It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 345
<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by nenothtu

I'm not sure what you're referring to - Andromeda - USA television - That's beyond me...

Andromeda Series

Ship wants 'physical'. We know that.
Ship is resolved to getting what she wants. We know that too.
At the moment? She's not happy but she's 'settling' with hologram 'being'.

Why?

It's a means to an end.

Think bands. Bands of... '______________' Ship's goal? That which would turn light into the physical? (Or destroy everything in the process)???

9th ray technology

Tell me I didn't just blow your mind.

No, you did. My entire head just exploded, all over the mantlepiece!

Is the 9th Ray technology something like the 13th Warrior?

If Ship leaves Ship to become physical, what happens to Ship? Does it just wither and die?

edit on 2012/5/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Nope - 9th ray technology.

You can hear only a tiny little clip about it here - and I mean tiny little blurb.

At tick: 1:38:22

Electromagnetic spectrum is composed of 7 rays = infrared, red, orange, yellow, green etc.

(Burrows) posited on the other end of the spectrum, beyond the violet and ultra violet there were and 8th and a 9th ray which was the basis for super physics and super technology.

This technology, this physics is either able to do super incredible positive things - save/build a planet (person) back to it’s original form and pristine condition - or destroy it.

Hyper dimensional and torsion field physics at it‘s best.

Here I thought I'd stumbled into something fantastic.

Maybe it is - maybe it isn't! But it's got me dog-pointing in the direction of something along it's lines to help Ship.

If Ship leaves Ship to become physical, what happens to Ship? Does it just wither and die?

Wouldn't that just suck. LOL. Yeah, probably she would sooooo we'll end up sticking with a hologram I'm sure. For now at least. Maybe. Who the hell knows, lol.

Happy Friday!
edit on 11-5-2012 by silo13 because: salutation!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Ah yes - Professor Moriarty! What an evil genius - especially for a synthetic creation!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think electromasgnetism may not be the way to go, since it's fairly well understood - at least better understood than many other forces.

One, possibly related notion you may want to explore in connection with the situation is Claude Swanson's "Life Force", which he postulated to be one of the elemental subatomic forces, like gravity and the weak and strong forces. He relates it to yin and yang, "chi", "prana", etc, and claims it is the motivating force in things like qui gong and faith healing, and that it can do much, MUCH more. I posted earlier about it, in this post. He says it is the reason that qui gong masters can bounce you off the walls without ever touching you, why Uri Geller could bend spoons, etc He's a Princeton physicist, and did his undergrad physics work at MIT, so he ain't no fly by night slouch - although I question his constant use of the term "western physics", as if the laws of physics change when you cross the International Date Line.

I heard about him when he was on Coast to Coast one night this weekend, and I was out running patrols. It may be worth your while to check into it regarding the corporealization of Ship.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Yes, you may be right - but I'm so interested in finding out more about this 9th ray 'stuff'... Sounds too interesting to pass up.

Regardless I doubt we're ever going to see Ship in anything more than hologram form. Sad for her but that's life I suppose...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Yes, you may be right - but I'm so interested in finding out more about this 9th ray 'stuff'... Sounds too interesting to pass up.

Regardless I doubt we're ever going to see Ship in anything more than hologram form. Sad for her but that's life I suppose...

One other possibility is a transference to a biomechanical cyborg, along the lines of Margo. We know that is a possibility in the Space Opera universe, because Margo had it done to transfer her conscious into a more durable container. Likewise, it's possible for Yydryl to transfer HER conscious into a smaller, quad-limbed container. The technology already exists there for that.

IF she does that, though, what becomes of Ship? Being a living organism, would ship "die" without Yydryl's "soul"? Is there a possibility of a reverse-transplant... meaning while Yydryl's essence inhabits a biomechanical shell, can an advanced AI be installed into ship to maintain HER biomechanical funtions? One case would be akin to a brain-in-a-machine, and the other would be akin to a machine-in-a-body. I can't see why that would be impossible - if it can be done in one direction, why not the other?

Something to consider.

Relative to the "9th ray", the guy seems to be considering just the light portion of the E-M spectrum. he mentions red - orange - yellow - green - blue - indigo - violet which is the visible spectrum of light in order from longer wavelengths to shorter. At either end of that spectrum is more light - just not visible (to humans ) light. On the lower, long-wavelength end is infrared, and at the upper, short-wavelength end is ultraviolet (UV has had occasion, now and then, to give BIAD and I fits!). With the 7 visible colors, and those two INVISIBLE ones, we get a total of.... TA DA! nine "rays". Going much further either up or down the spectrum, we run into radio waves, microwaves, etc. - bit STILL electromagnetic. That confusion may have been the source of the contention that light can be picked up on radio equipment that gave BIAD and I such headaches. Yes, it's all electromagnetic, but the tuning is important - you can't pick up light freqs on equipment tuned to receive radio freqs...

