It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 346
<< 343  344  345    347  348  349 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

WHAT IN THE SAM HILL IS GOING ON HERE??!!

We're all going at it from different directions and it'll all come together at some point - like it always does.

We've never been regulated and never been structured. Some feel that's the beauty of the collaboration.

peace

edit on 13-5-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by silo13

Done!

The way to create matter from nothing is quite easy...
just put the words below in any order.

Negative gravity, antielectrons, antiprotons, Antineutrinos, Magneto Optical Trap and
two elastic bands.

edit on 12-5-2012 by A boy in a dress because: I have a reason, but I left it in Edit Room.

OMG! You forgot the Quantum Erosional Control Chip (TM) ! You're gonna need that in place, or the antiprotons suspended in the NegGrav bottle inside the Magneto Optical Trap (the one isolated in the magnetic field torus, not the other one) could lead to a Catastrophic Annihilation Event!

ETA: I have an Economy Model Butler. He doesn't smoke kippers. He claims he can't keep them lit, so opts for a pipe instead.

edit on 2012/5/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I don't know where Tibbs is, or what BIAD's doing, .......
or have any inkling of where we're heading for a resolution with the
Tree of Life and the Wolves/phantom neno.

Tibbs is 'banging' about the Ship and it seems she has called on him
to assist in creating a solid-form for her.
The Tree is far away on the otherside of the Universe, The Carimono
character has begun his plan to 'own' the Tree that will help Nenothtu
become King of... well, everything and this shady-character is looking
to undermine Neno when he gets to Khala.. Kalam... that planet!

BIAD is struggling with messages from beyond, warnings of things-to come
or juggling with the logic of who's right and who's wrong... it's going on in his
head.
(In reality, the Man/Girl is preparing a snail-race in my back garden and he's
assured me a crowd will congregate for the event!)

Hope this helps!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

OMG! You forgot the Quantum Erosional Control Chip (TM) ! You're gonna need that in place,
or the antiprotons suspended in the NegGrav bottle inside the Magneto Optical Trap
(the one isolated in the magnetic field torus, not the other one) could lead to a Catastrophic
Annihilation Event!

I was gonna mention the Quantum Erosional-thing, but I didn't want to get too technical.

There's also the roll of sticky-backed plastic, but many scientists consider that optional.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I was gonna mention the Quantum Erosional-thing, but I didn't want to get too technical.

There's also the roll of sticky-backed plastic, but many scientists consider that optional.

Those same 'scientists' who consider that optional - the charlatans! - some times cut corners by using double-sided tape instead of the approved duct tape to hold the Solangian Quantizer Coils together! I know that some day one of them is going to go too far, use one of the cheap brands, and the entire universe is going to implode back into a singularity in another dimension because of it, instantly erasing all life in the universe!

Stupid scientists!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I agree that scientists do tend to run -instead of walking to their goal and
I for one, will be not going to the White-Coat-And-Spectacles Gala, this year
because of their behaviour.

Stupid scientists!

Thankfully, there's an old woman near me who can read futures with playing
-cards. I think they call her a 'Gambler' or something.
Do they still utilise a tractor-battery still...? Like that Hadron Collider-thing?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I have one of those old crone witchy gamblers nearby, too. She always has money close to hand somehow, and people refer to he as a "loan shark", but I can't see what all the fuss is about - her teeth look just the same as anyone's!

Wasn't Hadrian's Collider built somewhere around the Solway Firth? I hear there are several tractor batteries used in and around Hadrian's Collider!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Have you hooked up with Leverage yet? Same bat-network, same bat-writing...you are Elliott Spencer....check it out!!
TNT...1pm is Leverage, 2pm is The Closer....Central tiime.
"Check your local listings"....

I tracked down TNT on Dish - it's channel 138. 1 PM Central is high noon local. Is this weekdays or any certain day? I'm zeroing in on it.....

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The reruns are at 1pm....weekdays.
The new season starts in the summer (June or July?)...I expect TNT will run "marathons" of it before then, they generally focus on getting folks "up to speed" or "hooking them in" with back-to-back-to-back-to-back episodes a few days before launching the new season...

Really fun show.

Bunch of "reformed" expert world-class criminals, who don't always get along, but work as a Robin Hood kind of gang to right the wrongs of the evil rich and powerful...he heh. Great mix of very different characters, each with a necessary skill.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

(In reality, the Man/Girl is preparing a snail-race in my back garden and he's
assured me a crowd will congregate for the event!)

And they WILL! I had a snail compound as a little girl...under a pine tree waaay at the back of our yard. They were very grateful when I came in and built structures for them, and small fences, and helped them get organized. BIAD has a true gift!

Yes, thanks for the updates...
That does help.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks, neno, for your post. Somehow you always get the gears churning for me!!

Post is up. Gert will be back, but not necessarily recognizable to anyone except Muckles and Dag...heh heh heh...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Okay, then....chaotic fencing improv it is!! Not a problem, I can certainly hold my own either way.
Thanks for clarifying.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I have one of those old crone witchy gamblers nearby, too.
She always has money close to hand somehow, and people
refer to he as a "loan shark", but I can't see what all the fuss
is about - her teeth look just the same as anyone's!

Yes... I know what you mean, I discovered that my late-Grandmother
was apparantly a 'Bookies Runner' and yet, from memory I don't recall
ever wearing trackshoes or seeing her in one of those flimsy vests.

Wasn't Hadrian's Collider built somewhere around the Solway Firth?
I hear there are several tractor batteries used in and around Hadrian's Collider!

