It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 340
<< 337  338  339    341  342  343 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah, I'm waiting to see how Carpet/Newman's going to feel about BIAD. We've got to get him out of Silo's quarters and interacting with the others more.

I've got to get something up concerning what Ship's going to do about him. He's going to need a position on Ship and what I'm hearing around the water cooler is he's going to be land the spot of 'ATS Newman' (Attendant To Ship). That means Silo's out. Like a woman Ship will take Newman back and blame it all on the 'other woman' lol. Let's see how it pans out though.

In fact - Now that BIAD has written a 'dream scene' to die for I'm going to shelf my poor attempt and work on Carpet/Newman and getting him settled. And yes, I call dibs on this one! You read it here first! Newman's mine I tell you! All mine! Mmmwuahahahah!!!

Time to at least get up a rough bio of 'Newman' and post here so if/when others take a pen with him there's some parameters to keep him in character.

Have a good Weekend!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Of course, he's likely got some other sensory organs to replace them with,
which it's entirely possible WE should be getting tetchy about!
(maybe Argentinian-manufactured radio receiving dish antennae... or something like radar...)

I caught BIAD reading this and he giggled behind his red-nailed hand -saying "... I should buy
a NASA hat and get a boob-job!"

I can only presume he's talking about another thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

He has to get one of those special NASA hats - you know, the ones where the patch is a mirror image, indicting distress! A big fluffy down jacket with a NASA patch is a plus, and extra credit if you can find one of THOSE with the mirrored patch!

We shouldn't talk trash about NASA, I reckon - now that they're getting out of the Space business and leaving it all to the Russians, maybe they'll go into publishing QUALITY Science Fiction, and we can all get rich!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This image of Carpet and Dag was picked up on Ship's Security cameras...

He moves right-along, doesn't he?!!

edit on 28-4-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

ROTFL!

Love it! Where do you come up with these things, lol.

And isn't that Jeni the yeller-haired girl that wanted Chumley? Ohhh now there's an idea! But no too much to get written up for him before then!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

... Love it! Where do you come up with these things, lol.

It ain't me sadly, BIAD puts the mouse in his mouth, blows until his
face turns red and 'heh presto!' something he was thinking of -appears
on my laptop.
The down-side is that my mouse get's covered with saliva and lipstick.

He's just said you can keep it and now returned to teaching that damned bird
how to fly. (I wish he'd teach it how not to cr*p all over my patio)
edit on 28-4-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

What???
LOL!!

So....is there a story posted that explains this??? EDIT TO ADD: not yet, I see....

Love it....

edit on 28-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Neno - I've still got to edit this - but - is it acceptable to you? Should I post it? If you're not up for it no problem I was up unable to sleep last night and it just popped out.

~*~ Jeni ~*~

The other girls stayed mostly to the Dignitary Cabin nestled in a prime location between the dining lounge (not the cafeteria below stairs) and the Dignitary bar, the ‘Digs’ they called it (not the Swamp that was below stairs). A fast and furious line of working droids zoomed noiselessly in and out of the double door (it’s span allowed three U-Man’s to walk abreast through it’s opening) bringing food, wine, entertainment discs and clothes from around the galaxy. The droids had found several cargo bins filled with merchantry Captain Cadbury had been ’storing’ below decks. Since his disappearance the property became that of the Yydryl and having no use for it herself the Yydryl had kindly donated the contents to her new passengers.

Jeni was another matter - she loved the great vessel from the moment she set foot in it’s strange halls. Her sisters had no desire to integrate into their surrounding - Jeni wanted to delve in all the way. So different from her home life, the Yydryl offered a world she could never have imagined on her own. From it’s strange bio-mechanic make up to working droids of all sizes and colors. The earth like Center. But where she really wanted to go was the flight deck filled with it’s wonderful machines that could speed you over land and whoosh right up into the air a second later! She’d wanted to see what she’d only heard rumors about eavesdropping on the men’s exchanges in her father’s establishment. Until now she’d never known if the talk of flying cities and vehicles that rode the wind were something they’d dredged up from the bottom of a whiskey glass or for real. Well now she knew. And she was ridding in one. And someday she’d fly one too.

Slipping away from her sister’s unobserved Jeni waited for the sound of their revelry to vanish behind her before whispering into the open hall.

‘Millie? You there girl?’ Jeni almost whistled.

