It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 329
<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

As long as she was smiling when she hit me! I.e. the old "You'd best be smilin' when you say that, mister!"

Besides, she's got that cyborgian titanium skeletal structure - why would she worry about a couple of fingers or a foot getting caught in the door?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Dear heavens! (Or hell!) You scared me in that last post!

GREAT ONE!

Here's another slice a cake for BIAD.

Happy Sunday!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Enigmatic messages from the subconcious...? Warnings from the Otherside?
Or lack of Cotton Candy? You decide!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR EVERYONE!

PSST! - does any one know how to get rye stains out of gold lamee?

Also, do NOT wash down your chocolate cake with rye - that is dis-recommended,

Taos Lightning is perhaps better for that purpose, but it's been hard to find since the Trapper's Rendezvous have stopped....

edit on 2012/4/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So... Are we closing up shop on that toast and chocky cake?

Or...

Are we still alive and kicking...?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Alive and high-kicking...

Why don't you show us around The Yydryl?
I have to admit, I skimped on the readings of
the pages where the interior of Ship is described.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Great to hear!

Quick rundown... The Yydryl? Picture a doughnut with a neck attached to the middle of three tiers.

Upper deck is the flight deck/command post (in the 'head') and main character quarters, etc.

Middle deck the bar, canteen, the Recovery bay, etc.

Lower is storage, droid quarters, waterworks that used to be the Whale tanks that now feed the Center and her lakes (cooling system for the whole Ship that runs through her and the Center) her streams and even into the Mountains in the Center.

Middle deck also had the 'main' 'formal' entrance to the 'Center' (little earth that's about the size of Europe) and that 'main entrance' is one HUGE door (can't get over it or around it or under it kind of thing but it opens when Ship says so)...

Other doors into the Center stem from the flight/equipment/armory (that's is all three floors) and a small door (hidden) off Silo's quarters.

There used to be a 'live Carpet' (as we know) covering all the floors, now there's 'Milli' instead of Carpet but the same theme - the floor is alive. As are the walls, but, they're not sentient separate from the Yydryl.

I'll check back on my notes but I believe that's correct.

Beyond that? I have no problem with what to do 'next' for Silo, Pip and Carpet but I 'lost' my 'Character' there for a moment and need to write her out of her 'oh so non self' where we last saw her in the story.

I'll not start a new story line only bring her 'back to herself' and explain (somehow) why she acted so out of character and like such a *snip*.

So, when you all want to start up a new 'course' let me know. Pip, Carpet and I will be in the Center recollecting ourselves.

edit on 1-4-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

edit on 1-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Ok back on track!

What now? Do we have any plans other than to deposit Neno to his new galaxy? Or is Neno going to take a transport vehicle?

Where we going?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I don't think neno is going to take up residence there, but he may have to do a flyby to place the claim plaque.

We haven't left Earth orbit yet.... or have we?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

As far as I know that's where Ship just went. To talk to you all and see where we're going.
I did not presume to do more before checking with everyone.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Nice posting... I just wish I could take some timeout like that!

I think we're on our way across the stars, past Mars -around Venus
and watch out for Uranus.... sorry, I couldn't resist!

You okay Silo?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Me? I'm great. Thank you for asking!

I can't wait to see where we're headed now!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

When Tibbs and Muckles landed just outside of Hobbs End, they were
approached by Nun'Yunu'Wi and he told a story to the two new-arrivals.

...Mucklebones saw it first, the black spaces from under the skull's brow had called to her
instantly and there in the sockets, the sight of the Tree Of Knowledge flickered.

Tibbs saw it after a few seconds and marvelled at it's glittering leaves and smooth-skinned
trunk. The light-blue sky promised a warm day and the waving grass seemed to yearn for
running children or snuggling lovers.

The Tree Of Knowledge shook as if something had struck the tall blemish-free torso with
a large object and as Tibbs and Muckles leaned forward and squinted, the source of the
shaking revealed itself.

Four huge wolves stepped out from behind the tree and both the Vithain and the Witch of
the Winds noticed the blueness of the sky darken close to the steel-grey fur of the animals.
Like sentinals of the four points of the compass, the wolves sat on their haunches and waited
for whatever foe came a-calling, blood-red eyes watched the horizons.

