It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 384
<< 381  382  383    385  386  387 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Seems like the 'giant' has absconded with everyone.
Hmmmm...
Makes it tough to post when not a one of them is even talking to me for putting them in that position.
Of course I'd tell them they did the writing, but...
So anyway - hope to have something soon.
Once they get back to me!
I hope that's SOON!

Happy New Year Everyone!

huggers

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Happy new year back to you, silo!!

It's snowing here....we even had some "icy snow crust leftovers" on Christmas!
Hope your season is going well.
hug back.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I heard this morning that the only thing keeping you all from getting a foot accumulation of snow was that the ground is still too warm for it to stick well, and that it's likely to get exciting this evening when it cools down... just in time for the New Year's Eve drinkin' and drivin' celebratory crowd!

What snow I got here yesterday is gone now, since the temps climbed up to around 36 currently. I get to go out onto my lookout tower now and brood moodily whilst looking out upon a bleak and wind-swept landscape of trees that appear for all the world to be entirely dead in the depths of winter (such that it is these days) and sprouting from the craggy rocks and cliffs. Luckily, I can brood with the best of them, with or without snow.

Neno was going to post a picture of himself with the Caliburn, but in an unfortunate occurrence he was out on the observation tower with me last night and the wind blew his hat off. He made a mad dash to retrieve it - in typical neno style - by the expedient measure of simply diving over the edge of the tower in pursuit. Thank Jenovah for that long-tailed frock coat or trench coat or whatever that thing is that he seems to be inseparably mated to. I managed to grab the tails of it as he dove, keeping him from splattering on the rocks below and testing out that "immortal" thing he's supposed to have going on.

The hat, however, got away. He's still mightily put out with me for interfering in that rescue attempt, and currently isn't speaking to me. He's sulking by the fireplace, pausing every now and again to throw a black piercing stare in my direction. Last thing he said was "How'n'ahell am I s'posed to get a picher when muh gorram hat ain't no more? It's just undignified, I tell yer! Not dignified a-tall!"

So - no illustrations of the neno and the Caliburn until such time as I can get him properly chapeaued.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank Jenovah for that long-tailed frock coat or trench coat or whatever that thing is that he seems to be inseparably mated to.

It's a "duster". I have one, oilskinned and everything!!!

Hey, neno.......
thinking of you often!!

It has stopped snowing now - we got barely an inch. Last year, we had NOTHING. Zip. Nada. The year before, when my husband was weak and recuperating from his collapsed lung and near death.....I had to shovel the damned driveway myself (and it's a good fifty feet long!) .....

Lord knows we need the moisture, though.
Happily, I can avoid "venturing out" into the weather most of the time.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

There's this pic of you nursing your New Year hangover!

All the best to you and BIAD's women for 2013!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

FAB pic! Yeah, that does hin justice for sure...
And 'Cal' is lookin' spiffy too!

QUESTION FOR ALL

- What do you want to see 'happen' in the Space Opera this year? I'm curious.

peace

edit on 1-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Thank goodness it didn't snow over here in the UK.
On New Year's Eve -and if it's snowing, my neighbours
like to come out and watch BIAD making 'snow angels'

When he spreads... well, I guess you get the idea, they
all cheer!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

We need a quest... something that needs us ALL to focus on.
What that may be -BIAD is not saying at the moment!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

When he spreads... well, I guess you get the idea, they
all cheer!

My eyes!!! My eyes!!
Is that what they "cheer"?

LOL

Yes, a quest for us all. Good start.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

My eyes!!! My eyes!!
Is that what they "cheer"?

The elderly-ones who come to see the horrendous scene
are usually let out of hospital around late-January.
"Eyes... thighs...?" I really can't tell.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

There's this pic of you nursing your New Year hangover!

All the best to you and BIAD's women for 2013!!

How odd.

The coat he's wearing in that picture is the EXACT same one he's taken to wearing of late - the one whose tails saved him from an ignominious landing when the wind took his hat!

On a side note, the cross-guard on the Caliburn has a nasty habit of getting tangled in the sleeves of it when he slings the sword about...

ETA: I had considered using this picture as an illustration at the end of my latest post - neno sitting and clutching that sword as he tried to catch his breath does seem pretty fitting!

