It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 373
<< 370  371  372    374  375  376 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by badgerprints

I'm a girl, you're a boy.

And that was wildtimes with the clearest version of the big picture ever.
I hope I never do grow up.
edit on 29-9-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
The two figures that stole into Opera Town during the midnight deluge, wore
dark coats that told of long days in the saddle and hard nights under the stars.

The one known as Badgerprints looked up from the shadow of his pulled-lapels
and surveyed the light spilling from the Saloon window. With a creak of old-leather,
the stranger climbed down from his mount.

The second visitor to the desert-town stayed in his saddle, Slayer69 knew that
many pairs of eyes were on them and his trigger-finger itched it's agreement.

The rain ran a curtain of water across the muddy street and hidden-residents
waited to see what would happen next...

Taken from the paperback novel 'The Texas Rain'

I didn't really need to quote all of that.. but hey, any chance to read it twice.

Out-writers.
I like it.
You guy's are gonna ruin my modest ego.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Can you direct me to some particular points in the Opera that will help me become familiar with the characters? I haven't researched the P at all, as she was not present during the time I've been involved.

WT
In answer to your question....Slayer was in at about page ten. He has a lot of great graphics to go along with the writing. I got in at about page 19 I think. I don't remember how long we wrote but we both wrote ourselves out within a few pages of each other.

I had to go back to figure out where we were in the thread and it was a slap upside the head reading my old stuff. It was fun but reads as pretty amateurish. I'm hoping my mostly unused skills have improved since then.

To Neno, Silo and Biad I would just like to say I'm really impressed (and weirdly proud) to see how much you have all done. It's amazing how much volume has been put into this thread. That's a lot of friggin writing! I'm also impressed with the quality of the work. Very impressed.

I haven't gotten to go through things with Slayer so I'm not sure what he wants to do but I think we'll have to work hard to reach the bar you've all set.

I don't know if Slayer wants to work in the same thread or do a spin off but either way I'm glad to be here.
Very seriously,
Thanks for having me back.
Bill

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

So

The P is still adrift and you're AWOL?

I'm sorry, I have a million things on my mind at the moment. I'm moving and may be out of contact for a few days. I was thinking along the lines of a salvage/retrofit operation on the P and build up her crew and tech/weapons as we move out into deep space?

No longer in the fleet [If that's still around?] but out on her own. But, somebody take the lead on the re-intro of the P and I'll jump in running once I'm settled in my new location. [Sometime next week when interwebs is installed ]

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

...That's a lot of friggin writing! I'm also impressed with the quality of the work.
Very impressed.

BIAD curtsies and shows the usual-grin!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Can you give me some-sort of info about The Penelope's final status?
I'm back-reading the Opera right now and the problem is that I'm enjoying
it too much!!

Cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

So

I'm sorry, I have a million things on my mind at the moment. I'm moving and may be out of contact for a few days. I was thinking along the lines of a salvage/retrofit operation on the P and build up her crew and tech/weapons as we move out into deep space?

No longer in the fleet [If that's still around?] but out on her own. But, somebody take the lead on the re-intro of the P and I'll jump in running once I'm settled in my new location. [Sometime next week when interwebs is installed ]

I can see that working fairly well - Badger's idea for the derelict, damaged Penelope, and your for a salvage/refit, and decommissioning from the UEF fleet for her. I believe the laws of space are about the same as the laws of the sea - first come, first served on salvage operations, and the winner takes the prize on abandoned vessels. Don't know how well that would work around government-owned vessels, but our story, our rules, eh? Make 'em up as you go along, but I can see how both those ideas could mesh together.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Whatever you - to join us here in this thread or start a sister thread? Here's a little visual update of three of those NPC's you used to know.

I've not got a visual completed for Chumley - but I'm working on it.

Added Note: Deson created the 'machine' that created 'skin suits' - specifically one of Neno. We were all 'Nenos' there for a while. Chumley and Carpet (now named Newman), for their own reasons went through a 'full' change - not just a skin suit.

And a pic of a few that joined us - though I believe I did post this in the thread.

This is Jeni the oldest of the Sisters (along with Silo and Carpet)

And the Sisters who've taken over posts in the Recovery Bay, Navigation and Ship's Care, Lower Security Officer.

I'll see if I've got anything else hanging around the works...

Have a great Sunday!

peace

edit on 30-9-2012 by silo13 because: see added note above

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Please forgive the condition of this image,
I got it from a guy -who got it from a guy...

The picture has been bounced off three satellites
and fired through a co axial cable.

This COULD be The Penelope.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

So

That's the general idea.
I'm thinking a bit of a trek to find the P and go the underdog route to restoration as we have no official backing available and will be considered pirates for scavenging any warship hull as that is considered a nefarious and unconscionable deed of treasonous proportions in the new/old timeline. Since the outwriters are now writing the timeline...wouldn't that be considered the outline?

Anyhoo.. . After we find her and you get started rebuilding/refitting (possibly with scavenged alien hardware, that's what mysterious and infamous ship graveyards are good for) then I will be off to find the culprits who destroyed her and killed most of the crew. I'll also be seeking the remainder of the crew who survived. Maybe after a long bout of character and plot development I could locate the aforementioned bad guys and Slay could ride in guns a blazing for almighty vengeance...or some such drama. It would be a veritable Slay ride of nemissistic proportions.

I just had a small little tickle for an Idea that would be pretty good to reincorporate the Yddryl. It’s PERFECT!
Ha-ha-haaaa! "The shiny, red button!" I'm going to work it over with Slayer before springing it on the rest of you.

I think things might work out better if we unveil the fate of the ships and NPC or discontinued characters in the narrative of the story instead of trying to spell it out all at once. Half of the fun will be waiting to find out what already happened as we add successive posts to the story.

