It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 335
<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Speaking of volcano - I've seen the pictures of Etna throwing her latest tantrum, but your post above was the first I'd heard about the earth quakes - what earth quakes? Is your earth shaking there, or are you referring to Sumatra or wherever it's kicking up?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

EQ's? Yes, there's been a string of them here in Sicily ever since the Indonesia outbreak. It seems at some level Etna and that area are connected - or - it's a great coincidence.

Get ready for someone knocking on the Starwolf door pretty soon. Like it or not Pip and Silo are going to have to take a hike back to Ship proper before continuing in the Center.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

And... just who is the Scary New Guy?

I believe it's.....you. Or your son....or something like that.

The figure standing under the tree with the creepy ghost-wolves all around, from BIAD's picture before..
ooooo OOOOO aaaaaahhhh (

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Update:

After learning most of Ship's history from the memory discs Silo had in the cave Pip asks Silo where the Torus Tree All-Ena is - to which Silo replies she doesn't remember.

While searching for a spot to build their cabin Pip's dog Toby (who'd gone missing) is heard howling in the distance. Pip goes racing after the sounds of his dog. Silo tries to follow and gets thrown. Red (Gep's gelding) is hurt and Silo bandages him up leading him into the river to cool the injury. She survives the water herself - surprise - but the victory is short lived - she has to find Pip.

Ship CANNOT VISUALLY MONITOR Silo and Pip 'that far into the Center'.

Silo thinks about setting off the 'Green Man' alarm but does not. What she doesn't know is Green Man set it off himself when she took the fall.

TORUS

Nature appears to rely on one core recurring pattern to evolve life at every scale – the torus. It is a donut shaped energy vortex that you can see everywhere from atoms to galaxies and beyond.

The torus is nature’s way of creating and sustaining life and it can serve as a template for sustainability. Knowledge of the pattern is already advancing fan and propeller technologies, powering clean, “new energy” devices, informing non-violent self defense, and helping us better understand the nature of the “unified field.”

So there's the idea behind the 'Torus' tree.

I've been working through this for a while - I've been trying to figure out how 'life' (animals) came to the Center without being transported there. It's got something to do with the Torus Tree All-Ena. The details? I hope we can work them out in the story line as I'm not sure of them myself yet. We can explain life as in the bugs and bees etc in the Center easily. But not the BIG animals. The thing - whatever it is - that's 'got' Pip's dog. I'm thinking it's a Mountain Lion - (?)

edit on 16-4-2012 by silo13 because: fix pic

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Pic for thought...

Wonder when and where we'll see/hear about this?

Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'll have to get back on the Opera train and start typing,
Thanks for the Torus info... and did someone say 'Doughnuts'?!!

The second pic...? You didn't find that on a 'marital-aid' site, did you?!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

The second pic...? You didn't find that on a 'marital-aid' site, did you?!

BUST out laughing. Oh the pain! LOL!

Nope, that's in my Space Opera folder from ages ago.

And don't worry about running off to help Silo - the emergency call is going to get squashed.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I've got to figure out a new badge. Since neno's 'discharge', I've not been using his "Security/Tactical" badge, because he's not in the service any more.

My next post, if nothing else happens, will involve explaining the interior layout of the Starwolf, using Margo as a vehicle for that description, seeing it through her eyes. I'm hoping to be able to give an adequate description that way, because it will all be mostly new to her.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I love that picture of Muckles, BIAD!! Awesome! Is she conjuring up anything to help with Dag's identity crisis? Or did she leave Dag and Tibbs to confer betwixt themselves...
perhaps they've gone a-jouneying....and she's biding her time?

Can you give me a clue what the Splitter's agenda was, and whether Brittle is still with him??

*gears lurch...squeak...falter....clutch grinds....need lubrication*

I had a very vivid dream this morning regarding Chicago, Bosnia, and central Nebraska....a wornhole pathway....and recalcitrant 'helpers'....
what, I wonder, are Dag's 'powers' going to be???

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I can see a connection between Chicago and Bosnia - the people customs, and level of corruption are eerily similar - but CENTRAL NEBRASKA?

You didn't happen to have jam-smeared burritos for supper before that dream, did you?

I have a CGI "model" of Starwolf, and am working on getting some interior pictures of it for the description post.

edit on 2012/4/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Nah, and it was really weird....!!!!
Bosnia was slightly northwest of Chicago (not!)....and there was a grassy mowed track (wide enough for a car, but obviously no car had been there!) that took about a half hour to walk.....and when I got there, it was so 'nirvana'.....but then I couldn't get back without asking the people in Bosnia to help me navigate the wormhole....

really weird... Weird.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I was thinking that another 'Neno'... a clone-like figure of Nenothtu or possibly
a glitch in time due to the Big-Rip altering causing a 'Future Neno' to step through
into our Neno's Universe.

And now my head is hurting!

To calm my nerves, here's a pic of Silo and Dag

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Wow! That 'calmed' your nerves??
Masochist!! What are they doing?

Like it, though. Saved and tucked away for future avatar renderings. You rock, brotha!!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don't know... I asked BIAD and he murmered something about
slaying something un-seen in the future, and then went back to
playing hide-and-seek with the mirror.

He's an odd-one at times.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I was thinking that another 'Neno'... a clone-like figure of Nenothtu or possibly
a glitch in time due to the Big-Rip altering causing a 'Future Neno' to step through
into our Neno's Universe.

And now my head is hurting!

Are we talking "evil twin from the fifth dimension" here?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Wow! That 'calmed' your nerves??

Isn't it obvious? they're dancing!

Some wigged out combination of 70's disco and an Arab Sword Dance!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Do you think a 'twin' would be a good idea?
I'm not sure which way to go with it...

Isn't it obvious? they're dancing! Some wigged out combination of 70's disco
and an Arab Sword Dance!

I related this to BIAD and it was over 15 minutes before his knees stopped
shaking!!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Do you think a 'twin' would be a good idea?
I'm not sure which way to go with it...

I'm fine with it if we can find a way to produce him that doesn't tie knots in the squishy parts of my brain, which parts constitute most of it. It could be a too-even match requiring one or the other to secure an unfair advantage, which I am sure neither would balk at!

Isn't it obvious? they're dancing! Some wigged out combination of 70's disco
and an Arab Sword Dance!

I related this to BIAD and it was over 15 minutes before his knees stopped
shaking!!

Poor BIAD! Disco WAS pretty harrowing! MUCH more so than merely dancing between whirling sharp things!

edit on 2012/4/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

...and whether Brittle is still with him??

I don't know the answer to this one.
Splitter faded away to his place in the Time-Lines and as far as I can tell,
Brittle was left on his stump!

We'll take it that he got aboard The Yydryl and... well, that is up to you!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I dunno if Chumley (COS Chumley) is going to contact any of you about Carpet going into the Center after the distress call from Silo - that's up to you. Just know Ship is NOT going to be pleased if anyone makes a fuss. Not that I care one way or another - just saying Silo and Carpet are on Ship's poo list at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join