It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 317
<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

... BIAD, so sorry about your tooth ouchy!!

No problem, BIAD used a shoulder-strap of his famed red dress, a swinging door
and disgraceful -yet successful attempt to shock me to take my mind of my ache
and then slammed the door shut!
The door bang and my scream as I followed said door and smashed into it -brought
my wife a-running and she saw what the crazy eyeless loon was... I can't say it.

The tooth ailment has gone and I'll never look at the strange Man/Girl in the same
way again... and now my Missus is asking questions.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

The door bang and my scream as I followed said door and smashed into it -brought
my wife a-running and she saw what the crazy eyeless loon was... I can't say it.

ACK!!! One of my most vivid memories from childhood....the loose teeth....the extraction process....string from tooth base to door.......
AHHHHHHH!!
Wow.
Makes me want to watch "Castaway".....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I had to edit my last post, and add an explanation for why Gep was getting tied across a horse instead of transported in the buckboard, especially since they have two spare horses to pull it with.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yep - the oldest one - Josephine 'Joe' tried to part your hair. The others? I've no idea how old they are but they can't be that old - probably 15 down to 12 the two youngest are twins. And no, they weren't involved in selling women, but, they didn't do anything to try and stop it either though with a father like Mac I doubt there was much they could do.

So, yeah, there's 5 tag-a-longs. I don't know why - but there they are - and all are stuck on Neno already I'm sure!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

GREAT ending! The compound's up in flames and we're back together with BIAD heading for...ing for... Wait, you said it' Margo's 'neighborhood'... Where's she takin' us? Well, no matter, we'll run into the Tumblers I would suspect and be back aboard the Yydryl before ya know it.

Then what?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Margo's REAL neighborhood is on another planet - I was referring to the town she's spent the last 70 years or so finding her way around. We'll have to go to the Olis Place first to lay Gep to rest, and work it out from there.

Neno is going to be mighty uncomfortable with all that adolescent hero-worship business.

We'll sort it out as we roll along. neno ain't raised no kids - remember, he was marooned while Margot was raising Lt. James. This might turn into a teaching opportunity!

With all the talk about deities and trips to the realm of the Fey and all that, I thought this song might have a place in here some where...

Eh nevermind. It seems to be blocked from embedding.

edit on 2012/2/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Lordy.

Looks like there's another "War in the Heavens" a-brewing. In this corner, we have neno, a newly-minted immortal unsure of what being a "deity" is all about, and in denial of that status any how, and BIAD, another deity in denial of status.

In THIS corner we appear to have the rest of the entire heavenly host arrayed, long on experience at deity-ship and aiming to steal and subjugate from the newly minted gods.

That's looking a little whop-sided.

When was the last War in the Heavens? Among the Sumerian Gods, or the Greek ones.... or the Roman ones?

I'm gonna have to read up on that, and figure out how to proceed....

I'm thinking "Gilgamesh and the Bull of Heaven" may be the place to start, figuring out strategies to fight a gob of gods.

edit on 2012/2/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hi guys, I'm back....got my peeps in gear and now the story is moving along again. Adam is at Gert's hut with Skinny, Squibbs, and Cecilia. Ship is back online with the Tumblers (for now at least).
Sslar has brought the Caliburn to the hut also.

Meanwhile, Gert is with Pandora in the cave of enchantment plotting how Pandora will seduce Neno. I'm thinking Neno will pick up Sslar's telepathic vibe as soon as they've buried Gep, maybe? And he'll head to the hut as well.

Will Pandora come there to find Adam and the others in wait?

Dag and Ben have found Home-Town deserted, and taken Gia's crown jewels to the cave of enchantment as well, to negotiate for their friends to be reunited. The Splitter shows up and grabs the jewels though, and somehow this is related to what Tibbs and Mucklebones are supposed to be doing for Nun'Yunu'Win (sp?)....the Being from the End of Time and all that, who the wolves obey....

So, guys...take it from here....show me what neno and Tibbs and the Muckster are gonna do next.....
Pandora, I think, will be pretty bothered by the blondes nenothtu has in tow....
how far are they all from the hut?
(Yes, I'm being lazy and not looking at the map).

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Dag and Ben were getting bored. Thought I'd cook up a little tension. The muse had more to say this morning than I'd expected. You want me to change anything??

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Nah, I'll work with what's there. That's part of the fun of it!

It's 3 days back to the cabin on foot or by horse, but there are supposed to be two tumblers somewhere nearby to the burning town, so it won't take nearly that long to make the trip with space age transport.

I'm somewhat concerned over the Splitter - it appears to have a split(tered) personality! In one scene, it's on the side of the "good guys", and in the next it's appearing to cozy up with the Evil Thievin' Dieties (tm). What the heck is that hyperdimensional being up to?

Now, neno probably can't split the opposition asunder, since death to an "immortal" is essentially meaningless, but at the same time they can't do him any permanent damage, either, since he's "immortal" as well. What to do? I have ideas...
It ought to be a roaring good running bash-fest, and there are worse things than dying - which these deities have apparently not yet figured out.

Neno can teach 'em that, with the right sort of help.

