It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 344
<< 341  342  343    345  346  347 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The only time I catch The Closer is on weekends, when I'm at work. Lots of time to fill between perimeter patrols, so without the tv and the microwave, and of course my trusty laptop and wireless radar-powered internets dongle gizzy, I'd be lost!. I've not seen Leverage, because evidently EVERYTHING I see there is "reruns". It's like being in another dimension, and only getting what signals leak through the membranes between dimensions!

My "local" tv at home actually originates around 10,000 miles out in space on the "Dish Network" satellite.Even my home internet has no wires or cables coming into the house, nor does my phone - I'm just not wired into the grid, so there isn't much for the Bad Guys to cut outside before an invasion! You know the old thrillers where the evil genius cuts the phone line before coming through a window? I learned from those!

I'll have to figure out which channel is TNT on Dish. I don't run channels much - usually just flip between about 3 out of however many hundred are there.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I think that as BIAD travels along with his companions, more-and-more
will come out about his Father's/Creator's demise and how he feels about
it.

Eventually, we're going to hog tie the bad guys and let BIAD have his wicked way with them....

This Carimono-guy (I still can't help myself from chortling at Neno's quote
above!)...

Camarones.... Calimari... it's getting on towards dinner time! El Camino... Camino Real... Cocomo... Crimson and Clover...

this guy is looking to 'assume' Nenothtu's place and the best place
to start is to look for weaknesses.
True, our gunslinging-pal is not only immortal -but also difficult to poke with
a stick. That means this chap will look to make Neno doubt, make him think
that if his friends around him forwn at his path, then he may be swayed towards
another point on the compass.
Then the Man From The End Of Time can work on becoming 'de-big-guy'

It should make good reading -to say the least!

Ah! A PsyOp! You're right, that REALLY ought to get interesting! He's assuming neno HAS a psychology, then?

edit on 2012/5/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Do you, then, Penelope former crewman, have any objections to her being revitalized or drawn into the story once again with new crew except for your so------
GASP....isn't he the guy that has to do with the Tree Alliena and the wolves??

BIAD!???

No, I don't have any objections - I just didn't feel up to running an entire starship with a crew of 15,500 all by my lonesome, so i "discharged" neno and sent him one way as a civilian, and the Penelope another in her military role.

I don't think Corbomite is Lt. James - he's probably taken over the security Functions of the Penelope, and that won't leave much free time for plotting the demise of deities and whatnot, not to mention patricide and dancing with wolves.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by A boy in a dress

True, our gunslinging-pal is not only immortal -but also difficult to poke with
a stick.

And Dangerous to poke with a stick!!

Oddly, perhaps, in the real world I normally sleep in the living room, in front of the fireplace and facing the front door - I don't like surprises, never have. For the last week or so, there has been something scurrying around and thumping in the chimney. I have no idea what, since it won't poke it's head out, but it sounds big - too big to have crawled in through the top. It's not Christmas, so I've no idea what it is, but if it ever comes out - ESPECIALLY while I'm sleeping, we'll see how that stick-poking business goes!

I mention this because as I was reading that part about poking neno with sticks, it suddenly sounded like it was going to try coming out the side of the chimney, and made a hell of a racket thumping around in there!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I mention this because as I was reading that part about poking neno with sticks,
it suddenly sounded like it was going to try coming out the side of the chimney,
and made a hell of a racket thumping around in there!

Oh heck, I was afraid of this... story plots leaking into real-time. It's happened
before.
I have a small garden shed, a folly -really with a little porch and windows. lights
surround the eaves and wind-chimes adorne the entrance.
BIAD agreed to keep the place tidy and it must have been two-weeks before I
saw what he was keeping in there.
It was a little old man with a long-white beard!

I told him... "BIAD, this is not Tibbs and you'll have to put it back where you found
it" -I said. The big bottom-lip stuck out in his disappointment as he replied " but I want
one... can't I keep it?"

That was year ago and I'm now rueing that day.
Two blondes upstairs, an inflatable green alien with sticky-out eyes, a rug that I'm sure
he found at the local tip and the ugly lady from down the street visiting in a green poncho.