Milli giggled and hoped Jeni didn’t hear. Milli didn’t mind being talked to like a pet dog or cat she knew Jeni had no malice in her.

‘Right here Jen-Jen. You wanna to go exploring?’ It had been a tough first meeting Milli recalled when she scared the color right out of the girl the first time talking to her after she stepped out of the Dignitary Suite and into the halls of the Yydryl. But Jeni was open minded and unafraid. She was also smart. Before too long she saw the advantages of having a ‘sentient floor’ and didn’t hesitate to use her.

‘I’d love to Milli but...I got someone I want to see.’ Jeni crouched down to run her fingers through the weave at her feet giggling herself when Milli started to purr. ‘There was a man. A U-Man,’ she corrected herself immediately and went on to describe the driver of the wagon that had so captured the young woman’s attention and curiosity.

‘Sounds like Neno to me. You want me to take you to his rig the Starwolf? It’s where he lives.’ Milli’s color changed to a nice pink she reserved for Jeni and started off down the hall for the girl to follow.

‘If you don’t think he’d mind?’ A little self-conscious now Jeni wondered if she wasn’t making a mistake.

‘Not at all,’ Milli spoke out of turn, ’Let’s go.’ Picking up speed Milli bathed a trail through the twists and turns of Ship’s halls, in and out of lifts and 15 minutes later they descended to the flight deck.

‘I can’t traverse the tarmac Jen-Jen. You go on ahead. The Starwolf? You’ll know her when you see her. Just call me when you’re through.’

‘Thanks Milli.’ Jeni gave her a quick scratch before righting herself and taking that first lone step off the live flooring onto the slick black stretch of the flight deck.

The Starwolf. That had to be it Jeni thought her mouth hanging open unselfconsciously. She was beautiful! Just beautiful! Everything Jeni had imagined a flying machine should be, and more. Mesmerized by the Wolf’s lines so sleek and noble but cunning and quick at once Jeni was at the door and tapping at the hatch with a shaking hand a moment before loosing her courage. She had to see inside. And if the Neno was there? It would only add the experience.

‘I hope you brought food or I’m not letting you back aboard.’ Neno called from under a damp wet towel he used to dry his hair another towel rapped around his middle. He’d unlocked and opened the hatch for Margot refusing to be ashamed of his hunger or his half clad nudity.

Silence.

‘Margot I don’t smell anything like food...’ In fact behind his towel and wet hair Neno smelled something that reminded him of violets and warm Spring afternoons from back home. His hand stilled. Neno peaked out from under the towel and gave a low groan.

‘I’m...I’m so sorry... I’m just... Sorry!’ Jeni stammered her hand rising to her mouth her eyes wide and full of half nude male. ‘I’m so sorry!’ She sobbed and turned to run. Neno was on her heals before the girl could take three steps. Hand on her shoulder Neno spun the girl around wondering what all the fuss was about his mind jumping to Sslar and Silo. Was there something wrong with one of them? His hand tightened and Jeni cried out.

It was then he saw Margot over the frightened girls shoulder returning to the Starwolf weighted down with a tray that had to contain half a mountain of food and drink.

A slow smile spread over Margot’s face even as her eyes narrowed when she saw Neno still attached at the hand to Jeni’s shoulder, the girl half between running away and throwing herself into his arms.

‘Margo. Margo now you just hold on right there.’ One hand on Jeni‘s shoulder Neno held up the other between the two. ’Now Margo this isn‘t what you think.’ Neno stammered as the towel at his waste slipped to the floor - just before the food went flying.

edit on 29-4-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
ADDED NOTE: One of the reasons for the above post? I needed to get into the storage areas and into Cadbury's things. (That and get Jeni more into the light).

So - Cindymar's book, the 'Serendipity' is a key (to what I don't know yet I don't think any of us do) to future plots as is Captain Cadbury who 'disappeared' from the Yydryl when he went back to his pirating.

Cindymar's seems to think he was on the Yydryl to 'plant something' for a later use before leaving but she never concluded what it was. So, now we have it cemented. There's cargo in the hold Cadbury left behind, the same stuff the girls are 'into'.

What else is in there? We have no idea yet.

BIAD? Any ideas?

Happy Sunday.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Looks fine to me - go ahead and post it. We'll see how neno wiggles outta that one!

Sorry it took so long to respond - I've been burning time up hacking out some code for a script to create a solar system (the one from Firefly/Serenity) in Celestia, then having to stop and test it every so often to see where it needed to be filed down and smoothed out.

