It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 311
<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

OMG! That was AWESOME!!
You rock, dude, totally rock.....

THANK YOU!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Sorry I've been AWOL, guys....

now Pops is back to work I don't have him distracting me and trashing the place...
without picking things up after himself...

gotta love the guy, but what IS IT with MANCAVES? Seriously? Really? It has to look like a bomb went off or you can't be happy? I ask you to clean up after the meal that I shopped for, planned, cooked, and served you...and all you do is stick the chicken carcass in the fridge, and leave all the other remains right where they are? No rinsing, wiping, stacking, tossing out of package bits, .....
What, Were you brought up in a barn?? :down: Major roommate fail.
/mini-rant.

You mess up man-cave by bring order? What wrong you, woman? You not know kitchen where is? Someone need spanked. Maybe pinch and tickle, too! Barn too much the civilized. You no think straight.

Where sammich and beer? < scratch, scratch >

I've been out, too. I've a terabyte and a half of data that was just randomly thrown onto portable hard drives which was in dire need of some sort of organization - think of it as a man-cave on steroids, in a little plastic box. I've spent every waking hour for the last 2 or 3 days trying to kick a path out between the bedroom and the microwave on the blasted tiny things. As it turns out, I've got far more information on odd, arcane things that no one else cares about than I realized. Just had to get all of the similar information into related piles.

I'm trying to wrap my head around developments in the Space Opera such that I can type a coherent episode, but coherence has not been my strong suite lately. I'll try to wedge one in soon, coherent or not.

edit on 2012/1/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Who, I wonder, will be the pissiest about having been lied to?

Neno. Neno will get the pissiest. he hates being lied to, and when neno gets pissy, he stamps his foot. The ground shakes, storm clouds roll in, the sky darkens, lightning flashes, and everything within 40 yards of him withers and falls dead...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Is BIAD going to find the sword where it lays in the path on Copperhead Road?

See, this is where that mind warping time anomaly business that Silo so hates comes directly into play.

In essence, BIAD threw the sword into the lake long ago, during the time of Arthur. That would have no bearing on where it is now, only then

I bury a Swiss watch from 2012 back in 1773. The watch was manufactured in 1971. So then, the watch was made in 1971, I kept it until 2012, then took it back to 1773 and buried it.

Where is it in 2015? That depends entirely on when I dig it up, right? See how twisted this can get?

EDIT TO ANSWER EDIT: But now it's lying rusty and abandoned on Copperhead Road in the 'real-time'...so, what happened to it? How did it wind up in the cave and Neno got hold of it?

That's the main thing, apparently (according to Gert and Merlin, they just told me this morning, though .... big fat liars!.....

Your head is SO gonna be hurting when it gets unraveled!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Note: The "pygmy owl" that BIAD mentions really lives there - we always called them "Screech Owls". They're little bitty things for predatory birds - a big one might go 6 inches tall - highly territorial and absolutely fearless when pissed off. I can imitate their screeches fairly well, and used to go outside at night when I heard them calling back and forth, and join the chorus. They never liked that much. I had one fly so close trying to take my head off that it knocked the hat from my head and I could hear it's beak popping and snapping shut as it flew past my face. Had another go hell bent for leather straight at my face one night out in the woods, and I ducked just in time. It flew over my head - barely - then lit on a rock cliff behind me and gathered itself up for another assault.

They might weigh 4 or 6 ounces, whereas I weighted around 165 lbs. Like I said, they ain't got no fear of nothing when you piss 'em off!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Note on The Caliburn - one possible scenario is that Death and Pandora confront neno with a "we'll have that sword now, please" to which neno pulls the sheath from The Caliburn, tosses it away from himself, and says something along the lines of "Come and take it, then, - if you can - damn yer eyes!" After some hemming, hawing, and posturing, they decide not to, and neno tells them that if they have plans for it, they'd best get to another time line before he has it to do their evil deeds, since he has it now, and being immortal, expects to have it for a very long time.

They go to their other time line for the sword work - *stuff happens* - and presto, it ends up in the dragon's cave where he found it later on to begin with.

Curiously, neno tapped me on the shoulder a while ago and said this "iffen Gert is really the lady of the Lake, and iffen BIAD has tossed the blame sword into the lake in Arthur's time, why don't Gert already have it? Why is she a-pestering me to try an' take it now? Don' make me lop 'er head off - it'd break muh heart, and prolly put me offa muh feed fer a day or two."

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

BRAVO!!!!
Woo hooooooo! That was awesome....
*gasping for air doubled over* Where the HELL have you been??
Nice. So now, Sslar has the sword, and has abandoned Ben and Dag as they're tracking Brittle...

still, it's brilliant....
*bows humbly*
welcome back, Neo neno nenothtu!!!