I refused to wear the stetson he bought me for my birthday.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

hat was year ago and I'm now rueing that day.
Two blondes upstairs, an inflatable green alien with sticky-out eyes, a rug that I'm sure
he found at the local tip and the ugly lady from down the street visiting in a green poncho.

I refused to wear the stetson he bought me for my birthday.

Awww....

SPOIL-SPORT!!!!

Just....just....just put the damned hat on!!!
Mucks was all dressed up!! If you got a poncho,

...dude! you're bein' played!!!!

I still don't know where Dag, Mucks, Tibbs, Gert, Ben and Brittle are going....but they are not what you'd call 'content'.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

AhAHHahhh.....what if Dag can run the whole ship?? Runs it by her own? (heh heh....I had a Norwegian boyfriend for a while....he said "I built it by my own".....) Of course, he meant "on my own" as in "without help".....
But, if for Dag that's impossible (running the Penny herself) it's impossible! No questions asked..... Better no revival then......Pens is dead.......

ANYhoo......
let me know.Go or nogo, guys....(Muckles looks really nice in her new dress)....
Ben is a bit agitated, however (with Brittle dangling from Ben's outstretched arms and all)... what IS it with Brittle??
Ghaa...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Not a chance Dag can run it on her own - it's 2500 meters long, with a crew compliment of 15,500, and if she could manage to somehow wrest control, and kill off the crew, the UEF would blow the ship right out of space! They're not too kind to hijacked boats... just ask the NI contingent that we obliterated! THAT episode surely ruffled some feathers! I'd post a picture of the Penelope, but all the ones I made were in my old picture account, which I cannot get into any more.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Not a chance Dag can run it on her own -

....okay, then....good to know....
where would you imagine they all are, then!????
Like I said....I'm stuck.

A hazing....hazing....hazing......

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I have a small garden shed, a folly -really with a little porch and windows. lights
surround the eaves and wind-chimes adorne the entrance.

Aww....can I have it when you're done with it??
I can trade you a treehouse I built with hand-tools, from scratch....
has skylights, casement windows, everything!!

A ground-level entrance on the west, but the east window looks out over a .... erm....20 foot.....(uh,....5 meters? 4 meters?) drop off .....
nice hammock roost in the vaulted ceiling....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
NOTES: Well there it is.

Ship and Silo are still estranged.

Ship's forgiven 'Newman' (Carpet) to the point of giving him a position aboard the Yydryl. He'll be 'running' the daily mechanisms of Ship giving her time to 'learn' to expose herself as much as possible in hologram form.

It was settled long ago in the story line Ship's main drive for 'being' is just that - to be. To be real. To 'become'. To do what Carpet has done - rise up out of the floor and take shape. Deson was 'trying' to make this possible - undertaking the making of the 'U-man' suits. We don't know why Ship can't use a U-Man suit. Yet. Or if she ever will be able to. For now she'd stuck in hologram form and needs to learn to 'make' herself 'be' there.

- Any ideas why Ship wouldn't be able to 'detach' her core from herself (The Yydryl) as Carpet has to go off in a Suit? Is she just too complex? Or not complex enough? Carpet was using her as a host there's a difference there of course why it was easy for him. Oh well, the reasons will come in time.

On another note and concerning my next post that's in writing - There are 6 other girls besides Jeni and only one that's given a slight reference too. I don't see any reason to get things confused with more active NPC's so I'll leave it at Jeni, the younger girl Moriah and just stick the others in minor and obscure posts aboard Ship and into crews quarters. Moriah will bunk with Jeni. Ship does like the idea of her 'crew' being young and blond though, lol.

So what's next!?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

~ The Sisters ~

I stuck with names meaning earth, wind, fire, water etc. If you don‘t think a name fits a face please post ideas!

~ Moriah ~

The youngest and one that'll have more to say later. As I said before the others I'll stick in a position aboard Ship and that's that. I just love this girl already!

And last but not least we've already met Jeni.

peace
edit on 10-5-2012 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Okay, the WD40 worked; I got partially unstuck....
Ben and Brittle have established some back-story, and have a direction to go now...Brittle will be his "protege" and Ben will train him to be battle-ready.

