It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 377
<< 374  375  376    378  379  380 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Whatever happens with your Redbeard? I just happen to know someone who would LOVE to get his hands on THAT wanna be giant! LOL!

Glad you're back.

peace

edit on 8-11-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

otherwise, he's still aboard her, and now the Diamond is, too!!

Whoops... I'll fix that -about the passenger, but The Diamond is still in
Kershner's mansion!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wel gang, I've flown the coop and lit on a patch of home, but just long enough to gather my legs up for another jump. Round and round the world will go, and where I land no one will know. I'm following along as best I can, trying to thrash out some new technology to keep up on the move. Lost my ass in this deal, but I've still got my heart, so that's something!

Anyhow, I'm still here, and following along, and will thrash out a contribution as soon as I can make my head stop spinning. Been a dizzying week, but life is a LOT more peaceful now.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Make sure and get some relaxation or...well...I don't need to tell you.

For me? I'm drawing out the time on 'earth' as much as I can at the moment. Taking a break from the sci-fi end but not for long. And it really doesn't matter cause I'm waiting on what BIAD does and no one I know is in any rush at all to get back to 'Shi' (*cough choke*) and Chumley and their weirdness (oh yeah Pip too)... Not that I could get Silo, Moriah, Jeni and Adam back even if we wanted to at the moment.

Take care you - and the rest!
peace

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hang in there... and as Silo says, take care.
I'm glad to see Slayer and Badger are back, fresh muscles to push
this Opera forward!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I'm glad to see Slayer and Badger are back, fresh muscles to push
this Opera forward!

Fresh muscle is always good! Badger - you got me curiosity up already - welcome back guys!

By the way - they still burn witches don't they? Oh, never mind!

peace
edit on 15-11-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hi, all,
welcome to badger and Slayer from me as well.

I've posted a right intrusion into BIAD's climactic goings-on at Kershner's place. Do what you want with it!

Cecilia is now unoccupied, and Redbeard is (I'm told) being beamed to Newscotland....(Silo, have at him!)
Tibbs is aboard the Starwolf with Muckles and Margot; Ben has joined Neno...

that's about all I can come up with right now.

BIAD, my little party's fate is now in your capable hands, along with Neno's. I'm excited to see the next scene!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Sorry I didn't add your-guy-and-the-others on my latest episode, BIAD assures me
that there is a plan. "A PLAN...?!" I shouted at him and he just shrugged his bare
shoulders and went back to repairing the Fairy-lights that adorn his little shed.

I think another quest is in the works, but I don't know if Nenothtu wishes to leave his
planet in a hurry... he's just got there!
So we'll see, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Nah, you're all right!!

I'm always paralyzed by the "chocolate cake" bit, not having been around when that all happened. .... but, I got the gist of your Aaron's Rod introduction; I wonder what Silo will do next?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Don't worry, the chocolate connection is very vague and I think we're all
abit hesitant on what it may mean!
It's one of those-things that just keeps floating by... all you can do is nod
and comment on it's passing!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The chocolate cake thing is pretty vague as BIAD said. Started out when CindyMars made Silo a 'chocky-cake' the first time she visited the 'big blue planet' with CindyMars via the teletab teleport. (At the cabin in Oregon where eventually Silo went on the run and had Neno - though it's still never been confirmed that baby is Neno actually).

From there chocolate cake is the way Chumley smells when he's happy. Remember this is the guy who can 'tell things' by tasting things, licking people, lol.

Also, the teletabs were hidden in the cocoa tin.

Vague references when things are wonderful, warm and sometimes creepy.

I too am wondering what's going to happen to Silo in the 'dream' (?) sequence. I made reference to it in my newest post (Silo still being more dead than alive) but - there it is.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I don't want to give away too much at the moment but I've got a question for you all.

Take the case a group of survivors are living (now) in a post-appocolyptic world.

In that world NOTHING from the old is allowed. Nothing that isn't but the purest of man made items - example, Lucifer would be allowed (a splinter of wood tipped with sulfer) whereas a lighter would not be.

Taking that a step further? NOTHING electric, modern, etc. The 'new belief system' blames 'technology' on the earths demise and will not 'allow' it again. If people are sick and need technology to live? They'd die. If it would be easier or more efficient to use a tool? All fine and good as long as it isn't a 'tool' from 'before'.

