It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well I have a completely OPERA related question that Whispers now defunct thread made me think of.

Outside of starring a post by the readers/fan base can there be or is there any forum or way for the fan/Readers to leave comments for their favorite characters OR leave comments pro or con regarding our performances?

In other words someplace they can discuss what has happened and as a community fan base go talk pro and con about our performances?

That we can later read and respond to?

Am I making any sense here?

[edit on 21-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Congratulations!!!!

(*Begs for mercy from the mods*)

Unrelated:

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Outside of starring a post by the readers/fan base can there be or is there any forum or way for the fan/Readers to leave comments for their favorite characters OR leave comments pro or con regarding our performances?

In other words someplace they can discuss what has happened and as a community fan base go talk pro and con about our performances?

That we can later read and respond to?

Am I making any sense here?

Yes that makes sense and I think that would be a great idea.

About the most recent post.

This video is somewhat similar to what Studious is doing.

These moments from the film were supposed to represent John Adams letters to Abigail Adams. (Note this film was a musical.)

(The actor playing Adams is probably more well known as Mr. Feeney but I think of Mr. Feeney as an old John Adams.
)

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lordy! We have the Marine Commandant in the brig area talking to the voices in his head, and seeker desperately trying to revolt against TPTB all by his lonesome! Neno is gonna head for the bridge, and try to be in place to deliver some voltage to seeker, should the situation require it. Not gonna zap him until i get the go-ahead here from seeker, since I don't want to step on your story, and I'm not quite sure what's up with it. Whaddaya think, Seeker? A high-voltage, low-amperage jolt be enough to scramble the synapses for a bit, long enough to help ya out?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I got us down to 3 hours to go in Engineering and am making my way to the brig.

Let's see what kind of shenanigans happens while I'm there,

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You ARE one of the 'top dawgs', on Command Staff, and shouldn't have any problem getting in. Now, once you're in, you might run into a slightly confused looking Marine officer, who is at the moment conversing with the voices in his head, or so it would appear to an outside observer, I'd guess.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
At the risk of getting a hand slap for being "off topic"...

Thanks for the grats guys.

As for the story.

Slayer - lol - I'm not MIA, I'm still with this thing 100 percent. Believe you me.

I have a story arc laid out that I'm hoping to propel the crew down and inevitably create a possible link up w/ the Yydryl's crew somehow or way.

We'll have to see what pans out.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

After reviewing the thread again and again, I now have a serious dilemma.

Yydryl crew.

Without blatantly using outside knowledge to affect in-story events, I see that you guys are somewhat pushing the Yydryl toward Earth to aid the "u-mans" against the Dark Lord.

If you are bringing the Yydryl to Earth, then I need to change a couple of ideas I had to accommodate our meeting. If not - then I'm going to continue on with my original plan.

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I'm putting this map up in hopes that it will help the Penelope and Yydryl figure out how to 'run into' one another.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fadac41fc9bc.jpg[/atsimg]

I've labelled the Earth, Alpha Centauri, and the apporach vector of the Yydryl, as well as the direction to the Ophiuchi Menace. Maybe Yydryl will sensor us out in passing the battle? Or head straight TO the battle? I hear they're a bloodthirsty bunch

I'm sure you all can figure something out!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

That is an impressive piece of work, Neno - where did you get that? It looks hand-drawn, too. Did you do it yourself?

I want whatever you used to make this!

I went and did some researching and I found the following site:

www.projectrho.com...

I'll probably be ordering some of those posters as I write my own sci-fi and its set in the "actual" galaxy, but for this collaboration I'm also using big whiteboards in my room in Korea to keep track of plot changes and things of that nature.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
you might run into a slightly confused looking Marine officer, who is at the moment conversing with the voices in his head, or so it would appear to an outside observer, I'd guess.

Does he have access to firearms?

Anyway so whats the deal we still traveling towards our original destination?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Does he have access to firearms?

Well, he IS a Marine....

Anyway so whats the deal we still traveling towards our original destination?

Near as I can tell. I think the last I heard, we were on our way to the moon to link up with an assault force, then on to Alpha Centauri.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yeah, we're still going to the moon.

If I don't get a response back in the next couple of hours about their plans, I'm going ahead and pushing the story forward a bit more.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN

[Terminate Operator: RAGGEDY FANNIES]

Holy cow I knew that Mark VII "Zone Killer" was going to be trouble.

Welcome to the club of "People who pointed a gun at the Captain."
(PPGC for short)

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Looks like me and Luder were posting at the same time, and I'll have to go in and rework mine to conform with new informations... It'll be done in a jiffy, don't jerk the rug out from under me before it gets done!

Edit: ok, all done now. One of these days, I'm gonna have to flat out KILL somebody that points a gun at my boss!

Anybody taking bets that the random wormhole dumps Penelope out somewhere near Orion? I sure hope it ain't taking us back to Khalamzadar! You get tired of hiding from monsters and exploring abandoned cities after a while...

[edit on 2009/4/22 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Simply amazing drama aboard the Penelope! If there's any editing needs done, please just U2U me with the changes you want and they'll done toot sweet.

Wow!

Also looking forward to the long-awaited meeting between the Penelope and the Yydryl.

Also, If you need NATURE to step in with something, let me know.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Could nature find us a captain so we can get something moving?

Sorry for the sacasm!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I know I'm probably a bit behind on the background thread but.... Where's LOAM!?!?!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Edit: ok, all done now. One of these days, I'm gonna have to flat out KILL somebody that points a gun at my boss!

If you can't beat us join us. I hear the Club for PPGC has a wonderful buffet.

(PPGC= People pointing Guns at the Captain.)

About my post.

EDIT:
1. The explosion was thought to be an asteroid by Studious. Who is very much in the dark now......literally
EDIT:

EDIT:
2. The Door is Broken.
EDIT:

3. The brig security protocol was designed to convince escapees to give up. As the air dwindles and the realize it is futile to attempt to get through the door.

4. The High falutin plasma cutting thingy is based of the super-duper welder gizmo. Seeker may be Theresa and Studious' only hope BUT can we trust him?

If you don't like where this is going I can remove this part.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

ROFL.

Wouldn't that be something.

The ENTIRE ship crashes on Khalamzadar.

Back where you started eating some of those Uktena Ribs.......

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Oh shoot.

I used my god like Captain powers (lol) to put a relay on my chair that could be used to control the brig stations.

Don't know if it would still work or not considering the circumstances, but if you don't like that idea - we'll have to see what becomes of what.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join