It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Originally posted by loam
Fortunately, the Bengai rebel leader received the confirmation he desired, and Cadbury was safely delivered to the Mossian-Slea Embassy.

Hope you didn't mind my dispensing with the whole new "complication" thing in a single sentence.

loam really does need a rest.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Welcome Slayer!

So glad to see you are both staying QA & Cindymars!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Question to Nature -

Will the discussion thread be closed to the *public*?

If I read it right we would be discussing epic story lines here in this thread.

Wouldn't want to give anything away...

???

Thanks

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Welcome Slayer, glad you're on board. The more of you humans there are the more jerky I'll be able to make to win Whisper's affection...

QA, Cindy, and Silo... if any of you leave I think Scurvy would be quite upset. He would stalk you to the ends of the multiverses and make jerky out of you too!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Probably what I'll do is save the code for it to a text file, then copy and paste for every post, instead of hunt it down and take it from there. That way, all I have to do is get it right ONCE...

That is what I'm doing.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Slayer69:
"caveo Nos es non promptus! vicis est intensely near. Orbis terrarum must nunquam teneo quam nos mos preoccupo"

Beware us you are not prepared! Change is intensely near. The Earth must never know why we worry.

Quite Lyrical.

Welcome aboard.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Studious]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

I will be playing "Sponge Bob Square Pants" jellyfishing episodes in the bar just for you Scurvy!

Thanks not leaving at the moment. Stories to unfold.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
SILO!!!!!I have CXHILLS at your idea! Oh it almost sent me psycologically into my character! I am honored and yes after my u2u stops flooding I will respond, but check out my first post on page one for some ideas, and I trust you to simply flow with your creativity.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You said what I have also been thinking. Please lock this discussion thread from all outside eyes private and public...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Test Test

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

OMG! Whatever that is....it doesn't look good.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by loam]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

OMGS loam - I so desperately needed a laugh today. Thanks for that!!

Edit: I had to edit a one line post? Jeez I am so 'off' today

[edit on 3/27/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Question to Nature -

Will the discussion thread be closed to the *public*?

If I read it right we would be discussing epic story lines here in this thread.

Wouldn't want to give anything away...

Other than perhaps taking things to U2U's, I can't see how we can keep people from reading what's being planned here.

One thing we DO have in our favour is that only writers may post on this thread and, you may have noticed that the only ones who DO post here are those who are interested in joining this merry pile of tentacles and humans.

Sorry... but the 'invisible thread' idea just can't happen. Nice idea, though, I'll admit.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Regarding images: how do you get your images large?

When I upload them to the media portal they are shrunk and framed in that black box.

Ok and spelling:
Planet is Rigel so Rigellian?
Yes/no????

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

As far as the readers viewing this thread, if they want to spoil their fun, so be it. Its like snooping out your Christmas presents before Christmas...Hannakah, Kwanza, The Birth of King Zorp...you get my drift.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? ... Scurvybob Square Pants!

P.S. Scurvybob needs Patrick and Gary equivalents, now hiring at the Krappy Patty.

[edit on 27/3/2009 by Scurvy]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
Regarding images: how do you get your images large?

When I upload them to the media portal they are shrunk and framed in that black box.

If you keep them under 640x480 I don't think they get resized.

Originally posted by cindymars
Ok and spelling:
Planet is Rigel so Rigellian?
Yes/no????

Hmmm...not sure. I noticed alternate spellings in a number of places. It get's hard to find where these things first show up.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I use Rigel, Rigellian, Betelgeuss, Betelgeussian, and Yydryl. Oh and my favourite, gwark. as coined by Whisper.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Awesome post Cindymars! Someday I'll get on the embedding images bandwagon but, I'm sitting here in Bedrock on dial up and an AOL connection...need I say more? This chic needs satellite NOW. You'd think living in Indy we'd have DSL everywhere but nooooo.

I'm enjoying your posts but must admit, seeing my real life name throws me from time to time
Personally, I go by Cyn but still use to seeing Cindy everywhere

Your avatar goes perfectly with the oprea as well. Loved the pic of your homeland, reminded me of LOTR.

Again, glad to have you aboard and looking forward to drinking, er working with you!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Wow. I go to sleep for 12 hours and you guys churn out so much new stuff it's almost overwhelming. lol

Slayer - welcome aboard, I hope you'll enjoy being our new Chief Engineer.

JohnQ - sorry to see you go man, but I understand.

I love the new rules system - the badges are kinda weird - I can see both sides of the debate - 1) Easier identification 2) Redundancy in titles.

For instance - on the Penelope - I felt I was left to creative license who/how many - my crew were going to be. While for sure - neno and Studious "could" wear the same badge - Studious is the Marine Commander, not the Security Chief. Maybe make new ones?!?

Good ideas all around though - I'm still catching up on everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join