Yes, any historical book on The British Isles always mentions Hadrian's Collider.
As you've said, from The Solway Firth (who also starred in the movie 'The Kings
Speech')... to WallsEnd in the East, the Collider winds it's way across the green
countryside.
Out there in the wilds of Northumberland and Cumbria, tractors rule the highways
and byways... slowing tourist's trips and leaving the aromatic aroma of cow manure
across the small villages and towns.

One of the Collider's stop-offs is Hexham and to paranormal researchers, Hexham is
famous for the 'Hexham Heads'
Source.

Another place that this enigmatic machine wriggles through is Burgh Marsh.
Again, the researchers adorned in windcheaters and hiking boots will know of
this particular place. The Cumbrian Spaceman photo mystery.
Source.

Edit: A well-known Superstore called Tesco's resides close by in Gateshead and anyone
having read some of Nenothtu's encounters on another thread, will know why I mention it!
edit on 13-5-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Here's an image of the back of neno's head, driving the Starwolf towards the zero-zero point on the planet:

Trying to work out a couple for my next post. If you look at the planet right above his right ear, you'll see a hurricane charging towards landfall. Violent weather happens there fairly frequently, on account of the temperature, the fast spin-rate (15 hour days instead of 24), and the thicker, wetter atmosphere.

ETA: Post is up. I'm trying to find a suitable set of ruins to show a city poking out of the jungle from the air, but don't know how well that's going to work out yet.

edit on 2012/5/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There's an excellent chance my head may explode. Vegas would not take the odds against it. The odds would not be better if I had been packing my ears full of nitroglycerine.

26 hours, 58 minutes, 43 seconds this machine is sitting here chugging away. It's chugging along so hard that it can't do ANYTHING else. Can't even go online for that time, it's making such thorough use of the resources available to the computer. It's drawing a picture of the surface of the planet with the tops of a city sticking out of the trees. Sure, there are a couple of problems - the buildings are turning out solid black, and there is a square covering 1/112th of the picture that fails to render at all, but overall it's getting the job done with a couple of problems I can probably fix relatively easily.

26 hours, 58 minutes, 43 seconds it doing this. Then, when it's done, the program crashes. Crashes HARD. Loses all that work.

DAM-MIT!

Back to the drawing board....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

DAM-MIT!

Back to the drawing board....

Aw
That really sucks......
yeah, I just had a nice hot bath....all sorts of ideas and plans rolling around in my head.....
I think, "I'ma dry off and write this stuff down!! It's awesome!!" .... has to do with Ben and Brittle meeting Muckles and Dag.....so, I quit the bath......
and now,
DAM-MIT!!
What was I gonna write??!!
Ughhhhh....
it had Sslar in it....and Adam getting brought aboard....
and Muckles noticing that Tibbs is "awol"......and Brittle meeting Dag again....and also being introduced to Adam, who might just try to win her back.....(erm...)....

Oh oh!!
but she learns that Brittle is the 'man' she's supposed to be guarding....

and Ben decides that Neno et al need company....
so the lot of them (Ben, Brittle, Sslar, Dag, Muckles, and Adam) head out in Cecilia to meet up with the Starwolf crew....
on Kalhamdazar (?)......

Oh well, I least I got the gist of it written here, so tomorrow I can build on it.
Cheers!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Keep in mind that the shot folk, including Sslar, are still out of action and on the injured list, which is why neno didn't take Sslar with him to begin with. The idea crossed my mind - what's not to feel great about, having a 400 pound or so feline with giant teeth on hand in a potentially hostile environment on a planet that will likely try to kill you? In the end, I couldn't do it, because she's still injured. I had toyed with the idea of having her just show up in the hangar vay, hobbling and trailing tubes and wires, rarin' to go even if not able, but trashed the idea.

I'm going to drop back and punt on the picture - cut back on quality and resolution to reduce render overhead and time, set it to go, and see what churns out the other end of the machine. I had already saved all the scene parameters, so only have to tweak the output settings. I learned long ago to save the scene first, because I have a habit of pushing my computers harder than they can run...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
RE: BIAD's assessment of the nenothtu character. On the dot, a "Josie Wales" sort, who "leads without leading". Neno is actually OPPOSED to leading anything at all, especially now that he's separated from the service and put that behind him, but some times people will follow a man, whether he WANTS to lead them or not, and by default he ends up "leading" merely because someone is following. When that happens, it frequently follows that he will issue directives to them out of a sense of responsibility - he didn't ask or order them to follow, but since they do anyhow, he feels a sense of responsibility if they follow him into a meat-grinder, and will all of a sudden, for no good reason, get "bossy" because he feels a responsibility to keep them alive.

Then he winds up "leading without leading", whether he wanted to or not. Oddly enough, it some times happens in the real world like that, too!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

the shot folk, including Sslar, are still out of action and on the injured list, which is why neno didn't take Sslar with him to begin with. The idea crossed my mind - what's not to feel great about, having a 400 pound or so feline with giant teeth on hand in a potentially hostile environment on a planet that will likely try to kill you?

Okay, cool!!

So.....what about the Cecilia crew minus Sslar coming after you??
We'll leave Sslar and Adam (tending her).....
Or would you rather have a private bit on K?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

a "Josie Wales" sort, who "leads without leading". Neno is actually OPPOSED to leading anything at all, especially now that he's separated from the service and put that behind him, but some times people will follow a man, whether he WANTS to lead them or not, and by default he ends up "leading" merely because someone is following.

Heh heh....sounds like my husband....the "leader of the pack"....because the others just are, well, following him, and counting on him reading the map, navigating, watching the weather, kicking the tires while they eat......

I get it. Yeah, I get it, no worries...

new topics

top topics

<< 343  344  345    347  348  349 >>

join