Anyhow, I'm working on a post to try to explain my ideas on the matter somewhat better by expanding on the "Conversations with Dead Margot" series of dream sequences, incorporating Swanson's "life force" into what Margot has already tried to explain of esoterics and the physics of magic and parapsychology to poor befuddled neno. much, MUCH earlier in the story.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Thank you Neno - I"m learning a lot.

Mostly though what I'm trying to do is just get the ducks in a row so we can move on with BIAD's master plan. As you know I can't stand 'lose ends' and the 'sisters' to me were a lose end. Soon, after this next post they will not be any longer.

We'll have Carpet - Newman, the ATS to Ship.
Silo13 personal attendant.
Chumley and a little by story there.
The Sisters strewn throughout Ship as living crew to help delegate droids.

From there? I dunno but we're ready to go! I hope, lol.

Oh, and a little seeding going on about the past and CindyMars etc that will be there to use later.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have a posting that will make our host-pinocchio into a real-life female.
Do you wish it to be posted?

BIAD has been swatting-up on how to do it!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I don't see why not. We've left Ship in hologram form with Silo readying to help her 'learn' to be more 'realistic' - maybe you can work that wee part in to the transformation?

Ewwwww, this is gonna be cool!

edit on 12-5-2012 by silo13 because: bold

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Done!

The way to create matter from nothing is quite easy...
just put the words below in any order.

Negative gravity, antielectrons, antiprotons, Antineutrinos, Magneto Optical Trap and
two elastic bands.

edit on 12-5-2012 by A boy in a dress because: I have a reason, but I left it in Edit Room.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I'm feeling really rotten.
Don't get me wrong - I think your post is great.

But - Ship - not being - Ship.

Now that it's here, that it's happened? There's something so fundamentally wrong - wrong wrong wrong here. Especially after she just set Silo up to help her with the hologram. It just doesn't work.

Tell me if it's just me? Cause I've got the 'Captain' of the Ship fears creeping in also.

No no no no no - I don't think this is gonna work.
What do you think?

Should we make it a 'dream scene'? Can you make it a dream scene and Ship 'wakes up' back working things out with Silo in hologram form?

I'm going back to re-read your post...

Ok I'm babbling here... EEEEEEEEEEK!
edit on 12-5-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

May I ask... when you awoke this morning and after nodding to your Butler
to smoke those kippers for breakfast and pour the champagne, did you dress
and dwell on what the day may bring?

Two tasks at once.... Ship can do the same thing. The female can busy herself
with slapping make-up on her fizzogg, sniping about the young gal in the next booth of the
typing-pool and wondering what your guy will want for supper, later on.

See...? BIAD knows women.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

NO I DIDN'T! LOL. I don't even eat small stinky fish for breakfast. That's disgusting. And I'm out of champagne even though tomorrows my birthday. And I don't have a fizz-whatever to slap makeup on - unless I get it after this birthday. Soooooo, sooo... WEll...

Yeah, I have a severe case of remorse at the moment. Its' scary. Really.

Tell me if you'd be so kind what you think of something like the below. It's not edited at all but something that came volcano-ing out...so to speak..

~*~ To be, or not...to be... ~*~

‘It’ll be as easy as that.’ Tibbs snapped his fingers then yawned for the third time before the viewing screen in the back of Silo’s quarters went blank.

From the center of the room in hologram form Ship watched the simulation her features revealing nothing of the fear and excitement she felt seeing her life, the possibilities of her life being played out on the big screen.

‘But it’s just so wrong!’ Silo snarled again from where she paced back and forth between the hologram of Ship and Tibb’s who at that very moment was ready to fire up his 'machine' and make what they’d just seen on the screen - a reality.

Mucklebones started pacing with Silo. She’d been sitting too long her poncho it‘s seams leaving creases in her stork like legs already crisscrossed with the spider webs of time.

‘Listen to her Tibbs!‘ Muckles chortled. ‘This little missy and me knows things. Now we never seen right eye to eye...’ Muckles spun on her heal in military precision alongside Silo, ’But now! Now we both knows this is just a wrong thing ta do. Just wrong. Wrong wrong.’ She hooted as Silo healed again, ’You betcha. This whole idea? It’s gonna twist some turns that need straightening out and put some...creases in places that they just don’t belong.’ Muckles sighed rubbing her legs. ’Noooo Tibbs - this whole idea? It might just even put some creases in ...’ Time Muckle’s was about to finish before Tibbs cut her off with a slice of his hand through the air.

