First off, I appreciate the input. Yes, I plan on modifying the chairs (Textures and making the base a little larger in diameter). I see no problem
with making the bottom seat form fitting. In fact the cushions in the Backrest would also be form fitting as well. A possible low tech approach
might be to have the cushions filled with the same stuff as Bean bag chairs. Less mechanisms to go wrong that way.
ok, I've been doing some thinking lately (waits for the crowd to finish the obvious reply of "oh, good!!" (chuckle)). I've earlier developed the
Bio Conveyor for Vertical movement. Now I'm tackling Horizontal Movement and came up with what you see.
Several things that I want to point out at this time. I have done virtually no texture work on this concept. So these pictures are simply for the
concept only. You'll notice that there are no chairs in this pod. I'll add these later and I figure on using the same adjustable chairs that I
designed earlier. I refer to these as Travel Pods.
ok, onto the general concept of this:
1) You'll note that the same muscle that I used in the Bio Conveyor (Elevator) on the underside. It uses the same concept as the Elevator and
travels along the same type of track the Elevator does. I figure that other than the direction and larger capacity it's pretty much the same
2) I figure on these there is a 8 being capacity. Larger ones would be used for such things as Cargo and Troop Transport. Individual Pods could be
linked with each other for larger capacity (sort like a train in that respect)
3) It's streamlined in both directions to allow travel in both directions. The seats would simply pivot so that everyone is facing the same way.
Unless you want to have them sorta turned in towards each other like a mobile conference room for example. You can do either way.
4) You'll note the thickness of the lower door. This provides strength so that you can literally walk on the lowered door to enter. To board it you
can walk up (from the platform that I'll work on later like I did for the Bio- Conveyor earlier) a short incline that lines up with the door.
5) You'll note the murkiness of the glass. It's not glass actually. It is Chitin.
material that you find in insect shells for example. It's just a bit more transparent than most but murky because of the way how it was
6) That greenish look on the inside of the pod is light shining through the "Glass" and not a texture itself.
ok, what I've done is uploaded 4 pics each showing the 3 phases of the dual hatchways opening and a group picture showing all 3 modes at once. Click
on the links below each pic for a complete view.
Pod with doors closed.
Pod doors closed
Pod Partially open
Pod doors fully open
Full sized pic link
3 Phases of opening
Once again, these are concept pics only. I will add textures, chairs and other details others.
Hope that these are suitable for you.