It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 379
<< 376  377  378    380  381  382 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

*Shudders* - He's horrible isn't he. And sorry I just couldnt do the goopy ear stuff - maybe later!

Ok, so, I'll refine it up a bit and post it. I should probably put something in about his beard color. Let's see what happens.

Question though. Is it correct he's looking for Neno? Cause I don't want to get into a tangent with him I can't follow up - or YOU don't want to.

Meaning - I could leave it as Your Giant is looking for 'someone' and Rose thinks it's the lad - but I don’t have to name names?

Or is your Giant looking for Neno correct?

*HUGS*

edit on 30-11-2012 by silo13 because: funble fingers

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well, he was an ally of Kershner (the BULLY!), and Alaag is an enemy of Kershner -- as (it just so happens) are Neno & Co..
So, yes, since Kershner is now dead (thanks, BIAD!), and the Shadow Diamond was once more "gone", there are LOTS of folks who are gonna be, erm....non-plussed.

Neno is effectively the one (with the help of his posse) who disrupted Kershner's plan and killed Dorothy, etc.......

so perhaps Redbeard (ear-goop and all), is the "second-in-command" of the Diamond thing/issue.

It's great!!!
If you have any ideas for how Wild, Alaag, Britlle, (Ben, Gert, and Muckles) can move next, cool!!!
I'm rather stuck, really.

edit on 30-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I thought I'd throw my pennys-worth into the pot regarding the idea that all-time
is around us. I agree!

Many years ago, and when my head held black locks that would rival Boy In A
Dress' I used to fortell the future with Tarot and playing cards.
I know... I know, wearing large-round earings, a headscarf and looking flinty wasn't
really necessary, but I did draw the line at creating a small wooden booth with gaudy
writing proclaiming that I was 'Psychic To The Stars'

My Mother used to do it and being a young cynic with the standard hefty-amount of
wisdom that any 20 year-old deems as life-long knowledge of how the world works,
I asked her what she saw.

"It's like litter in the wind..." she told me "It flies over your head and all you can do is
try to snatch some of it as it passes!" My Ma wasn't the best when it came to explaining
the strange world that she occasionally dipped her head in, she believed that those who
had 'passed over' shouted through the curtain that separated those from the living and if
a person listens carefully, the voices can be heard.

So, being pressured by some, I began to pragmatically dabble with those damned cards...
and I can honestly say -as others who live in my region say:
There's a Rabbit Off!

The saying means there's something going on, a plan that one is barely privvy to.
But I truly believe everything is connected... everything!

During the 'readings' (Aw heck, I can't believe I typed that!)... I used to talk of events or
such that had already happened. Many of the folk that I begrudgingly entertained used to
stop me and say "er, I've already done that!"
For me at the time, it actually did feel like my late-Mother had described... bits passing
by. Sometimes, it would go off in a direction that didn't make any sense to myself and yet,
to the listener, they saw the connection.
Then something would come along, I would relate it and they would shake their head in
confusion. It held no meaning -if one attempted to connect it with what I'd said previously.

But, let a month go by and 'Kappow!' the event occurs and it made sense to he or she that
asked me to sit infront of those pesky pieces of waxed cards!

Children born after certain operations made it doubtful or impossible. Ailments 'seen' and
advice to see a Doctor. Legal problems solved by seeking a described person that the listener
knew nothing of.
In a practical world, one would see it as nothing more than sensible advice about clues given
by the person searching for that advice.

Whether I have a gift to perceive the wishes of those who look for some-sort of 'spiritual
nod' and then feeling that it is condone by some greater power, act on it or whether I can
(cue eerie-music now!)... I can 'see' time-passing' I don't know.
I really don't want to know.

But all I can say as a stranger on the internet is this. Time doesn't give a damn about what
you're searching for, your past is just as important as your future.
In fact, your past points towards, gives advice and could even be -your future!!

For me, if it's the future, present or past, I enjoyed the swimming in it and it was only when
I came to try and make sense of it, that I stopped card-reading.
It hurts the head and it can also hurt the heart.

Those cards, the ones with the Ace of Hearts and The Queen of Spades... and the ones
with The Tower, The Fool and the guy with the scythe, they sit in my attic and hopefully
they'll never be called on again.
They know too much.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Ok, you're hitting on something I want to agree with. I don't believe in 'dimensions'. I believe it's all the same thing - we just don't tend to 'get it'.

