It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 367
<< 364  365  366    368  369  370 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Aye aye, Silo,
We'll hold down the fort!

Hope your daughter comes through with flying colors, and her wedding goes off as smooth as silk.

I know you're very busy right now, and I'll be thinking of you, and praying for her safe outcome and a happy marriage.
Please be careful -- you have people who care about ya!

Hugs,
V

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

We'll be here when you get back and I hope will be well.

Tell your daughter BIAD' sends his prayers.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

First, congrats on the wedding, and second, I'll keep your daughter in my prayers. I can identify to an extent - my son just smacked me upside the head with wedding plans a couple of weeks ago, and his sweetheart went in for emergency surgery this past weekend.

It just keeps rolling on, and every now and then I gotta ask myself "where did it go?"

Don't worry if your out for a bit - I've been none too active myself of late. Got too many irons in the fire some times. It will still be here whenever you can get back.

Best wishes, and shake yer finger at a doctor for me too!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Wow - thank you all so much.

And Neno - wedding plans and surgery. OUCH. (I hope we get to see pics of you at the wedding though)!!!

You're all wonderful...

So, between now and whenever? Ship and Chumley are still in their room - we do not know why.

Adam and Jeni are waiting to go.

Silo and Newman have shared his recipe for a wonderful summer treat.

They've also found those last couple of teletabs belonging to CindyMars.

They're ready to go to...wherever...as soon as they get the ok from Ship.

Pretty much all is in line accept the departure. I hope I'll be able to add it before my own.

hugs to all
edit on 2-8-2012 by silo13 because:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Don't panic, It's just a slight detour for the two Droids and the Tumbler.
Bisley Deeps has it's own little problems and we don't want to get bogged
down in them!

It was just the chance to reveal that Kershner is alive.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I can visualize the beginnings of that eventual showdown:

Nenothtu did a double-take when BIAD growled. No, it wasn't exactly a growl - it formed low words - but it seemed directed at neno, which was what prompted the double take. He'd never heard BIAD express himself quite like that, and never towards his own august personage. Deciding that discretion is indeed at times the better part of bravado, neno relaxed and crossed his arms as he pondered the words BIAD had growled at him...

"Stand down. This one is MINE."

I'm still in the aether, orbiting something or other. Can't pop a post out to save me. There are a few things need doing to tie loose ends, and I had a notion of having the Starwolf hover over the spire of the tall towers, neno rappelling down to them to set the plaque in place (having abandoned the on foot through the jungle approach) and finding Rebo's tomb and final resting place in the top of the same spire, together with his records of the fall of civilization on Khalamzadar 4... and of course Rebo's mummified self in the tomb. The particulars keep shifting in my head, and they just won't pin themselves down into a post, dang it!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Ok all - I'm off.

Silo, Adam, Newman and Jeni are leaving Ship. We can only guess to where - but that's for another day. Maybe. Please leave those 4 out of the storyline until I get back. Full stop.

I've left word with a friend and ATS what to do with those 4 if I don't get back. But I don't want to think about that now.

So, I'm off now too in fact closing down the computer just after hitting reply here. 48 hours from now I hope to be at my daughters side. She's in the hospital. Let's hope she can get out for her wedding before going back in on the 14th for major surgery. Fingers crossed and prayers would be appreciated.

I hope to see you all again soon. If not, I cherish each and every one of you - in character form, and out.

It's been an honor and a pleasure.

hugs and as always

peace
gracie

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Keep safe and we send our hopes with you.
Focus on the important stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Warmest regards to your daughter and her spouse, and tell her she is prayed for...and Godspeed!

See you soon!

Maybe while you're out, my muses will get busy again. My own daughter is in town from Boston, where she now lives permanently...far away....so we'll do the mommy thing vicariously together, k?

Oh, and I had this great idea for Silo, Adam, Newman and Jeni, got it all worked up and going to post today!!!

(just kidding....
)

Hugs!

edit on 9-8-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Oh noes! BIAD is a DADDY!

Gotta wonder how that's gonna play when BIAD finds out!...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

This may explain his 'nesting' style holing-up in his shed for the
last few weeks!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hi guys....
nope, I'm not dead (yet.).
My bathroom wall collapsed and now I have to take it down to studs, improvise using pieced together lumber for spacers (house is 73 years old...."nominal" measurements and "replacement parts" DON'T WORK!!)....and I know as soon as I remove the tiles, I'll be facing a mushrooming set of problems. Doh!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Tut-tut, you and your antics in the bathroom... I knew it would end in damage!

If Nenothtu's adopted surname is Carpenter, then there's your wood-butcher.
For BIAD, he likes to play with electric wire. In fact, he chews the damned
-stuff for some reason!

Keep the faith and dust that keyboard off!
edit on 16-8-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Originally posted by nenothtu

This may explain his 'nesting' style holing-up in his shed for the
last few weeks!

Don't complain - it probably keeps the leaves cleared out of the garden for nesting material!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Furring strips - build those studs out to spec with furring strips. 2X4's that old are actually 2"x 4" - new ones are 1 3/4 x 3 3/4 usually. The difference has to be made up with furring strips.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah, that was on my list.....
but I came across a couple of really nice (and cute) young men, who helped me figure out how to do it.....and I got the "spacers" for FREE!!! yep, at Home Depot....
a 1/4" cement board, and some free pine "spacers"....take my coping saw, cut some notches, and I'll be good to go!!!!

Furring!! Yay for furring!!

You got into your new digs yet?

edit on 16-8-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

You got into your new digs yet?

Not yet - but trudging onward, Dogged determination is everything!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Sorry about all this 'back-tracking' but I've never fully explained how BIAD escaped
Dugway. Also, Muckles once said that she crashed on Earth and was held captive...
this may help in showing how she got out of the hands of the Military.

Onwards!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I'm enjoying the 'backtracking' when I can get online - which isn't often.
My daughter's having complications...I've had to extend my stay - will not be back in Sicily until after Sept.5th.
Looking forward to getting back into the swing and between now and then - keep up the fantastic work all!

peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you and there's a little more to go.
Hope everything will go okay.

top topics

<< 364  365  366    368  369  370 >>

join