It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 315
<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

OMG I LOVE your new avatar!!! BRAVO!!!

Awesome... perfectly awesome, neno!!!

Yeah, the shots I 'adopted' of Cloud looked very feminine to me, stills of an anime film I've never seen, based on a game I'd never played and only barely heard of.

Still, the face is how I picture Dag.

*clapping and clapping* Now we ALL have our characters as Avatars!!
woo
FREAKIN'
hoo!!

edit on 8-2-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I like your avatar and I think you're right... BIAD will sniff without having
a nose and come a-running!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

i"ve always presumed that BIAD had different means of perception to cover for the apparent absence of visual and olfactory sensory apparatus!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Oh lordy! Gep's gonna die now??
Silo, you never cease to amaze me with your dark twists.... love ya, dear heart!!

I'm watching, guys, and today I went to the chiropractor, and he has improved my left hand function very well (yay!)....
so, during the night here I'll be pondering what Ben and Dag are doing...
I'm thinking they'll go back to Ship.

Anyone have any other ideas/plans?
Hugs all round!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Heads up - neno has a thing about not leaving friendlies behind, living or dead, so he's going to insist on carrying Gep's body out with them for a decent burial outside the town and away from that boat load of miscreants, especially since Pip is going to be tore up over the death.

Reference Post

His mind, of it's own volition it seemed, drifted back to Khalamzadar, that experience that had so damaged his psyche...

... The Captain of the survey ship had indicated it was time to go... to go HOME. As the contingent turned to take him back to the ship - and HOME - Nenothtu spoke up.

"Cap'n, I've got some cargo that needs to go back with me."

"What could you have accumulated in 7 years on nowhere?" the captain responded.

"Walk this way, sir" Nenothtu replied, leading the captain to a damaged chunk of what used to be starship, the one that he had been aboard when it crashed on Khalamzadar. In the cargo hold area, he presented 7 large, oblong metal cargo boxes to the captain. "This is what I have to take back, cap'n. These 7 boxes are all that's left of the 9 men serving under me when we crashed. I'm taking them home, too."

"You want to carry CORPSE CRATES on my boat?. Not a chance. We haven't room on the shuttle to get them aboard ship anyway."

Nenothtu's eyes reddened around the rim, but turned black in the center. Water welled up in them, but never spilled over.

"Alright Cap'n. it's your boat. Be seeing you", and Nenothtu sat down right there in the gloom of the damaged cargo bay.

"Are you trying to tell me that you won't go if I don't carry these bodies back?" the captain asked in a state of wonder.

"Yessir" Nenothtu replied. "That's exactly what I'm telling you." His voice broke slightly, but he cleared his throat and went on. "These was my boys. I couldn't keep 'em alive through 7 years on this rock, but I'll damn well see 'em home, or wait here on the next boat, however long that takes. I've survived this long, I reckon I can make it a little longer. I ain't leaving nobody behind. Least nobody that wasn't eaten by the jungle".

The captain was astonished. "I'm offering you a ride HOME, away from this mess, and you're going to pass that up on a matter of principle?" He simply couldn't understand it.

"Yessir. I might have to make this home, but I ain't leaving without them. Nobody stays behind."

edit on 2012/2/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Well we're not out of the cabin yet. How do you want to handle it? You want us to go on ahead with Silo telling Pip Neno would want it that way? Or do you have something else in mind?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

So sorry about your hand!
That so sucks.

About the 'dark side' - well, life sucks at times. I want the Opera to reflect some truth. Not everyone 'makes it' as you know. And with all the 'resurrecting' we do in the story - yeah - someone's got to kick it once in a while.

Hope you feel better dear!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It's true, it's okay having a 'Get Out Of Jail'-type card with Death being
BIAD's brother, but somebody has to bite the Big One....

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Yep. And it's a sad thing it's Gep. He didn't get to tell even half his story. I hope Pip will. Who knows what will happen there, I don't.

By the way... That scratching at my door last night? I dunno who it was but there was an awful lot a long black hairs scattered about this morning...

Hmmm....

Good weekend to you!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Looks like you got yourself a boy.
What's Neno going to do now?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Looks like you got yourself a boy.
What's Neno going to do now?

well, I fell over asleep, and just roused my cranky butt - well, actually HAD it roused by grandkids, the best alarm clocks I can think of, and once the fog clears I'll figure out what he's gonna do now, but there's stuff to work with there!

I heard noise, got wrestled to the ground (yeah, by little bitty girls, imagine that! What a wuss am I?), put my coffee on, and it ought not to be long before I can get some story brewin', too!

