It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 385
<< 382  383  384    386  387  388 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah, James Craddock represents all that was wrong with business in the 80's
in the UK. Young, arrogant and from a well-to-do background, he sees people
as pawns to played with for his own ends.

I know things haven't changed that much, but these 'Yuppies' used to set my
teeth on edge and I watched many a company go-to-the-wall because of their
'well, it won't effect me' attitude when employing folk and then running the
business into the ground.

He now realises he has the opportunity to take-out the Big Guy on campus...
Death. AND pick-up a tasty-piece to keep his feet warm at night!

That poor-gaunt figure with the sickle... if he only knew.

edit on 7-1-2013 by A boy in a dress because: Left reason in Edit Room.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Can you clarify something for me?

Before you were using Silo in dream scenes and I had no problem with it - no reason to - love the dream scenes they're great - but now it seems Silo has been moved out of dream scenes and into reality scenes? How's that?

My character who’s active in my storyline and now moved out of dream scenes. That’s just not going to work for Silo or for me. Or is Tibbs and the rest still in a dream and I'm confused?

Seriously though, If they’re not in a dream - Please kill off the imposter Silo or somehow clarify she's not the Silo - Only an imposter or a shifter or a whatever you need to do - but write her out of your storyline if it's stepped beyond dreams.

Silo doin' the dimensional? Nope. Don’t want her going there. Though it does explain why she’s not talking to me lately!

Thankers!

peace

edit on 10-1-2013 by silo13 because: too early in the morning

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As nearly as I can tell, the last time Silo was mentioned it was in a dream sequence that Tibbs was having, concerning the future of Khalamzadar.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As Nenothtu says,the Silo character remains firmly in the dream sequence,

...The Vithian creaked out of the small bed and rubbed his forehead, the images
from the dreams had been vivid... too vivid -he thought as he staggered over to the
off-white bowl of hot water on the nearby cabinet.

"We have to get ready to leave..." he mumbled as he splashed his face clear of last night's
antics, the sight of Silo chained and insane made the old man shake his head in sadness.
"...We have to get to Ship's centre, if that's still possible" he whispered to the ripples...

Tibbs was mulling over the dream and the images of a 'Future-Silo' being shackled.
Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Yeah - I'm the first one to admit I have a huge paranoia streak going on with the dimensions - only because I don't 'get' them - but as I said before - the dream scenes are smashing so I'm all set!

YAY!

Thanks you two!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Dear heavens all the hubbub above could have been avoided if I'd only read the new post on pg 83 - where I most decidedly had not gone! Dang those bookmarks!

Anyway - I'm still looking for 'where' the little group under my pen is - and how to get back to the Yydryl if anyone has any ideas. Either that or I'll keep heading for Roma. Wherever the hell that is.

Have a great Weekend All!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I sent out some U2U's to you all - but just in case they were missed:

Can you all take a minute and tell me where your characters are physically at the moment?

I've a way to get my group back to Ship and everything pretty much back to normal so we can get one to some group questing.

peace

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

My troupe were last at Neno's inauguration and the "Caliburn" and flame-show that Tibbs produced. Gert had transformed back into the beautiful Lady of the Lake, hoping to seduce Alaag (and she was NOT supposed to be using those powers)...Wild had become mesmerized with Brittle, who was watching the ceremony with her from the back of the crowd; Dag had first "reappeared" in wraith form and was unhappy with Gert's behavior..

(Gert had been assigned by the Sisterhood to be Dag's servant at the hazing. After Dag died, she was on "probation" with them, and her shape-shifting had been "cheating").

Wild had seen the image - the green silhouette holding the scimitar - above and behind Neno and Tibbs.

Ben was with Neno... I presume he was watching the ceremony as well, from backstage....
the Giant had "dematerialized" right before Margo shot down the Uktena that was threatening Cecilia.

