It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 355
<< 352  353  354    356  357  358 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

will we be required to dress-up in those tight-leather
corset-things and heavy make-up?

Required? Never!! I hate heavy make-up.

Here's an image I found this morning -- sorry I don't have the graphics ability to design my own and have to borrow others' illustrations, but, it is what it is. I guess I could use pencil and paper and scan in my designs, old-timey style....erm...Steampunk style...
heh heh

No trees, maybe this is a city on the tundra that Neno described, north of the swampy jungle...and one loner up there sees what's happening...she DOES have a plane, but it doesn't go into orbit...

never mind that the silhouette looks like a man...it isn't. Something like this....to be tweaked....

And her name is Wild.

What do you guys think?
edit on 25-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I love it!
I'll sort out some images that incorperate the ones here -if that's okay?

The goggles... will BIAD have to wear the goggles?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Of course it's okay!! That close-up is cropped -- I tried it on as an avatar a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can dredge up the original version....

BIAD can have any wardrobe he likes!! If he needs them to disguise his ... erm...facial features, he can, I guess, like the huge dark glasses at the carnival...and as for heavy makeup, well, he already does the lipstick and nails. Nothing more to it for him!

As I was musing this morning before rising I thought of integrating one of my other hobbies into my new character...she is a seamstress who uses old garments to refashion them into other garments. Mismatched at times, but artistically pleasing. One-of-a-kind reused/recycled togs, and decorated with beads and embroidery and sundry shiny things.

Each piece is a functional work of art...wearable art. It's fun....

edit on 25-5-2012 by wildtimes because: permission not required...those are images from free download sites!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

He can play with them, though....this pair especially seems his style:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by nenothtu

He too eats mice... if that's the correct answer!

And Birds! I can't get rid of the image of BIAD eating that bird, feathers and all, from one of your first posts in the Opera. I've tried brain washing and everything, and nothing works. As a side note, the suds from the brainwashing won't come out of my ears, no matter which side I lay on!

For me, I was what they call over here - in those days 'a wrong 'un'
I was always in fights, getting locked up and running with the wrongs sorts.
I was placed in the 'brainy-class' because some of the teachers believed I
was burying my so-called intelligence just so I could fit-in with the folks I
had grown up with.

They call that "being contrary" up in the hills. I was "contrary", and had some brushes, but found the cops to be generally nice folks - as long as you weren't trying to take them out at the time. They seemed to take umbrage at that sort of thing. I once spent a half a day running from a truant officer (who had previously been my probation officer) when I didn't have to. I just thought it would be a lark to see how much brush he'd crash through to try and get me. He didn't catch me then, but later in the day I was sitting in the yard of a friend when he drove by. I grinned and waved at him, causing an immediate squeal of brakes and some truly heroic driving maneuvers. He pulled up in the drive way, I was still sitting there, and it was only then that he found out I wasn't supposed to be in school at the time he was chasing me anyhow! Imagine his chagrin!

Not too long ago, a fiend of mine gave some of my written scrawl to a shrink
-he knew and thought that she'd enjoy the yarns.

I turned in a short story to Bob Gingrich in a creative writing class I was taking under him. It was a war story called "Warpaint". He read it, and commented "Horrifying. This is a grisly tale, but it has potential". It's gone through around 30 re-writes since then! My (at the time) wife was studying psychology at the same university at the time, but I dared not let the shrinks read it. I don't know what the dungeon under the Psych building looks like, and I didn't want to find out!

edit on 2012/5/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Too bad I grew up in the boring midwest of the USA....not nearly the glamour and drama of your exotic roots!! I did my best to make a shambles of it, though. Came out the other side...still ducking and swinging....and still walk like a dancer, they tell me. A Ballet dancer, that is.

How boring an cow-tipping be? I mean, it's COWS, and they TIP!

A ballet dancer you say? I KNEW there was some reason I was scared of you! My son once asked me what made me so "graceful", and I said "Graceful? I just dance when I walk like that to keep from falling down!"

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

They call that "being contrary" up in the hills. I was "contrary", and had some brushes,
but found the cops to be generally nice folks -as long as you weren't trying to take them out at the time.

For me, I found them okay-guys and one of my friends is an ex-drugs cop.
I also found that my talents in lay in that area of getting in their way!

EDIT: My tale involved a female English Teacher and a rather amorous version of the guy
I was pretending to be... it didn't go down well

But still, I might wear the goggles and so, that's okay.

edit on 25-5-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What if this force DOES get to The Yydryl, your idea of another craft from the planet's
surface may have to come into-play or we're marooned!

(Oh goody, this is where I get to do my Scooby-Doo Strange-Lighthouse Man voice!)

