The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 378
<< 375  376  377    379  380  381 >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

as a Limey who knows nought of the Thanksgiving feeling.

Well,
as an American, the "Thanksgiving" feeling is quite ambivalent. LOTS of work and stress.........
But....thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Your spooking the red giant in our direction is one of the things that got me thinking about the little gang getting exposed - something about the 'Elders' worried about 'Wherever they came from others will follow' kind of thing. I was going to ask you if you wanted to write that part? The confrontation? It's not quite time for it - maybe after my next post but if you want it I'll let you know.

Happy T-Day to you too!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You know what? I think you should go for it. Do whatever you want with him! I'm having trouble just keeping up with Wild and Brittle and Alaag........

all we know about Redbeard is he is Wild's father, he's not a nice guy, his arm got blown off by Ben, and he's a pirate.
Should be an interesting scene when he and Argus go toe to toe! Show us what he's got, eh??

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

1. Is Redbeard a one-armed bandit?
2. If so, where do you insert the coins?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Ooooohhh, yeah, about that.....
Don't try it. There's no good prizes....
and he's flatulent, too. Slobbers as well. Ears are full of goopy wax, teeth are horrid. Just, don't.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Oh that 'goopy wax' thing made me barf a little - PERFECT for him - but ohhhh so gross! LOL!

And no I'm not saying YUG just for a second line - that is truly gross, lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Run with it!!!
Goopy wax.....finally the clan had had enough....!!

Yeah, everything about him is gross....
okay, gotta go rearrange half of my house for incoming visitors....

XO!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The neno has alighted in his meager abode, the Fortress of MacElwaine. Safely ensconced behind 10 foot thick stone walls, guard towers manned and booby traps set on all approaches, he is at this very instant sitting in a large oaken chair, padding near non-existent, with his chin in hand, brooding into the embers of a dying fire and plotting his next seven moves.

Well, that and getting caught back up on the Space Opera!

ETA:

"it suddenly burst into a million bits of disconnected Uktena". That's some prime wordsmithing right there!

edit on 2012/11/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

"it suddenly burst into a million bits of disconnected Uktena". That's some prime wordsmithing right there!

Thanks! We haven't seen much of those monstrosities since we landed; thought it could add to the melodrama!!

So, McElwaine? What's that?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

A fortress. A mountain stronghold. So secure that it even radio signals and cell phones can't get in. Impenetrable.

A really good place to take a nap in security!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Silly 'puter keys!

edit on 2012/11/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by wildtimes

A fortress. A mountain stronghold. So secure that it even radio signals and cell phones can't get in. Impenetrable.

A really good place to take a nap in security!

You're not that guy out of the movie 'Tremors' are you?!!

edit on 25-11-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Not my fault. I didn't know they were rolling film at the time. Every little thing gets archived, doesn't it?

ETA: I just stepped outside to smoke and listen to the night for a while, and suddenly realized how nice it is to listen to wolves howling at one another over the distance rather than sirens screaming past the house. It's GOOD to be home again!

edit on 2012/11/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Having a little trouble with this next post - trying to explain the politics of the whole thing. Ugh.
Hope to have something up in the next day or two.

Glad you're home Neno - I can't imagine - I mean that - I just can't imagine doing the 'city' thing again. Would kill me.

peace

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Glad you're home Neno - I can't imagine - I mean that - I just can't imagine doing the 'city' thing again. Would kill me.

I did it for the biggest part of 30 years, various cities, but it was a constant downward spiral of loss and a general dose of pain. Should have cut my losses sooner, but I've never been accused of being TOO sane! Anyhow, I expect life to get a lot better in the near future, after riding over a few more bumps in the road that are the fallout from years of hard living in what was advertised as the lap of luxury.

Come to find out, "luxury" is what you can do on your own, without having to rely on the unreliable!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Come to find out, "luxury" is what you can do on your own, without having to rely on the unreliable!

Can't get more cold hard truth than that - and cold hard truth is sometimes far more comforting than the city lies.

