It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Loam's last appearance on ATS was a week ago. Something may have come up in RL.

To the Yydryl crew

Let's either give him some more time or The Yydryl could advance a crew member to captain the ship until Loam gets back.

Another option would be to look for more writers to get involved. The last couple who SAID they were interested obviously backed away.

A third option is for the Yydryl to carry on as is until the Penelope careens onto the ship's screens and take the story from there. From that point on, everyone will be in contact with everyone else.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
EDIT: See more recent Post.

Opening a window on a space faring vessel is not a good idea and that's basically what the decompression system does.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, I'm thinking Seeker is essentially comatose for the moment, but at least the pulse charge that Neno hit him with opens up some freedom options.

Thanks for frying me Neno.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by nenothtu

ROFL.

Wouldn't that be something.

The ENTIRE ship crashes on Khalamzadar.

Back where you started eating some of those Uktena Ribs.......

Well, if that's how it goes, I can show you the town... really, several of 'em, all abandoned. No sentinent life left, and I couldn't read the glyphs to figure out who built 'em. I probably have some Uktena jerky stashed in a cave somewhere, for rations. Don't bring a razor, it ruins a carefully cultivated 'castaway' look. Besides, an unscheduled wormhole IS how the character wound up on that planet anyhow. I bet he's getting sort of nervous about now....

It COULD provide the ultimate opportunity to meet the Yydryl, unscheduled and unexpected like. If BOTH boats end up at Khalamzadar, though, I'm hiding BEHIND that scary Whisper individual. Less likely she'll eat ME, and it pays to own a buffer zone when there's Uktenas about.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
Well, I'm thinking Seeker is essentially comatose for the moment, but at least the pulse charge that Neno hit him with opens up some freedom options.

Thanks for frying me Neno.

No Problem! I been Itchin' to zap the tin man anyhow. He still makes me nervous, perhaps more so now...

By the way, that's as close as I could come to a 'focused EMP' zap, off the top of my head. Based on the taser I gave my wife for her birthday. Man, those things HURT, and leave ya shaky too....

[edit on 2009/4/22 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I've been thinking about it

Why make it complicated? Why not just have the door be stuck?

I've removed all the "only the security console can do it" lines.

That makes it WAY less complicated and as a bonus it fits with the Captain's line about localizing the controls.

The decompression could just be a glitch....or more sinister.

Originally posted by nenothtu
It COULD provide the ultimate opportunity to meet the Yydryl, unscheduled and unexpected like. If BOTH boats end up at Khalamzadar, though, I'm hiding BEHIND that scary Whisper individual. Less likely she'll eat ME, and it pays to own a buffer zone when there's Uktenas about.

Uh oh......If both ships get stranded, while one species has been known to EAT the other. Then maybe being trapped in the brig behind an impenetrable door isn't so bad after all.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Should you decide to strand us on Khalamzadar, here's the map:

Khalamzadar 4 Tourist Map

(Somebody let me know if the link works, so I can fix it if it don't.)

It's the surface map I developed for the planet in Celestia, but with labels.
Note the lack of interesting features, except for what really counts.

Also, I'm hoping sick bay can do something to fix whatever the AI did to seeker's brain. Is there a doctor in the house? And is the AI loose in the ship's computer now?

We better hit atmo before Studious and Theresa are breathing vacuum. I hear it pulls your lungs right out. Through your throat and mouth. Pretty nasty, that.

Studious, if we hit dirt there, and you're the first out, via the hole that's sucking vacuum, DON"T FEED THE ANIMALS!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Again, Neno - you never fail to amaze me.

Do you have some type of world-map generation software you're using?

BTW - I would like you to send me the stuff we talked about through email.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Also, I'm hoping sick bay can do something to fix whatever the AI did to seeker's brain. Is there a doctor in the house?

Since he is part machine, maybe Slayer could do something for him.

Just an idea.

And is the AI loose in the ship's computer now?

I was thinking the computerized feminine voice was just unthinking. (If that's what your referencing.)

I do have a plan though that connects three different storylines into one. Plus it fits well alongside Seeker's storyline.

1. That noise I kept referencing.

2. [This would give it away if I wrote it out. It's not the familiar voice/silhouette though]

3. The danger in the brig.

This connecting storyline fits well with, but does not interfere with, Seeker's new toys and the secret payload "Apotheosis" storyline.

Studious, if we hit dirt there, and you're the first out, via the hole that's sucking vacuum, DON"T FEED THE ANIMALS!

Maybe all the talking, apparently to myself, will scare them away.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
At this point the AI that was in Seeker's inserts died with them. The massive tazer/emp thingy that Neno hit him with did the trick. 400k volts of juice might leave him in a coma for a bit but the AI are no longer a problem in his case.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I take it that means the link worked?

I have several world generators, but that one does the best job. It just takes more post processing. If your interested I'll try to find the links to it and U2U 'em, so you can download. It's freeware.

The planet has a LOT of clouds in Celestia. I figured, for story purposes, a jungle planet would have a lot of mist and rain. Careful of fungus!

A refresher on what it would look like from the bridge:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
At this point the AI that was in Seeker's inserts died with them. The massive tazer/emp thingy that Neno hit him with did the trick. 400k volts of juice might leave him in a coma for a bit but the AI are no longer a problem in his case.

That's a relief! Now, about that "Apotheosis" thingy... can we cook Uktena with it?

Seriously, we're still in trouble until the crew ferrets it out.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

OK I'm done let me know if I missed something or I need to change something sorry I've been busy all day I threw that together in a matter of minutes things went kind of fast.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Noticed a mis-spell, "BAST IT!" instead of "BLAST IT!", unless you meant the egyptian cat goddess?

You seem to have covered everything, except the fragged, fried, and thoroughly ruined bridge control systems. I hope we have an alternate, emergency bridge! the Enterprise did...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I got it thanks I rewrote a tiny bit to match some of the drama I think it works let me know

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You seem to have covered everything, except the fragged, fried, and thoroughly ruined bridge control systems. I hope we have an alternate, emergency bridge! the Enterprise did...

Radio a comm down and let my character know I'll have a crew and it will be up and operational in a few hours?

I was just about to have a drink with an Ensign

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They're gonna need spare parts. LOTS of spare parts. Does FedEx deliver out here?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yup, that works. The ball is in your court. I relayed a request to your character.

STUDIOUS: You should have given him more than 10 SECONDS before a complete and total decompression!

I think the only solution there will be something on the order of having the power surge to have burned out the relays to the servos that actuate the gizzys that actually open to decompress all the air out into space, unless somebody else has other ideas?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Neno, I swear man, your particular brand of humor is freaking hilarious. I just got done reading your last post and the whole "bring one of everything but my seat cushion" line... Let's just say you owe me a new keyboard...

One without Dr. Pepper sprayed all over it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Thanks! I gotta quit doing stuff like that, but I can't help myself. Maybe I should just buy stock in technology companies.

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join