Also in place is a 'group' hunting anything from the past. The 'Agency' in this case.

That means our little group Adam, Moriah, Silo and Jeni are outlaws and because of their participation in helping/hiding them now so are Quiet, Argus and Flint.

But why. What logical conlussion would make the 'Agency' hunt them out? To actually try to GET more technology? OR to truly rid the NewWorld of it?

See what I'm asking? I know it's vague but I'm trying to get a handle on 'new corruption' - because we know as long as 'man' survives there will be corruption within power.

There's something here to tie in with what the rest of you're doing - I'm just not sure yet and hope you can give some clues.

peace

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That idea was one that Frank Herbert had, too. One of the planets had outlawed all computers or modern technology.
I don't recall which volume it was in, but, sure, it could make sense.

Since technology may very well destroy the world, one can see the value in starting over and heading a different direction.

Interesting!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'll look up the guy and see what I can find. Remember I've not had American T.V for over 15 years and I don't do the Sci-Fi scene so there's a lot I've missed - and that being said I might have to revamp the story line cause I don't want to step on those toes that've already gone 'that way'...

Any input would be appreciated!

Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It's not on TV....he's an author, the "Dune" series. Sorry, didn't make myself clear. When I read your post, I automatically thought of him. It's entirely possible, however, that I am attributing the idea to the wrong "author."

Anyway, I don't think you'd be stepping on anyone's toes! It's an idea, and ideas can't be copyrighted!!

GO FOR IT, girl! Let me know how I can help...would you like Redbeard to appear amongst your little group? (I jettisoned him in my last post....thinking he might materialize in your locale.) And you earlier (during Dag's sad demise) had suggested those beams that destroyed machines but not humans.....

nice tie in, I'm thinking!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Silo. May your upcoming year be less fraught with difficulties!
HUGZ!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

...But why. What logical conlussion would make the 'Agency' hunt them out?
To actually try to GET more technology? OR to truly rid the NewWorld of it?

If the children are still up and reading this, then The Agency would wish to
continue the 'non-technology' world by the ridding of those who come and
use it.

If it's after the watershed and the kiddies are in bed, then it is to obtain, acquire
and covet the technology. To have something someone else hasn't -is power.

I know I could belabour the 'Area 51' rumours of anti-gravity devices that never
see the light of day, but the parallel is the same.

There is good and bad, if a world exists without pushing the technological side
of life, then the masses live in a more disciplined world, the focus would be on
obtaining the simple things in life and this leaves little time to 'wander off the
trail'
However, there are leaders and followers in our species and anyone who has
read Orwell's Animal Farm will discover that those at the top of the pile will
eventually begin to look at ways to spoil the 'all-for-one' feeling.
Humans huh? No wonder the Committee once pondered pulling the switch on
'em!
(BIAD has just informed me that he shouldn't have told me that!)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Working Thread AP service.....1:01pm CST
this just in.....

Wild has received notice that

"the Neo has ported.............

to the Dead Center of the USA...... He deboarded his transport on Friday last and took shelter, and later that day visited the civic center. ........................ LONG PAUSE.....................

crackle ..../crackle

discovering how to use his new hand-held device..........crack/crack....
recce mission of approximately 2 earth miles radius this aftern------------crack
/crack
and has only a few more days on set.... ......

whence he will return to his last point of known location.....*fades*...static.... all is well....

LONG SILENCE

beep beep! end transmission.

In other words, it's all good, mission accomplished, and doing fine.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

...Remember I've not had American T.V for over 15 years and I don't do the Sci-Fi scene
so there's a lot I've missed

Don't worry Silo, the whole-scene peaked when 'Lost In Space' was aired!

Edit: That's the first series (black & white)!!
edit on 20-11-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

REPORT... REPORT... The Neno is down repeat... The Neno is down!

Scramble relevent agencies and report at the rear of the building in 15!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
May I just say -as a Limey who knows nought of the Thanksgiving feeling.
I wish you-two ladies a good one and recalling one of The Addams Family movies...
save me a piece of Turkey!!

top topics

<< 374  375  376    378  379  380 >>

join