"Offending line removed"

Tag, you're it.

edit on 30-9-2012 by badgerprints because: The shiny red button!

edit on 1-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I'm also thinking we might need to shanghai a writer to carry the Yddryl if we want her to be a continuing character.

What would make you think we need someone else to continue the Yydryl? We've all been doing just fine keeping Ship alive for quite a long while now. *wink* And she's spelled Yydryl. Just saying.

peace

edit on 1-10-2012 by silo13 because:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

The Ophi's are here - or back - or whatever! I'm so looking forward to seeing more of them.

Thanks for opening up the door I was looking for to 'slip' back into the storyline. If Pandora and the others 'felt it' then I'm sure my little gang and Ship did too!
Hope I'll have something up a little later.

Oh - and please feel free to use the photos of the Ophi from before - clothe them in dusters, whatever - they're there to use if you want to Photoshop them.

Have a good week.

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

If you're going to make it a part of this series count me in. At the moment I'm 'off' the Yydryl with a handful of crew and we're headed - well - we're not sure yet!

And as you (maybe) remember - I just roll in the glory of tying up lose-ends. That's what I've had in mind - going 'back' to conclude the story on why CindyMars disappeared - along with Whisper and Antar. Three key character stories that have never been - concluded.

The Yydryl and her occupants (all NPC's at this point - everyone else is off Ship) could maintain Ship/Yydryl and as I said - Silo and Newman - are at the disposal of 'cleaning up the past' --- or forging forward to the future.

Something for you to think about.

And yeah - nice to see you.

peace

I'm sorry,

I did not intend to misspell. I actually went to the first page of the thread and found the spelling there to make sure it was right.

As an official Texan, I'm incapable of using the "and sometimes Y" vowel rule at the beginning of a proper name. A man's got to know his limitations.

I also misunderstood the status of the Y.
I was under the impression she was either left behind at the rip or back in outline space. No worries. I'll keep my mitts off of her.

I guess the shiny red button goes back into mental storage. That's kind of a relief anyway. Walking around with the shiny red button sitting next to your muse is something akin to storing your grenades in the oven. You just never know when your made-from-scratch muffins are gonna explode and disturb the neighbors QVC competitive shopping tournament.

Seeing how Wildtimes has already called shotgun in the muse department it just wouldn't be right to leave that shiny red button right next to her and deny her the option.

Badger pulls out a lead lined box with TSRB stenciled across the front.
Damn this thing's heavy...urf. Better safe than sorry.
Anybody seen my radiation suit?
Yyep. There it is.

edit on 1-10-2012 by badgerprints because: And sometimes Y...and sometimes Y...and sometimes Y... muse-red button-QVC-explosive muffin. Background radiation ...clickclickclick...normal. All Clear!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Cheers Silo, I was looking to 'trend-them-up' abit
The Ophi are back... and this time it's personal!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I've no problem with you writing about her - I was just confused why Ship gave the impression she wasn't doing anything?

Hmmm...Last I knew she was in Chumley's rooms (or he was in hers) and we've been hearing some pretty interesting sounds coming outta there!
That and the Girls are there in training with Ship and Chumley furthering their Yydryl education and let's not forget Pip who's got his farming stock growing well in the Center. And the droids! Even though Skinny and Tibbs are gone (R.I.P) Ships' still cram packed with NPC's! Then there's 'Milli' (the new 'Carpet') trying to keep them in line...

I'll stop now, lol!
Use them all or none of them - up to you - have fun!

Added note - I just reread what I wrote before (the quote of mine you posted). I should have read that first.

I see how my account of Silo's status could have led you to believe Ship isn't active. What I neglected to add is there is still a lot going on there - just NPC - and out of those only Chumley and Ship are really 'active active'. The Girls and Pip, Droids are fillers to carrying info, do things, etc. But yeah, she's all there. I'm sorry I didn't make myself clearer - epic fail on my part, lol.

peace
edit on 1-10-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Yeah, that they're back is wayyyyy cool! And that it's personal? I'm 'stoked' (my new term from Cali - I hate it but still trying it on for size)...

Is it worth me putting some of the original Ophi in those coats - or do you want to? Either way? The coats are awesome.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
Please forgive the condition of this image,
I got it from a guy -who got it from a guy...

The picture has been bounced off three satellites
and fired through a co axial cable.

This COULD be The Penelope.

Why yes, yes that IS the Penelope! I'd recognize the silhouette anywhere, having examined her from all angles. Not sure what those two odd projections off the bow are, but the rest is all Penelope.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
And she's spelled Yydryl. Just saying.

That spelling is my fault. Originally, Masqua spelled it "Yddryl", just like Badger did. I couldn't spell it right. I failed 10th grade alien language classes. So the spelling was changed to accommodate my dsylxeai.

edit on 2012/10/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Why yes, yes that IS the Penelope! I'd recognize the silhouette anywhere, having examined her from all angles. Not sure what those two odd projections off the bow are, but the rest is all Penelope.

I just re-read what I wrote there. It seems ... "off". "Heh, heh, he said 'two odd projections off her bow'. Heh, heh..."

Some days, it pays to get more sleep before engaging the keyboard....

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Again... and thanks to my friend Judy at NASA for the images, I've managed
to obtain another view of that particular craft.
It does seem to be The Penelope, although there's deep scoring on the hull
and it is running Warning Lights.

Whether living conditions are available or not is unknown at this time.
(Above said with very formal tones!)

Edit:

'two odd projections'

That'll be BIAD posing for the camera!

edit on 1-10-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 370  371  372    374  375  376 >>

join