It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hey guys just checking in to see whats up.

I see the thread has moved a tad I'll be writing tonight and posting in the morrow.

So am I checking out the "Attachment" or no?

Just curious.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, check it out to see if it's dangerous, and how we might get rid of it in a hurry if we need to.

But keep your eyes peeled for boobytraps on it!

Edit: by 'dangerous', I mean dangerous to us on Penelope. it probably goes without saying that bombs that can produce nova in entire stars would be classed as 'dangerous' in general and on principle.

[edit on 2009/5/6 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Greetings Everyone ~

Just needed a point of clarification - hasn't the Pene and Yydryl met up? Isn't the Pene just within our range?

In Antars last post there was talk of heading to Earth but just curious as to how we are going to reconcile the story. Are we going to meet the Pene then we all head to Earth? Are we just going to ignore the other ship? I was excited that we were finally going to meet up as the Yydryl is short on staff and...active staff.

I like loam being seen with the Space Witch ~ perhaps he is still on the ship but unavailable...Has the 'Do Not Distrub' sign on his quarters and is unavailable via communicators. ::shrug:: I could always assign some of my staff to guard his door.

I've painted myself into a corner awaiting someone elses post ~ perhaps I need to just move on and skip the segment. If and when they come back they can fill in the blanks? Whispers kisses have zero response? *gasp* lol Any suggestions here would be appreciated. Should I just skip the segment and head on over to the meeting?

~~I'm so confused~~ lol

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Don't bust me out just yet. I have one more post after this one I want to get in while still in the brig.

We could prep for it though getting Seeker temporarily released etc... or finding another cutting gizmo to open the door.

About this most recent post.

I realized that I had forgotten to mention how Theresa was being affected by the gas. I'm thinking an easy way is that she's fallen into the kind of state she was in when she was under Qa's control. To recover after the exposure to the gas subsides.

This post starts somber and is meant to convey the "wake up" theme that so many here on ATS display.

EDIT:

Originally posted by Whisper67
I've painted myself into a corner awaiting someone elses post ~ perhaps I need to just move on and skip the segment. If and when they come back they can fill in the blanks? Whispers kisses have zero response? *gasp* lol Any suggestions here would be appreciated. Should I just skip the segment and head on over to the meeting?

~~I'm so confused~~ lol

Not sure how many other people really are on the Yydryl. So perhaps medical droids or if their is a larger biological crew medic's could carry him away.

Just an idea.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Studious]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

When last we saw our intrepid heroes, The Yydryl crew was getting excited about earth, and I believe there was specific mention a time or two of Penelope.

Penelope was 'lost in space', precise whereabouts unknown currently, even to her own crew, with an unknown alien vessel off the bow. Capt Luder was away from the bridge, neno had the con when the vessel was discovered, and sent a hail towards it. Unknown at this time if it is Yydryl or just a false alarm, as the hail has not met a response.

Antar has called a special meeting of the Yydryl crew on the bridge, the assembly has not assembled yet. Not to worry, I think both Antar and and Whisper are on the bridge, as well as an unconscious Scurvy.

Speaking of an unconscious Scurvy, Do you have than effect on everyone you kiss? Knock 'em out in a cold swoon like that?

In RL, Loam is currently kind of tied up, Luder is en route back to Korea, and a couple of others are MIA, hence the wee slow down we are experiencing. Ain't nothin' but a thang, We'll have another one of those fast-n-furious output episodes shortly.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm almost ready to post.

stay tuned

[edit on 6-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ok for what it worth there is my latest.

Not as good as the one I wrote a few days ago but deleted thinking that there was a plot change in the works do to the conversations going on in this thread previously.

Let me know if I left anything out.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Dang it's from famine to feast here!

Abso-fantas-lutely-fabulouse posts all!

Hehehe - I'm just lovin' them!

Those are inspirational...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I hope we’re meeting up and then heading to Earth.
Right?
Nothing’s written in stone but it seems that’s how all the story lines have been heading.
So we’re all on the way to the bridge now to meet up with Antar.
From there (I hate this word) I presume we’ll be making plans to meet up then head off to Earth???

