It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Please post, I'd love to keep the Story going

I just meant that twists and turns will lead this to another conclusion and that I'd post the other as a pdf document "alternate" ending.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And I thought I'd be pouting all weekend...

(No holiday here this weekend)...

I wanna know why this guys nose is twitcing!

[edit on 23-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I wanna know why this guys nose is twitcing!

Give us a tour of the bar and you'll find out.

Don't give me that look, it's him twitching!

(Seriously, the thing that's causing him to twitch really does have to do with the bar though. It has to do with some food that's there. Hint...Hint.)

EDIT:

Should we keep going or should we wait for the others?

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, we haven't done anything but me run into you and we all start a dialog - and that twitching stuff - so we've not changed the story line more than an accidental meeting...I've even posted I'm stalling you to wait for the others...

But that being said any more changes in the story line would in deed be pushing it.

I dunno how were all going to get to the bar and have no one get pounced on - I guess we'll have to leave that part up to someone else!

Edit: Could it be PRETZELS!

Oh dang now we got to get you to bar and everyone in one piece!

*Sits on hands to resist urge to post*...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Naw, I don't want to off Studious. The Security crew is padding his very own cell for him as we speak. Wanna make him comfortable!

I AM, however, fairly cross with the NI operatives, for a variety of reasons. So cross, in fact, that I truly do hope they can breathe vaccuum if they manage to escape Yydryl in one piece.

What IS taking Whisper and Scurvy so long to get to the wee S.I.L.O. indeed. I surmise it's because they ran into the NI contingent bound for the RB, and are now on their way to the bar to pick up the barbecue sauce...

Wish I could wake the heck up!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Ok, you're not awake, let me toss in this wee Synopsis.

First not much happened. Second, this morning I was on my way to see the U-Man at sickbay.

At the same time (love the synchronicity) Studious and his bunch a thugs CUT through poor Ship and gained entry after sneaking away from the Penelope - (on a *rescue* mission they’re calling it.)

On the Penny all are doing what they can to contact the Yydryl - I think hoping we’ll make Studious walk the plank? (Or jettison him out the torpedo tubes - I’m a bit vague on that though.)

So, back to on-board the Yydryl...

As Studious is cutting - my Ships pendant goes off sending me what I *think* is a distress signal.

Terrified and screaming for the life of Ship I bang on the door of sickbay for Antar - and no response - she’s got her hands full of U-Man .
I run off to find Whisper or the Captain of both for help!

Instead I smash right into Studious and his boarding party, but manage to on one hand extended a greeting in friendship, the other hand pull an alarm that conveniently was right behind my back. (Nice how that happened)...

From there I taunted them a bit - they started twitching, I morphed, un-morphed, lied and told them my headband would bite them.
They lowered their weapons, made some jokes about the Queen... Wait, they made jokes about the Queen then I lowered their weapons.

After that just some more twitching and me stalling like hell until someone else shows up...
Now I’m in way huge hopes it’s Cindymars who will take us to the bar only becasue as Leisure Officer she might not shoot Studious on sight.

So lots talk - no real change.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've been able to get an internet connection fo the time being...

Dial up...

Love how it's going so far. Can't wait to see how this encounter goes.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

*ouch* (dial-up)

Glad you're here at least!

(Almost)...

Will you be able to post anything while on dial-up?

EDIT to Add: You didn't get that joke did you.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sure. I'll be off and on periodically. Looking forward to it.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No worries lil Silo! I have a security team on deck 3 (?) which will soon be there as well as I thought perhaps Whisper, while still on the ceiling listening to communications between Scurvy, CM, and Luder could pick up on the conversation from the headband of the humans and alert her staff as well as make a personal appearance?

How does that sound? OR, it also seems logical to me there would be some kind of bright, blinking button on the bridge alerting us to a hull breach? I'm prepping the post and will be checking the working thread while working it so please, I appreciate feedback.