Exactly. The concept has been referred to as "dimensions". "phase", "frequency" etc, but none of those concepts really adequately describe it. they all imply a degree of separation that just isn't there. Everything that ever was IS, right now, and occupies the same space that we do - we just can't "tune in" to it usually. Most of everything is made up of "empty space" between subatomic particles, according to science, no matter how solid it may appear to us. BUT - is that space really "empty", or is it that we just can't perceive what is there? I think that occasionally people get "tuned in" to some of these other wheres, and that would explain the phenomena of "time slips". It's not really time slipping at all, it's their perception slipping to experience the other time, which actually coexists in the same space.

"Dimension" is actually something entirely different from that, and involves a measurable quantity (height, width, length, etc.). We cannot measure what we cannot perceive. "Time", in this concept, would actually be a description of two very different things. "Time" as a dimension is a measurable quantity, but to be measurable, it must be a linear construct. Slipping into a different phase shift and experiencing a different segment of "time", which actually coexists with the now (in the space between the subatomic particles) is not a linear construct, nor is it measurable. So then I'm trying to use an inadequate vocabulary to describe what I'm talking about.

Why? Because we couldn't handle the 'truth'. I don't think our brains - as we know them and use them at the moment could 'handle' it if we could 'see' everything. I mean think of it. We only (now) see 1% of the spectrum out there and only hear 1% (so says the scientists or at least the people on Facebook). Point is? It’s ‘all’ going on at the same time - here there everywhere. It just happens to be pertinent that this is where we are at the moment so really it’s all that matters. Right?

I'm reminded of a biblical passage by that statement:

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:8-12 (American King James Version)

Or, as The Bard said:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio

Anyway - I do think my little group is in the PAST but it is Post Apocalyptic. The problem I've been having? There was a GIANT of a post that needed to get posted before I could move onto what my little group are doing. Will be it Post-Apocalyptic? Yep. I just have to wait on 'them' for the details. Though any hints you (or anyone else) might have to throw forward would be appreciated!

Thank you!

There are those who believe that ANY point in our past or our future is "post apocalyptic" - one just need determine the particular apocalypse being spoken of, from the sinking of Atlantis on forward! It seems that 20th or 21st century man may not be the first to have ever had an apocalyptic instant!

edit on 2012/11/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by silo13

YIKES!!
The brute.
Yeah, that's him. Evil incarnate.

Nice job!!

My thoughts went like this: HOLY MOLY! And this cat is looking for the Neno? Careful, neno, don't lose yer.... erm... head!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Oops - double post. Blasted keyboard! One day soon I'll get my own computer set back up - the desktop, high security gizmo I built! It rarely double-posted!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

... Legal problems solved by seeking a described person that the listener
knew nothing of.

I might just have ye sit in front of them cards for me...

For me, if it's the future, present or past, I enjoyed the swimming in it and it was only when
I came to try and make sense of it, that I stopped card-reading.
It hurts the head and it can also hurt the heart.

Those cards, the ones with the Ace of Hearts and The Queen of Spades... and the ones
with The Tower, The Fool and the guy with the scythe, they sit in my attic and hopefully
they'll never be called on again.
They know too much.

Uh, well, maybe not...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Maybe I was being a little melodramatic
! (A tall Gin & Tonic does that to me!)
But it's something my better-half asks about sometimes and I have read the cards
for long, long time. Maybe it's an 'age' thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Hold the reindeers Santa... Could all this mean little Flint could be ------> Little Neno?

Nawwwww...

Right?

Right?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

It's up.

I hope I did your guy justice!

About your other characters? I'd think they'd head back to the Yydry as well all seem to gravitate back to our 'source' so to speak. That - or they'd figure out a way to hunt down your Giant knowind he's out there doing nothing but creating hell and mahem.

And just in case you all make it back to the Yydryl? Beware! 'Shi' and Chumley are pretty out of hand - freaky and evil and all that.

That beins said though? Those Sisiters are still there and could be trusted.

Oh, and there's a cocoa tin in CindyMars quarters that just might have another teletab hidden inside. 'Serendipty' would have it that way...

On, and any and all the above are just suggestions - in hopes something will spark you!

*huggers*

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This RedBeard character passed my house last night...
let's assume he was enjoying a take-away!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Wow - he's scary beans huh?

I can't wait to see how he and Neno get along.
If we can ever figure out how to get them together on one planet, or errrr, dimension, or well - whatever it is we have to do to get them into a stand off. And no guns Neno! No guns!

Oh, by the way - thank BIAD for the Christmas Card!

peace

edit on 1-12-2012 by silo13 because: cramps

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow - that Giant of yours Dag, errr I mean Wild - is on a rampage. He pushed his way through my afternoon and onto the page without any warning. Dang but he's a mean one.