Yeah, Gert is startin' to piss me off bigtime....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I second the 'Welcome Back' shout!

It's true, the sword may have been passed about through the centuries and
have an interesting history that we may tap into from time to time, but I think we
should not focus too-much on the 'hows' and 'whys'

Those Screech owls... they live in holes in the ground don't they? I remember seeing
a documentary where the staring bird appeared from a rabbit burrow or something.

Again, welcome back.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well, at least I know I'm not the only one who had their head knocked across the room with the whole dang thang....
wow...
here's yer stoopid sammich and beer

EDIT TO ADD:
(Not the man-cave thing...the time-warp weirdness thing)
HUGS!
edit on 30-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Good morning, dear heart! I really like the current avatar of BIAD in the mirror, btw!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

It's true, the sword may have been passed about through the centuries and
have an interesting history that we may tap into from time to time, but I think we
should not focus too-much on the 'hows' and 'whys'

Yeah, there are two schools of thought on sci-fi - the technologists, who seem to have a burning need to explain every tiny little detail of the inner workings of arcane super-quantum hyper luminal gee whiz gizzys, and the other bunch, who just salt in enough to move the story forward. The "survivalist" genre suffers the same sort of breakdown, where every little detail of the equipment has to be explained in depth, and the story gets lost in the translation.

That sort of how and why focus definitely can kill a good story dead by putting the reader to sleep with technical details.

Those Screech owls... they live in holes in the ground don't they? I remember seeing
a documentary where the staring bird appeared from a rabbit burrow or something.

Again, welcome back.

You're probably thinking of Burrowing Owls, which I think are related to Screech Owls, but live farther west. All the Screech Owls I've seen tended to live in hollow trees, like squirrels. Their wings only span a foot or so, and you can't hear them coming until you hear their beaks popping and clacking. There's no "whoosh!" just qa puff of air and that snapping beak noise as they come at you, so it pays to stay low so you can silhouette them against the sky if you're out baiting them like dumb old me. their call is a shrill warbling whistle that trails off at the end - they don't hoot like normal owls.

I'm glad to be back, and hope I'm recharged now. In my reorganization efforts, I ran across a lot of interesting 3d models that I forgot I had, and hope to be able to do something with. I've got cabins, graveyards, ruins, entire sci-fi cities, space craft - even Stonehenge and a single Standing Stone. Assuming I can get them warped around enough to make pictures with, I may be able to use some of it in the Opera. I can't compete with the fantastic images you throw into your posts via the magic of Photoshop, but may be able to muddle through a couple using another route.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Good morning, dear heart! I really like the current avatar of BIAD in the mirror, btw!!

Me too - and his brother staring back out of the mirror adds a special significance to it, eh?

ETA: The "stoopid sammich and beer" thing - hey, at least I didn't ask ya to actually cook anything! I operate on the assumption that is why the gods gave man microwave ovens, frozen burritos, and ramen noodles! We can handle that on our own!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Actually, sammiches are the easiest of all...and my preferred source of nutrition....
but then, I only eat maybe twice a day....on average. Some days not at all, other days once....today I ate twice though, and leftovers RULE!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'm scared to go to the story line.
If I see a watch around anywhere I'm running...
Thanks Neno for that brain cramp!
Ok, I know I'm going to regret this - but - how, pray tell, does it matter when you did the watch up?
Wait. Never mind. I don't want to know.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Ok Neno, so you're about to run into two you's standing in the shadows guarding that little cabin.
I can't wait to hear Neno's reaction to seeing double! Inside the cabin of course is the dying guy Gep, Pip his son, Margo and Silo... Have at it - I don't want to muddle up that whole reunion.

BIAD If you'd like to take over the Tumbler's fighting and Skinny/Squibbs please feel free - they're your creations and it's your newest addition that's about to land on top of them!

I'll sit back and watch for a few posts.

Good to see you back Wild!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Oh great! I changed my avi before I came here!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
deleted....problem resolved.

edit on 31-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks!!
I'll be around more now...
Hey, do we need to ask masqua to insert the two Index posts where they go, or shall we just post the one I've drafted above?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimesHey, do we need to ask masqua to insert the two Index posts where they go, or shall we just post the one I've drafted above?

If I'm needed, a quick pm with the content of the edit (plus the exact location to insert it) will suffice.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

How did you do that?!
I'll wager you have Masqua in a small tin lamp and when rubbed,
an arm-folded Genie-Moderator appears and doffs his jewelled turban
at the blushing and giggling Wildtimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join