It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Whisper, I got the part where I was *there* then *not there* cause of my morphing - very cool.

Ok from there what happened - how did you get me out of the way or alert me you were going to attack?

I just caught a one-liner by Studious that he turned and left the talkative alien and didn't' look back...the rude thing, lol!

Whisper: I love the Seething Sorrow weapon - hehehe

[edit on 24-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I just posted in the working thread that I figured when my security team showed up, you did your diappearing act again as you did your last post. Is that what Silo would do? That's why Silos actions are out of the battle scene as Whisper would only be seeing what was happening in front of her and the battle started before she arrived so you get to write that interaction if you so chose.

Edit: I just logically can't see the security team stopping and asking questions to a group that just tore a hole in our ship. They would be subdued and held for interrogation. Silo you weren't left out on purpose, I was just writing from my perspective on the ceiling to give you and Studious creative license to write your own characters experience.

If there's something specific you want changed, I'd be happy to do it. I always write Whisper from the moment I left off with her, view the events that have happened and bring her forward to the current moment. You weren't left out, just unseen.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

EDIT:

I just logically can't see the security team stopping and asking questions to a group that just tore a hole in our ship. They would be subdued and held for interrogation. Silo you weren't left out on purpose, I was just writing from my perspective on the ceiling to give you and Studious creative license to write your own characters experience.

Ok cool it's all good, and no I didnt think it was intentional -

But we still need something posted in the story line to go by

I can write something from there but I need directing from, you battle enraged Rigellian you! *teasing*

*Still love the *whip of Seething Sorrow*

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

look up lol

I made an edit to my last working thread post lol
Please post your thoughts!

Edit: Would you like to at least like me to add that I notice your headband on the floor? If you'd like to peek out in some way, let me know and I can add. I do need to go to bed soon but, as I told Studious if changes need to be made after the edit timer I can make a request to Masqua for changes as well.

Those are good suggestions Silo but not ones I can write. That would need to come from you or Studious. For me, I don't write others actions beyond my own NPCs or even put words in their mouths unless I ask first - I leave it open ended. That's why I mentioned how I worked my posts for flow. You'd start where you left off with the twitching and what not and then covered the rest of the scene from your perspective.

Again, I'd be more then happy to mention you - just please advise where you'd be in this situation or what you'd like me to add from MY perspective. Like I see you in such and such area doing this or that.

And thanks for complimenting the whip! Whisp is very fond of it lol

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I'm wearing my head band now in story.

I'll write something around this - the one liner from Studious makes a heap of difference. Problem is I would have followed him...
Ok never mind just babbling to myself, lol.

THANKERS

About W.O.S.S - I loved the name when you first came up with it - I should have said something then - sorry. Glad you kept the name.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ugh, Studious really doesn't want to be caught - won't you tell on him though if I don't show up there? He'd really like for me to somehow, which I haven't figured out yet, to run into the other group on their way to get Asher. But even if I seriously modify my post to reflect that - wouldn't you if just left there with Studious still tell on him? Would he take you hostage? That's why I'm a little uncomfortable about changing the whole thing to capture the other team. Also, I'm not quite sure what deck the RB is but I don't think it's between the bridge and the stairway

I'd like feedback from another Yydryl member and since you are standing right there, what are your thoughts Silo?

Reading your last working thread post and off to make an edit before bed! Will check in here again and - thanks for working with me! I honestly did get caught up in the battle and figured you were somehow hiding and didn't mention you at all beyond your lil headband. Honestly, I was freaked out by writing all the weapons jargon my palms were sweating for real :blush:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Normally I would have hidden - but I've been SO looking forward to talking to U-Mans my whole Silo life I really bust out of my introverted shell. That's why I'm kind of stuck not being able to just *morph out* without direction to where I went.