I'm still having a tough time writing this next session. Maybe I'm pushing the 'post apocalypse' thing and it shouldn't be? I'll have to examine that more. Maybe all in all the members of the Yydryl really are back in time? I'll keep checking...

peace

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

"Back in time" is an interesting concept as applies to the Space Opera. I have this odd notion that all time exists, always. The particular segment of time we are experiencing is a function of the "frequency" we are tuned to receive. Think of it as an analog to radio. All radio waves are surrounding us and running THROUGH us, all the time, but the radio station we receive is the one we are tuned into. The rest are not "gone", they do not cease to exist, we just don't hear them because we are not tuned into them. Same for cell phone signals. They are all THERE. they are all around us and running THROUGH us, but we don't hear them because our own cell phone is not tuned to receive them.

So in my little world. Alexander is conquering Persia right now, and always will be, always has been. We just can't SEE it because we are not tuned to that time segment. It's there, we just can't receive it.

I think there is far more to the universe than we can see at any given instant. I'm of a notion that jumping from time to time, from place to place, in the Space Opera is just a function of "retuning" our sensory apparatus, via teletabs or any number of other mechanisms in play. By the use of these mechanisms, we simply change OUR frequency to be tuned into another time and place, and POOF! there we are!

This concept carries over to "other worlds", other time lines, places and events that never happened in our own reality, but nevertheless still exist. By use of the same mechanisms, if we can tune in to those events and places, we can go where no one from our own realities has ever been.

Some people would refer to that as "alternate dimensions", "alternate realities", etc - but it's really no more "alternate" than our own experience is - it's just somewhere or some when that has never been experienced by people traveling in our own reality, just as ours has never been experienced by people (such as alternate "us"-es) traveling in them. In other words, to the people of those alternate realities, including alternate me and alternate you, THIS reality we live in is an "alternate".

It's all relative.

edit on 2012/11/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Hi Hi! When you get a moment could you edit this for me? Meaning, could you let me know what I could add or what I should take away to precisely portray your giant?

Here's a rough (editable) draft!

Oh, and it's a bit scary...

* ~ * Something Wicked... * ~ *

‘Never had a lad to call me own...’ The Alewife burped a bubble of ‘usky‘ leaving a sweet sour taste on the back of her tongue.

The black cat sitting just out of kicking range beyond her feet turned it’s head and licked it’s shoulder.

‘If ye aint gonna pay attention jest git yerself away from me stoop you cursed thing!’ The owner of the Rose snarled even if the sleek black cat was the only living thing sharing the dark with her now that the kegs had run dry, the hearth bled cold and the grunting from the rooms above the taproom had gone quiet.

‘I said get yerself away!’ The Alewife pulled off one roughshod shoe tossing it at the cat. When the shoe sailed wide past the cat’s head it didn’t so much as blink.

‘And don’t ye think I had all them fine feelings fer the lad!’ ‘Rose’ rambled on between pulls on her wineskin. ’Didn't have feelings fer none of ‘em.‘ Forgetting she’d wanted the cat gone the Alewife weaved from side to side reminiscing over her lost bairns. ‘But...but jest between you and me?’ She closed one sloe eye the other going wally, ’I did have a wee little liking fer him.’ She chuckled meanly. Anger was settling in. She’d been sure the boy would have scuttled back to her days ago. He’d not. And now there was no one left to lead her to bed, scour the dregs from cups grown green with use, turn the spit, stoke the fire...

‘There it is damn ‘is miserable hide he up and run off like the rest of them accursed males!’ Trying to rise to her feet the Alewife fell back on her ample bottom a hiccup escaping her throat. The usky might of warmed her innards but it sent her feet spayed as a ducks. There was no rising in her this night cursed as it was. The thought of sleeping it off on the porch all but sobered her. For the fist time in her life the alewife missed something and it wasn‘t the cat who‘d run off with a hiss.

‘Where...is...he...’ A dark shadow forced over the tree line whispered, then called, then roared. In her stupor the alewife wondered if it was the boy. Or the cat. In slow motion her brain registered it was neither but whoever was sent her skin crawling.

