It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 338
<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

You know, I just realised what that wicked Silo13 was setting the nieve BIAD up with!
I attempted to explain the 'prank' and now, the Man-Girl is back to pacing in his room
and muttering to himself.

It could be worse - he could be doing as I do when faced with the superior intellectual weaponry that women possess, which is to curl up in a fetal position in the corner and hope I go unnoticed!

Is there the ability to 'roughen' Neno's cloths in DAZ? I was thinking that as he may get
into scrapes, his attire will take on a coarse-weathered feel.

The texture maps that cover them can be "roughened", faded, and besmirched with mud and blood and engine grease, that sort of thing. Probably not much to be done with the clothes themselves, but a lot can be don with the appearances.

Also, his hair may 'hippy-fy'?!!!

Do you mean like the evolutions and contortions this poor fellow's hair goes through on various hair days?

Scroll -------> across for a truly horrifying experience - caution: not for the squeamish or faint-hearted!

Yeah, that's do-able! get it? "DO-able"? Like "hair-DO"? Ah, never mind....

I used to sport a beard myself (see the pic of BIAD's owner)... I know that deep inside it
was make up for the lack of mane beneath that hat!

EDIT: As you can see, I used to dye it grey like you did...

edit on 22-4-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I used to sport a beard myself (see the pic of BIAD's owner)... I know that deep inside it

edit on 22-4-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

I'm SO GLAD you posted this! It's almost exactly what I pictured BIAD's dad would look like..and ya know what? It very much resembles my dad as he looked in his mid-prime!
And he's been on my mind a lot lately! (In fact, I was just drafting a scene with Adam musing and thinking of his (Adam's/my) dad, God love him. I miss him. He died two years ago this August.

The picture of macho neno reminds me of Elliott 'The-Hitter' on Leverage...one of my favorite shows. The team reminds me of our Team Yydryll. Any of you familiar with that show?
edit on 22-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Okay, well, I've got Adam in the Swamp licking his wounds now...and he's, um, lol...shall I post it??
Goes to his state of mind and thought process....where he goes from there, and by what summons remains to be discovered. But he's not going to be as sharp as he might've been....

It's up. *cringes*

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

That beard was an "accident". I dropped entirely out of society for around a year. Quit working, no job, no address, no nothing. Grabbed a pre-packed rucksack and hauled away. I had neglected to pack any razors in it. 3 weeks in, I was reminded of that due to the constant itching, but 6 weeks in I just let it go and stopped worrying over it. So that was about a year's worth before I came back in and pruned it off.

I watched too many TV commercials. They said girls like guys with just a bit gray, so I figured if they liked a little, a LOT would be even better. Nope - unless pointing and giggling then running away means they like you...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

The picture of macho neno reminds me of Elliott 'The-Hitter' on Leverage...one of my favorite shows. The team reminds me of our Team Yydryll. Any of you familiar with that show?

I'm not familiar with it - I only know how to find a few channels on the TV - Sci-Fi, AMC, History, and Nickelodeon - one week out of every two, the TV is taken over by small ragamuffins, unreasoning urchins who insist that the TV be parked on Nickelodeon. I can now speak Spanish AND Chinese because of their depredations. There is a "Dora" and a "Kai-Lan" on Nick who are apparently not in America legally, because half the time they are speaking either Spanish or Chinese, and expect me to do the same.

Anyhow, "Leverage" I do not know.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

It's on TNT....."they know drama".....

I think you'd like it...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Okay, well, I've got Adam in the Swamp licking his wounds now...and he's, um, lol...shall I post it??
Goes to his state of mind and thought process....where he goes from there, and by what summons remains to be discovered. But he's not going to be as sharp as he might've been....

It's up. *cringes*

I'm still trying to figure out just where the bullets hit Sslar and Silo. Treatment is going to depend on the wounds, but triage will involve Silo over Sslar, So far in the story the sites of the wounds or their nature have not been established, so I don't know if they're only through flesh, through lung, gut shots, or grazes. If Sslar has a lung wound, that's going to get complicated - there's no way to pneumatically seal the wound to prevent lung collapse other than sticking a plug into it - like a finger, The old cigarette cellophane trick for sucking chest wounds won't work on her, because of the fur preventing a seal around the wound. As fast as she went out, I have to assume either a head graze or a lung shot. Gut shots and flesh wounds hurt like hell and keep you screaming, but they don't knock you out right away. That usually indicates head trauma or lack of oxygenation. Blood loss and shock from any type of wound can lead to unconsciousness, however, depending on severity and mental state - the fear factor causing hyper ventilation or a drop in blood pressure.

