It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 294
<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

It's bad enough (or BIAD enough!)... that he's in the kitchen making
the cake! (you should see him with his chef's hat on... ridiculous!)

Yeah, but I bet that wig does a heck of a job as a cake mixer!

Happy Birthday - isn't this like the 3rd year in a row you've turned "51"?

Maybe 51 is the new 39?

Is that YOU, Jack?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

No problems... take your time and enjoy it!

When Death drops in to see his brother, he always puts
on these elaborate disguises.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Okay, dude. have a request...PLEASE give me until tomorrow to do Adam's next scene.
I've got it halfway done -- then husband put on "Big Bad John" and some crap song about 1812 that was NOT the William Tell Overture....completely disrupting my train of thought. (He turns things up WAY too loud).

No such thing as "too loud". If your ears ain't bleeding, it ain't loud ENOUGH!

"In 1814
we took a little trip
Along wit Colonel Jackson
Down the mighty Mississip..

We took a little bacon
And we took some Sauerkraut
And we marched along together
'Till we seen the Girl Scouts.."

Ah crap! I think I'm getting my songs all mixed up. Cucamonga ain't nowhere NEAR New Orleans, is it?

Someone is going to relate a story to Adam touching on the futility of confronting Death. Might even include neno (a past episode) I promise you will laugh. Or at least smile and be entertained.

This oughtta be interesting! That confrontation had some..ummm... "negative" repercussions for neno... Death always takes his toll, and some times it's one ya don't see coming!

edit on 2011/12/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

What, were you here?!! Yeah, that's the song...!!
Aggrgghh!!

It was loud enough that you could hear it where you are. .... and your ears would STILL bleed.
Sheesh you guys are like twins.
And yet, he refused to get into an airsoft match with me later after we watched Boondock Saints.

See how you guys are? See??!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

What, were you here?!! Yeah, that's the song...!!
Aggrgghh!!

It was loud enough that you could hear it where you are. .... and your ears would STILL bleed.
Sheesh you guys are like twins.
And yet, he refused to get into an airsoft match with me later after we watched Boondock Saints.

See how you guys are? See??!

Airsoft? Those little plastic pellets sting, dammit! I have a military kevlar flak jacket if he needs it... but they don't protect things like EARS which ya'll LOVE to shoot at for some reason!

That was actually TWO songs - the first verse was from "The Battle of New Orleans", and the second was from "The Battle of Cucamonga". Same tune, different words:

"in nineteen and fifty nine
we took a little hike
with our Scout master
down to Legamigamyke

We took a little bacon
and we took some sauerkraut
and we marched along together
'till we seen the Girl Scouts

OH We're the boys
from Camp Cucamonga
our mothers sent us here
for to study Nature's ways

we learned to make sparks
by rubbing sticks together
but if we catch the girls
then we'll set the woods ablaze!

The Coun'sler said
we could take 'em by surprise
if we didn't say a word
until we looked 'em in the eyes

so we crept real still
and we kept out eyes a-glued
'till we seen how they was dressed
they was swimmin' in the...

WELL now!

OH they ran through the briars
and the ran through the brambles
and they ran through the bushes
where a rabbit couldn't go

They run so fast
even we couldn't catch 'em
From Legamigamyke
all the way to Buffalo!"

That's how I recall it, anyhow. it may not be exact, and "Legamigamyke" might not be spelled like that - but Cucamonga (Koo ka MON gah) is. I typed that out so that IT would be stuck in your head all day, rather than the Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Rivers, as I recall. You're welcome

Yeah, I was there. that's me hanging there on the wall.

No, to your left.

No, your OTHER left...

edit on 2011/12/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

You reminded me of some things Adam has experienced that have now been worked into the post also!!
He'll be back, but later...
meantime, BIAD is on his own....tell us what his experience is?

(Oh, and his brother's beloved Pandora is for now otherwise engaged....)

But there's a number of openings for guys to participate with Adam if they are coordinated enough to do some shakin' it....
see latest post for more...
Fun with Faeries. I'll get to the story-time with Adam in my next...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Ha ha very funny

now the damn thing WILL be stuck in my head. But that's okay, cuz I just stuck one in HIS head...
and he says he didn't want to shoot it out last night because he has a job interview tomorrow and doesn't want a big welt above his right eye at the hairline.

Fair enough. Oh, and he has a kevlar jacket. But we're not panty-waists. The most we do is use eye-protection.
And yes, we turn all the lights off. House is big enough to have multiple thru-ways and plenty of hidey-hind furniture.