And yeah - working this stuff out is almost more fun that writing episodes!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Okies! I added you in. Hope it meets with your approval and if you don't mind, please let me know either way as the husband is glaring at me at 2:30 am lol Kidding, I don't think that man CAN glare - that's my department lol

Anywho, as far as your wanting to bond with the humans. That's why I told Studious perhaps a good way for him to continue with his quest is you visit him in the brig, talk to him, and decide to let him out (and hopefully put him back in of course) to the brig to fulfill his quest. You could even be his guide to whatever part of the ship he was going to. Makes sense to me you'd know the ship better then he would, could get you both there quickly and around any security problems.

Edit: When they "turn to leave the alien" is proably when the security team shows up

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

EDIT: PERFECT! You're a genius!

Thank you!
Sleep well!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Ok now that I know *where I am* in the story - I think it’s best I wait and see what Studious does before posting.

That's why I told Studious perhaps a good way for him to continue with his quest is you visit him in the brig, talk to him, and decide to let him out (and hopefully put him back in of course) to the brig to fulfill his quest. You could even be his guide to whatever part of the ship he was going to. Makes sense to me you'd know the ship better then he would, could get you both there quickly and around any security problems.

That works fine with me if it does with Studious but I’ll wait and see. That *Mad Man* might have other plans!

I’d like to think I’m touching my cheek because Studious has reached out to run his finger along my cheek before he turns and leaves. Kind of a quiet-man thing to do - You know the still waters that run deep kind’a thing - the U-Man under the Mad-Man leaking out. Which of course would lead me to doing about anything to help him!

So, I’ll just stand here with someone that isn’t the *Twitchy* character guarding me and wait to see what Studious says and does. I kind'a wish the *twitchy* one was left with me - I’d be able to run away with him to the bar...

But... I’ll wait for Studious as he’s all at once in the clutches of Whispers Whip - but running down the hall.

I think.

Now I’m all confused again...

Studiousssss help!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wow, there's a lot of talking about this.

Originally posted by Whisper67
Ugh, Studious really doesn't want to be caught - won't you tell on him though if I don't show up there?

I tried sneaking around and not getting caught, because I thought Seeker was going to be gone for a week. I thought that if he was going to have to be gone, It might be a good idea to have him taken by the NI team and then "hyperspace" away. Then Seeker could return at any point when NI decides to drop him off again. That's why I tried not getting caught.

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
By the way everyone, I'm going to be gone for about a week so don't panic if I don't get a post up. Hopefully I will be able to get some form of internet connection going, but it doesn't look likely at this point.

I will be back soon, so don't kill me off if you can help it.

But I missed the parts about him already having dealt with that and getting dial-up. *facepalm*

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
Sure. I'll be off and on periodically. Looking forward to it.

I think this solution might work, tell me what you all think.

Name: =A post by that person. (This would basically cut our larger posts into smaller chronological chunks so it would be easier on readers.)

Whisper: NPC's engaging Ackerman's team and Whisper arriving on Deck three hears this and goes toward the fight.

Studious: Hearing Ackerman's team is in trouble, leaves Silo and runs to assist.

Whisper: Engaging and disarming everybody.

Studious: Awe struck reaction shot.

My edit timer ran out though, so it looks like we'll have to ask Masqua.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Works great for me.

I'm glad I waited to post, I'll write around it once you and Whisper get it fugred out.

Remember to tell me to stay put or something - threaten me - anything to keep me from following you... Silos been waiting to long to talk to a U-Man just to let one run off.
Or maybe I'll follow you anyway, we'll see.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Since you're such a "U-Man" groupie - why don't you come on over to the Penelope.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studious
Wow, there's a lot of talking about this.

I wouldn't have even made a security officer post if Silo hadn't bumped into you guys, pressed the alert button, and Evans spoke into her headband. But, since all those thing happened, I felt compelled.

I never saw Seeker being the RB a problem as:

-he is sorta safe hands as long as he doesn't tick off Antar
-your Captain and mine were currently in a dialog about meeting and them coming to claim seeker.
-even if he had remained gone for four days, he could easily be recovering in our RB. I would think our amazing Antar would have greater healing abilities and nifty gadgets then a human ship.