Adam needs to hurry - someone might have to grab him by the ear and drag him along, light-headed or not. This episode should, however, give him a boost, let him know that he's not as useless and disposable as his flagging self-esteem is suggesting. When you need a doctor, a plumber, accountant or soldier won't quite do.

What's going to perhaps test his mettle is if he has to remove Silo's shirt to work on her while neno is around, and the memory of "the talk" still fresh. My money says he'll be all business and take charge of medical matters - that's what all that doctor schooling is for! Neno isn't a stranger to gunshot wounds, but he's nothing like a doctor, either. He may be able to help stabilize them for transport - pop in an IV of blood expander, wrap a splint, or clean and plug or cover wounds - but if surgery is to be done, Adam is The Man.

This may be where he figures that out.

I presume Chumley is packing all manner of emergency medical supplies on one of the Waldoes as we speak, so there ought to be plenty of gauze, patches, bandages, blood expander, and sharp things available on the scene shortly.

edit on 2012/4/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

It's on TNT....."they know drama".....

I think you'd like it...

I'll have to look it up and find out which buttons to push at which time to take a peek,

If it reminds you of the Space Opera gaggle, it can't be a bad thing!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Any ideas on how neno would know what's happened? He'd "know" that something was wrong with Sslar, because of the telepathic mental link thingy (That's technical jargon!
), but how would he find out what or the extent of it, before he got there?

What I'm getting at is how would he know a doctor is needed if he has to grab Adam by the ear and tug?

Is Ship in a mood yet to disseminate information about it? Might he run into Chumley, or is Chum in an entirely different area of ship than he would likely pass en-route to the library? Is the Swamp on the way to or from ANY of those places?

Inquiring minds want to know!

edit on 2012/4/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I'm still trying to figure out just where the bullets hit Sslar and Silo. Treatment is going to depend on the wounds, but triage will involve Silo over Sslar, So far in the story the sites of the wounds or their nature have not been established, so I don't know if they're only through flesh, through lung, gut shots, or grazes.

Pip shot Sslar from the back of the 'galloping horse' - I included that to give some relief to Sslar, in other words there's a chance it isn't life threatening. Though it's been reported throughout the story line Pip is a great shot. Great shot.

Silo was shot when Carpet tasered Pip before he put down his rifle. (I was sure you would pick up on that one Neno!). Pip was pointing it AT Silo when he was zapped. I think Carpet's going to put himself through hell for a long time for that one. Wherever she was shot the bullet passed straight through as Carpet felt blood on her back. So that's an open one too.

Don't forget Silo's PHARS will care for her if she can get there on time.

Edit to Add:

Any ideas on how neno would know what's happened? He'd "know" that something was wrong with Sslar, because of the telepathic mental link thingy (That's technical jargon! ), but how would he find out what or the extent of it, before he got there?

I was sure Neno would know. Sslar isn't so far gone not to get in 'touch' with Neno.

Second Edit to Add:

What's going to perhaps test his mettle is if he has to remove Silo's shirt to work on her while neno is around, and the memory of "the talk" still fresh. My money says he'll be all business and take charge of medical matters - that's what all that doctor schooling is for! Neno isn't a stranger to gunshot wounds, but he's nothing like a doctor, either. He may be able to help stabilize them for transport - pop in an IV of blood expander, wrap a splint, or clean and plug or cover wounds - but if surgery is to be done, Adam is The Man.

If Adam wants to try that's fine - but really no reason other than to make the story line richer - all Silo needs is her PHARS.

I'd love to hear Neno interrupt Adam (who hopefully has grown back his pair) - Adam telling Neno to shut up and let him do his job... Adam continuing to disrobe Silo (his hands shaking cause of the blood not the fact he's taking her clothes off), and his continual insistence for Neno to shut up until Neno finally bends over and taps his shoulder and tells him to stick Silo in her PHARS WITH HER CLOTHES ON! LOL! That could be fun.

Yeah, I think you already know Neno - I'm sure Sslar has enough left in her to realize Silo was hit too. Of course she does.

Reminds me I have to go back through my notes and see what PHARS stands for - but we all know it's Silo's medical emergency 'pod' that 'fixes' her up all on it's own. Just stick her in, set the timer and wait for her to start popping.

edit on 23-4-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Silo was shot when Carpet tasered Pip before he put down his rifle. (I was sure you would pick up on that one Neno!). Pip was pointing it AT Silo when he was zapped. I think Carpet's going to put himself through hell for a long time for that one. Wherever she was shot the bullet passed straight through as Carpet felt blood on her back. So that's an open one too.

