It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 390
<< 387  388  389    391  392 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Okay, you've all had a chance to read and understand that the rules will be enforced.
Failure to do that will result in posts being removed....not good for the story....or posts edited...also not good for the story.
If it becomes a serious issue, a posting ban could be issued.

With that business out of th way, please return to your writing...the thread is being reopened.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Thank you and I will be more careful in the future.

It may be time purchase Boy In A Dress a pair of troosers!!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Thanks

trousers, heh??

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
*** never mind ***

peace
edit on 27-9-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

That's actually about how it went - except the kids running around were wearing face paint more often than not, which struck me with a chord of discord!

I had intended to post a couple pictures of the view from my window, but once again for about the third time in as many years, my ATS picture gallery is inaccessible for either upload, viewing, or posting. The "New look" seems to have left the button off that would allow me to get to it.

edit on 2013/9/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

On the banner above are a series of buttons which go from 'home' to the 'black/white option'. Towards the right you will see a 'down arrow'. Click on the arrow button and a sub menu appears which contains the 'upload' link.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thank you, sir! It took me a week just to figure out how to get back to my U2U's, and most of them were gone by that point. Now I can find the upload area... soon I will RULE THE WORLD!

As promised, here are a few of the photos - I took a couple hundred, but most are too intricate for a thread sized picture to do them any justice:

This guy, doing a "Sneak Up" dance, is the same one who was playing the flute in the first picture and setting up the tipi in front of my place in the second two. He also woke me up playing that cedar flute on Sunday morning. as wakeup calls go, it beat the dickens out of an alarm clock.

Added bonus: This young lady, Jana Mashonee, was there and performed twice on the stage - once Saturday night, which didn't go all that well, and again Sunday afternoon, with quite a bit more success:

That song, echoing down these concrete canyons, was more than a little spooky. It'd make the hair on the back of your neck stand up and try to sneak away. I can only imagine what the locals for a few blocks around must have thought - we're more used to hearing gunfire in the night here.

edit on 2013/9/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Hey... nice pics and vid.

I'll tell you, though, what's echoing around the canyons of the major world cities... atribecalledred.com...

A few locals making a splash
edit on 30/9/13 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just in case anyone 'down there' wants to shoot? The Yydryl is without security at the moment.
Any Ophi out there? That would apply to you too.
*Crosses fingers for the Yydryl*

peace

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

EDIT:
Just an updated image for a friend.
Thinking of you, Sir.

edit on pm b201313 1510 pm by A boy in a dress because: Wildtimes Assistance!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hiya BIAD, Hi nenothtu, hi Silo13;

neno, I just wanted to extend my thoughts in our small corner of cyberspace here (although I've been MIA myself for some time)...

Prayers that you find moments of strength and calm as you forge onward. All will be well in the end.

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

It's nice to hear from you, I hope yer' well and I also hope that
the Space Opera can get going again.

I keep knocking on BIAD's shed door and asking for more updates
on his yarns. He merely peeks through the window and rasps his
tongue at me.

I wished he'd google the word 'Maturity'

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well, I've been batting an idea around for some time now that might get the Opera off the ground again... well, the ground of Khalamzadar, anyhow... and move it forward somewhat. I'll boot it in the butt before long, just as soon as I can get myself booted in the butt.

As a teaser, it involves an Avalon. Not Frankie, but the other one.

I think we may have wrung Khalamzadar dry, and mined all of it's resources!

ETA: Tried to set that avatar as my background image, and got nothing here. Dunno where I went wrong. Maybe figure it out in the morning.

edit on 2013/10/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

...As a teaser, it involves an Avalon. Not Frankie, but the other one.

BIAD here, the other guy is fixing the roof of my shed (bad weather!)
When you say 'other one' are you referring to Roxy Music's album?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The rescue ship has arrived for the little band of shipwrecks - Silo (Lily) and Newman.
I’ve yet to say in the story or out where they came from - Mag, Quiet, Argus, etc.
Are they from Avalon? I don’t know - but please don’t any of you hesitate to make it so if you’d like.
Or let me know and I will.

peace

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Very cool GIF's - interesting to see Ship's 'innards' moving and lit.

Looking forward to 'seeing' more.

By the way. The rescue rig has arrived for Mag and her bunch. I take it since Ship is doing what she's doing she might not have seen the rig - or - I suppose it could have arrived on the other side of the planet?

Pax brought a unmanned cargo ship to get Mag (has not been mentioned in the story yet).

Here it is.

Like it says - used by permission - Warren Zoell

peace

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you, I was just marking-time and wondering what may
come next.
I tend to see the functions of Ship as something equivalent to
one of us eating, shaving, etc and thinking about what the day
may bring... sort of 'side issues'

Anyway, Onwards!!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Welllllll - if you're writing about Ship and her innards and all - (I repeat I love the gifs) - you might want to stick in there's a unmanned cargo vessel in the vicinity. If not? I'll try to cover it in the next post but I don't see that happening for a few days as Etna is rocking my world and I'm pretty focused on her. Then again - not that I've said that I'm all powered up to write.

Have a good weekend.

peace

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Holy moly! I been MIA, and the wheels have been churning! This "Freenet" isn't all it's cracked up to be, I think. It goes wonky every couple of months. Says I'm on the network, but no internet connection, so I'm guessing the pipe out from the network to the big wide world gets crimped or something. Right now I'm scooting along slow but sure on a hospital's network, in hopes that the freenet in this village will sort itself out soon.

Looks like I've got some catching up to do!

In the meantime, this is neno trekking across the frozen wastelands of Khalamzadar 5 :

It reminds me of my walk to work every morning, trekking across the frozen wastelands of a used-to-be-shopping-mall, but which is now a vast ruined parking lot being reclaimed by the wild. Acres of parking lot. Acres of broken parking lot with acres of pampas grass growing out of the acres of cracked asphalt and concrete, framed by skeletons of ruined buildings in various stages of disassembly.

A wasteland, all the same.

Sad to say, that is the ONLY CGI model of neno I was able to salvage in the aftermath of the massive theft (yes, I said THEFT, Mr. DA!) of my intellectual property...

edit on 2013/11/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Aiight. been a grueling couple of weeks, but I seem to be caught up on the Opera. Just spent a week, an entire week, installing data for Daz - 29 gigabytes of data for it, pruned down to about 14.5 gigabytes, and most of it of the "put this file in that folder" manual variety of installation. In all of that, no data to re-create the neno character, so he'll have to be redone from scratch. No matter, I suppose, since I'll be using a different base model to work him out, and the old sculpts likely wouldn't have worked anyhow.

Started a new job yesterday to add to my "other" job, this one a lot closer with no trips across the Frozen Wasteland to get to it.

NOW - I need to see if I've got the character placements in the story right. Silo is on K4, in a shipwreck camp set up by Mag and Co., BIAD is in the ruins of Rebo's Tower after it crashed into Bisley Deeps, reading and soaking up the history of K4,, neno is roaming the jungles searching for Silo, Sslar is still out in the green somewhere (no mention of her ever returning to camp with Argus), Newman is (prisoner?) in the shipwreck camp where Silo is, Margot is flying StarWolf in overwatch mode as neno roams the jungles beneath... but I've lost the whereabouts of Muckles, Tibbs, and Wild.

Where are they?

edit on 2013/11/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 387  388  389    391  392 >>

join