It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 363
<< 360  361  362    364  365  366 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hee hee...
okay, silo...another couple of posts are up to cure your neeeeed.....

I thought it was interesting, and I'm so glad my muse has awakened from her coma!! Wow, I was nervous there for a few weeks that I'd lost my touch forever. But this morning it all just gelled....

Now...
Sslar is, as requested, healed and at large on K-IV...
I'll leave it to neno to describe what she does next.

At least Dag will get to say her goodbyes....I'll make it as sappy as possible...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Very Cool - Poor Dag, but, life sucks sometimes doesn't it. Not to be glib or anything. I hope she and Adam get to work things out - well - as much as anyone can on their death bed so to speak.

I hope I can get back to posting in the next day or two - at least I hope things calm down a bit so I can!

Peace

edit on 21-6-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
......and then,
Dag was no more.....

It's done, and posted.

Hope you all enjoy. Let me know what you think.

neno, Sslar is on her way, I'll let you take her from here....but I'm thinking she wants to woop some wolf-booty....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
......and then,
Dag was no more.....

It's done, and posted.

Hope you all enjoy. Let me know what you think.

neno, Sslar is on her way, I'll let you take her from here....but I'm thinking she wants to woop some wolf-booty....

I'm not sure, but I think she's stranded on a different continent!

Silly, willful cats, always insisting on doing things their way!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
HA! I fixed my computer in time to edit my post! Weeee!
Anyway, I'm here - which I didn't htink I would be (thus the edited post) - Off to read the 'Death of Dag' and then I'll have questions - but - for now before reading?

What are we going to do with Adam? I'm thinking he'll want to leave. Maybe go back to LAB?

Problem with the above I still to this day don't get what happened to the 'before' the big Rip thing. Adam and Dag were sent after Silo by Bransom and LAB.

What happens to all of that? Adam knows it, Dag did - but is it all just, well, non applicable now?

peace
edit on 23-6-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

How completely ghastly.
Horrible sickening way to go.
And poor Adam to hear it all.
At least they had the last moments together - which will help him in the long run I believe...

You did bring up something else horrific though - and a question.

If Dag was on the way to deliver Sslar - we can't really blame her death on Moriah's lie can we? I wouldn't think so - but please point me in the right direction if I'm off. I mean couldn't we 'point the finger' at Neno also, or Ship, or even Dag for going off half cocked to help? No insult to Dag at all - I'm just trying to wrap my mind around how Moriah is going to react to Dag's death and how Silo and Adam are going to talk her out of it - meaning - that it isn't her fault. Or again - is it.

Wonderful wrap-up on Dag. Great job.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Problem with the above I still to this day don't get what happened to the 'before' the big Rip thing. Adam and Dag were sent after Silo by Bransom and LAB.

What happens to all of that? Adam knows it, Dag did - but is it all just, well, non applicable now?

Right. It never happened, since the UEF was never destroyed, and Bransom was never president.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Ok so it never happened.

Gotcha...

But... Tonight, when our poor Adam lays his head down on a tear stained pillow rightfully thinking of his lost love Dag? What will go through his head? The memories of he and Dag escaping LAB on the little red Sprint? Their being shot down, the ensuing interaction with Bransom? All the memories they shared 'before'. Will he remember - and in the remembering know none of it ever happened or that it did but things changed???

BRAIN CRAMP! *Almost wishes my computer stayed broke* - lol

Thank you Neno...

peace

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Ok so it never happened.

Gotcha...

But... Tonight, when our poor Adam lays his head down on a tear stained pillow rightfully thinking of his lost love Dag? What will go through his head? The memories of he and Dag escaping LAB on the little red Sprint? Their being shot down, the ensuing interaction with Bransom? All the memories they shared 'before'. Will he remember - and in the remembering know none of it ever happened or that it did but things changed???