That is if he's the one who Argus 'smells'...

As for me I have NO idea. I just write what I'm told.

peace
edit on 1-12-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Question for all -

CindyMars book Serendipity has been a theme running through all my given posts. You know, the magic of her teleport tabs and her book bringing people together where they shouldn’t ‘normally’ be - meeting up in places unexplainable yet everything meshing into that stringy thingy theory that has us all connected - like it or not Werner Heisenberg.

I mean - remember when Silo was dead on the Yydryl (kind of) but on Carbiox working as the bar maid (alewife) too? Add to that Neno who may or may not be hers and may or not be here or there or anywhere but he’s always where he should or should not be respectively?

In all this we’ve got BIAD(s) dreams ‘stringing’ it together?

*Deep Breath* Ok that being said?

What if... What if ‘Flint’ (who had no name before meeting up with Quiet and Argus like Silo had no name before on Carbiox) - What if little Flint is Neno?

ALSO - this would support Dag having a chance to come back and save Adam too (where he is in New Scotland - if we can ever figure out just where that is too)!!!

Understand I’m not looking for little Flint to be Neno - I’m just asking. But if he’s not Neno, and is this nameless boy given the moniker Flint. Who is he?

I need an answer here. I was in my Saturday night bubble bath and had to climb dripping and bubbling up here to the loft to ask these questions. And I'm not a pretty sight.

Ok, back to my ablutions.

(Aghhh I hope that made sense)...(freakin bubbles)...

edit on 1-12-2012 by silo13 because: boink

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

here you're getting back into the realm of CyndyMars that I only know peripherally. Is Flint Neno? Maybe, I don't know - you're his "ma" - Flint's, and apparently Neno's as well! -

BTW, did you see I posted a new entry? You mentioned Dag, so I thought maybe you had. I am not aware if Jeni is supposed to be tying up the loose ends that Dag flubbed up...but I've wondered about it.

How do YOU want to play it out, Bubbles?!! *sneezes*

Here's a towel.

edit on 1-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I mean - remember when Silo was dead on the Yydryl (kind of) but on Carbiox working as the bar maid (alewife) too? Add to that Neno who may or may not be hers and may or not be here or there or anywhere but he’s always where he should or should not be respectively?

In all this we’ve got BIAD(s) dreams ‘stringing’ it together?

*Deep Breath* Ok that being said?

What if... What if ‘Flint’ (who had no name before meeting up with Quiet and Argus like Silo had no name before on Carbiox) - What if little Flint is Neno?

ALSO - this would support Dag having a chance to come back and save Adam too (where he is in New Scotland - if we can ever figure out just where that is too)!!!

Understand I’m not looking for little Flint to be Neno - I’m just asking. But if he’s not Neno, and is this nameless boy given the moniker Flint. Who is he?

I believe it would be difficult - albeit by no means impossible given the ingenuity of Space Opera writers has no boundaries - to establish Flint and neno as being one and the same. I say that because we have pretty well established neno's past history from birth right through the Rootak time travel adventure to Vandalia and his subsequent upbringing in Vandalia by the Carpenters right up to the point he left there after the War with the Taggarts, by which time he was pretty well past the age established for Flint as he exists in New Scotland. There would have to be a hole in that history, a time when the Carpenters didn't know where he was during his upbringings, in which he could have lived this "second life". I'm pretty sure that as parents they would have noted his absence for that length of time, at that age.

I need an answer here. I was in my Saturday night bubble bath and had to climb dripping and bubbling up here to the loft to ask these questions. And I'm not a pretty sight.

Ok, back to my ablutions.

(Aghhh I hope that made sense)...(freakin bubbles)...

edit on 1-12-2012 by silo13 because: boink

That, my dear, is how we define TMI. You should NOT be presenting images like that! You have no idea how difficult it is for me to refrain from further comment, and I'll just leave it at saying that I'm gonna have to sit on my hands for the rest of the evening, and probably a goodly portion of tomorrow. The only alternative is to pour coffee into my keyboard, and disable it.

edit on 2012/12/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I have no idea who Flint is - just asking and trying to get ideas...

As for CindyMars she's really just a tool (forgive me Cindy if you're reading this).

CindyMars has the cabin in Oregon and houses all over the world. She's a sci-fi writer (2000 era) who's a sci-fi creature. She's human but 'more'... We really don't know what.

One of her books 'Serendipity' shows up occasionally as does the chocolate cake - but again it's just a took. (Serendipity was my idea but that she's an author was hers and I think it was BIAD who ran with the cake idea).