So, the Giant is now at large - whereabouts could be anywhere -- I had considered plunking him down in the Center, maybe to deal with Pip or something? But, he could be anywhere now.

Pandora was very angry with Gert's exposing her when she was "possessing" Dorothy's corpse.

So, there they are.
Ben with Neno.
Muckles also back with Neno and Tibbs.

Gert is trying to seduce Alaag,
Brittle is trying to seduce Wild, and has just been "made whole" from his eunuch state (another thing Gert was not supposed to have done without clearance, but she - Gert - did it anyway),

So, no matter where they end up, that's what I've got:
Could well be the 4 of them got to Cecilia (empty now) and are all aboard. Or not - so, whatever works.

The green silhouette? Was leading to some sort of Avalon link, but that can be tweaked to be anything at all.
It did upset Wild to see it, though, and revived some latent memories of hers - which we are as yet unaware of in detail.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Thanks for the 'in-depth! I'd gotten most of that - the story lines - but I still get hung up on where everyone is physically. I don't know why - a brain cramp - I guess it was my confusion between above the planet and below - even though you all spelled it out fine - don't get me wrong I'm not complaining at all!

So, I hope to get the post up today. I hope it's not perceive as a 'cop out' post. I really want to go to this Roma and see Venus and do the Lady and the Tiger thing - sure I do and this would be the great set up to do it - BUT - at the same time to comply with wishes from everyone to get together for some questing? One, my story line would take too long and two - I'll bend, I can do the L&TT thing later. I hope. Someday. Maybe?.

So, I'll get that post up and we'll go from there because once it's up? There's a crew headed for the planet surface.

peace

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What do you think about - in this next sequence of events we see what we can do using only our major characters? No handful of characters and then making up more as we go. Just ‘us’?

I'd really like to see what we can do with some boundaries - everyone staying 'on storyline topic' so to speak (accept for wonderful dream scenes) and again - just the ‘mains’.

I think I’ll try it. Then again - I can hear Newman howling already. And Chumley who’s sick of being stuck with Ship. Don’t tell.

Hmm, maybe I'll shelf that idea - I don't think it's going to work - Now Pip's banging on the door too...

Just thoughts and wishes from my desk to yours...

peace and have a great Sunday!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ok there you go... My bunch is about to drop right on top of you 'down there' on the planet.

In a nut shell? I took everyone back to when Adam was first sick after losing Dag when he was starting to go nuts and wanted to go to New Scotland.

(NOW I KNOW why my characters would never commit to where they were in time or space)!

Anyway - I did a roll back to that point and added a twist.

All that's happened between then and now? It's all just been Adam passing the time telling stories and waiting to die.

All of it. Argus, the Giant, Quiet, Flint? Just a bunch of wild stories Adam used to keep madness at bay and finally failing he died. In his story by the Giant and in BIAD'S dream at the hands of the Giant - but in reality it was madness that claimed him. Something that should come as no surprise and it shouldn’t matter to BIAD‘S dream scenes as with dreams or stories it was all in Adam's head.

If there is a conflict anywhere please let me know and I’l fix it!

I hope you all enjoyed the surprise and how it worked out to get us all at the same place in time.

peace

edit on 20-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Okay, so.....

where does the "dream explanation" take us now?
What parts of the story-line that was unfolding on the planet are we going to keep up with, or discard?

Is there any possibility that we could also drop the CyndyMars bit? Honestly, I'll never feel comfortable participating in a revival of that.
At this point, I don't think I handled Dag and Adam in an acceptable way at all after being invited.....
I was asked to kill her off, and did. I have a nagging feeling that I "botched" it - but, oh well, I gave it my best as a late-comer!!

So... do we carry on with the Neno master of the planet thing? The Avalon aspect? The Tree of Life thing?

Peeps, I'm really just watching to see what happens. Whatever direction we decide to take it.....is fine. But, how much of what happened "before" Adam's psychotic break are we hanging onto, and what are we discarding?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I'm fine with any direction it goes. Being Master of Planet is great and all, but sometimes you just want to give up the responsibility and run off to be just another gunslinger in the mud!