"Thar'll be no one leavin' the island tonight... thar bridge is out, yar"

Yydryl is a "bio-ship", so I'm not sure how much metal there is there to BE dissolved. Judging from Silo's problem of having to get the people out of the Deson Fighter without it contacting Yydryl, however, there's probably enough to make a dent. maybe Yydryl knows that and is going to skedaddle and leave her crew stranded? THAT wouldn't be very nice of her!

They might have to crash-land in the ocean, but that presents it's own problems - there be monsters in them thar waters!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

If that occurred, The Yydryl fleeing I mean, does that mean we will have to
pay you room-and-board?
It's your turf!

Oh, and what if there is a city further North...? as Wildtimes proposed,
that's a helluva lot of back-rent waiting!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

ALL of neno's duds in my avatar, and in the images I've done of him for the Opera, are "Steampunk", with the exception of the hat, the cigar, and the pistol. The hat is one that nearly any kind of hat can be made of, by dialing up some morphs, the pistol is a Civil War "Griswold", in honor of Bohannon from "Hell on Wheels", and the cigar... well, to paraphrase Freud, "some times a cigar is just a cigar"!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

well, to paraphrase Freud, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"!

You are terrible!

The handgun that BIAD used in the underground fight was from the Steampunk
area, I tried to bring the trend into the city episodes when BIAD dressed in top hat
and tails, but the story demanded to go faster!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Here's an image I found this morning -- sorry I don't have the graphics ability to design my own and have to borrow others' illustrations, but, it is what it is. I guess I could use pencil and paper and scan in my designs, old-timey style....erm...Steampunk style...
heh heh

No trees, maybe this is a city on the tundra that Neno described, north of the swampy jungle...and one loner up there sees what's happening

Whoa! THAT'S IT - That's the ticket! She's on the top of one of those towers, looking at the ruins. Yes, it appear to be in one of the more northern (or southern) biomes...

...she DOES have a plane, but it doesn't go into orbit...

It appears to be coal-powered...

never mind that the silhouette looks like a man...it isn't. Something like this....to be tweaked....

And her name is Wild.

What do you guys think?

It works for me. Khalamzadar is getting crowded with derelicts, wayfarers, and shpwreck-ees, and now potentially a remnant population.. unless she's another stranded traveler who has re-engineered a local contraption to run on coal!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I love it!
I'll sort out some images that incorperate the ones here -if that's okay?

'Course not! What would he goggle into 'em? he's got no eyes!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

...What would he goggle into 'em? he's got no eyes!

That -my friend, is what keeps me awake at night!

edit on 25-5-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

If that occurred, The Yydryl fleeing I mean, does that mean we will have to
pay you room-and-board?
It's your turf!

Nah. I'm toying with the idea of handing out parcels of land to anyone that will settle and hold them - it's the tax revenue I'm after, you know, rather than venturing into real estate!

Oh, and what if there is a city further North...? as Wildtimes proposed,
that's a helluva lot of back-rent waiting!

There are abandoned cities all over the planet - it was a planet wide civilization that just vanished. I don't know where they went, or why. Some of the cities have tunnels under them, and I don't know where THOSE go, either! Remember - neno was stranded there, mostly on foot, so he didn't roam the whole planet - just a few days or months walk away from his base. The survey ship that rescued him registered no signs of intelligent life, so the civilization is "dead", but there COULD be feral remnants of it.

Think of how far you could explore on foot on Earth in a couple months walk, and realize that KZ-4 has 125% or so more surface area. there's a lot out there that hasn't been discovered!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I was actually apprised that Steampunk is an entire franchise only recently - I though it was an aberration when I found neno's duds. I've yet to try researching it, but it appears there's a lot to be mined!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Awww what happened to the first 'Wild' - she was really cool. (The first pic you posted).

Anyway - normally in the Opera we need the 'creators' permission to kill someone off. If you've the demise of Dag in mind? Don't hesitate on my account - I turned her over to you and if you want to 'end' her - it's your choice.

Maybe there's a spot in the story for her to 'save' the crew stuck in the Deson Fighter dying a heroines death???

Disregard the U2U I sent - says pretty much the same thing.

edit on 25-5-2012 by silo13 because: Cap on Deson Fighter

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

THAT Damned-dirty nose, it's playing havoc with my brushes!
I'm trying to get the girl without the dirt on he visage!!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It looks like she was wearing her goggles while stoking the coal-fired boiler for that flying contraption!

I have to specify "coal fired", since I'm acquainted with a boiler around here that runs on sawdust! It operates at a sawmill to run the kilns for drying the lumber, and they fire it with the sawdust produced when the trees are converted into lumber. Waste not, want not!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I was once a pipe-fitters mate in my early years and we had to over-all a
boiler in a large mansion, it was haybale -fed!!

new topics

top topics

<< 352  353  354    356  357  358 >>

join