ETA some more: I couldn't resist it. It was just too well fitted to the post, so I included the picture anyhow. If you object, lemme know and we'll have it zapped right out of there.

edit on 2013/1/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
To get a little closer to the goal? I'm going to twist things up a bit on my end.
I hope it works out for the rest of you...
Watch out Neno - here we come - and we're packing a Giant.

Should have a post up today - tomorrow morning at the latest.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So the girls aboard Ship are going to try to help Newman.

Pip is out of control - and having nightmares. I wanted to spend more on that post but I couldn’t.

Serendipity - that mysterious book by CindyMars that's been weaving it's way throughout the Opera - it's use is finally coming to light! Wherever those who use the teletabs ‘go‘? Serendipity can at least 'see' them. I don't know if Serendipity has the power to tell where the teleportees are exactly - or help anyone else get to them or find them - but it‘s a start.

Also explains why that book has been sought for so long. Ultimately if you read back far enough you'll find where CindyMars is - the beginning of the teletabs, all the info in the galaxy. Your hearts desire even?

Between those teletabs, the strange portal in Ship Center and Serendipity? Who knows - maybe it wont be so hard for Newman and the girls to find the others after all?

So - next thing?

The characters want it understood they're not on earth but on Neno's planet. How in the hell are they going to do that?

Any ideas?

peace

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

...If you object, lemme know and we'll have it zapped right out of there.

There's no problem Sir, I was tempted to have cigar smoke wafting from
his shadowed-face but decided it held enough mood displayed!

Onwards!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I'm reliably informed that there is a real place in Missouri named "Vandalia", and it's the location of a women's prison. Just like a Vandal - originating from a place containing captive wimmen-folk!

Vandalia Missouri

I've also got in my possession a brochure for a place in Illinois named "Vandalia", apparently an early seat of government in that state.

Vandalia Illinois

Neither of these "Vandalias" was in my mind when I came up with nenothtu's origins. Honest! I didn't even know they existed. It was actually named after the State of Vandalia, and early (and failed) experiment in a separatist state comprising parts of Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee - basically along the Ohio Valley. It seems that some rich ne'er do wells wanted to preside over their OWN state way back when, but it didn't work out well for them.

Colony of Vandalia

And now, for grins n giggles, a short cartoon in photo format:

BUT - behind the lion is:

Moral of the story: you just never know what's sneaking up on you. Don't fear the lions you can see!

edit on 2013/1/3 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It's come to ‘explanation’ time in my story line - but - I'm stuck...

If I’m going to try to get this story line finished up so we can start a group quest I‘ll ditch Roma but if my group is on K5 - Where are they? Any ideas?

If on Vandalia that's not going to work cause everyone else is on K5 isn’t it?

Or is Neno on Vandalia.

As you can see I've gotten confused.

thanks

edit on 5-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Everyone is on K-4, not K-5. K-5 is an ice planet, completely covered in ice. Think of it as a planet in a permanent, global, ice age. I posted all of the particulars of K-4 HERE, but neglected to post the particulars on the entire system. I'm not sure if I even have all those particulars any more. They were, umm, "confiscated" along with all of my identity papers and such a month or two ago. What those people want with my identity and a lifetime's accumulated work I have no idea. As near as I can tell it was just the theft of a life for purposes of retribution, something akin to a murder. That's what they call it when you destroy a life without cause, so that's what I'm calling it.

I was murdered, making those who did it murderers. One of these days, God'll get 'em for that. Hell of a thing when someone sets out to erase you, and make you a non-person, erase a lifetime of work and all your identity papers, too. I'm "undocumented" these days, since they took all the papers that make me me. No one can prove I even exist any more. S'ok, though. The pits we dig to trap other people are generally the ones we fall into ourselves. Karma is a bitch like that, and I'm confident that God'll git 'em for it.

Anyhow, I'll see if I had a backup of the data stashed anywhere, and if I can find one, I'll make a post on the entire Khalamzadar planetary system.

Neno and company are on K-4. Tibbs, through a variety of "dream sequences" has been traveling the known universe and Time-lines, seeking clues to a puzzle, looking to find where the crew has to go to next to fulfill "destiny". The last post concerning Tibbs was not Vandalia, it was a future on K-4... a future where the jungles had been cleared from some areas and the swamps drained for agricultural purposes. It was, apparently, several generations in the future, and neno was no longer there except as a statue. The "old crone" was, in fact, the great-great-so many greats in the future grand daughter of Tibbs and Muckles, still living on K-4 in the wastelands created by the swamp clearing.