"The wolves prepare the way for another... a Being from the end of Time" Nun'Yunu'Wi
whispered and lowered the skull, a click from his shoulder seemed loud in the desert night.
"The universe will slow and become molasses, insight and discovery will be ash in a
forgotten campfire, the hope for wisdom and peace will be as elusive as the wind..."
Nun'Yunu'Wi warned "... the one who the wolves obey has already attempted to take
the sacred casket and now seeks it's hideaway, you must thwart this monster"

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
1778 North America was a COLD winter - I remember it well. Not as cold as 1816 - that year we had no summer at all - but cold all the same. The entirety of Vandalia had a population of around 1500 in 1778, and it was hard going. People were few and far between. Starting in April, most of the people started running back for the interior and civilization because of the Indian raids, All but the hardiest or the most adventurous got out of Dodge. Most of the ones who remained "forted up" their families in the sporadic forts that had started popping up along the Clinch and Holston rivers, and hit the woods. Hunting. In the winters we hunted for furs. In the summers we hunted for men.

And those same men were hunting for US.

A war was raging on to the East, but out in the wilderness, the redcoats were only seen in the company of Indians - the Ohio tribes they had stirred up against us, trying to drive us all back to the interior. That seemed an odd strategy to me, trying to strengthen the rebel forces in the east - but at the time, the British had the upper hand, and I reckon sought to exploit that advantage. There was a British officer to the northwest of us in Detroit that the Indians called "The Hair Buyer" - his real name was Hamilton, as I recall - who paid bounty to them on our scalps. I hear, but have never seen, that some of those scalps collected way back then are still in storage in London, circles of human hide and hair , from the 4 inch circles off of the heads of grown farmers, hunters, and wives right down to the 2 inch circles off of the heads of babes. Each was marked with Indian pictographs denoting the circumstances of the kill - a plow for a farmer killed in his fields, that sort of thing.

Captain Daniel Smith ran the militia on my side of the mountain, and every summer from 1774 to 1785 he ran them hard - if he could get you to join up and not take to the woods on your own. I was acquainted with a 17 year old kid - a KID! - who ran a route from fort to fort, checking the trails for sign that Indians were around, so he could give warning to the inhabitants. We called his kind "Indian Spies", but they amounted to scouts. that kid, an lanky second or third generation Scotsman, was just 17 - and had been running that route all alone, without backup, every summer from March to September or October (what we called "the war season") since he was 13 years old.

I don't know how he survived it, but a lot more of us did than you would think, given the circumstances, Years later, in the 1830's, that kid - now an old man - applied for a pension from the guvmint on his service during the Revolution, which he diligently performed - alone! - every summer of that conflict. His service was discounted, and the pension denied. They said he was a "damned liar", that he never did that at such a young age. I know damned well he did.

He died in 1851, penniless except for land claims that he had made years before and sold off now and then to keep his belt buckle from slapping his backbone around. His government got what they wanted, then turned their back on him in his own hour of need. happened a lot to those mountaineers, which bred a distrust of government promises that lives there to this very day.

The battle described in the post sounds like the Battle of Kings Mountain - but that didn't occur until October 7, 1780.

A friend of my mother (a man named Ken Henderson) wrote a series of historical fiction novels about that time, starting with one titled "Painted Mountain" - web sample. The second book in the series is called "Brothers of the Forest", and the name of the third book, the one that deals with King's Mountain, escapes me at the moment.

Arthur Campbell ran the militia from my neck of the woods that went to King's Mountain and left Major Ferguson buried there. Ferguson made the statement that "this back-woods rabble will NEVER move me from this mountain!", and as it turned out, he was right - they buried him there, and he remains buried there to this very day.

edit on 2012/4/2 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey, team....
imagination is in gear. Is there a brig on the Yydryl?

Where would they be keeping Gert?
She was aboard Cecilia...as a POW... when Earth was left behind....

EDIT: also, are Neno (and Margo's) quarters nearby to Dag's/Adams? I'm wondering if Dag heard the ruckus when Margo teased neno out of his mud-bath (it's good for your skin, dude, no worries....)

And also...did Mucklebones retrieve her bones for her bone-bag, as well as the other items upon which she had pottied?

edit on 2-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Also, yes, Brittle is on board....(heh heh)....
Is the Raven-Mocker also on board? Just checking.
Dag is going to do some distancing from Adam here in a bit....not sure if she's going to the bar, or the brig (if one exists), or the droid area....

edit on 2-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Is there a brig on the Yydryl?

