It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 374
<< 371  372  373    375  376  377 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Why yes, yes that IS the Penelope! I'd recognize the silhouette anywhere, having examined her from all angles. Not sure what those two odd projections off the bow are, but the rest is all Penelope.

I just re-read what I wrote there. It seems ... "off". "Heh, heh, he said 'two odd projections off her bow'. Heh, heh..."

Some days, it pays to get more sleep before engaging the keyboard....

Not so odd. Of course, in zero gee they do look a bit different.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I'm playing catch up as well.

reply to post by badgerprints

Sounds like a plan.
I'm not quite settled yet but will be by the end of the week.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by nenothtu

Again... and thanks to my friend Judy at NASA for the images, I've managed
to obtain another view of that particular craft.
It does seem to be The Penelope, although there's deep scoring on the hull
and it is running Warning Lights.

Did Judy at NASA say whether there were any distress signals coming from the craft in the UV spectrum? I heard through the grape vine that she has a special radio telescope tricked out to receive just such signals!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Why yes, yes that IS the Penelope! I'd recognize the silhouette anywhere, having examined her from all angles. Not sure what those two odd projections off the bow are, but the rest is all Penelope.

I just re-read what I wrote there. It seems ... "off". "Heh, heh, he said 'two odd projections off her bow'. Heh, heh..."

Some days, it pays to get more sleep before engaging the keyboard....

Not so odd. Of course, in zero gee they do look a bit different.

Some more so than others...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

That spelling is my fault. Originally, Masqua spelled it "Yddryl", just like Badger did.

So did Masqua change the title?

The Voyages of the Penelope and the Yydryl

I'm so confused. I'll go back and see if there's an edit for the name change.

Added Note: Nope. She's always been the Yydryl - unless Masqua changed the name in the original photos too.

peace

edit on 2-10-2012 by silo13 because: space

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Did Judy at NASA say whether there were any distress signals coming from the craft in the UV spectrum?
I heard through the grape vine that she has a special radio telescope tricked out to receive just such signals!

There are several... all in stealth-mode, of course and cannot be picked-up on satelite.
When living in the fictitious world of The Opera, one can make anything up!!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

...I'm playing catch up as well.

Don't worry, we're all playing catch-up!!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

That spelling is my fault. Originally, Masqua spelled it "Yddryl", just like Badger did.

So did Masqua change the title?

The Voyages of the Penelope and the Yydryl

I'm so confused. I'll go back and see if there's an edit for the name change.

Added Note: Nope. She's always been the Yydryl - unless Masqua changed the name in the original photos too.

peace

edit on 2-10-2012 by silo13 because: space

Nope.

She Has not always been the Yydryl. Started out as the Yddryl, and my dyslexical butt spelled it wrong a bunch of times, got called on it, and masqua changed the spelling to accommodate it. give me a few, and I'll dig up the specific posts to lay it to rest.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ok. A few links to posts to chronicle the Yddryl/Yydryl/Yddril spelling warren:

"Yddryl" in the opening post:

Supplemental Rules for The Voyages of the Penelope and the Yddryl

and:

• Ship-to-Ship communications between the Penelope and the Yddryl will not occur until they meet at some point after departure from their respective outposts.

• My first misspelling of "Yydryl"

Would it be advisable to run separate threads for the humans and Yydryl "denizens" (for lack of a better species name)

Another alternate spelling ("Yddril" - at end of post)

Starship Yddril

Which makes sense, really, since we are spelling an alien name in English... it might go any whichaway. As an example, My name in English is spelled "Gene", but in Arabic it's spelled "Jyn" - but pronounced the same. Regardless of the spelling challenges, it has been established that the pronunciation is "Eye-drill" several times early in this smoke-filled, back-room thread where we hammer out the story details for the story presentation thread..

Both Yydryl and Yddryl in the same post (at the bottom of the post)

Starship Yydryl

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a348be2a8591.jpg[/atsimg]

(pic optional)

-of the Orion Alliance, departs from the Rigellian outpost in the Orion Nebula

Starship Yddryl

• Captain - Cadbury
    • Weapons Tech - scurvy
    • Communications Officer - visible_villain
    • Navigation Officer - Skyfloating
    • Empath/Chief Medical Officer - antar
    • Special Ops - Whisper67
    • Mascot - silo13

Their mission remains UNKNOWN

My misspelling that caused the spelling to be changed

The design for the organic Yydryl looks sort of like a Romulan Bird of Prey, 2nd version.

Masqua's response that set the spelling change

Originally posted by masqua

The design for the organic Yydryl

It's the 'Yddryl', but we can change it to your spelling easier than changing the pic.

Edit done

[edit on 18/3/09 by masqua]

Hope this sort of clears it up.

=====================================================================

As an aside, that journey reminded me of the starship search I underwent in the beginning, when I was looking for models to represent the main ships. I went through a bunch, and happen to have the models still laying around somewhere. We have a near inexhaustible supply of starship models for encounters with other races or groups...

edit on 2012/10/2 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
    link   

I contacted the company that built The Yydryl when it was in it's
    construction-bay and they were kind enough to put me in-touch with
    the ACTUAL Droid that painted the Ship's name on it's side.

Apparently, after several attempts and many bottles of turpentine,
    'The Yydryl' was decided on because of cost-reasons.