‘WHERE IS HE!’ A great waft of dank putrid air clapped her nose shut but not soon enough. The Alewife nearly drown in the stench.

‘Who’s out there?’ She screamed, usky and fear giving her a courage she didn’t feel.

‘Where. Is. HE!’ Right before her face the voice grew bright yellow teeth sprouting from a mouth larger than her soup kettle and glowing in the moonlight murky and green. Rose scooted her butt back towards the door of the pub her heels making scuff marks across the dirty boards.

‘Who are you. What do you want here. The pub’s closed!‘ Like weapons she shouted words like nearly every night of her life. The old worn out phrases comforted her but didn’t stave off the intruder.

A mammoth fist struck through the shadows snatching her by the neck like she’d been known to snatch up old hens ready for the stew pot.

‘Where is he.’ Up close and inescapable the voice grew even more ominous with quiet. From her new height with feet dangling too far from the ground - still the Alewife could make out nothing but green eyes and teeth.

‘Who you be looking for?’ She choked out around a throat constricting under pressure from the huge thumb and forefinger holding her suspended.

‘The Neno.’ He hissed sending vomitous spittle spraying across her cheeks. ‘Where is he?’ The dreadful thing repeated.

‘I dunno...he done run off...a fortnight ago.’ She didn’t remember the lad’s name as Neno. A tinge of guilt squeezed her heart.

‘Where...did...he go...’ The giant dipped his head so close she cold feel the heat from his eyes radiating across her face. She tried to scream, she choked then choked again but her arms and hands hung nerveless at her sides like a kitten’s in a cat’s mouth. There was no fighting.

‘I...don’t...know...’ She tried.

Her back snapped first. Like a wishbone. The stench of her bowls and bladder pouring out over the dry earth didn’t bother the giant at all. With a quick hack from the axe taken from his hip and a little extra pressure from forefinger and thumb the crown of her skull popped off revealing the pinky gray tissue hidden underneath . The giant‘s pointy tongue delved deep into the round red opening dipping, slobbering, swallowing. Tipsy with her spirit laced blood and brains the giant began to laugh...and laugh and laugh and laugh.
edit on 30-11-2012 by silo13 because: boldy

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Some people would refer to that as "alternate dimensions", "alternate realities", etc - but it's really no more "alternate" than our own experience is - it's just somewhere or some when that has never been experienced by people traveling in our own reality, just as ours has never been experienced by people (such as alternate "us"-es) traveling in them. In other words, to the people of those alternate realities, including alternate me and alternate you, THIS reality we live in is an "alternate".

It's all relative.

Ok, you're hitting on something I want to agree with. I don't believe in 'dimensions'. I believe it's all the same thing - we just don't tend to 'get it'. Why? Because we couldn't handle the 'truth'. I don't think our brains - as we know them and use them at the moment could 'handle' it if we could 'see' everything. I mean think of it. We only (now) see 1% of the spectrum out there and only hear 1% (so says the scientists or at least the people on Facebook). Point is? It’s ‘all’ going on at the same time - here there everywhere. It just happens to be pertinent that this is where we are at the moment so really it’s all that matters. Right?

Anyway - I do think my little group is in the PAST but it is Post Apocalyptic. The problem I've been having? There was a GIANT of a post that needed to get posted before I could move onto what my little group are doing. Will be it Post-Apocalyptic? Yep. I just have to wait on 'them' for the details. Though any hints you (or anyone else) might have to throw forward would be appreciated!

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

YIKES!!
The brute.
Yeah, that's him. Evil incarnate.

Nice job!!

Sorry my entries are spare at the moment, dealing with holiday season (and for me it's 10 events in 12 weeks, counting family birthdays) and "entertaining" guests (which entails a higher level of housework and upkeep and improvement) than other times of year.....

But, yes, I think it's great!!!
GO SILO!!!!

Hug

top topics

<< 375  376  377    379  380  381 >>

join