Whisper - pleaseeeeee write yourself out of it (that corner you're in).
I miss your posts...

I know - you were dreaming that *smoochie* and you *wake up* to Antar and Scurvy waiting for you to say something but you got lost in thought or something, anything, but get back into it!
We need your help here Ms. Security Officer...

[edit on 6-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey Whisper you could have just imagened it.
Silo I sent the off the U2U without responding but yes.
Silo you write it I am game.

Edited to add:
I now lovingly call the guys of the Pen My Space Cowboys! Yipeee!!!!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ok. So I finally have some breathing room.

Damn, I'm so behind.

I'll obviously read the story thread, but can someone bring me up to speed on this one?

Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Damn, I'm so behind.

I'll obviously read the story thread, but can someone bring me up to speed on this one?

Thanks.

Right now, Luder has dropped Penelope in an 'unknown' area of space via an emergency Wormhole burn to nowhere in particular. Dropping out of the wormhole, we detected an unknown vessel off of our bow, too far yet to identify. we are in orbit around an unidentified planet, with the unidentified vessel off of our bow, at a distance. Nenothtu sent a hail to the unknown vessel, requesting identification, but has not yet gotten a response. The stage is set for it to be Yydryl or not, as you wish. That ball is in your court now.

Last I saw, the Yydryl crew was being gathered on the bridge by Antar for a meeting, and Capt Loam disappeared in the company of a space witch.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Chief Engineer Slayer, you over wired bucket of Mars Filth! That was a GREAT post! You did it to get even with me for someone's ruined keyboard, didn't you?

As usual, the graphics are superb. That N-bomb diagram looks suspiciously like the firing mechanism to bring two chunks of uranium together into a critical mass for an a-bomb. You a nuclear scientist, and just ain't telling us?

Cliffhanger ending - priceless!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I left it open in case there is a plot change. I like an idea I heard earlier today maybe we will go with it I dunno
This is

Chief Engineer Slayer you over wired bucket of Mars Filth

Signing off

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Damn, I'm so behind.

Thanks.

Just thinking that we had not seen you on the boards in quite a few and prematurely I went ahead and posted that I saw you disparate with the MS witch, just to get the team together on the bridge and it will be at this time we spot the earth crew which is fine with us as we need them for the work on the higher dimensions later , not too much later in the story. remember I had stated to silo that we will need reps from every dimensional plane present when we work on the expanding universe deal, the rip, the Dark Lords sinister plan to annihilate everything in the known universe?

I do like CMs idea of Whispers *kiss* turning out to be a fantasy which is broken as I make the announcement over the comms to head to the bridge.

That or the kisss could stand as is and she simply goes into battle mode as she knows what is at stake leaving silo unsure of whether it was real or imagined, lol!

Uman Jerky anyone???

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Uman Jerky anyone???

I'll take mine with LOTS of salt, pepper, barbecue sauce, and Texas Pete (he says as he slides into a multi-tentacled costume). It's worked for me before when I've found myself having to eat questionable things far, far away. If foreigners think the strangest things are food, how much more so an alien crew aboard Yydryl?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Double post. Dang 'puters.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

If foreigners think the strangest things are food, how much more so an alien crew aboard Yydryl?

Speaking of dietary cuisine from abroad, you'd best hope the the Yydryl crew does not EVER hear about the dish euphemistically called 'Long Pig'.

They may want to try it out.

sp. and a link

[edit on 6/5/09 by masqua]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

It's my understanding that the crew of the Yydryl prefer their Long Pig dried rather than roasted. Hence my apprehensions...

At least I won't suffer the additional indignity of being smoked!

Say, as a thought, d'ya think we could bribe 'em with REAL pork? I hear it tastes just like chick... er, I mean 'human'.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
On the Yydryl I’ve been eating some of the best bread and fruit, drinking some of the best wine...
*Gulp*
I hope this isn’t like on The Jules Vern: 1000 Leagues under the Sea where the Crews eating what they *think* is chicken and veal, etc - and it’s all fishies parts.
That would mean I’ve been eating - U-Man parts! Ew ewewew...
Nenothtu - bring on the pork!

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join