Reference: the running battles Gilgamesh fought with Inanna (A.K.A. Ishtar). He, a mere demi-god, had not much trouble keeping her ALL twisted up.

Pandora's strategy is doomed to failure, and there better not be any really giant bulls hanging around when she figures that out - it's ignoble for a goddess to get slapped upside the head with a leg torn off of her own pet!

ETA: Oops! If Skinny and Squibbs are at Gert's cabin, they're back in Vandalia, and no longer in the Badlands ready to pick up the crew there. Now, no one except Carpet and Chumley ever knew they were there to begin with, and whomever they told, but if the Tumblers and both droids are gone, what sort of communication can we expect to recall them? Chumley can't just scream into the air "Skinny and Squibbs, you bring scrawny rusted asses back now! Why you 'bandon post?" and expect to be head 60 or 90 miles away.. maybe he's got some sort of walkie-talkie to rake them over the coals with?

edit on 2012/2/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Nono, only Cecilia is at the hut in Vandalia, with Adam, Squibbs, Skinny, and Sslar.
Drake and Corky and other other two Tumblers are still where they were....
and Ship is back online with them.

Was one of the Tumblers broken?

I left the other two droids-come-lately there in case y'all showed up, so everyone could be informed of whereabouts, etc.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Hi Hi - I just went over your last posts and somewhere I missed how the Squibbs and Skinny got out of the Tumbler II. They'd been in Tumbler I, got curious and went to Tumbler II. From there I lost them.

Can you point me in the right direction? I'm having a hard time figuring out who is where in relation to the Compound and the two Tumbler's that are waiting outside in the Compound for Neno, Chumley, Carpet, etc.

Thanks!

edit on 23-2-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi there!
Yeah, Adam had been teleported back to the ship, and then he and the T3 (Cecilia) came down an hooked up with the other two Tumblers.
It was BIAD's posts: www.abovetopsecret.com... to www.abovetopsecret.com...

The 3 Tumblers were all together, then Cecilia took Adam, who asked for Squibbs and Skinny to come with him, to Gert's Hut.
Her place is (according to neno) about 60 miles or so away (Cecilia got there in a hurry....I don't know how, but she did).

Hope that helps. I'm vaguely familiar with where everyone is....you are northwest, Dag and Ben are east of you about 150 miles...I got confused when Hobbs End became Mcallisterberg, and I think that just sort of *cough* happened. Two different dimensions.

But, Gert's hut was nearer to the tunnel that led behind the waterfall into Home-Town.

The Olis Place, is somewhere nw of Home-Town, too. I take it Hobbs End was northwest of there, although I had pictured it east of Home-Town...

Can someone correct me if I'm screwing it up??
Adam and the droids and Cecilia are now back in the "mid" point, between the others.

How are you feeling, sweetie??
Better I hope.
I worry about you there all alone with your 'doctor'....

I did a google search to have a look at your neighborhood; seems absolutely charming. Wish I could come visit, have some coffee with ya!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well,
I've been reviewing our 3 threads here, trying to get my head wrapped around what's happening...
and in going back to look for the maps,
I realized a bunch of my images have gone...
the viewmaster, the danamhur temple, and a couple of others as well....
because I thought I'd "clean out my uploads closet" and get rid of pics I didn't need anymore.

D O H

*slaps forehead*
Even if I re-upload them from my c drive, they won't appear in the posts anymore, will they.
StOOpid wildtimes...
my husband hates that I watch Hoarders....but it does keep me on my toes for noticing clutter.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Whilst I out-wait this particular chunk of Writer's Block... here's
an image conjoured from your last posting.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Thanks so much for the 'spoon feeding' I'll go back and read again - I don't know how I missed it. And yeah, you're welcome any time - just wait until I feel better and am not contagious!
*hugs*

Beyond that I'll follow the lead back to Ship unless some inspiration whacks me up side the head.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Perfect! That's exactly what it looked like!!
Yeah for BIAD again.

reply to post by silo13

No problem, I think that's where we are. All. I think.
I spent about two hours looking at the story and index and working threads, trying to get it sorted out. Hard to believe we're 3 months into the Saga!!

I've got a bit of a block going, too....
been more active/out and about than usual, and it drains me...
of everything.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I need to get a passport renewal. Now. Before this election, cuz I think it's gonna be a real boat-rocker.
Fingers crossed for Paul/Napolitano....
everyone else just makes me gag and the hair on the back of my neck hurt.
*shudders*

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

How are you feeling, sweetie??
Better I hope.
I worry about you there all alone with your 'doctor'....

I did a google search to have a look at your neighborhood; seems absolutely charming. Wish I could come visit, have some coffee with ya!

I thought about walking over with some hot chicken soup for her, but there's this honkin' big mountain in her back yard that throws FIRE at ya!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Even if I re-upload them from my c drive, they won't appear in the posts anymore, will they.

Nope. they will have a brand-new identification number, and won't link back to the original posts.

my husband hates that I watch Hoarders....but it does keep me on my toes for noticing clutter.

OH NO! Not YOU too! I have to go outside and sky-watch or something when that show comes on - my living room gets invaded, and the show itself drives me batty!

new topics

top topics

<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join