Also, I had an idea but would like to leave it for Deson. Mostly because I feel like with all his work he could use some stars and flags he should start the thread. I'd like to see a thead called something like "Yydryl: A ship companion" Around my house, we have several books on Star Wars and Star Trek of the actual ships and specs of those ships. Not that we have to get that technical but, I think having a general outline or map would be good as well as each member of the Yydryl can post any pictures they have. Remember how much trouble we all had locating The Swamp? LOL I think I've only ever mentioned that crew quarters were on deck 6. Other then that, I don't think there's anything in writing about where anything is - we could all contribute to the overall layout of the ship design.

As far as the warp core, these are usually in the center of the ship so we could do one of two things - silo if you were to build a temple in the center of the jungle, engineering and the warp core could be housed in there or we could just put the warp core some where else on the ship. Again, these are just brainstorming ideas.

But, Deson if you'd like to start this thread - I'd like you to have the accolades that come with - not saying you have to do all the work. And not that all things have to come with a picture either. We can make descriptions of our quarters - anything and everything. Deson you could repost the pics you already have of the elevators and such. Whatcha guys think?

It's a super busy day here but I will get a post up. I usually like to spend more time prepping but, don't want to delay the story so I hope it's up to par! ::cross fingers:: Good day all!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

no, the U-Mans want you to HOLD Studious, so WE can jettison him out the torpedo tubes!

Ya'll can eat the NI operatives, though, in the second bunch heading for the RB. Studious might faint if he sees you eat the ones he's with.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I hit the ships alarm button a bit back.

There was no breach alarm because that dog Studious drugged Ship before cutting! Evil U-Man!

Oh, evil or no, Please, don't kill him - or if you have to at least buy him a final drink before you do. I'm dying to know what's up in the bar for the U-Man group.

Edit:

As far as the warp core, these are usually in the center of the ship so we could do one of two things - silo if you were to build a temple in the center of the jungle, engineering and the warp core could be housed in there .

Not a problem. Let me show you some of the other areas of Ships Center before you decide on the Jungle just in case you like another area better. (Unless you need jungle in which case you get jungle)...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

no, the U-Mans want you to HOLD Studious, so WE can jettison him out the torpedo tubes!

So I can keep save the *twitchy* NI for my gardener?

*evil grin*

Naw, toast em all...

Speaking of faint... The heck with how Studious will feel, I see Whisper chomp up any U-Mans I'll wet the rug.

EDIT:

Just read your post!

Three thumbs up!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Nenothtu, that scene was touching. Two bad us humans only have two thumbs
I can't give you a Silo's three.

About my post

Whisper, I think you thought the whole team was in one place. I knew I should have written that better.

Since Silo wasn't mentioned I assumed Ackerman's team would be the one that got hit.

Since there were three men in his team I put the disarming, the hit in the leg and the death by needles parts, but left out mention of the stunned men on the ground.

I expected someone was going to get killed on this mission and had something special planned for when it happened.

"Ford disappears in a ball of white light."

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Studious, my sincere apologizes! This was my error, not yours. I had your and Silos posts up as I wrote but, I must have misperceived. You didn’t do a poor job writing, I did a poor job reading.

Please let me know how many are in the group you are with (two?) and I will rework my post. I hope you are with the group that is with Silo and her headband! If you can reply tonight, I’ll change it before the editing time is up but even if the time expires I can always put a request in to Masqua for an edit. I could leave one dead, one paralyzed (for 30 minutes – he’ll be moved to the RB for recovery) and leave the paragraph with me and you as it stands.

I didn’t mention Silo in the action because it was my understanding she was cloaked by the ships interior intermittently. That’s why the computer, when asked, stated Silo was not on the Yydryl, Silo was on deck three, then gone again. I thought once the firing started Silo would take cover as I’m not aware if she has any weapons. Whisper may not see her as she’s focused on the battle but this leaves room for Silo to still make a post on her perceptions of the battle.