Tasers work by making you "jitter" - your muscles twitch in such rapid succession that they burn up all their fuel and wear themselves out in an instant. It could go either way, depending on where Pip was tasered. Did his finger twitch first, or did his arm jerk up or down? So it could be anywhere. Worst case scenario is that it was center-of-mass, which is what most people aim for. That would mean probably a lung shot, resulting in a "sucking chest wound" and the possibility of collapsing a lung. That can be forestalled by placing an air tight cover on the hole (BOTH holes - entry and exit in a through and through wound), so she can be stabilized until we get her to the PHARS, but that is going to require doctor skills to get done.

Blood may have run from any where, but the fact that it ran means there is probably lots of it.

Sslar I dunno - I'm guessing center of mass there, too, which is then complicated by the presence of her fur.

If Adam wants to try that's fine - but really no reason other than to make the story line richer - all Silo needs is her PHARS.

Not exactly - she needs to survive until she gets TO the PHARS, too, which will require stabilization of some sort, meaning Adam has a job to do.

I'd love to hear Neno interrupt Adam (who hopefully has grown back his pair) - Adam telling Neno to shut up and let him do his job... Adam continuing to disrobe Silo (his hands shaking cause of the blood not the fact he's taking her clothes off), and his continual insistence for Neno to shut up until Neno finally bends over and taps his shoulder and tells him to stick Silo in her PHARS WITH HER CLOTHES ON! LOL! That could be fun.

Something like that will work, but Silo will have to be patched enough that she doesn't bleed out or suffer a lung collapse on the way to the PHARS.

[quote]
Yeah, I think you already know Neno - I'm sure Sslar has enough left in her to realize Silo was hit too. Of course she does.

I'm working on it in my head as we speak....

edit on 2012/4/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Work away! And you're right - it all depends on where they both are shot.
I can't wait to find out!
Like I said - we only know Silo has an entrance and exit wound - where? Front to back, lol.
Sslar? No idea... Wish I knew.

*pins and needles*

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Like I said - we only know Silo has an entrance and exit wound - where?

I just put up a posting where BIAD reveals his 'exit-wound' in the Library!
(Sorry, he made me do it!)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

LOL!!
Love it!!
The paper hat was just the beginning....I laughed my way through the whole post...
wonderful stuff...

Okay, I thought I had posted a reply here, but I guess I xed it out...
the music link on my last in the Opera (I hope) works okay now...
at first it was playing the stoooopid ad...but then when I changed it to long link it seemed okay...except for sometimes.

Sorry if it's messed up. (boo!)

So....drumming fingers....who is coming to see Gert??? Hmmmm..
not sure if it's drunken Adam, angry Dag, befuddled Brittle, a witch-to-witch face off, or Ben the Battler, or even...the Raven Mocker?

Anyway, the old bat Gert is in serious doodoo....should be fun.
Stay tuned, same bat-channel. (We're all bats***crazy here.) Cheery hugs!
edit on 23-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm just about to post something that put's Adam front-and-centre of the recent events, I will
follow-up with an explanation afterwards. Don't panic!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Sounds great!! Me, panic?? Naaahh....

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Since Silo is shot through, there's no bullet to dig out of her, and if she's in the PHARS, there isn't much else the doctor can do that the PHARS can't.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Nice posting... a few kids reading that could do with soaking it in.

Maybe I'm just getting old!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

It was the "old guy" in me that wrote it. You know - there's one of us on every block, the old guy who will chase you with his cane, whack you with it if he can, because to him "kids these days!" just aren't stacking up the way they ought to!

Damn shame that "kids these days" can outrun us AND our canes! I've learned to throw mine, like a boomerang - they can't outrun that!

I took "Cane-Fu" lessons from Studious, a long ago writer in the Space Opera. Irishmen have a different name for it, this fine art of cane fighting, but Cane-Fu works for me!

That monologue actually came from a real one I had with a fine young man who had some self-control and anger management issues. In the end, he turned out to be a fine young man indeed - he just needed a little guidance to get a grip on himself and get pointed in the right direction. From what I hear, he's looking at a career in either Air Force Special Operations or Forestry, either of which is going to take a lot of discipline, which he seems to have finally dredged up from somewhere within.

Part of it came from me - I was once a whiney, snivelin' craven li'l brat, too, and I've not forgotten. I remember what it felt like to mess up royally, try to wiggle out of it, and get dressed gown worse for the wigging than for the initial goof up. My pap was one of the ones who gave ME that talk, and it stuck. Most psychologists will tell you that there is nothing more psychologically painful for a man in this world than to think his dear old dad ain't proud of him.

edit on 2012/4/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I hope you like my new post.

By now Neno and Carpet should be back at Ship Proper.

Between then and then? Who knows what the two shared! I would have liked to have listened in!

All I do know is - well - I know Carpet's new name.

Can you guess it?

It's right there in plain sight!

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join