It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 372
<< 369  370  371    373  374  375 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Of course, at this point it's all conjecture. I haven't really given it much thought.

Mein Gott! What develops if you actually think about it?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I know, right??? Holy cow!!

As for the Opera, I'd forgotten about BIAD's bairn....oh my.

@ BIAD, your story continues to intrigue and leaves me quite out of breath!! I can't even keep up with Kershner & Co in the deeps, let alone all the back-and-forth memories/fantasies, etc. Well done!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I've been thinking of putting up a "neno in jail" post, since that seems to be where they currently are, but haven't been able to wrap my head around it quite sufficiently.

neno in jail on his OWN damned planet - who'da thunk it?
I don't see it being all that worrisome to him - I think he's been in worse jails - but I can see it being a definite curiosity, and a matter for musings!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

OOo...ooh!!

Yes! *excited jumping up and down* A break-out scene! Ben and Wild and Alaag are at your service. Also, don't forget Redbeard has just resumed "contact" with Akron (and presumably the Starwolf.....) Are you still in communication with Margo on board?

I really am so up in the air about where Wild and Alaag are going....just waiting for an impulse born of y'all's posts...

This Shadow Diamond thing seems to be our new focus. ... could be very useful to pull EVERYBODY back together, or could be just our weird little side-story, mini-adventure......

Either way, if you (or anyone else) has suggestions for what to do next with Ben and Company, I'm game!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

OOo...ooh!!

Yes! *excited jumping up and down* A break-out scene! Ben and Wild and Alaag are at your service. Also, don't forget Redbeard has just resumed "contact" with Akron (and presumably the Starwolf.....) Are you still in communication with Margo on board?

They're all way north of neno and company, and have had their commo stolen to boot, so can't know what is going on with neno, BIAD, and Tibbs at the moment. Muckles has her far-vision thingy, but all it will tell her is that they are in jail on the dark, rather than a location I think, plus Redbeard has stolen their transport. If they could contact Margo, she could probably pick them up, but would she? would she leave neno in that dark hole in the ground for it? Who knows. Dire circumstances some times force harsh decisions.

I haven't thought it through whether neno is still in contact with Margo while underground. Probably so, if the signal can exit the hole left by Rebo's Tomb falling through the world, rather than having to punch through solid rock. I'm currently wondering how long the battery in his earpiece lasts. My real world blue tooth goers for about 2 hours before needing a recharge, but presumably they have stronger batteries 300 years from now. Hope it's not nuke powered... but having a mini nuke plant next to his brain would go a long way in explaining some of his eccentricities!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I'm currently wondering how long the battery in his earpiece lasts.

Nahhh, no worries there. I have it on very good authority (top-secret clearance) that the electro-magnetic field of the U-man body circulates a perpetual charge to the earbuds.....

kinda like the little doo-hickey my chiro just gave me (yes, GAVE me) that stimulates acupuncture points with a pos or neg charge.....wow! That tickles!! Or, I mean.....OW! That stings!!!!

It's a cool toy, though. Husband won't let me touch him with it. (His loss...who doesn't like electronic shocks of ions flooding the meridians of yin and yang to heal the body's maladies?).

It's cool. You hold it to your skin and it's like a metal detector (he called it a Geiger counter, actually)...and it buzzes until it hits a hotspot, then the buzzing pitch goes higher, you hold down the "stimulate" button, and it shoots electricity under your skin directly to the nerve! FUN! NON-TOXIC! NON-INVASIVE! Best of all, of course, FREE!

Oh, btw, if you're ever feeling poorly, put your bare feet or hands onto earth (without grass) -- it floods the body with negative ions that render neutral the free radical problematic trouble-makers in the body. F'real. Believe it.

No, really.

At least, that's what they say.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neno & wildtimes

Oh, btw, if you're ever feeling poorly, put your bare feet or hands onto earth (without grass) -- it floods the body with negative ions that render neutral the free radical problematic trouble-makers in the body. F'real. Believe it.

No wonder my bod's had a craving to sleep outside right on the ground for the last few night! I'm too radical! Or wait, maybe not radical enough? Damn.

As for Neno hearing Margo from underground? Let's not forget that as Dag was dying her communication system was flubbed up - but - who knows if anyone will remember?

About the 'Big Rip' friggin things up? I like that idea/theory a lot. It explains why Silo and her group have not been able to get off the Yydryl - yet. Sooooo, either their teleport-tab is going to go awry - maybe send them back into a 'bad earth' or they wont even make their way off the Yydryl at all.

And yeah, you find me here fingers posed over the keyboard just waiting for their input. The scratches at the door I'm hearing so far have something to do with 'bad earth', big apes and Newman remarking to Silo 'what an odd wet place for the Statue of Liberty to be laying'...

Then again, maybe not.

Have a good weekend all!

Added Note Wild hun! I know 5 readers who follow our story religiously who are not (har har) my relatives or peeps here in the group. So that makes over ten for sure including us and a few others - more like 15 - and of course there are more. Or course there are! *hugs*

peace
edit on 28-9-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This Shadow Diamond thing seems to be our new focus. ...
could be very useful to pull EVERYBODY back together,
or could be just our weird little side-story, mini-adventure......