BRAIN CRAMP! *Almost wishes my computer stayed broke* - lol

Thank you Neno...

peace

Yes, he will remember, because those memories happened to him - they just never happened to the universe that now is.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If Dag was on the way to deliver Sslar - we can't really blame her death on Moriah's lie can we? I wouldn't think so - but please point me in the right direction if I'm off. I mean couldn't we 'point the finger' at Neno also, or Ship, or even Dag for going off half cocked to help? No insult to Dag at all - I'm just trying to wrap my mind around how Moriah is going to react to Dag's death and how Silo and Adam are going to talk her out of it - meaning - that it isn't her fault. Or again - is it.

Nono....it's not Moriah's fault. She had no way of knowing what was going to happen...
and yes, Dag went off half-cocked, making an "executive decision"....

what I'd hoped to get across was that Adam feels responsible for it. He feels they never should have gone on the Fighter joyride, and actually I had him blaming himself and took that line out. It was no one's "fault" really....
just a series of unfortunate events. It just rolled out into a bad scene.

The only thing that would've prevented it was Wild not firing those beams. Was she aiming at the Fighter? Was it an accidental hit when all she wanted was to send up a flare for help? The thing is unreliable as to aim. To be honest, I'm not sure about it, except that it happened. Maybe the beams were something she didn't understand very well --- she thought they were flares, and didn't realize they were ship-seeking.

Good questions.

Sslar is on a different continent?? Oh dear. I wrote it imagining her shipwreck was in the general vicinity of where the Starwolf landed...in a swamp -- so she had to travel out of it, and followed the train track to the north.

Hmmmmm....

well, guys, let me know -- if I need to ask for an edit, will do!

Today, though, and tomorrow, I am learning to ride a motorcycle, gotta leave here in 20 minutes -- an all day "crash" course (he heh)....

So.....
if it all before the Big Rip is "never-happened," how much would they remember?

Oh bother. .

edit on 23-6-2012 by wildtimes because: silo's brain cramp is contagious...!!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Neno and Wildtimes

Was it an accidental hit when all she wanted was to send up a flare for help?

I think you'll have to find a way to work it into the story of course because whatever it is she fired? Melted everything mechanical...seems a great bunch of too much energy for just a 'flare' - so - if nothing else once Wild finds out? It will either be a mistake or something she'll be pissed at someone/something for, or, she fired a flare coincidentally when something/someone else fired a 'beam' - that's alllllllllll yours to figure out!

As for Adam - he's on his way to tell Silo. I'm not sure what they're going to do/say now - but it's in the work - I hope I have it posted in the next day or two.

I have a feeling Adam is going to split - but - not sure yet...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think you'll have to find a way to work it into the story of course because whatever it is she fired? Melted everything mechanical...seems a great bunch of too much energy for just a 'flare' - so - if nothing else once Wild finds out? It will either be a mistake or something she'll be pissed at someone/something for, or, she fired a flare coincidentally when something/someone else fired a 'beam' - that's alllllllllll yours to figure out!

Totally agreed! I'm thinking (and have been for some time) that she was trying to stop whomever from firing those "flares"! Which introduces another 'bad guy'....
but, OTOH, I'm not at all sure what's going on with the guys....

So, in other news.....
yeah, my 'motorcyclist safety foundation' class had to continue without me....after my foot was broken beneath a horizontal bike and gravity.

I'm a L O S E R !!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Sslar is on a different continent?? Oh dear. I wrote it imagining her shipwreck was in the general vicinity of where the Starwolf landed...in a swamp -- so she had to travel out of it, and followed the train track to the north.

Hmmmmm....

well, guys, let me know -- if I need to ask for an edit, will do!

Nah. We'll work with it, no problem - that's all part of the challenge that IS the Space Opera!

So.....
if it all before the Big Rip is "never-happened," how much would they remember?

Oh bother. .

They will remember it ALL, even though it "never happened" in this universe/timeline. The reason for that is that it happened to them "BEFORE" the timeline changed. They came through that change bodily and physically, and brought all of those memories of things that "never happened" to them before that change occurred.

So, it "never happened" now, but it DID happen then. The discrepancy is that they can remember actual events that happened THEN, but no one else but our crew can recall any of it, because it "never happened" in this universe/timeline. It didn't happen HERE for people to be able to remember, but it DID happen "there" for our stalwart crew to remember.