My daughter is in the kitchen making pink pancakes for the girls, and I can't begin to describe how many layers or WRONG pink pancakes look - but the girls eat 'em up - so long as they've got M+M's all over 'em. I can't imagine where these kids get all that energy!

========================================

Pip - I dunno about leaving that boy to fend for himself in the Badlands. He's got pluck aplenty, as most boys do, and thinks he's a man - as ALL boys do, But I just don't know about leaving him there to fend for himself. I'm thinking we need to make the escape, get his pa back to the farm for burial, and figure out what to do about Pip from there.

I'm distracted at the moment - got one girl running in circles through the living room, hallway, den living room - wash rinse, repeat, screaming "I can't stop! My feet are crazy!"

... but pink pancakes don't taste as evil as they look, even with M+M's. I could use the energy, but I hope it don't drive MY feet crazy too!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

UKTENA/QUETZALCOATL ALERT

An odd, flying dragon sort of serpent has apparently been seen - and photographed - in the skies of China.

The photo is what I always pictured the Uktena to look like in my head, but oddly it appears more like the Japanese version of a dragon than the Chinese one. I compared the photo to the dragons carved on the tsuba of a Japanese Katana I have, and they are virtually the same, right down to the tail fin. It's my understanding that Chinese dragons have a rounder head, as compared to the oblong head on this one, and Japanese dragons in general.

Thread with photo

I dunno what it really is - whether an odd, dark cloud (looks a bit like the start of a funnel cloud to me, but it seems to be oriented wrong), Photoshop magic, or what have you, but it looks damned odd. I just found it odd that it showed up right about the time that BIAD was talking to the Uktena in the story...

edit on 2012/2/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

...I just found it odd that it showed up right about the time that BIAD was talking to the Uktena in the story...

BIAD warned me that dabbling with Time-Lines and the such would
trigger all sorts of phenomena, he was knitting a tea-cosy at the time
of the prediction.

Let's see if anyone takes a picture of one of them flying high!!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Still laughing over 'pink pancakes with M&M's' - my gawd it's amazing no ones' called social services, lol! And Grandpa deadpan's 'I wonder where they get all their energy'! ROTFL!

Yeah, we need more kids in the Opera. Looks like Neno's got one now. Too bad the kid's bent on revenge. Maybe Neno can find a pack a M&M's for Pip somewhere in his bag a tricks?

*wink*

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hey guys...
Trying to get my bearings here on the story thread.
BIAD is now with Neno, ...at Hobbs End?
I thought Silo et al were at Mcallisterburg??

And, how fast does Sslar run??
She would easily be at Hobbs End by now; but not 150 miles further west yet, would she?

Or was BIAD just place-shifting?

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

...Or was BIAD just place-shifting?...

Sort of... he had just come out of a 'dreamtime' -type of place with the
Native American Deities, I'd say Hobbs End is where they all are right now.

I think!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Hey guys...
Trying to get my bearings here on the story thread.
BIAD is now with Neno, ...at Hobbs End?
I thought Silo et al were at Mcallisterburg??

Hobbs End = Macallisterburg. One is the Human name, one is the Elven name.

And, how fast does Sslar run??
She would easily be at Hobbs End by now; but not 150 miles further west yet, would she?

I'm figuring it at about 50 miles/day. I can walk 20-30 miles /day, and Sslar is in better shape, so I'm figuring it at about 50 miles a day, unless one of the local deities takes pity and flings a transport on her.

Come to think of it, the 150 mile figure assumes they we already AT Fairy Stones, so I may have to recalculate. There's always a fudge factor, if you hunt for it!

edit on 2012/2/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Still laughing over 'pink pancakes with M&M's' - my gawd it's amazing no ones' called social services, lol! And Grandpa deadpan's 'I wonder where they get all their energy'! ROTFL!

If the SS comes by, I hide the kids and ply the SS officers with pink pancakes - it does the trick every time, and they can't WAIT to get outta there! There aren't generally any repeat visits...

Yeah, we need more kids in the Opera. Looks like Neno's got one now. Too bad the kid's bent on revenge. Maybe Neno can find a pack a M&M's for Pip somewhere in his bag a tricks?

*wink*

If he's already hell bent on revenge, AND has the energy of youth, pumping him up more with M+M's might not be the wisest idea...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Hobbs End = Macallisterburg. One is the Human name, one is the Elven name.

What??
How am I just now knowing this?
Hobbs End was the town on the train line from the underground city attached to where Dag was in her temple.

Silo was out in the desert scrub getting herself all giggly and swoonish over Gep....
150 miles away. To the west of the Hobbs End station!
No?
*slaps forehead*
I told you I needed a map!!

new topics

top topics

<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join