It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 366
<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I'm pretty happy at the moment that I've not been able to post in the story line. Ya see - I've started three posts but not a one of them 'feels right'.

Wellll - after their little vacation Ship, Chumley, Newman, Silo and even Pip have 'spoken up' - though sadly our beloved Adam has not. None the less! There's a solution on the horizon!

Neno: Is there a place on that planet of yours named Scotland? Or could there be?

The 'gang' is all ready to take Adam to where he wants to go. At the same time they're telling me it's 'New Scotland' they're cheering Adam on to visit. The place near where Dag died. They figured this way it would open up the story - off and on - for 'Dag' to 'speak to' Adam from the 'grave' and help him recover. (I thought you would like that Wild)

At the same time Pip can be 'on planet' with the horses with Adam (see Pip's been just kicking the insides of my brain out because HE WANTS TO GO)...

So here's the questions for you all.

Neno - Where's that marshy-cum-highland area on the planet that would support not only Pip, Adam, (Jeni's tugging at me at the moment say she'll have to go then too), the horses, cows and pigs etc?

Wild How do you feel about 'visiting' Adam occasionally as Dag to help him heal? One or both of us can get him through as Dag's ghost can't we? Or all for that matter.

BIAD I don't suppose you could help out with the bagpipes in the mist part when needed???

peace

ADDED NOTE: Keep your eyes open for some little, well, Summer Food Love tidbits for you all too. *wink*
edit on 21-7-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wild How do you feel about 'visiting' Adam occasionally as Dag to help him heal? One or both of us can get him through as Dag's ghost can't we? Or all for that matter.

Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking when we decided she needed to go. She was being groomed by Muckles and neno's wraith Margot, as a "guide". Muckles has Tibbs to look after, Margot has neno, and Dag has......
At first I thought it was Adam, and it may very well still be. But I think someone told her during the "hazing" that it wasn't Adam...it was to be Brittle.

But I don't see why she can't "appear" to both, it would work just as well if we need her, and now that she's in the ethereal realm, it's highly possible that Margot is taking Dag under her wing on the other side, and it could be revealed to her more about what her purpose really is. We were just getting to that point when she dissolved.

I'm still fuzzy on where I went wrong in writing her: not sure I was being true to her nature, personality, and 'character' as you invented her. And I don't want to misrepresent her in future posts.... send her off her intended trajectory as you saw her in the beginning as her creator...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Beautiful vid and tune, thanks for that! The Last of the Mohicans is one of my husband's and my favorite movies. The music is so stirring.

Do you recall when I was first "Dag", and looking for an image to suit her?
This is where I first saw "her"....(nm that it's Cloud Strife, it's still "Dag", his twin sister
)

So that song could be the Dag's ghost theme....love where this seems it could go!!

Both songs give me gooseflesh, LOVE pipes and drums. We had an itinerant Scots band called Tartanic that used to come to our Renaissance Festval (they've since outgrown us)....but they did the drums, pipes, etc, and WOW were they ROCKSTARS (as far as RenFest bands go...)

But anyhoo.....funny how things just "gel"...I put the Dag avatar back up the other day (yesterday?) guess I was picking up her vibe from beyond....
oh how I love the writing process! It moves so beautifully and unpredictably!!
edit on 21-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

... BIAD I don't suppose you could help out with the bagpipes in the mist part when needed???

If there is a region that the Gaelic caber-tossing Highlanders reside on K.11, then I'm sure BIAD
can drum-up a gang of guys who can capture a couple of wild Haggis' and blow air up their...

I mean...(leave the damned keyboard alone, BIAD)... I'll rustle up a band of Pipers.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

For myself, there are memories of 'flat' instances, of events that were -at the time, important
to those around me. Being younger at the time, I felt that since the adults around me felt it
important, then it must be something I was unable to grasp.

Now it's my turn to be adult, I found I was correct and yet... so were they.
It's all about control and I'll leave it there... I've wandered from my original thought!

I like to write about times that evoke a feeling that I felt in those times.
The way the world saw itself, the promise of a better future, the hopes of a better place for
those who come after us.

I bought a ticket to that time, a jet-pack, hover boots and a place to enjoy on the Moon,
the TV promised so much.

Anyway, it's with those feelings that I like to write with.

edit on 21-7-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Because BIAD cares... he made this for you.

His original one was made of coloured stones from the driveway
and I told him that wouldn't be appropriate.
His heart is in the right place... but sometimes I'm sure he sits
on it!!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The names of places on the planet have been lost in the mists of history and the demise of a civilization. I seriously doubt of any of them were ever in English - they were alien names on an alien planet, and probably sounded like a cross between a sneeze and a coughing fit when pronounced in the native tongue.

Any names "now" would likely be either translations or newly - named locations by settlers. I.E. - "NEW York", "NEW Amstedam", "Canaan", Roxboro", Crane's Crossing", whatever they settlers name a place, which is often done with names that remind them of the home they left behind, or after one or the settlers themselves.

Since Adam is essentially a mindless zombie at this point, and zombies are what destroyed the former inhabitants, he's not likely to be well received by any relict populations that may be around. My best guess would be that if he goes to the surface, locate him on one of the big islands. They are surrounded by ocean, will insulate him from the everyone, and he can name it whatever he wants to.

We know that Ben and neno take quick action against zombies, from earlier postings in the story, so it might be good to insulate him from THEM, too.

Most of the bigger islands appear to have highlands in the center and marsh nearer the coasts, so any one would do, I think. Just pick one and name it as you wish.