Antar is itching for some battle so I thought with the Ackerman NPC team headed towards the RB - this would give her a viable way to get her fix. If so, I don't think it's going to work out so well for them lol

I must not be as articulate as I aspire to be. I think my posting technique does provide continuity for the reader as well as allow some posting freedom, as far as time, for the writers. Again, I always write Whisper from where she was last seen - could even be a few pages back - and write her forward. This provides a recap for the reader and well as allowing me to write in Whispers thoughts and actions.

Studious, are you really opposed to being captured? I've modified my post to clairfy the number of peeps there but I have to almost insist that if anyone puts a hole in our ship and storms aboard unwelcome - you would be dealt with harshly. Even if while in the stairway, Whisper heard fighting on another deck she would be concerned with Silo on deck three.

Whisper would probably kill an intruder normally but at the request of your captain, and probably mine as he'll write that when he gets here - I am merely detaining you. Also, the rules of the opera we can't kill another player but nothing states we can't capture them! And don't take that as I'd want to 'kill' anyone
I really thought the brig idea would fullfill both you and Silos storylines. I find it a realistic solution. Had Silo not showed up, your storyline might have had a different outcome.

I'm not trying to be difficult but logical! Also I'd like to comment that I appreciate how professional you Studious and Silo have been. We can always fix a post. I feel everyone should be able to bring to the working thread any concerns about another posts without fear of everyone freaking out or ruffling feathers.

I also suggest the following. If we have an issue with anyones post - the players involved in that scene may want to delay a follow up post until the first FUBAR post is fixed. I may not post daily but I'm a bit of an ATS addict and do check the working thread daily. Even on a holiday weekend. Heh.

::From her roof, she waves to all of you watching the Indy 500::

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
Studious, are you really opposed to being captured?

Not at all, in fact in my last post I stated the following...

Originally posted by Studious
I think this solution might work, tell me what you all think.

Name: =A post by that person. (This would basically cut our larger posts into smaller chronological chunks so it would be easier on readers.)

Whisper: NPC's engaging Ackerman's team and Whisper arriving on Deck three hears this and goes toward the fight.

Studious: Hearing Ackerman's team is in trouble, leaves Silo and runs to assist.

Whisper: Engaging and disarming everybody.

Studious: Awe struck reaction shot.

Studious becoming the awe struck one you say "Welcome to the Yyrdyl" to.

In that idea, I do get caught

Plus with that idea we both only need to basically separate our larger posts into smaller posts (To make it chronological and hopefully easier on readers.)

I should have worded my last post better. I was talking about that the only reason I didn't want to be captured before was so that Seeker (who at that time thought he would be offline for about a week.) could be whisked away by the NI agents and then returned when Seeker could get an internet connection up and running. (Of course, your right he could have just be left in the RB for that period of time as well.)

Unfortunately I missed the part about him getting dial-up before I posted and therefore Studious escaping is unnecessary.

Sorry for all the confusion everyone.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You folks have done a heck of a job thrashing out the details of a 3-way post! My hat's off to ya!

That sort of defines 'collaboration' doesn't it? Kudos!

Whisper, was that you on the rooftop waving in my satellite picture of your house? careful there, that roof is sort of steep! Put that glass down and maintain yer balance!

Studious - glad I'm not in your shoes. I wouldn't want that thing with all them arms and TEETH coming at me! That's the stuff nightmares are made of, and how are you supposed to know she's been given orders NOT to eat you?

[edit on 2009/5/24 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

You got nice rugs over there?

I hope to get held hostage, taken for a visit, something soon on the Penny, but after CM and I complete a very important mission.

*cliff hanger*

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Hey now wait a minute! lol
You’d not a gone after him if he’d stayed put on the Penny!
Don’t you go blaming this on me, lol.
*wink*

Hey - was that you waving from the rooftop during the race...
Oh no wait.
My race today was in Monte Carlo.

Glad you’re back - now we can do some ironing.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm sure we can arrange something with rugs to your liking, SILO. Look forward to having you aboard.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

You got nice rugs over there?

Yeah, we got some nice rugs, but if anyone catches me talking to them, I'll be in a padded cell right next to Studious!

I hope to get held hostage, taken for a visit, something soon on the Penny,

Still got that pirate jones, I see..

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join