Anyway - the only other thing about CindyMars is she created the teletabs - something everyone in the universe and beyond WANTS BADLY. We’ve never really gotten down to how she made them or why she disappeared - it’s presumed she disappeared to keep the secret of the teletabs safe.

OH! And about Neno. There’s no 100% proof Neno is Silo’s. Silo was pregnant - something she doesn’t even understand as it happened between her and Swarg and Carpet (now Newman). CindyMars (or Ship posing as CindyMars) was after the baby Silo was carrying. Those two issues are still up in the air. As for the baby? Silo never saw her child - she only heard a cry in the night. Where that baby went and who it is? It’s all presumption it’s Neno with no real fact (that I remember) but I’m going to go back and look.

My personal feeling is the baby is not Neno. Maybe that’s something I’ll have to develop?

As for Flint - again - he’s probably not Neno or even a version of Neno - I just get a little um, ‘imaginative’ when we start talking about dimensions and I try to make sense of something that makes no sense to me.

Jeni? Jeni felt a ‘pull’ for Adam but that’s all it is. I tried to make that clear when Argus ‘found something in her eyes’ and kissed her. I still hope for Adam and Dag - even if Adam ends up being a type of see’er who’s in communication with Dag all the time? I don’t know. I mean we know she’s irretrievably dead - but that doesn’t mean her spirit can’t communicate with Adam does it? That’s all up to you - I just had to get Adam off the Yydryl.

Have a good Sunday hun!

edit on 2-12-2012 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Ok ok - I got it. Flint is Flint. But Neno still has a Giant after him. And a nasty one at that.

The confusion over Flint came from a skanky Alewife (Rose) who never bothered to find out Flint’s name - or give him a proper one. End of that.

But ya know - like I labeled in bold in the post to Wild - There's times when all this dimensional stuff gets my head a bit whirly. That and a cup a wine, a shot of baby oil in a tub full a bubbles and me? Some ideas get tweaky but it's better to talk about them here so I can just let them go.

As for Silo being Neno's mom? I'm still not so sure about that. Still not so sure.

Have a great Sunday.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

...CindyMars book Serendipity has been a theme running through all my given posts.
You know, the magic of her teleport tabs and her book bringing people together where
they shouldn’t ‘normally’ be - meeting up in places unexplainable yet everything meshing
into that stringy thingy theory that has us all connected...

I think the book needs to be perused again. I was dabbling with the idea that the cabin in
Oregon needs to be visited again, CindyMarrs knows more than she's been letting on!

What if... What if ‘Flint’ (who had no name before meeting up with Quiet and Argus like
Silo had no name before on Carbiox) - What if little Flint is Neno?

It's possible, as Neno says -the Carpenters did bring-up the kid from the woods and
he enjoyed living beside the lake at 'Big Jim's Emporium' But there maybe a way around it...
a point where 'little Neno' left the fishing tackle store and set out into the world.
With a stick and bundle over his shoulder...?!

ALSO - this would support Dag having a chance to come back and save Adam too
(where he is in New Scotland - if we can ever figure out just where that is too)!!!

I would think this was a great idea, Adam and Dag back in the saddle would be great!

I've asked BIAD about the location of New Scotland and he mumbled something about a
port-like area further in the cavern that brings supplies to Bisley Deeps. Apparently, New
Scotland can be accessed by using one of the few ships that sail an underground sea that
I had no idea about!

And finally AND the most important:

I need an answer here. I was in my Saturday night bubble bath and had to climb dripping
and bubbling up here to the loft to ask these questions.
And I'm not a pretty sight. Ok, back to my ablutions.

*Sigh*
I agree with the big Vandal here,

...You have no idea how difficult it is for me to refrain from further comment,
and I'll just leave it at saying that I'm gonna have to sit on my hands for the rest of the evening,
and probably a goodly portion of tomorrow. The only alternative is to pour coffee into my keyboard,
and disable it.

For myself, I sit with BIAD in his folly-shed and endure the early December frost. He's nudging
me to join-in with his mantra 'Must focus, must focus' and hope for 'happy thoughts'
Brrrrr!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

reply to post by A boy in a dress

Wow - he's scary beans huh?

I can't wait to see how he and Neno get along.
If we can ever figure out how to get them together on one planet, or errrr, dimension, or well - whatever it is we have to do to get them into a stand off. And no guns Neno! No guns!

Oh, by the way - thank BIAD for the Christmas Card!

peace

edit on 1-12-2012 by silo13 because: cramps

I asked BIAD about this and he smiled to himself and rasped his unshaven chin.
"I bought a nose" was all he said.

edit on 2-12-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 376  377  378    380  381  382 >>

join