I hope to get a post into the story ion the next couple of days. I have an idea for setting the claim plaque and finding the last resting place of Rebo, I just have to get it on wire.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Oh! That works just fine as I was informed they'll be going to 'New Scotland' - and an island would be just nice. That is if they ever get off Ship.

That being said Ship would not rest until she shed her first skin - that completely all too 'U-Man' thing (she regarded as most who now ride a mountain bike remember their first trike with training wheels) and into her modified Regalian skin.

With that tiny blip in the plans now completed - well almost - the gang will be back to deal with Adam soon.

Oh, and it's the sedation that has Adam zombi-fied. Once that wears off he'll just be looney.

edit on 23-7-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I LOVE IT! Thanks! Adding to my gallery, and it's fabulous. Thank BIAD for me!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yikes, Ship is just scary lookin', silo!!

BIAD, I like where you're goin' with Sslar and Mr. Jordan, too.

You both inspired me...post is up, off the top of my head, but from percolations that have been ongoing for some time, they just came together!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Yeah, Ship is a bit scary lookin' huh - on the other hand? (Har Har - not tentacle) - She's Regalian... She just teethed a bit on that U-Man look. Now that she's 'grown up'? Oh yeah! Keep the 'fingers' loose the 'stalks' and she be da BOMB!

Or so thinks Chumley!

peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I thought this an interesting article, given Margo's peculiar existence.

I wonder if those "30 Russian scientists" read the Space Opera?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Hmmmm.
I'm thinking that's a bit of a vain-glorious venture.

Weirdness. Figures the super-rich are doing that instead of feeding and housing those people who actually would probably rather die, given their circumstances and suffering.

Sorry. In a bitter mood. Love you all!!!
HUGS!!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I have an entry from Silo and Newman (with recipes) but it's just not agreeing to be posted yet. I hope soon. Between now and then I hope you all have a great weekend.

Also - I'm going to include that recipe I talked about before, lol.

Later all!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Nice series of posts, BIAD!

I'm trying to work up something that ties in to what you and neno have done last...
a bit blocked...but I'll think up something. I know neno heard about Sslar and Dag and wants the rest to get together, so, perhaps now is a good time for Wild to hear from Margot, while Ben is rounding up the others.

Stay tuned!

And...there it is. Top-o-the-head finger dancing...at least I got something together! Damned pirates.
edit on 30-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

My next post will have Tumbler I, Valve and Bernard drop into a underground
cavern. It's vaguely tied-in with whatever BIAD has hidden up his sleeve.
(I had to actually make him a sleeve -this morning!!)

I assume Mutt (Tumbler II) will be hovering around somewhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm lost - I got to go back, figure out whose where and who knows what, and re-evaluate my post. I've had a bunch of irons in the fire, and can't find my blasted hammer to forge them with!

Does the Ben group have any comms on the ground with them?

edit on 2012/7/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Good question!! No, don't believe they do. Muckles has her monocle, though, which sees via Tibbs' button cam. I don't think neno & co know that, however. But, there are working mechanisms in the city, which is what Wild will be able to show them. I'd assume they'd be at least somewhat functional...
but if not, they have the beam they could use as a flare...
OR...to "melt" Cecilia and let Redbeard drift off into the vacuum of space....
(lots of "melting" going on courtesy of K-IV!)

They also have Dag's "ghost" that Silo had mentioned being available for Adam's benefit....and possibly Brittle's.
Does the Starwolf have flares?

Also, don't forget that Gert, Margo(wraith), Muckles, and Dag were all part of a "sisterhood" of benevolent overseers or what have you. And the Splitter is still around, according to BIAD.

edit on 31-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

...And the Splitter is still around, according to BIAD.

Aye, the wee-grey Time-Mechanic has fallen away recently... I'll
ask BIAD about his current location.

That's after he's finished washing his unmentionables!

edit on 31-7-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Announcement - lol!

I'm going to tie up the loose ends I've created and then more than likely be off the Opera for a couple of weeks, off ATS in fact unless I can get my laptop working.

I have to go back to the States and this presents huge problems. Mostly, I'll ask you all to please keep my daughter in your prayers. She's going to be married (God love her) on the 12th of August. Two days later? At the most three? She's going in for surgery for a large mass (and I mean large) on her left ovarie. This has crushed her. She wanted babies... And though I don't think the world needs any more babies? It would have been wonderful for her to experience motherhood at least once. So - there's a lot up in the air as the Doc's are telling her her 'T-cells' (?) are elevated - but - because she's 30 and not 20 they're not so worried. Needless to say that means I have to go kick some doctor butt - teh dung heads.

Between now and then I'll get Adam/Jeni taken care of along with Silo/Newman - they'll go off to wherever it is they go off to and get our of your hair a while.

Ship and Chumley Well, they're not just me projects so I'll leave them aboard doing Ship things. All I did recently with Ship is revamp her as she asked so - what you all do with her and Chumley in her new (and more appropriate) guise as a modified Regalian.

Pip and the rest I'll leave up to you all along with the Twins, etc. I think most of them are just going to go on training for their 'posts' aboard Ship. The Twins as Medics, Moriah's continued flying lessons and navigation lessons, the other girls going about their own training, etc so they might not even need any writing done for them unless you need them for something? Who knows!

I hope not to be gone long. Maybe I'll get lucky and not be offline more than a few days - but just giving a heads up.

peace

top topics

<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join