It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 318
<< 315  316  317    319  320  321 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

*clears throat to yell*
GET THAT PASSPORT NOW! ALL OF YOU!
*back to raspy voice*

Yeah, I'm sorry, I just couldn't handle thinking the USA was in the hands of someone who had to wear 'special underwear' AT ALL TIMES in order not to go to hell. (Romney). I just can't even imagine The Button' being under the control of someone who's belief system works that way.

Makes me think of the Saga here in a way. We put our words to page and they come to life, the characters do etc. But, ok I fess up, even though sometimes I dream of the Space Opera, I'm not going to turn it into a religion and try to control the masses with it (as did Joseph Smith). Woof. And angel came to him to show him the 'golden plates' then later he used a 'magic stone' to translate them. Sounds like the Space Opera alright!

(GET THAT PASSPORT)!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

*clears throat to yell*
GET THAT PASSPORT NOW! ALL OF YOU!
*back to raspy voice*

Yes, ma'am....

...sounds like a party brewing!! What fun!!

No, seriously, I totally agree with ya, dear heart. And yeah, I'm serious about getting it renewed.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Both here are suggested watching for Saga II -

I'd suggest if you don't want to watch all of the last one at least take in the last 3 in 'Open Range' - pretty fine shooting. Reminds me of someone we know here.

And WildTimes - we'll have a grand ol time you ever get over here. My door's always open to you...

peace

edit on 24-2-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I dunno if they actually stole Neno - but if they didn't? We know where Neno's UNCLE is!

Definitely Space Opera Material!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

My globetrotting days are done. My passport expired in 2002, and I just let it slide. For a brief time around April of 2004 I was talking to Dyncorp about going to Baghdad, but decided against it because it was a rush job, and I wasn't prepared - getting the passport in order would have cost me around 600 bucks to ram it through on the fast track, and I had my son here by then to think about, so I turned the gig down as more trouble than it was worth. I t turned out to be the right decision, for entirely unconnected reasons. Had I gone, my son would have found himself stuck all alone back here when his ma died, so in retrospect it was good I didn't go. On top of that, the guys I know who did go came back in two months, breaking the contract. It was a contract for the State Department, and State wasn't running it very well or thinking very clearly. The guys picked up their bags and got out while the getting was good.

Anyhow, I'm not going overseas any more. Heck, I don't even fly domestically any more because it's such a damned headache. If it burns down, I'll be right around here watching it go. I ain't running. I'll take my passport money and invest in marshmallows.

My politics aren't any secret around ATS. I'm just to the right of Atilla the Hun - I'm so far right that I wrap back around to the left. I'm the guy that conservatives look at and say "THAT guy is still in the stone age!" That's how "conservative" I am. With that in mind, I'm telling you right now that Romney WILL be the GOP nominee, and I will vote for Obama before I'll vote for Romney. They've been hammering at me with cute phrases like "we just have to get rid of OBAMA!" with no regard for the unintended consequences they will bring on. Baloney. I've never voted AGAINST anyone in my life, and I'll not start now, just to vote against Obama.

Change just for the sake of change is not always a good thing - they should have figured that out when they votes Hopey-Changey Obama into office to begin with. I'm not voting to jump out of the frying pan into the fire just to "change" the occupant of the Oval Office.

Romney is just Obama with a flashy paint job. He's trying to pass himself off as "conservative" when he is nothing of the sort. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. Item: Romney passed Obama Care before it even WAS Obama Care, individual mandate and all, in Massachusetts. Item: Romney said "I support the Second Amendment" - those exact words - in the same sentence as his denial of Second Amendment rights in a campaign stop where he was asked about the Assault Weapon Ban. He apparently "supports the Second Amendment" as long as it doesn't involve allowing the population to be armed. I'm not sure what the hell he thinks the Second Amendment is about.

Those two things alone demonstrate that he hasn't a clue as to what constitutes "liberty", and therefore has no more business occupying the Oval Office than Obama does. His religion doesn't even enter the equation for me.

I thought about writing in BIAD, but then we'd have that whole US citizenship issue to deal with, and I don't think we have time to Photoshop up a convincing birth certificate.