Yep there's a brig - at one point there was a fire in it when Silo was sure all the U-Man's were being toasted alive inside. There was never any mention of cleaning up the brig after the fire. I'm sure there'll be some fire damage 'scars' in the hall and the living part of her. As for the brig/holding cells inside? Hard to say. I can't believe Ship would leave it 'dirty' - or the working droids would.

Anyway, yes, there's a brig, lol!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Hey, team....
imagination is in gear. Is there a brig on the Yydryl?

Yup.

Where would they be keeping Gert?
She was aboard Cecilia...as a POW... when Earth was left behind....

Hard to say - I don't know her status because no one has questioned her or insisted she explain her behavior - which could go either way, depending on the explanation. Pending that, I'd imagine she would be in some sort of lockdown - either the brig or confined to quarters under guard, at the very least.

EDIT: also, are Neno (and Margo's) quarters nearby to Dag's/Adams? I'm wondering if Dag heard the ruckus when Margo teased neno out of his mud-bath (it's good for your skin, dude, no worries....)

I dunno - and how will neno know when Margo moves in? It's not like she has her own TV to bring to mark her turf... I'm guessing Dag was "otherwise occupied" at the time, given the statement that she and Adam have barely been out of their quarters since the return. I'm wondering if the Chinese take out cartons are piling up outside their door...

And also...did Mucklebones retrieve her bones for her bone-bag, as well as the other items upon which she had pottied?

Of course she did. it's not stated explicitly, but that bag o' bones is te tools of her trade, and she wouldn't likely leave them behind.

Also, yes, Brittle is on board....(heh heh)....
Is the Raven-Mocker also on board? Just checking.

Interesting question. Are Patron Deities limited to their own sphere of influence, like a legal jurisdiction, or are they free to roam wherever? I don't know the answer to that, so I suppose the question is up for grabs.

Dag is going to do some distancing from Adam here in a bit....not sure if she's going to the bar, or the brig (if one exists), or the droid area....

"Distancing"? Rather abrupt at times, isn't she?
She must be a Gemini with those about-faces!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I'm guessing Dag was "otherwise occupied" at the time, given the statement that she and Adam have barely been out of their quarters since the return. I'm wondering if the Chinese take out cartons are piling up outside their door...

ahhh....yes, but...just ask Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves after their bus-bomb escape..or Sandra Bullock and her partner on Miss Congeniality...
the excitement of the moment, a passion born of shared near-disaster, doesn't always last.

The morning comes. Sane thoughts return. Dag isn't one to lollygag in revelry when there are loose ends to be tied up!
She has a lot to think over.....a lot....

Who is going to be writing for Margo, please? ....I could use her in a sequence I'm considering, but if she's not in my 'jurisdiction',
(btw, that would be an interesting thread in the OT Religion forum!!...) I'll leave her be.
. I can go to Muckles instead. ... or even Gert...
Dag needs some womanly wisdom and a confidant right about now. Her head is spinning...

edit on 3-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Also, about the bag-o-bones....and the amulet and splitter....was their transformation permanent? Or was it a temporary fix, or shape shift....for the ammo?

edit on 3-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Ancient Hillbilly proverb say : "The fire that burns hottest consumes itself and burns out the fastest."

Oddly, the same thing is said by Rocket Scientists when they speak of stellar evolution - the hottest stars, although the most massive, still burn themselves out fastest because of their prodigious rate of fuel use.

You can write for Margo if you want - she'll get too one dimensional if I do it all the time.

RE: the Jurisdiction of Deities - I have a theory about that, especially in regards to minor deities - but if I throw it into the religious forum, people's heads will explode! Not long ago I told a Muslim that his Desert God Allah didn't live around here because he was trying to extend Allah's jurisdiction to me, and I thought that it might be MY head that did the exploding after that!

The basics of it are that I have a notion that "local spirits", which some people mistake for bona fide gods are just that - LOCAL spirits. They have a locality to look out for, not the whole world in general. What would happen if the Irish Little Folk rode the boat across and ran into the Iroquois Little Folk? Would it mean war in low places?

I won't get into the "local spirits" that have been promoted by various people to full godhood - there are still some folks on Earth that might get terrible excitable over them.

As far as the amulet and the Splitter go, I don't know how that worked - did we just fling little bits-n-pieces of the Splitter into deities? EEEW!

edit on 2012/4/3 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join