It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 314
<< 311  312  313    315  316  317 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Taggart - that was a dumb move on his part, rifle or not. Since he's in an "upper window", that means there is a building underneath him (probably wooden, heh, heh, heh...). That, together with the fact that he just shot Josephine - who had a gun - right in front of neno (which put said gun right at his previously unarmed feet, eh?) and a couple of matches equals the end of Taggart.

I'll try and write up the end of Taggart later today, but that post was his death, gift wrapped.

Rule One: "don't get killed, because we'll divide up your stuff!"

"That thing goes off you’ll wet your knickers." - I actually got cuffed and arrested for saying something along those lines to a cop one time, one of two times I've been arrested as an adult. The other time, they called ME, and asked me to come down to the station so they could arrest me. I went, of course. Signed off on a piece of paper, and they said "Consider yourself arrested. You can go back home now".

Death and Pandora are of the opinion that neno has never seen a half naked saloon girl, and so will be so easily swayed? I think Puck (Or Oberon, or whoever it was) may have had it wrong when he said "Lord, what fools these mortals be"! 'Sides, neno is an old guy now, and chasin' wimmen is a young man's game!

edit on 2012/2/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Ya think your two friends Carpet and Chumley will try to 'help'?

And yes, I forgot Neno needed to pick up the pistol, but, I figure you'll work that in since I was on dunce mode.

As for Taggart being on an upper floor - tactical mistake - maybe... Maybe not?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Ya think your two friends Carpet and Chumley will try to 'help'?

And yes, I forgot Neno needed to pick up the pistol, but, I figure you'll work that in since I was on dunce mode.

As for Taggart being on an upper floor - tactical mistake - maybe... Maybe not?

Any floor inside a building is a tactical mistake for Taggart - there is a time-honored Vandalian tradition of setting buildings on fire and shooting the inhabitants as they emerge. This tradition goes all the way back to the days of the Indian Wars in the 1700's.

Chumley might try to get in on it, but I think Carpet will more likely stay with Silo to make sure no further harm comes to her in the ensuing mayhem which is about to fall on the quiet, sleepy, peaceful little hell-hole of Macallisterburg.

I'll work the pistol in, no worries. Also, since he went into the saloon, he'll be searching under the bar for a shotgun, as Ben did in the Swamp, and as Eastwood did in "Joe Kidd". Furthermore, raw grain alcohol - along the lines of "everclear" or some of the ingredients in Taos Lightning makes for excellent fire accelerants. That, a few lamps full of lamp oil, a couple of rags and a match or two will have Taggart bailing out in short order.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I just finished downloading 3 different wedding gowns for Pandora. Sharecg is great for free stuff like that. They're all rather bland and satiny, which reminded me of why I have an aversion to weddings!

Now I've got to work up a basic character for Pandora, so I can dress it up as appropriate. I've been working on trying to transfer neno, BIAD, and Silo to the new Genesis figure for Daz 4. As it turns out, I have the Silo face handy, and just developed the neno face, but I think the BIAD face is on a different computer, as is the Silo body. If you can find the BIAD files I sent, and e-mail them back to me, that will help. The Silo face didn't transfer exactly, but I like the new one better - there's less of the "wicked witch" aspect that plagued tho old one.

Some of those Dag pictures that wildtimes posted look to me like they were done in Daz to begin with (the first 3 pictures in that post), and I'd dearly love to find the character files for them, but have no idea where to look.

If I could figure out how to rig figures for bending, I'd try to wheedle the Chumley model out of Silo that she made in that program she found, but I can't figure out the rigging process yet.

I thought while I was at it I might work up a figure for Margo, but can't figure out how to dress it yet. What is the going fashion in Macallisterburg?

Latest neno version, with the new chapeau:

Still needs work on the face, some hair, and whiskers of some sort. Gotta fix those eyes, too. I described them somewhere as blue or gray, and green just don't quite get it!

ETA: Fixed eyes. Still more to do, though, on the face overall...

edit on 2012/2/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

...If you can find the BIAD files I sent, and e-mail them back to me, that will help...

I don't have them anymore.... but I can 'grab' the image from this site and send you
it, would that do?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

No, I already have the image, and it's posted again just above (the picture I made the "haff strong lek Puul much plow" comment about). I'll just have to dig around in the other computer where lives the BIAD model. No problem - I was going to have to anyhow, since the original Sslar is there, too. I'll just grab the whole kit and kaboodle whole I'm in there, and get to re-working them.

Silo - I'm seeing Silo as being about 5 foot nothing - is that about right, or is she taller, shorter, or what?

I've done an exhaustive search for facial hair for neno, and found nothing that actually works. several claim to work, but don't perform as advertised. the closest one leave what appears to be a gray mud pack or layer of clay on his face where a beard ought to be, and that just ain't right!

Bummer. You'd think someone would have put some degree of effort into such a thing, given the plethora of "stuff" that's out there.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I'll get you that Chumley thing if you still need it - for the life of me I can't remember the name of the program - gimme a sec and I will.

Silo? Yeah, about 5'3 I'd say - short but not overly so...

Sculptris! That's it. That Chumley was done in Sculptris! Now I just have to go find it.

Great new Neno by the way.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I don't know if I can rig Chumley for posing or not, but it would be an interesting exercise, and potentially a learning experience. It seems that with Daz, all the learning I can do is by doing! Send it on, and I'll give it a shot.