Where the Yydryl crew is, I have no idea. "New Scotland" can be practically anywhere, anywhen. That is for you to determine. If it is on K-4, then obviously it cannot be in the "present", since K-4 is destitute of sentient denizens other than the troglodytes of Bisley Deeps, driven underground apparently by the Zombie Apocalypse which destroyed the inhabitants of the surface. It would either have to be in the "past", or, more likely, the "future". Whether it's the same future as Tibbs' great grand daughter occupies is anyone's guess, but some of the landscapes I see in my mind from both episodes ARE eerily similar.

Prairie and moor - seems to be not all that different from one another beyond the language spoken by the beholders.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Okay.

I made a post here in the UEF Background Canon thread about the Khalamzadar planetary system. There is a comparison chart of the sizes of the planets in that system, photos of each planet taken by the survey ship that rescued nenothtu from Khalamzadar-04, and very basic data on each one.

I could not find a taxi at this hour of the night to take me to the L5 Administrative Station to get the documents, but luckily they (some of them) were archived on the internet. There is, apparently, a server farm underneath a pyramid-shaped mountain in the Balkans where the Russians were fond of archiving things, evidently some small amount of my work among those things.

It's a damned shame they didn't archive my identity papers there, too.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Ok, K5 was a type error - along with confusion about a dream scene where I thought BIAD said K4 - no problem! Thanks for straightening that out. As you know this whole past present where-ever-da-fugly everyone is gets me in a twist.

My point... I'm trying to get my gang back to the Yydryl at last so we can sew this up and get into a 'whole quest' between us all.

Maybe this isn’t possible at the moment. Maybe I’ll have to ‘play out’ the whole earth thing. Maybe that’s why I’m finding it so difficult to piece this together.

That being said - The Yydryl and the girls with Newman and Pip left aboard? I have no idea what time but it was understood the space they are in is above where you all are on K4. (That beam of energy that rocked the Ship and caused Ship and Chumley to go weirdy freaky). The WHEN is the problem. It's always the when.

Adam wanted to go to ‘New Scotland’. Jeni, Adam, Silo, Moriah, the new NPC’s Flint and Argus are together - with a Giant - in 'New Scotland'. Hmmm, throw a dart at your map??? Ugh.

So - I’ll just sit on it for a few days and see what happens.

From there - if I can’t figure out how to get to K4 - (because I’m only going to screw it up if I try to do the past/present thing) then I'll just carry on... I guess from there the best thing - unless I hear some ideas here on the working thread - will be to stick with the ‘Roma’ theme and hope it will all thread up together in the end.

At least right now in favor of those who hope to regroup? At least on the Yydryl there’s a bunch a girls wanting to help, Newman, Shi and Chumley who’ll get out of their ‘funk’ somehow and Pip - scared as he is - that has the KEY to finding the OTHERS. Serendipity.

And let’s not forget that portal in Ship’s Center.

So between those two thing? Even if I can’t my group back to where you all are? Maybe some of you can come to us so we can wrap this up.

At the moment? I’m hands cupped up and shoulders shrugging.

THANK YOU NENO - for your time.

peace
edit on 6-1-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Perusing the story thread again, it suddenly dawned on me that James is apparently cuckolding Death, as payback for Death helping James cheat neno of a certain sort of victory. Gratitude is a funny thing, you know? You just can't do good to some folks and have it turn out well.

Anyhow, now I have to decide whether neno is going to hunt Craddock down and "end" him - again - thereby doing Mr. Death a favor, which would rankle neno no end - or just having him sit back and watch Karma mess the big bad boy up.

Decisions, decisions...

I'm leaning towards letting Karma do the job, though, since I've gotten fat and lazy in my old age. NO ONE can mess up miscreants like Karma can, and neno doesn't have to exert himself in the matter at all! Someone once told me that there was no better revenge than watching someone get everything they THOUGHT they wanted, and the older I get, the more inclined I am to agree with that.

I think I'll just pop some popcorn and watch the show...

edit on 2013/1/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 381  382  383    385  386  387 >>

join