‘This is none of your concern. Either of you.’ He snorted. ’None at all.’ Pulling his glasses from his nose Tibbs spit on each lens and began to rub at them furiously with his sleeve.

‘Now wasn't that just the pure picture of gross.’ Muckles stopped pacing to watch Tibb’s scrubbing maniacally at his lenses.

‘Ahhem...’ Ship cleared her voice and waited for the others in the room to turn their attention back on her again.

‘I’ll think about it. All of you. Just let me think about it.’ She fled in fear the hologram exploding in a myriad of tiny stars that blacked out before they they hit the ground.

Deep in the bowels of Ship’s Center the smell of sulfur cut the air with a mighty crack. Allienna shivered the fear traveling down her smooth bark right down through her roots leaving her red gold leaves blowing hard in the wind.

The lightening had come so close that time. So close.

And, well - the good side? At least we know this is possible right? That's ALL GOOD and not a waste of your time and it is wicked cool what you've done. Now at least Ship doesn't have to 'go down with Ship' if she's ever in grave danger?

Right?
No?

edit on 12-5-2012 by silo13 because: removed unfair ammunition against men

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Wait, what??!! Muckles was in a dress in a fog in Cecilia, transporting herself, Dag, and Gert into a misty netherworld where all the answers would be found regarding Gert's, Muckles, and Dag's backgrounds....

now she's back in her poncho while Ship incarnates...?

Okay, I "snooze I lose" I guess...
I was wrangling with the hazing of Gert, which was where Muckles, she and Dag were....in Cecilia (or at least the portal was Cecilia), with Ben and Brittle about to climb in and see the show.

I've been wringing my brain to get it right and spent days working it up...so, to avoid wasting any more precious creative energy here..can you tell me, friends, were Tibbs and Muckles BOTH able to be two separate places at the same time?

I'm confused, and bummed now. It seems impossible for me to connect with this story-line, and I'm taking too long getting it sorted out in my head. So, you all carry on....I'm lost and unnecessary here.

I can't keep up or fit in after all!

edit on 12-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I read this part:

Cecilia's cockpit was beginning to cloud up rapidly with the smoke of the incense.

I've been back to re read a few times and I don't see where Cecilia had actually left Ship's flight deck?

As for Muckle's and Tibbs? Couldn't they have stepped out of the 'hazing' for a moment and now are back at it? Let Dag and Gert and etc 'stew' for a bit - whatever?

I can take Muckles and Tibb's OUT of the post above here in the WORKING THREAD if that will help. There's no reason I have to use them - I can make it a forward or memory scene. I can also write around what BIAD did to make that a forward or memory scene also. No problem.

These stumbling blocks happen occasionally in the Opera - the challenge is to write around it or - write it again. We've all been there I'm sorry to say. It happens.

I guess I'm confused where Cecilia actually is so I'm back to re-read your post again.

Edit to add: I went back through your last few posts and unless I need new glasses (which I do) I don't see where Cecelia went anywhere - the journey they're taking I thought was 'induced' by Muckle's little incense thing?

As for the poncho she can still have the skirt on with the pocket that held the incense and wear the poncho over it...

We can work it out. I've not even heard from BIAD what he thinks about my add on anyway.

edit on 12-5-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

...I've not even heard from BIAD what he thinks about my add on anyway.

Gulp! Sorry... I've been sorting a problem elsewhere.
The episode above is fine... retro the words abit and it should be okay.
As long as it portrays Ship has a solid now.

Poor Tibbs stuck among the chicks... you wouldn't wish it on yer' enemy!!!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No no - no rush, just letting W.T know I hadn't posted it yet and didn't know if I was going to.

Hope the sorting goes well.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I went back through your last few posts and unless I need new glasses (which I do) I don't see where Cecelia went anywhere - the journey they're taking I thought was 'induced' by Muckle's little incense thing?

As for the poncho she can still have the skirt on with the pocket that held the incense and wear the poncho over it...

They were in Cecilia's cockpit in a thick fog of smoke....I was imagining they faded into another dimension, where they are going to reveal secrets to Dag about Gert's past, and why she was on Vandalia.....like an overseeing universe-wide sorority....like the Bene Gesserit (from Dune)....
but was still working out exactly how I wanted to deal with it.

If there's no point in working it out, then that's that.

Of course I can work around it with no problem!! (lots of experience, heh!)
(still have my Space Opera Badge, you know!)

....If you want to post the incarnation scene, go head. Ship's crisis is perfectly fine for front and center attention! .....Up to you; if you decide you need it for the thing to work, no biggie!

Post it, and I'll figure something out. I didn't think we had the premise and various storylines sorted out yet, and was trying to keep you all updated on where I had everyone....Ben and Brittle, Muckles, Dag and Gert...all at Cecilia's slip in the docking bay. The gals may be "invisible" as they do their thing, but yeah, they were all there and very occupied.