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

I don't know if it will go away in her "rework" - but you, Studious, were the one she caught in her whip thing and said, "Welcome to the Yydryl" to.

Just pointing that out.

Maybe it will change, but just didn't know if you caught that or not.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
Moloch maintain your post. Whisper out.” The words left her lips and she knew she spoke to her own inner self about the prejudices towards humans.

Sounds of battle filled the air as she neared the stairway exit for deck three. Entering the corridor she could see on the far end of the hallway an all out battle taking place between four of the Yydryl security team and five humans. Was that Moloch? Her orders being to subdue and detain the humans, Whisper decided upon a more stealthy approach and sheathed her blaster rifle.

Maybe Whisper could have been heading for Silo's position but get's sidetracked by the sounds of Moloch fighting Ackeman's team. That way the only thing that needs to be changed is the part about the two extra stunned guys on the ground. Everything else fits would fit then.

Originally posted by mf_luder

I don't know if it will go away in her "rework" - but you, Studious, were the one she caught in her whip thing and said, "Welcome to the Yydryl" to.

Just pointing that out.

I thought that was supposed to be me. But since Silo wasn't mentioned I had it be the other team that got struck. Plus I still want to have "twitchy guy" Nathan and Evans around if we go to the bar and find that something.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Just pointing that out.

Also, S.I.L.O. was with Studious' team, and that's where Whisper went to to do battle, answering Silo's call, and having the ship track her ("there she is! No she ain't! Yes she is!")

Edit: just read your post here, right above this one. Disregard my lunatic ravings.

You blew a door open into a room full of irritable aliens, one of whom is a main character that goes from zero to deadly in less than 2 seconds, and has all manner of weapons and magic to back herself up, and the rest of whom eat humans for snacks. Glad neno passed out again! Once he's back on his feet, I'd appreciate it if anyone handy would shoot him in the foot should he ever entertain the notion of going along on one of Studious' away missions. They seem to have a dark cloud following them!

[edit on 2009/5/23 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studious

Plus I still want to have "twitchy guy" Nathan and Evans around if we go to the bar and find that something.

Ah HA! I knew it! No, lol - I picked this up in your post and figured it was important to you. My intent was not to trip you up but wrote it so:

-I was alerted via the headband overhearing Evans
-I knew where to go by asking the computer where to find Silo

Then I made sure not to injure you but capture you. After you in the brig and talk to your captain, do you think they'll throw you in the brig on the Penny or will you be able to explain yourself away? I was hoping so then perhaps you would be invited to dinner and could slip away onto your quest. So this wasn't to trip you up, just delay you. But perhaps you are in more trouble then I think you are.

I agree on having too many players in the scene but, I feel sure on I am where I am suppose to be. At the same time, I never want to step on toes or interfer on a treasured story line.

Suggestions anyone? Comments on how Studious might be dealt with if caught? If he's dealt with harshly I should probably find another way to write the post. However, Studious I don't see how it's possible at all with security on the alert and Whisper on the hunt you could sneak about the Yydryl. As security officer, I can give you some lee way here but...only to a realistic point
Roll that 12 sided dice buddy!

Edit: Come to think of it, even just being a party to injuring and boarding our ship would exculde you from a dinner invitation. Any chance you'd be willing to find a creative way in and out of the Yydryl brig solo or with the suriving member of your trio? Or even maybe you had a quick bonding moment with Silo, she comes to visit you in the brig and lets you out for a few minutes - she would also be able to be a guide. She'd have to agree to all of that tho

[edit on 5/23/2009 by Whisper67]

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Heh.

I'm going to reserve my decision until the posts are finalized so as not to influence the "past" w/ what will occur in the "future."

The Colonel will be dealt with when he is returned to the Penelope, assuming your Captain if/when he ever posts again doesn't decide to launch an attack based off of the actions of that team.

Neno

Damn good story line there w/ your son. You keep me on my toes.

Better hurry up and get out of that sickbay. Need you on the bridge.

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join