It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 336
<< 333  334  335    337  338  339 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo and Carpet are on Ship's poo list at the moment.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

ErnieBen seems to have gotten lost in the mad shuffle as well, but I'm sure he's lurking about Yydryl somewhere - probably looking in closets and poking dark spaces with sticks looking for a remnant zombie!

Here's one of the pictures i did of the interior of the Starwolf, showing some of neno's mentally stimulating reading material laying on the galley counter right next to the silverware drawer:

He seems to have an affinity for antiques - old books - there is a shelf further into the room with a small library, (which includes a copy of "Atlas Shrugged"
) - an ancient board game, "Monopoly", laid out on the table beyond the counter in this view, and even an ancient "Mr. Coffee" coffee maker on the opposite counter! The woodgrain interior seems to suit him, and there are.... ummm.... liquor bottles sitting on the counter close to the coffee maker.... I reckon maybe he has a thing for Irish coffee!

I'll try to get the description post up later this evening with the rest of the interiors.

ETA: One more shot of the dining/recreation area with neno and Margo standing there, to give you an idea of the size of it.... "cozy", no?

edit on 2012/4/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Remember that I've already established that Sslar is wandering around in the Center, because "she likes the wild", so if you need her to wreck anything, she's around....

ETA: Also, I just noticed that I got my "Margo/Margot's mixed at the end of my last post... it wasn't intentional, but may have been a Freudian slip. It must be disconcerting to have a dead woman talking from neno's right shoulder area while he's addressing a living one!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Remember that I've already established that Sslar is wandering around in the Center, because "she likes the wild", so if you need her to wreck anything, she's around....

SOOOO COOOL! THANK YOU!

Nice crib by the way.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

BIAD is actually in that issue AND got a small mention in January's
edition too!

I like the second pic... and now I know what his hair looks like!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Absolutely fascinating stuff that. I'm gonna read it again in the morning. Too cool to waste on a sleepy head like me.
LOL - that tune is EPIC.

Now a question I hope I don't read an answer too immediately or I'll be up all night. What happened to Pip in those moments in time when his pocket bulged?

See you in the morning.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Pip never noticed it... a quiet event not connected to it's surroundings.

The latest edition of my weekend magazine has just arrived and I'm at
a loss with the front-cover display!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I like that cover! I'm gonna tile it for my new desk top! It was a nice touch showng attention to detail to change the date on that issue.... but still 5c the copy?

I wonder if they take chickens in payment instead?

Silo:

Now a question I hope I don't read an answer too immediately or I'll be up all night. What happened to Pip in those moments in time when his pocket bulged?

Noooooooooo ! Nonononononono! NOOOOOOO! BAD Silo!

The grand tour of the Starwolf is posted - I rushed to toss it together before I left home for work. It's just a tour of the upper deck. There is a space in the model below that deck and of a roughly equal size which doesn't have anything in it, so we can assume that area contains cargo, storage, spare bunks for passengers and/or crew, and the access panel to the engine rooms, which are the big bulgy things aft of the living compartment,and the two outboard nacelles for steering and landings and such. The outboard engines rotate - they can point up, down, forward, or rearward independently, or at any angle along that arc. For landings, both point down, and for turns one can point foreward while the other points aft for SHARP turns - rotate on the axis of the ship sort of turns (yaw). One up one down "rolls" the ship on it's axis (roll), and angled thrusters affect the angle the nose is aimed (pitch).

main thrust and hyperdrive is provided by the big bulgy thing at the aft. If it were a bumble bee, that section would be the abdomen, where the stinger is. There is a heavy gun mounted to the top of it, so "stinger" may not be that far off as an analogy!

One of the liquor bottles on the counter is "Maker's Mark", a Kentucky straight Bourbon, made not far from where Macallisterburg was before it's untimely demise.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I like the second pic... and now I know what his hair looks like!

That's the basic hair that came with the figure before I sculpted neno's face and physique onto it. I just never tinkered with his hair before. We can assume that before his bath, he got his hair trimmed back to military spec, and since he's now discharged, it may go any whichaway!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

... Now a question I hope I don't read an answer too immediately or I'll be up all night.
What happened to Pip in those moments in time when his pocket bulged?

Noooooooooo ! Nonononononono! NOOOOOOO! BAD Silo!

You know, I just realised what that wicked Silo13 was setting the nieve BIAD up with!
I attempted to explain the 'prank' and now, the Man-Girl is back to pacing in his room
and muttering to himself.

Is there the ability to 'roughen' Neno's cloths in DAZ? I was thinking that as he may get
into scrapes, his attire will take on a coarse-weathered feel.
Also, his hair may 'hippy-fy'?!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You two kill me, lol. Blushing to my roots here.

I meant - was he effected by the time warp thingy! You know how I have a hard time wrapping my head around those moments!

Also - is it pushing it to believe Ben might be with Sslar - they were hanging out before?
I've no real insight in to why they might be out there - none at all - but before I start rolling the thought around I thought I'd ask.

In fact, I've no idea yet what's up with the whole Pip and his 'howling dog' at all other than I realized TOby had gone missing...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

YOU KNEW IT.... BIAD has assured me that 'wummin' move in mysterious ways
and enjoy ridiculing us-poor men in a high-Frontal Lobe-way that our 'sex-first, buy
flowers-later' mentality struggle with.

But seriously... (which is something I also stuggle with!)... How many women were
rescued from Taggart's clutches? I've tried to scour the Epic and I'm still not sure.
(Do they have names?)

In fact, I've no idea yet what's up with the whole Pip and his 'howling dog' at all other
than I realized TOby had gone missing...