If it helps any, think of it as if it were a physical move from Poughkipsie to Upper Slumgullia. Upper Slumgullians would have no recall of things that happened to Pughkipisians, because they never grew up in Poughkipsie. However, when Ralph moved from Poughkipsie to Upper Slumgullia, he can recall things from Poughkipsie that the Upper Slumgullians never even knew happened.

Because they didn't happen in Upper Slumgullia.

edit on 23-6-2012 by wildtimes because: silo's brain cramp is contagious...!!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So, in other news.....
yeah, my 'motorcyclist safety foundation' class had to continue without me....after my foot was broken beneath a horizontal bike and gravity.

I'm a L O S E R !!!!!

nah. Casts are cool. ALL the cool kids either have or had one!

I was never a "cool kid", because I couldn't get a cast, despite my best efforts. The most I could muster was some splints and bandages.

I was terribly disappointed when I broke my nose in a ruckus and THEN found out that you can't, well, put a cast on a nose.

I was heartbroken.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

If it helps any, think of it as if it were a physical move from Poughkipsie to Upper Slumgullia. Upper Slumgullians would have no recall of things that happened to Pughkipisians, because they never grew up in Poughkipsie. However, when Ralph moved from Poughkipsie to Upper Slumgullia, he can recall things from Poughkipsie that the Upper Slumgullians never even knew happened.

Because they didn't happen in Upper Slumgullia.

Strangely enough this makes perfect sense. My brain cramp is gone. I can't find Slumgullia on the map, but, I'll leave that one alone for now.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Wait - you BROKE your foot? (Or the bike did or the ground did or whatever)?

EEEK! That's just awful! I'm so sorry! I hope it's a 'good' break so you can get out of that cast ASAP.

In the mean time maybe it means you'll be here writing more and not in the pool... *evil grin*

Hope you're better soon.

I'll stay away from Wild and what's going on 'down there' on the planet and who did what - and keep and eye on the boards with great interest to see what you all come up with.

Adam? He's about to go tell Silo about Dag. Ship already knows (I think) but Adam will tell Silo - I've a feeling it's not going to make Newman happy either. Regardless I think Adam is about to leave for a while - maybe for good?

Later!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Strangely enough this makes perfect sense. My brain cramp is gone. I can't find Slumgullia on the map, but, I'll leave that one alone for now.

Wrong map. probably. I think it's from "Little Orphan Annie" or "Pogo" or one of those other old comic strips.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Regarding the "flare of doom"....maybe she (Wild) was still tweaking the thing to try for better accuracy, and she "upgraded" it to "metal melting" without knowing it. We'll just have to wait and see.

I just needed to get on with it rather than sorting out the entire background and history of the city. Hence, neno's tale of Rebo helped immensely.

Oh yes, I'll be around a LOT more now...all the summer fun is, well, over (sob)...prematurely.

Not my first broken bone...my left foot has endured several breaks and rebreaks before (closer to the toe tips), thanks to a draft horse stomp, and a few years later tripping over the cat down a couple of steps....
what a wreck!

There've been ribs, and also my lower arm snapped at the wristwatch level when thrown from a stalliion I'd been hired to break and train. Heh heh......
me and my "fun." Questionable at worst, exciting and memorable at best -- I wouldn't wish any of those stories away.

I'll look forward to Adam's reactions, and happily reading what you've got in store for him, silo!! All yours!
At least I finally got the brogue sort of figured out (emphasis on SORT OF)....

Where is BIAD? HellOOOOoooo? Is he "leaving" us, too? I do hope he emerges from Mutt back on K-IV.....

And what is it Mucklebones has been watching via Tibbs' button-cam?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

BIAD is still here... he's just in the middle of a decorating-spree!

I keep pointing to the keyboard, but he just says from his position
on the step-ladders "In a moment... I'm in freefall -just now" and
continues with his painting.

Back soon...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
There ya go. Poor ol' Adam. Who knows what we'll do with him now.

Hope you're feeling better Wild.

*Waves HI to BIAD*

peace
edit on 25-6-2012 by silo13 because: edit of course

new topics

top topics

<< 360  361  362    364  365  366 >>

join