I guess we're just not all working at the same pace here. It feels fractured in my head. I just don't know if I should shift gears with everyone else and pitch in there .... or continue to sorta stay out of the way. Just need to know, one way or another...you know, so I don't waste time and energy on useless drivel!

Just let me know if you want to keep it or not. I'm a couple days out on the hazing thing gelling, anyway...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Okay, team, I'm just gonna lay it out here...
Here's where your rookie-writer is stuck....It seemed to me that we barely got our crew safely away from Vandalia, with Pip, the girls, Gert, Margo, Brittle and Toby all aboard. There were crushes developing, relationships changing, a crisis just dealt with, and we all made it.

We got back and had a meeting. Silo was staying under the radar in the center with Pip where they were gonna build a cabin. Neno received news of a claim for the planet Kahlamdazar (sp?), and so that's where we were going, with a Tree-of-Life theme, where the tree is in the Center(?), and a bunch of ghostly wolves and a transparent version of neno and a guy named Corimmurnicrum (or something like that)...then the tree was on Kahl*, and we were headed for neno's nemesis/our new plot.

After that, this is what happened:

Carpet is a man, and Ship is pissed at him. He loved silo(?)
Adam goes to the Center and finds solace with silo.
Neno tells him to knock it off and make it right with Dag.
Silo and Pip go riding and Sslar gets shot, and Toby killed
Silo is in the Phars.
Carpet and neno bond and talk about Carpet's worries.
Neno moves to the Starwolf (somewhere in here?)
Adam operates on Sslar with a gun to his head, then punches neno.
Neno has reprimanded Pip and knows the pain the boy will be enduring,

neno is aparently is carnally reunited with Margo, who was jealous that Jeni came there, thinking Chumley in his suit was neno himself, and Chumley rescues her. Then neno and Margo make up(?), Pip is in the center(?) alone? Neno is caring for him?
Sslar is in ICU,
Ben has found Brittle and dragged him to his reckoning,
while Mucklebones and Gert and Dag are sorting things out...
as we approach the planet...
and were told to get suited up....
but now Ship is incarnating, and she and silo had a falling out,
and the girls were "loose ends" instead of "the crew we've wanted",
and Moriah was going to room with Jeni,
who Chumley is deceiving with Carpet's help,
Adam has ducked out,

I don't know where Tibbs is, or what BIAD's doing, ....... or have any inkling of where we're heading for a resolution with the Tree of Life and the Wolves/phantom neno.

I apologize if I have missed something crucial that is guiding us forward, I really do, but I'm utterly lost now. I have nothing to grip onto, and no goal in place.

It just seems to jump around with no closure, no cohesion....I have no doubt we can tie it all together, but I don't see how, unless we actually discuss timelines, objectives, general comings and goings, relationship futures (will they make up? will they break up? will they ...whatever...).and who is going to "check out" the NPCs for how long and to do what. Maybe we need to establish...okay, I need so-and-so for such-and-such until whenever.

But that's just my style. So without some kind of direction I sometimes get stuck....If it's more of a "bounce-off immediate interaction" than a "small groups" kind of plan, that's cool, too....
In fact, if Muckles is at Ship's incarnation that can be PART of the hazing, but then which of us is going to write for Muckles? What about Pip? And Sslar? Where did Adam go?

WHAT IN THE SAM HILL IS GOING ON HERE??!!

I can't get a grip on any one of those. I'm unsure of what is appropriate and what is not...I know nothing about CyndyMars, but I feel every day like....

wait. what now? ...but I thoug--....wasn't he...say what... she did? he what?....but if.... okay, erm....they were.....she's what?....but....but.....but...----

So, I was wondering if we might ask our one "reader" and mod, masqua, to give an opinion as a reader. We lack an objective reader's pov, and I think it's time we had one....maybe to help us regain our focus? Coach us? He may not have time, and if so, then maybe there are other "readers" who might give us an opinion, a critique or feedback...of what he or she would like to see focus on, which loose ends need addressing, what confusion needs clearing up...which tangent is most intriguing......

Not demanding it, just trying to think through how to get from here to there.....

Just my opinion. We can discuss, vote, dismiss, whatever. I just wanted to express my personal stuckedness and its wherefores.....however we decide to do it is fine....
teamwork outline goal-driven, or fencing improvisation to keep one another on our toes. as in "what if I said.....this! what would you say?" I'm fine with that, can do it well...it's what we do at the renaissance festival as performers...improv. But that's not the same as an overarching storyline in which all action and movement should be aimed in the same direction.

/writer's seizure processing and inner monologue

Cheers, all!

edit on 12-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join