We're coming up on Neno's new acquistion and we'll be needing Silo's savvy! So
whatever the lavender-haired gal has gotten the lad into, she better come out of it
unscathed!

AND... have a good weekend, Silo!
edit on 21-4-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

7 'yeller-haired' girls - one named Jeni - the one who was stuck on Chumley in the Neno suit. IN fact - I 'hear' Jeni is about to go and visit Chumley pretty soon.

Whatever's going to happen - do you need Silo and Pip (and whoever else show's up) back in Ship Proper? Let me know and that will add to the mulling in me brain.

edit on 21-4-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

"Ah' thank yer' Ma'am, fur the information"... 7 chicks. Reminds me of
a time when I was younger and... Well, that's for another story.

How would you like Pip and Silo 'transported' back to Ship's more-appropriate
places?!!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

You know, I just realised what that wicked Silo13 was setting the nieve BIAD up with!
I attempted to explain the 'prank' and now, the Man-Girl is back to pacing in his room
and muttering to himself.

It could be worse - he could be doing as I do when faced with the superior intellectual weaponry that women possess, which is to curl up in a fetal position in the corner and hope I go unnoticed!

Is there the ability to 'roughen' Neno's cloths in DAZ? I was thinking that as he may get
into scrapes, his attire will take on a coarse-weathered feel.

The texture maps that cover them can be "roughened", faded, and besmirched with mud and blood and engine grease, that sort of thing. Probably not much to be done with the clothes themselves, but a lot can be don with the appearances.

Also, his hair may 'hippy-fy'?!!!

Do you mean like the evolutions and contortions this poor fellow's hair goes through on various hair days?

Scroll -------> across for a truly horrifying experience - caution: not for the squeamish or faint-hearted!

Yeah, that's do-able! get it? "DO-able"? Like "hair-DO"? Ah, never mind....

edit on 2012/4/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I agree, when the female begin their brain-battering manipulations on a guy, then
it's time to look at the fishing rod or ponder if those shelves in the shed need clearing.

The clothes-thing was just an idea of making Neno look a-little rougher, more weathered.

As for the pics... would that gentleman kindly relate to the readers an answer to this question?

'Is it the mileage or the years, that made the hair different?!'

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
You two kill me, lol. Blushing to my roots here.

I can't help it - I've a dirty mind. It's not my fault, it's a birth defect!

I meant - was he effected by the time warp thingy! You know how I have a hard time wrapping my head around those moments!

There you go! You're doing it again!

Also - is it pushing it to believe Ben might be with Sslar - they were hanging out before?
I've no real insight in to why they might be out there - none at all - but before I start rolling the thought around I thought I'd ask.

It's as good a place as any for Ben to be. A plausible reason would be the aforementioned "zombie hunting". If he heard, in passing, that the zombie cocoons were somewhere off the center, he might be out there looking to make sure they were exterminated.

In fact, I've no idea yet what's up with the whole Pip and his 'howling dog' at all other than I realized TOby had gone missing...

ZOMBIES! They turn up at the darndest times!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

reply to post by silo13

YOU KNEW IT.... BIAD has assured me that 'wummin' move in mysterious ways
and enjoy ridiculing us-poor men in a high-Frontal Lobe-way that our 'sex-first, buy
flowers-later' mentality struggle with.

you're s'posed to buy them flowers? That must be where I go wrong - they have a hard time keeping me from eating the flowers! I mean, seriously! They look like salad to me!

But seriously... (which is something I also stuggle with!)... How many women were
rescued from Taggart's clutches? I've tried to scour the Epic and I'm still not sure.
(Do they have names?)

I thought there were originally 6, then Jo got shot, which made it then 7 in all after she was killed. Must be that new maths I keep hearing about. They all seem to be teenagers, which scares neno. Teenage girls are mean. They pick on you, and do stuff like tell you that eating chili burgers is "gross". They sing songs that are incomprehensible, and have the audacity the CLAP while they do it! They think Justin Bieber is "hot", whatever that's supposed to mean. Truly frightening creatures.

I'm going right this instant while it's on my mind to scare the livin' crap out of my grand daughters to stunt their growth, and prevent their entry into teenagerhood.

the world can thank me for it later.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

7 'yeller-haired' girls - one named Jeni - the one who was stuck on Chumley in the Neno suit. IN fact - I 'hear' Jeni is about to go and visit Chumley pretty soon.

If she sees Chumley NOT in his neno suit, isn't that likely to stunt her growth and arrest her development as a teenage girl?

The universe can thank Chumley for it later!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The clothes-thing was just an idea of making Neno look a-little rougher, more weathered.

It can be done, to the texture maps, but I may lack the expertise to do it in any convincing way. I'm just not that kind of artistic, and Photoshop is some arcane tool of magicians and wizards of old to me. The textures are usually sort of laid out on a square like a dressmaker's pattern, so it's not that - it's more that I don't have the capability of making convincing smudges, bullet holes, and rips. Sslar's green fur is an example of how it works. I took the tiger texture (it was laid out like a tiger skin rug on the picture used for the texture) and just turned it green. Then I had to re-lay the teeth, tongue, gums, etc. on it so that they were the original colors, and NOT green.

As for the pics... would that gentleman kindly relate to the readers an answer to this question?

'Is it the mileage or the years, that made the hair different?!'

Wimmin. Wimmin made the hair different. When he had one, he pulled it all out, and when he didn't, it would grow back. Simple biological physics.

edit on 2012/4/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 333  334  335    337  338  339 >>

join