Right now I think Tibbs is giving neno a talking-to, BIAD and Margo have run off to gawdonlyknowswhere in pursuit of a "sign", and somehow, I feel those two events are going to gel into a single quest. I just have that feeling.

Sometimes, when you're master of the Universe, you long for the simplicity (and fewer headaches) of just running a single planet. Then, when you get that, you realize that it was a lot simpler still to just be amongst a ragtag band of merry folk whose only chore was to save the universe...

Then some Bad Guy (tm) comes along and throws that universe back into jeopardy again!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Then some Bad Guy (tm)

You are TOO FUNNY, man!!! Glad to hear from ya.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu, BIAD, Wildtimes

Right now I think Tibbs is giving neno a talking-to, BIAD and Margo have run off to gawdonlyknowswhere in pursuit of a "sign", and somehow, I feel those two events are going to gel into a single quest. I just have that feeling.

Precicely the reason I put the twist in my story line. That my storyline ends up being just that - stories - not dreams but stories Adam told to his friends while he was dying - it changes nothing other than to get my bunch back on the Yydryl quickly.

My point - yeah - I feel the events are going to collide in a good way. I invision my group breaking through the atmosphere enabling them to get in contact with one of the 'bunches' on planet - I would guess those nearest the StarWolf. From there? Who knows. We'll bury Adam and we'll see. But at least we're in the same place and at the same time.

Have a good week all

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Is there any possibility that we could also drop the CyndyMars bit? Honestly, I'll never feel comfortable participating in a revival of that.

That's just the thing - it's not a revival. CindyMars - she's contributed more 'in name only' so to speak.

Her storylines were great, don't get me wrong and I was sorry to see her go. She and Silo went to earth to get specimens for the Center. She as an intergalactic being that's kind of like the female part of Neno. She can cross time, dimensions and has both her bad and good sides. So far she can’t die. She’s had her fingers in lots a pies.

But from there? Everything else the writers wrote about her - not CindyMars.

The chocolate cake, the continuation of the teletabs, the Tree of Life (her idea but I hope we carry it on at some point because it will lead us right back to the Yydryl). Serendipity - the science fiction book she wrote that is somehow magical and more.

That's become a 'theme' that's been running through the Opera and I don't see it dying out or getting left by the wayside - it's been the one and only theme that's remained constant in the Opera. And no, that isn't leaving you out I’m just trying to let you feel more comfortable with the CindyMars thing. I wish it didn’t bother you.
Don't worry about it, really.

At this point, I don't think I handled Dag and Adam in an acceptable way at all after being invited.....
I was asked to kill her off, and did. I have a nagging feeling that I "botched" it - but, oh well, I gave it my best as a late-comer!!

I don't see any problem at all with those characters dying - though Adam's been resurrected (again) hasn't he?

A lot of characters have died in the Opera and all for the good in my opinion. The Opera is supposed to be - at least in part - a drama. What's a drama without people dying off - and it doesn't mater if it's a space drama, western drama, etc.

I think you did a great job with their conclusion - really. And now I'm looking forward to getting to know Wild better!

peace
edit on 21-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Do any of you have any ideas concerning the regrouping? Meeting up on the planet?

If not? Let me know and I'll ask Masqua to delete my last three posts replacing them with photos and I'll go back to the story line I was developing.

peace

edit on 23-1-2013 by silo13 because: punct

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well, as far as I can tell, all of us on the planet are in the same place. Dream sequences aside, Neno has just been introduced to the crowd....or it's shortly afterward.

So, once your crew arrives, we will be "regrouped".. and then perhaps some Musing will alight upon us, and we can develop a common goal -- ??

edit on 23-1-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Nice Avatar!

new topics

top topics

<< 382  383  384    386  387  388 >>

join