The extra 'D' is said to be floating near Uranus.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
    link   

Ok gotcha, so Masqua did change it (I didn't see a post change edit) so, I guess that means Masqua (or someone) also changed this:

Anyhoooo

peace

edit on 3-10-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
    link   

Originally posted by silo13

Ok gotcha, so Masqua did change it (I didn't see a post change edit) so, I guess that means Masqua (or someone) also changed this:

Anyhoooo

peace

edit on 3-10-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

No, that was my misspelling that masqua was referring to when he said it was "easier to change the name than it was to change the picture". It was that picture he was referring to. I misspelled it when I made that picture because I was in the habit of misspelling it.

Beautiful home area of space you've got there! Lookit all the pretty colors!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
    link   

Well hell! NOW I got it, lol!
    Geesh - talk about light dawning on marble head!
    Thanks Neno

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
    link   
    reply to post by silo13

Marblehead...?!
    A couple of years ago, my family and BIAD took a wrong turn on
    our way to Salem MA and seemed to get stuck in an eternal
    tour of the place!

Why the Man/Girl wanted to visit Salem, he would never say

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:33 AM
    link   
    Okay, folks, I've posted another scene in two parts (and one yesterday also, in case you missed it). The first covers Brittle and Gert waiting for the airship to collect them. The second addresses their rescue and some of the backstory for Wild and Alaag and the beams.

In the first one from today (there are now 3 in a row from me) there's a link to the hazing and Initiation sequence to refresh the memory of what Gert's role was and re-establish that tangent of the story....
    hope you all enjoy it. It's not meant to revive Dag and Adam at all, so, Silo, do whatever you like with the idea....

my intention was only to have Gert feeling for Alaag how Dag once felt for Adam; and Gert is to take Dag's earthly place in helping Brittle transform into full manhood; all the while being blindly in love with Alaag.

I also re-highlighted the workings on Vandalia between Gert and the demi-Gods, Pandora, Death, Charon and the Raven Mocker. BIAD, do what you like with that; I just wanted to review some of the story that have been rather on the back burner....

Since I can't contribute to the CyndyMars or Antar or other past and gone sub-story lines, I'll just carry on with who I've got. Wild, Brittle, Alaag as my creations; the wraith-Margot, Mucklebones, and Ben as NPCs.

Let me know if this is incongruous with any workings you all have in mind.

If it's all good, the ship will be scooping up Brittle and Gert and heading for the southern continent, where a separate form of transport will get them to the Deeps.

Neno, how far are you all from where the Diamond lab is? Are you headed there?
    Should my crew be headed there? Or to where you are?

BIAD, what has become of Carimono, the wolves, and Mr Jordan? Do you have plans for Tibbs and the Vithians? Or is that over? Muckles is still watching from his button, but I've lost track of what Tibbs' main agenda was with the Vithians monitoring him.

Have a great day, everybody!
    edit on 5-10-2012 by wildtimes because: update. just posted another, that's two for today.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
    link   
    reply to post by wildtimes

...Let me know if this is incongruous with any workings you all have in mind.

There's no need to use words like that, BIAD's shed roof was made of incongruous iron and
    it fell on him. He still shudders when I use 'that' word.... or was it corrugated?

BIAD, what has become of Carimono, the wolves, and Mr Jordan? Do you have plans for Tibbs
    and the Vithians?
    Or is that over? Muckles is still watching from his button, but I've lost track of what Tibbs' main
    agenda was with the Vithians monitoring him.

Carimono is dead and gone, the remaining 3 wolves are still around and I was thinking of
    bringing them into this part of the tale.
    The Vithians that visited BIAD have travelled back to where Committees go... probably
    Cleveland,

The REAL agenda for Tibbs is get Neno settled on his planet and then await for the
    next step to get him further towards his goal... to make Nenothtu king of the Big One!
    He doesn't know how, but he knows it will come along.
    BIAD is considering purchasing a pair of nylons, but that may not be relevent to the story

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
    link   

You crack me up.
    Tell BIAD that nylons are horrible. And they don't hold up well. He should save his allowance for something else. (A fuzzy red stole?) Although, the girls nowadays are wearing socks with their heels. He could try that, I guess! Those black hairs, though....does he shave them regularly? Leghairs in socks can be prickly.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
    link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Tell BIAD that nylons are horrible. And they don't hold up well.
    He should save his allowance for something else. (A fuzzy red stole?)
    Although, the girls nowadays are wearing socks with their heels.
    He could try that, I guess!
    Those black hairs, though....does he shave them regularly?
    Leghairs in socks can be prickly.

BIAD has no other hair (or so I can tell!)... except that strange stuff on his head
    that sneaks across the carpet when we're all watching a movie and steals my popcorn.
    There's a gag there about a bucket of popcorn and a snake...but it's gone.
    As far as allowance is concerned, he doesn't use money per se, he just becomes
    so irritable that I buy him what he wants to shut him up!

The last time I bought him socks, we had to endure a rendition of The Muppets, he
    stuck them on his hands and attempted to hide his voice.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
    link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Neno, how far are you all from where the Diamond lab is? Are you headed there?
    Should my crew be headed there? Or to where you are?

Don't know. neno doesn't even know there IS a diamond lab - he only knows there has been some mining going on on HIS planet, and isn't well disposed to let it continue. He's intent of finding the "honcho" of the operation, but as yet doesn't even know who THAT is! Your crew might be best served by locating and linking up with robo-Margo. She was there when the 3 fell into the ground, and will likely be trying to find them, knowing approximately where they are - in that great honkin' hole that just opened in the ground.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
    link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

The Vithians that visited BIAD have travelled back to where Committees go... probably
    Cleveland,

There - RIGHT there - is the connection between the Vithians and neno. I was BORN in Cleveland, at a hospital that no longer exists. I think the Committee must've built it just for me, now that this connection is coalescing...

new topics

top topics

<< 371  372  373    375  376  377 >>

join