Seeing as how well the voter fraud worked in the 2008 election, I think I'll register all of the Space Opera NPCs to vote. Nothing was ever done about the 50 copies of Mickey Mouse registered, so why not our very own NPC's? We can get Chumley and neno to "guard" the polling places in Philadelphia in order to make sure the "Space Opera vote" isn't interfered with. I mean, they're not Black Panthers, but they'll have to do!

Seriously - this year's field is SO dismal that I've just about decided to vote for whomever can run their campaign on the least amount of money, on the theory that less money means less corporate ownership of that candidate via donations.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

we're having a Robert Duvall sort of day, I see!

I dunno if they actually stole Neno - but if they didn't? We know where Neno's UNCLE is!

Nah. I looked it up - "Secondhand Lions" came out in 2003, quite a while before the Space Opera. it's just an amazing instance of parallel evolution. If that lion had been green and saber toothed, I'd have to wonder...

Good going. Now Haley Joel Osment is stuck in my head as "Pip".

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Good going. Now Haley Joel Osment is stuck in my head as "Pip".

Damn but if that doesn't work!

I hope you enjoyed that last clip Duval and Costner. I'm not a Costner fan - but - I'm using the whole thing as a case study for 'fight scenes' just in case we get one.

Oh and about the passport - not asking anyone to run - just don't want the option of a Saga Slumber Party in Sicily to be exed by no passports. You never know when I'll win the lottery and invite you all over for roasting marshmallows over hot lava.
Oh, newsflash - we just got marshmallows here!

*Back to the Saga to figure out just where BIAD is!*

Have a great weekend!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm here...? I'm always here! There was a time when a pair of
pink pantaloons and myself were...

Sorry about that, BIAD's writer's block has lifted and it seems he 'tripping'
on his enjoyment of key-strokes... he's now tucking into his breakfast and
humming 'Oh, dem golden slippers' to himself.

I suppose the next bit is to get Tibbs and his pardner into the scene.
Does the Vithian relate the tale that Nun'Yunu'Wi spoke of?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I hope you enjoyed that last clip Duval and Costner. I'm not a Costner fan - but - I'm using the whole thing as a case study for 'fight scenes' just in case we get one.

I've got the "Open Range" DVD - butt kicking flick, and pretty close to the way things really go down. The "Broken Trail" flick was pretty good, too. I had to track down the whole set of movies - 3 hours worth. My favorite line from it may be the one where Duval explains that things sometimes go off the track, and you just have to work with what you're dealt - in his that case 5 extra Chinese girls who speak no English getting dropped into their lap in the middle of a mustang drive.

Oh and about the passport - not asking anyone to run - just don't want the option of a Saga Slumber Party in Sicily to be exed by no passports. You never know when I'll win the lottery and invite you all over for roasting marshmallows over hot lava.

I'll show up on the coast in a Zodiac boat as an illegal immigrant - it goes over pretty good here!

Oh, newsflash - we just got marshmallows here!

Woo hoo! I'm in!

I'm just dying to figure out a way to drop the following from neno's mouth: "If you do, I promise that I will haunt your nightmares for all eternity."

That just struck me as fairly descriptive of his general bad attitude, his refusal to give up - ever - his "unfortunate condition" of immortality, etc...

edit on 2012/2/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by silo13

I'm here...? I'm always here! There was a time when a pair of
pink pantaloons and myself were...

Only "a" time? You might loan them to BIAD for those special moments... like when he sits down, stands up, climbs trees or cliffs, or goes skipping in wind storms!

I suppose the next bit is to get Tibbs and his pardner into the scene.
Does the Vithian relate the tale that Nun'Yunu'Wi spoke of?