I've got the positions and orbital framework about welded together, but now comes the textures for the planet surfaces - and there are probably a couple hundred planets - so it may be a few more minutes - or days or weeks or months - before it's ready to go! I should have known better than to try to tackle a system that has 5 natural stars, 7 "manufactured" stars, and all the planets associated with all those!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I've got the positions and orbital framework about welded together, but now comes the textures for
the planet surfaces - and there are probably a couple hundred planets - so it may be a few more
minutes - or days or weeks or months - before it's ready to go!
I should have known better than to try to tackle a system that has 5 natural stars, 7 "manufactured" stars,
and all the planets associated with all those!

Couldn't you just draw around the bottom of a few beer bottles and do a bit of colouring
-like the rest of us?!

Oh... what is the name of the planet in Neno's newly-acquired system -that he'll call home?

Cheers Sir.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Ok - I'll hit the editing - I've got some time today after all (farming be danged)! Brave words but the only reason I can get away with it is today is the beginning of the festival of the town and NO ONE (even me) can be out 'grubbing' at this moment!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
A few little edits here and there and it's up!

Loved the pic in your last post BIAD! Most cool!

Trying to find a good pic of Jeni. Hope I can get it up before the time freeze.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Couldn't you just draw around the bottom of a few beer bottles and do a bit of colouring
-like the rest of us?!

I have a phobia about doing things the easy or logial way - it's almost always a trap!

Oh... what is the name of the planet in Neno's newly-acquired system -that he'll call home?

Khalamzadar - IV or Khalamzadar - 4. It's the only habitable planet in the system. There are several gas giants, and a few really hot planets, a couple of really COLD planets, but the 4th one from the star is just right.... for me. I'm cold blooded like a lizard, and appreciate the overall heat on it. As an example of a really cold one, here's the 5th one out:

Completely covered in ice. A big, shiny, ice-ball.

Here is an overview of the entire system, taken out of the PDF file that describes it:

Caution: the planets are to scale - sort of. they are scaled to the square root of the radius, rather than linearly scaled. If one APPEARS twice as large as another here, it's really 4 times as large.

Cheers Sir.

huh? SIR? Is there someone with a chicken on his collar standing behind me?

edit on 2012/4/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

huh? SIR? Is there someone with a chicken on his collar standing behind me?

It's just BIAD's 'limey' ways... I suppose in another life, he'd make a good Butler!
(Or Housemaid -with those legs!)

Thanks for the system update and let's just hope you don't proclaim to rename the
planets after your friends... The song by Duran Duran -'This Is Planet Earth' doesn't
really fare well when applying 'Boy In A Dress'

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
"We go" says Carimono to his pets.

"We go" gets stuck in BIAD's mind from the "dream".

"We go" says Millie to Jeni.

The guy who taught me Arabic had an odd, perfunctory way of saying "we go" or "we go now" that allowed for no dissent. When he said "we go", he really meant "I'm going - you can go too, if you want to, but it'd be a really bad idea to try and stop ME from going, 'cause here I go!"

Oh, those wacky Syrians! Seeing so many "we go"s in a row dredged that up out of my mind.

FOOD FIGHT!

Now neno's gonna have to take ANOTHER shower!

Silly girls!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Thanks for the system update and let's just hope you don't proclaim to rename the
planets after your friends... The song by Duran Duran -'This Is Planet Earth' doesn't
really fare well when applying 'Boy In A Dress'

I just e-mailed a fuller description of the Khalamzadar solar system to you, so that you can get a feel for what it encompasses it. The description for IV is almost straight out of the one I wrote up for the Space Opera Canon thread, with some slight alterations. Not much description of the rest of the planets in that system beyond tables of dry facts, because I've not written up the descriptions for the other planets yet... but there are plenty of pretty pictures!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You're gonna have to 'Up' the meds or leave that Tequila bottle alone,
here's me thinking I was the 'whack-job!'

Edit: Cheers and Got the email.
edit on 29-4-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I'm practicing having "random thoughts" - how am I doing?

Oh look! There goes a butterfly!

edit on 2012/4/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

That's goooood Neno... now, just put your arms into this jacket. Yess... it's a
nice jacket. Nurse...? please administer the correct doseage this time!

new topics

top topics

<< 337  338  339    341  342  343 >>

join