They know each other from a former life, it turns out...one I dreamed up long ago while working on a novel...I'm going to weave the storyline from that into our tale here...using the holo-theatre....

there won't be any new NPC's, but Ben and Brittle will be less peripheral....
is it acceptable if I "write for" Ben now? It appears I'm done writing Adam, but I can use Ben and Brittle to flesh out Dag and the two witches as well...

cool??

I like the pretty girls. Moriah is adorable!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Not a chance Dag can run it on her own -

....okay, then....good to know....
where would you imagine they all are, then!????
Like I said....I'm stuck.

A hazing....hazing....hazing......

My best guess is that they are fighting Centaurians around Alpha Centauri. It's no longer neno's concern, other than in the sense of one of my friends who has fond memories of his days as a fireman aboard the USS Forrestal - also known affectionately to the sailors as the "USS Zippo".

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

We don't know why Ship can't use a U-Man suit. Yet. Or if she ever will be able to.

Could it have to do with the fact that there is a whole lot of ship to pack into one little U-man suit? The old saw about packing "10 pounds of crap into a five-pound sack" comes to mind. She'd need some reinforced seams fer sure! It would give new meaning to "oneness with everything" to any inhabitants unlucky enough to have been aboard when that packing went down! Neno, for one, would be feeling the pinch as his face mushed up against the bulkheads during the packing process....

For now she'd stuck in hologram form and needs to learn to 'make' herself 'be' there.

Ah, like "Andromeda" then (see: US sci-fi TV shows). Andromeda was the "ship", and her holographic avatar was called "Romii" as I recall.

- Any ideas why Ship wouldn't be able to 'detach' her core from herself (The Yydryl) as Carpet has to go off in a Suit? Is she just too complex? Or not complex enough? Carpet was using her as a host there's a difference there of course why it was easy for him. Oh well, the reasons will come in time.

I would think, if she is presenting a hologram as an avatar, that it would be a projection rather than a "detachment". Think movies - an image is projected, but the actual film canister is still in the projector, and unviewable, incomprehensible, to most people. They see the image. Based on some of neno's bruises and injuries received in the holo-deck, some of those holograms of hers, however, can get pretty dog-gone solid!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

is it acceptable if I "write for" Ben now?

Suits me.

It appears I'm done writing Adam,

What's been going on while I've been off at the wars spawned over the vote on marriage we had here the day before yesterday?

back inna few - I have to go out and score a fix for these women's chocolate jones in this house, or I might wake up DEAD!

edit on 2012/5/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well, I mean he's been taken out of -- or off of -- my hands is all....meh....
I'm happy to write for him as a NPC, though. Guess we never did establish whether he was an assigned character for me, or if it was just Dag.

In any case, he got "out of character" (heh) in there with silo in the center, and then neno appropriately roughed him up, and he's doctored Sslar and punched neno......all without my help....so....that's find and dandy, I just don't know what he's doing anymore, or whether you all had intended to carry on with where you were taking him
! I was hoping you all would keep me posted!

erm....so....how can I help, here?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Go on... do a 'Pirate Theme' Holo-episode, I'd love it!

Do any of the girls in the pictures from Silo, have telephone numbers?

Just asking.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Do any of the girls in the pictures from Silo, have telephone numbers?

No, but, funny enough I've got Jade's haircut and color at the moment, lol.
Long story that.
I'm still trying to go 'Silo' lilac but that's gonna take a bit. (I know I know pics or it didn't happen but I WILL go lilac! I promise)!!!

In the mean time? I've got a post coming up initiating the girls into their jobs and then it's time to move on!

Nothing like tying up loose ends so the story can progress...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you're referring to - Andromeda - USA television - That's beyond me...

BUT!

What I'm thinking is this.

Ok, well, just a hint for the time being.

Ship wants 'physical'. We know that.
Ship is resolved to getting what she wants. We know that too.
At the moment? She's not happy but she's 'settling' with hologram 'being'.

Why?

It's a means to an end.

Think bands. Bands of... '______________' Ship's goal? That which would turn light into the physical? (Or destroy everything in the process)???

9th ray technology

Tell me I didn't just blow your mind.

edit on 10-5-2012 by silo13 because: weeeeeeeeeeeeee

top topics

<< 341  342  343    345  346  347 >>

join