It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 370
<< 367  368  369    371  372  373 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm working something up here but it's taking some time. My 'ah ha' moment of a few days ago? Got rerouted for a later time - SO!

Question is this.

Bransom. When she was on Ship - especially in the Swamp - her 'antics' (let's say) were recorded. Everything (within reason - meaning besides bio-breaks and hygienic rooms) are recorded as a mater of practice.

Does that mean those 'times' caught on Shipboard recorder are still there? Or, were they 'wiped out' right along with time after the Big Rift thing???

There goes my brain hurting again.

peace

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Since Yydryl was at the same place as our heroes when time was "repaired", I presume everything aboard is still from the "old" time, meaning the recordings of things that never happened still exist there! Her "memories" ought to be the same as the characters, and include the things that never happened.

ETA: Since Bransom is now a minor file clerk at a backwater outpost, I'm fairly sure that if any of those recordings of her acting "presidential" were to turn up, 24th century conspiracy theorists would be doubtless screaming that it was a product of the 24th century equivalent of Photoshop! Either that, or she might get arrested for impersonating the President without a cinematic license!

Thank God that Yydryl DIDN'T video her in the hygienic rooms - that would just be more than one could bear!

edit on 2012/9/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank you Sire. I bust out laughing more than I like to admit over your information - though it was graciously received in the fullness of my appreciation for you spending your precious time on this plebeian...oh great one..........

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Hold on a freakin' second!

Let me revamp...

Thank you Neno - you're a dear!

All hail the...King...

hugs and peace

edit on 22-9-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi, guys....!!!
Posted a quick one...not very long, but keeping up. My thanks to BIAD for his/her ever-present inspirational posts!!!!

Let me know if I've screwed anything up. This was a totally spontaneous creation.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

....Let me know if I've screwed anything up. This was a totally spontaneous creation.

It's all coming together!!

I personally think that it is only us poor-writers of the Opera that are screwed-up!!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Let me revamp...

Thank you Neno - you're a dear!

All hail the...King...

hugs and peace

Huh? Nah I'm just the Regent! I'm still not entirely sure what it is that Regent's do, but I think it's something like a Grand Vizier - rule with an iron fist in the absence or incapacity of the real king, like when the king is off to the Crusades, or still drooling on his bib and unable to form an understandable order 'cause he's too little, that sort of thing.

BUT -

Since you mentioned it, "sire" and "Yer Majesty" DO have a nice ring to them, don't they?
I'll take it under consideration when I go to considering what I'm going to make draconian, tyrannical decrees next month, since this month is almost over, and nearly decreed out...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Here in England, it is traditional as a sovereign to:
A. Wave occasionally from a balcony.
B. let your people redecorate your home.
C. inter-breed with your family (It has been optional for a number of years)
D. Go around and visit your colonies that enjoy the sun more than your
own country.

Oh, and don't forget to fumble with your crown jewels every so-often.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Here in England, it is traditional as a sovereign to:
A. Wave occasionally from a balcony.

Yes, I already do that... frequently at night, when no one is around... I don't even have to have been drinking to do it!

B. let your people redecorate your home.

The door is always open, and there are paint brushes in the tool shed... erm, I mean "in the carriage house".

C. inter-breed with your family (It has been optional for a number of years)

I've forgotten what "breeding" is. I'll buy a book on the subject and brush up.

D. Go around and visit your colonies that enjoy the sun more than your
own country.

Well, winter IS coming in the northern hemisphere... Is Hawaii still a colony? is Tahiti one yet?

Oh, and don't forget to fumble with your crown jewels every so-often.

Well, yeah, that's a given... but I might need to get a book on that, too! This royalty business really ought to come with a manual!

edit on 2012/9/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I made the remark in the Opera that Khalamzadar IV suffered with water-problems.
Sheesh, was I asking for trouble!
Here in Northern England, a deluge came that has caused lot's of damage in it's wake.

I spotted BIAD with an armful of wood, a mouthful of nails and trying to coax two-of
each animal towards his shed, I can only assume he'll be asking to wear a long garment
and grow a beard next.

I require a favour, my good friend... (fawning and doffing of cap!)... can you put-up a link
to the history of Khalamzadar IV? I'm muddling an idea in my cranium about how Bisley
Deeps came about without muddying the waters of existing history.
(Muddying the waters...?!)

Edit: BIAD has just past my window carrying a large stick and wearing an old pair of drapes.
It seems he's mixing the Noah idea with Charlton Heston's 'Moses'

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Hey, can you ask BIAD if this Diamond thingy is anything like the "philosopher's stone" of old?

Wild and Alaag are arguing over whether or not it is.

And...was it buried/hidden on K-IV on purpose? Or is it actually being "mined", and now "struck"?

Stay dry!
Quack if you must!!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I require a favour, my good friend... (fawning and doffing of cap!)... can you put-up a link
to the history of Khalamzadar IV? I'm muddling an idea in my cranium about how Bisley
Deeps came about without muddying the waters of existing history.
(Muddying the waters...?!)

Aye - thy wish is my command!

Canonical Background info on Khalamzadar IV

Just so happened that I had it open - I like the pretty pictures! Can't read a lick of it!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
We ALL have those "special" days every now and then... even neno!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

It was buried.
I'll wager it could be the philosopher's stone, I know it holds great
powers. But these are dark powers, it can draw nightmares into
a reality, it can turn brother-against-brother and it can punch holes in
space/time.

Tibbs isn't saying much and this makes me bekieve he knows something.!!
edit on 26-9-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A badger shuffles through the room. He sniffs, sneezes, scratches and looks around. Winks at Silo and gives Neno an up-nod. Wonders where everyone else is. Shuffles off thinking, "Need to dust off this old profile."

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Long time no see stranger.
Where you been old timer?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Reply to Slayer

Badger's been tracking blackbirds and talking about himself in the third person as he stares off into the distance.

Traveling. Working. Searching. Scratching.

Time to settle down and get a real job I guess. Thought I might start posting again. How's it going with you? How's the Opera going?

edit on 27-9-2012 by badgerprints because: cause I wanted too

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I dunno. I haven't participated in a couple of years but been reading along

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I've got a lot to catch up on. Actually haven't signed in in about three years.
Got my tinfoil hat outta storage and I'm ready to rock.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Hi, there. I'm Wild (and Brittle and Alaag and a number of other itinerant characters who have left for now)....joined as "Dag" by Silo's invitation.

I don't know who you are; perhaps you can give a brief bio of your former character? Will you be joining us on the planet?

Silo!!!???? Neno!!???? Who is this guy?

Oh, and Slayer, what to you mean you don't know??? If you're following along, you must have some impression, right?

How do you like it so far?

Oh my, and here I thought only masqua was reading our silly stuff apart from the four of us.

edit on 27-9-2012 by wildtimes because: counting error. there are four of us. not three. four. three besides me. forgot to count me. ***sighs****

edit on 27-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Silo!!!???? Neno!!???? Who is this guy?

Badgerprints is the premier fighter jockey of the entire UEF, and somewhat of a contrarian who tupps general's daughters and the like, thereby staying perpetually in trouble. He came to us in a crate. It was a "last chance" sort of thing for him - some general sent him off into the black, I suspect to keep him away from the general's daughter. He left about the same time Slayer did, flying off into the wild black yonder to seek fame and fortune, mostly fortune, amongst the stars.

I bet he found a general's daughter, too!

Since time has changed, and we're in a different reality now, he may still be aboard the Penelope, and may have never left her.

edit on 2012/9/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 367  368  369    371  372  373 >>

join