It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 362
<< 359  360  361    363  364  365 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The Pirate rendering seems to smack of an Errol Flynn-type of Buccaneer!

It's good to be back in the saddle and thanks for waiting!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I started working on an "interlude" episode to the Space Opera last night. It's a sort of a flashback - on a planetary scale, and attempt to explain what happened to the population that left the city ruins behind.

It's turning into an epic, and if I can't seriously trim it down, it's going to be a multi-parter.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Hi all, just checking in. I'm still just plain stuck on what-next to do with Dag, Adam, the bunch aboard Cecilia, and Wild...she may not be alone...but I think she probably is, a lone survivor who was once amidst her sisters. Some sort of tragedy, I'm sure, but now she's the only one left...

vacillating on how Dag will die, and where...
please, if you guys have an idea, and/or my block is stalling the whole thing....let me know...I want Dag's death and parting with Adam to be worthy, not just pumped out for the sake of timeliness.

I'm still here, still musing over Wild and her situation. Just dealing with some home-owner issues (not being addressed), kind of distracted with that...overwhelmed is more the word. So much to do, so little of me!

But, also to let you all know, I'm going to Chi-town this week, leaving Wed, and not returning until Monday. Doubt I'll be online during that time, as I'm not taking my puter, and with graduation and tourist-type activities we'll be pretty busy...

miss you lot!! Cheers, dears!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Got some back story bringing to forward story stories coming soon, lol. I've been waiting to hear what WildTimes wanted to do with Adam and Dag etc - so - in waiting I'll just flesh out some of the other stuff, etc.

Good week all.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
How The Cites of Khalamzadar Were Emptied is posted. It's a 3-part miniseries, explaining what happened to leave the planet deserted.

The towers that the main character wound up living in are the same towers that neno and Tibbs are waiting at the base of for BIAD to return.

Eta: MY final edits to those posts are now finished. Just a few spelling corrections, and a couple of additions here and there, such as Rebo's Journal.

edit on 2012/6/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Now that IS good, I enjoyed reading it!!

Rebo, alone...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Thanks!

It was inspired by a recent marathon of reading and movie watching I engaged in - "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson, and then in sequence "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price (1964), "The Omega Man" with Charlton Heston (1971), and Will Smith's "I Am Legend" (2007), all of which stemmed from the original 1954 book.

Re-reading it, I thought that instead of calling the ancient inhabitants of Khalamzadar/Euzkala "Euzkalians", I might have been better off to call them "Euzkaloids", but I ain't going through and changing it now!

The difference in the planet's name between "Khalamzadar" and "Euzkala" is similar to the notion that what we now call "Earth" was once called "Gaia" instead by an ancient race here.

After I posted it, I briefly wondered if I shouldn't have posted it in the "Nature" writing contest and just linked to it here, but what is done is done, and I'm not leaving 3 post-holes in the story. Silo would just drop poles in them and string up more wire to keep the horses in!

edit on 2012/6/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Remember that whale we finally took back to antiquated earth to release?

I think I found it. *Sob Sob*

And I think it's time to go back and fix what we frigged up!

The Loneliest Whale in the World

peace

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well well well - did everyone disappear?

I hope you are are well.

It seems Silo, back on Ship Proper - without the hope of a cabin, or even her old quarters? Is ready to move on. Where? I'm not sure yet - I'll have to see what she decides.

peace

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm still around. I check in every once in a while, but I've mostly been off to the wars fighting communists, cultists, all the usual suspects.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Hi... sorry for the delay, BIAD has been playing-up in his
shed, but assures me that that he will return soon.
So, as Neno once advised me, I put on my helmet and pads
and got in the game.
It's been awhile and those damned shoes really pinch!

(See Below)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hey, all!!
Back home safe; 1000+ miles and 5 days later....kid is officially no longer a student.

I had plenty of time to zen-out on the road and worry my conundrum here in the Opera -- and have some firmed up bits and pieces...general outline-type plans; I just need to read the miniiseries and get caught up, see if a couple nuggets come in handy....

and a post (or 4) will be up soon!

Checking the last few posts --- I guess the lull persists, huh. Gosh, I sure hope that wasn't my doing....my recent writer's block and the preparations for this absence have caused me a slow-down in general. I certainly didn't mean to have you all on indefinite "hold".....
if so, I heartily apologize for it.

But, I'm back now...missed you lot!

On with the show, then

edit on 17-6-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Checking the last few posts --- I guess the lull persists, huh. Gosh, I sure hope that wasn't my doing....my recent writer's block and the preparations for this absence have caused me a slow-down in general.

Not for my part. I've been a bit stymied myself, and have been kicking over bar stools and generally ruffling feathers around the boards, checking in here every so often because my writer is gummed up.

I've been nominated to run for the post of ATS Regent by Nettie's Hermit, and have accepted that nomination.

I've posted my basic platform, but it's VERY basic, and will need to be fleshed out, which I anticipate doing as ATS members ask me questions. Because of running the campaign, I'll still be in and out of here, but as I said above, my writer is just a little gummed up any how - I'm NOT abandoning ship however!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Welcome back - glad all went well for you.

I've been so busy farming it's unreal. Unreal. That doesn't mean I've not got a lot of posts ready to hit the page but honestly I wanted to see what you were going to do with Dag and Adam before going any further.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

...I've been nominated to run for the post of ATS Regent by Nettie's Hermit, and have accepted that nomination.

Well done Neno!!

Er... do you get to wear a Sherriff's badge?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I'm angling for a tinfoil crown!

maybe with a "tin star" as a badge device on it....

I've also posted my birth certificate to preemptively head off the whispers behind hands speculating as to my citizenship. I understand one of our candidates here in the US had some kind of issues in that regard....

edit on 2012/6/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

CHEATER!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

CHEATER!!

Well, I had the same blank copy laying around here that they used in Obama's COLB, and I thought it would be terrible to let it go to waste....

The dates and times are correct, by the way. I was born just a few days before Obama, which means I am older and wiser - and thus far more qualified - for office than he!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hey, all....
posts are up.

Now Adam will find out what's happened....
Whaaa!!!

Probably not my best work...sat staring out the window and not remembering simple words like "cover" and "appetite". Still rather road-weary....but I got going, though, and it all managed to exit the fingertips. I'm sorry for the long delay.

I read all of yours, so I'm up to speed -- and as per usual, thanks for the great inspiration from neno as to background.

I'm sad about BIAD, too. Boo.....!!
And so much for cabin-raising, eh?

...so. Onward, yes? I'm excited to see where Newman and Silo go from here!
Please let me know if I need to delete/rearrange anything in the posts...

edit on 20-6-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I agree - BIAD's whole gig is 'sob'...

As for Dag - AGHHHHHHH!!! Please don't keep us on pins - tell us just what kind of 'man-trap' she landed in and how there's no way she can get out. This 'person' (Wild I take it?) that told Ben? Let's get specific! LOL! I have a neeeeed to know.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 359  360  361    363  364  365 >>

join