The final (?) neno face:

- without any expressions -

- full figure -

- the last thing Taggart will ever see -

I don't have a suitable background for that last one to use in the story thread. If anyone can fix that, I'll drop it in.

I've tried exporting these to use in Terragen, which does a much better job of outdoors lighting, but it ain't working very well. It seems that Terragen can't find the textures unless I tell it where they are, and the program is set up in such a way as to make that impossible with as many texture to be applied as this model requires. The list is long, and it squeezes it down to where ever letter is only a couple of pixels tall, making in impossible to click on the surface to tell it where the texture is for that surface.

This is how it turns out, which isn't very agreeable:

ETA: The Dag character - as I was sitting here working these pictures up, I had the TV going to provide noise, and a commercial came on for something called "Final Fantasy". It had the Dag character in it, so now I have a starting point to try and track that character down.

edit on 2012/2/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Actually... to me, his face looks better emotionless! It's as if he's
seen it all and it calls up no opinion or view... just don't get in his way!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I pulled them from an Image search, they are stills from the Final Fantasy artwork for the character Cloud...
probably copyrighted by the originators of the game/movie. I don't know that much about it.

I just saw the face and thought, "That's how I picture Dag."

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
ok just got caught up in the posts to the storyline.

interesting. i have some thoughts, but also need to advise you guys that i can type with my right hand only -- the left ulnar nerve is evidently squashed or has been damaged at the cubital tunnel (elbow)...i have to rest it completely, i fear, with ice packs and splinting. possibly for several days if not weeks..

which doesn't appear to be a huge issue at the moment, fortunately. sorry, though.

adam is with the tumblers. check.
ben and dag are 150 miles east of there tracking Brittle on copperhead rd,
and gert and merlin were going to meet up with pandora last we heard...all of them, including the Native Deities and Charon have deceived adam, dag, and brittle, and i dunno where BIAD is....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Actually... to me, his face looks better emotionless! It's as if he's
seen it all and it calls up no opinion or view... just don't get in his way!

After you mentioned that, I fired up Daz again and removed all the expressive morphs from the gun aiming picture, and danged if it didn't give the whole picture a cold-blooded "nothin' personal, just business" feel.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Well, the character has been done - somewhere, by some one - as can be seen here:

Cloud in Daz

Now it's a matter of seeing if I can find the right files and tweak them!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

LOL!!!!
Yeah, just remember, it's the FACE that I found androgenous, NOT the body.
Like I said, Cloud's female twin.....very female twin

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I agree the nonchalant, insouciant, 'whatever' expression is my preference for Neno when he's blowing someone to smithereens.

He's SO over the whole thing!!!

edit on 7-2-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

No luck coming up with a model for Dag, so I reckon I'll have to make one from scratch. Since the character is "anime" based, I may work it out from the "Aiko" character, or maybe a whole new figure based off of the Genesis figure.

Chumley and neno are fixing to burn Taggart out, and his end is nigh... now where did those troublesome Sisters get to? Heh, heh, heh... And I'll bet Margo is a bit put out by neno throwing a corpse on her. I can hear that conversation now:

"But you threw a dead body on me!"

"Count yer bullet holes, woman! If it comes up to a round figure like 'zero' - an' it don't get much rounder than that - I'll accept that as a 'thanks, neno'!"

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Do you want BIAD and Neno to meet in Hobbs End yet?
Pardon the one line... oh wait, now it's two!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I've never been clear on where Hobb's End is - is it the same place I've been thinking of as "Macallisterburg"? Or some nearby place? Neno is currently tied down in Macallisterburg, burning Taggart out. that shouldn't take long, though...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You're in Hobbs End... I think? just the shadier-part of town and
the Man/Girl is just wandering into the town's edge at the far-end.
Is there anything you wish the bare-legged freak to do?!

edit on 8-2-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I just finished the picture for Taggart's last view.

I had to make the background separate, in Terragen, since Terragen won't handle the complexities of the figure textures - well, it would, if there were some way of setting the textures that didn't involve trying to hit a 2 pixel high target in order to get to the settings, which has to be done for EACH ONE.

Anyhow. the Terragen took about 4 hours, since I had to first manually place each surface on the building, then render it out not once but twice at around 50 minutes per try. The first one crashed when I was gone from the computer for a couple of minutes. I tried to give it a badlands feel by not including any vegetation at all, just dust, dirt, and rock. I changed the color of the landscape from the normal clay gray to something closer to the red clay mud omnipresent in that area, under all the green - which green isn't there in the Space Opera future, due to the nukes and whatnot, which is, I suppose, what makes eastern Kentucky the "Badlands" in the future.

Then, I went and re-rendered the neno figure in Daz as a PNG with a transparent background instead of white, THEN imported both into PaintShop and merged them, THEN opened the result in Irfanview and resized it for display in a thread, since the original covers about 4 times the area of this one at 1280x960 instead of the 640x480 on display. I forgot the bullet hole that Jo put in his hat, but I ain't going through all that again just to figure out how to pop a bullet hole in his hat!

Since I was already up to my elbows in it anyhow, I went ahead and did everything from Daz to the end for a new avatar, too.

Here are the results:

and:

Now on to the post!

edit on 2012/2/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Is there anything you wish the bare-legged freak to do?!

no doubt he will be drawn to the smell of smoke, knowing that neno MUST be somewhere around that! I have confidence he can figure out something to do from there!

new topics

top topics

<< 311  312  313    315  316  317 >>

join