(obvious over-acting of coughing)... er, I er, can see where you're coming from
with that one. A 're-set' of the entire Opera character's timelines...? A new
dimension that is nothing last any of us have ever known?
A boutique where BIAD parades in silken... (sorry, he just pushed past and
typed that)

Who knows what this odd-stone can call forth!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

...My real world blue tooth goers for about 2 hours before needing a recharge

I tend to side with Mucklebones when it comes to these new-fangled thingys...
Or I'm old.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Ho boy. Can someone please direct me to the relevant posts and storyline from yore, so I can know where we are? Or, perhaps that's my lot in Space-Opera-life...never quite sure. Always the newb walking around and doing whatever.....

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No wonder my bod's had a craving to sleep outside right on the ground for the last few night!
I'm too radical! Or wait, maybe not radical enough? Damn.

Do you suffer with elongated fangs and breath that smells of foul-meat?
Do you find handfuls of fur under you when you awake?
Do the animals that you tend -show a fear of you as the evening creeps closer?
Do you sigh at the sight of a full-moon?

If the answer is yes to all these, then I know a small store that sells the finest
of dog collars!

I know 5 readers who follow our story religiously who are not (har har) my relatives
or peeps here in the group. So that makes over ten for sure including us and a few others
- more like 15 - and of course there are more. Or course there are!

This is a little heartless to explain the reason why... these folk regularly peruse The Opera
and forgive me it it hurts.
You see, in the asylum, it's well-promoted for the inmates to do things together, a friendly
commune -is a good commune and when medication time comes around, it's easier to
just spill the bucket of pills onto the linoleum floor and let them sort it out together.
Say it with me.... "together"

edit on 28-9-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ho boy. Can someone please direct me to the relevant posts and storyline from yore, so I can know where we are? Or, perhaps that's my lot in Space-Opera-life...never quite sure. Always the newb walking around and doing whatever.....

The part I was implying -with the image of the 'regroomed' Ophi Buzzard is here:
Recent Ophi...

I know Silo and the others can help with earlier episodes.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm too radical! Or wait, maybe not radical enough? Damn

Well, deary dear......radical is...
um......

basal, bottom, cardinal, constitutional, deep-seated, essential, foundational, inherent, innate, intrinsic, meat-and-potatoes, native, natural, organic, original, primal, primary, primitive, profound, thoroughgoing, underlying, vital

Yeah, sorta
radical.

Wow. SO AM I!!! But, but.....
there's nowt amiss wi' that, aye???

So, ahem. Do I need to bow down and feel intimidated by the be-back-boys??? (I can if I need to; but I'd rather not.....but, I already did...!!!!! Gha.....Don't tell them.....
..........I'll try my best, silo.
I will.

edit on 28-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Wait. WHAT?! I was just re-reading my post (I like to see what I say and therefore know what I think.....) nm....
It seems none of the synonyms ex-texted above are what I think of as synonyms for "radical".....

I always though it was similar to "unruly, bold, liberal, outside the norm"

nm.....I just had a bath in my new WC, and it's made me woozy. Hugs all round.

edit on 28-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by badgerprints

Of course, at this point it's all conjecture. I haven't really given it much thought.

Mein Gott! What develops if you actually think about it?

If I think about it then things tend to get boring. It was all on the fly except for the gravity waves going 65 times the speed of light. That was from an article I read last week. I did come up with the time distortion mumbo jumbo though. It might even be true.

Still waiting on Slayer to give feedback. I really was doing a blue sky. All and any is up for veto. He might be in the mood for something completely different.

I would kinda relish a space battle in which I got to atomize an evil ex wife but that's sharing a bit too much.

edit on 28-9-2012 by badgerprints because: Ha-ha-hahahaha! You don't know! Do you?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So, ahem. Do I need to bow down and feel intimidated by the be-back-boys??? (I can if I need to; but I'd rather not.....but, I already did...!!!!! Gha.....Don't tell them.....
..........I'll try my best, silo.
I will.

Be-back boys? Sounds vaguely musical and slightly condescending. I rate it a 7.
No bowing or intimidation tolerated. But I do respond well to sarcasm.
Great avvy by the way.
And nice to meet you as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Be-back boys? Sounds vaguely musical and slightly condescending.

Yikes. Sorry....I tend to spew alliterations with some regularity. How about the "returning-rogue-writers"? (Just ignore the W there.....it just isn't a good alliteration in print....)

In any case, we are all kids here in our playground. I'm a girl, you're a boy. We're just older. Right?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

They could be known as Out-Writers, authors that ride the highways and byways
of story forums and deliver justice and prose to those who seek their assistance.
They move like phantoms and mothers tell their children as she tucks her loved-ones
into their patchwork-quilted beds...
"Beware of the Out-Writers... for they walk the trail tonight!"

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The two figures that stole into Opera Town during the midnight deluge, wore
dark coats that told of long days in the saddle and hard nights under the stars.

The one known as Badgerprints looked up from the shadow of his pulled-lapels
and surveyed the light spilling from the Saloon window. With a creak of old-leather,
the stranger climbed down from his mount.

The second visitor to the desert-town stayed in his saddle, Slayer69 knew that
many pairs of eyes were on them and his trigger-finger itched it's agreement.

The rain ran a curtain of water across the muddy street and hidden-residents
waited to see what would happen next...

Taken from the paperback novel 'The Texas Rain'

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I LOVE that book!!

Hey, so, what do you want to do with Alaag and Wild in your Bisley Deeps scenario? Shall they come with dark glasses and guns a-blaze???

Does the Shadow Diamond somehow relate to the revival of the Out-Writers????? Maybe?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I would say that Alaag and Wild should 'sneak' into Bisley Deeps and have
a lok around... it's mostly abandoned... mostly!

new topics

top topics

<< 369  370  371    373  374  375 >>

join