Sure! information is GOOD, and neno craves it (he refers to it as "intelligence", but it's really just plain old information, and I think he's probably just being pretentious)! In the story, he has know way of hearing it unless the travelers relate it.

edit on 2012/2/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

BIAD - you wanna say a few words over the grave or make Neno do the honors? I wanna get this guy buried and move ON. I'll eave it open to either of you. (I'm still trying to figure out where you joined up with Neno - I've been looking but my eyes are crossing - I'm sorry I'm so out of it when it comes to the other story lines this time but I am. I got lost as it seems there's no coming back from it, lol)!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm a little busy at the moment, but I'll give it a go!
edit on 28-2-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Whoever wants it - no rush! I just figured Pip would want one of you since he didn't ask Silo.

Hope whatever's got you busy works out well!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Every 110 years or so, the entire human race barring just a few exceptions is recycled. Those alive at the beginning of the cycle, even those born around that time, will nearly all be gone by the end of it. During the time the cycle runs, we can be sure of only two things: 1) we've no one else to count on for the duration but one another. We can look to the past for guidance and hope for the future, but there won't be any help coming from either of those quarters.

We're on our own - it's all just US.

The other thing we can be sure of, #2) is that the only physical immortality we will ever see rides solely in our progeny. We're born, we live, and we die, and the only thing we really give the future is our children. In them, we will live forever, and ONLY in them.

Those of us randomly thrown together in any given cycle have only one another to look to, and look out for. Our kids belong to another cycle, and theirs beyond them.

What more can I say? I'm mighty proud to be traveling this particular cycle of time with the likes of you all!

Have a grand day, y'all!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I'm mighty proud to be traveling this particular cycle of time with the likes of you all!

Have a grand day, y'all!

Awww...
hey guys. Been out kicking over barstools and reading actual paper books (not to mention endless errands) but checking in today. Working husband is much more happy and active than sulking husband. (Whew)

Just want to let you know: The likes of you all are totally precious to me also.

I'll be back, I'm not really "away", but in the midst of painting the kitchen cabinets, and (I admit) distracted by those folks whose barstools need kicked-over.

I'll check in and get caught up tomorrow am.
Promise.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

hey guys. Been out kicking over barstools and reading actual paper books

They still make those? I had a sighting of one in the wild several years ago, but I thought they were all extinct now!

Your new Indian name is "Tree Killer"!

I'll be back, I'm not really "away", but in the midst of painting the kitchen cabinets, and (I admit) distracted by those folks whose barstools need kicked-over.

I see you've fallen in with a bad crowd and picked up our dangerous habits!

I've noticed an odd gray line around my posts recently, and have to wonder if I've been marked for something.

Ah well, switching in to my Templar Avatar so I can sally forth to do battle. That armor comes in handy for the battles, although it limits movement. You can take all that for metaphor if you like...

edit on 2012/2/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I see you've fallen in with a bad crowd and picked up our dangerous habits!

I think they're fabulous habits.... and "bad" is a matter of objective judgment....
I think you guys rock......
Love and Hugs

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Well said Sir and back at ya'!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I've noticed an odd gray line around my posts recently, and have to wonder if I've been marked for something.

It's a promotion, neno!
You are now a silver-level contributor!!
Congratulations!!
silo still has you beat, though, with her gold lining.....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Okay, guys, I've made a dorky little post to the storyline. I am hoping neno et al are heading for Gert's cabin, where Adam and the droids are with Sslar. Pandora is supposedly on her way there as well, from the Cave of Enchantment, thinking Neno is there.

Meanwhile the Splitter has Gaia's jewels, and Gert and he are with Dag and Ben there in the cave.

I'm thoroughly not sure where it's going from here.

I just had the Raven Mocker and Charon talking a bit (aimlessly)...but Pip is going to catch up to the others and it's up to y'all what they do with him.

Also, IMPORTANT NOTE:
I have asked masqua to please remove the text from BIAD's last post to the index thread (how audacious of me), and I've posted one that includes Silo's post, BIAD's post (quoted from his post), and mine (the 3rd one on the page).
BIAD, Love, your links always point back to page 60. I entered the proper link on this triple-entry for the index.
Not sure why that's happening. Are you using the link at the top of each post to copy the post id for the index? it seems like you're pasting in the same page 60 entry on all of them.....

Anyway, sorry if I've stepped on toes here.....
hugs all round

new topics

top topics

<< 315  316  317    319  320  321 >>

join