Hanging on the wall, eh? Yeah, I saw you. Disguised as a little sticky security bleeper thing that he peeled of the Boondock Saints box and STUCK THERE. Stuck it ON THE WALL. I kid you not. I said "what is that?"
"It's the little sticky security thing."
"So you stuck it on the WALL?"
He sighed and pulled it off and I threw it into the box of aluminum cans and continued poking at the fire .

Now as I've read him that, he says he was going to save it until his next trip to sucky Kmart and stick it under the handle of one of the shopping carts. Just to mess with 'em. "Cuz they suck."

Yeah, right. Nice save....it would've hung there on that wall until I am dead and buried...and don't you think it wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Now as I've read him that, he says he was going to save it until his next trip to sucky Kmart and stick it under the handle of one of the shopping carts. Just to mess with 'em. "Cuz they suck."

I had a... uhh... friend... yeah, THAT'S it! A ... friend... who used to take them, peel them off in the store, and then lay them on the floor in front of the shelves, sticky side up, so that when folks stepped on them,... well, I suppose you can guess the rest...

Now was that Boondock Saint I, or Boondock Saints II? I've got 'em both, but I think the first one was the better one.

Adam following strange women? Dag will be VERY cross with him!

Now I've got images of Benny Hill stuck in my head! Thanks fer that!

Bog bodies? That's just spooky. The one that intrigues me the most isn't really even that old - Meenybradan. I've always wondered what her story was. Gallagh runs a close second - that guy walked the earth when the bronze wasp-tail swords were in high fashion when the Fir Bolgs and the Tuatha de Danaan were the inhabitants of Ireland. If them bodies could talk...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It was Boondock Saints the first, not the second (we have both as well)...

and I agree on the betterness.

Yeah, bog bodies really intrigue me, too...I'll look into the Fir Bolgs, and I need to refresh my knowledge of the Tuatha as well. I'm currently reading Sarum, and have reached the part where Boudicca's people got slaughtered.

Well, Dag won't have a whole lotta room to talk, will she? Sneaking off with Brittle like she did, and he's no eyesore. Not to worry, we WILL find out how that confrontation goes...in time...(as well as the ones between Dag and Pandora, Brittle and Adam, and Brittle and Pandora.....)

At the moment, though Dag and Adam are still worlds away from each other.

edit on 7-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Okay, took me all morning...but you all have a really long chapter now - posts 4-7 --
and now it's time for you to tell ME who is stepping out of the shadows.

Could be any number of our other friends, but it's a male.

ENJOY!!
(BIAD, I hope you don't mind me using Death and Pandora in this sequence)..
if so, let me know, I can change it round....
edit on 7-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Okay, took me all morning...but you all have a really long chapter now - posts 4-7 --
and now it's time for you to tell ME who is stepping out of the shadows.

Could be any number of our other friends, but it's a male.

Great read - it almost had me trying to give the award to Wile E. Good thing I ain't on the jury - ACME would be bankrupt!

That "male voice" sounds suspiciously like neno in it's irascibility - demanding answers from Death and insisting that the boom be lowered ("bring it on, big boy! Let's get this thing rolling! Hit me with yer best shot!" sort of thing, it sounds like), and all that, but I've no idea how he would have gotten from the Witches's cabin to Stonehenge, or the nondescript cityscape, so it probably ain't him.

BIAD seems to have lately develops a similar "bad attitude" from hanging out with neno I presume, but I doubt he'd turn it on his brother - on the other hand, he's delivered a couple of other surprises, so who knows?

Tibbs, I dunno - I've always imagined his voice to be similar to that of the Travelocity Gnome, just borderline male, because of his stature. Not enough "sound chamber" to produce a booming rumble.

Chumley? It didn't seem to exhibit Chumley's charming vernacular.

Who does that leave?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

(BIAD, I hope you don't mind me using Death and Pandora in this sequence)
.. if so, let me know, I can change it round....

No... nooooo! Leave it alone, that is absolutely great!

Edit:
Adam's torment for Dag can be explained with the narrative linked
here:
Adam's Heart and His Worries...

edit on 8-12-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm thinking I need to get neno in motion again, but have no idea which direction he needs to go. It seems prudent to gather up some of the crew, and at the moment only Sslar and ErnieBen are unoccupied, I believe, but don't recall exactly where last they were left. I'll have to dig into that.

More coordinates:

Mouth of Daugherty's Cave
36°56'04.11" N 82°03'40.73" W

Falls
36°57'12.26" N 82°01'27.29" W

These falls are a cascade of 3 falls. They flow across 3 benches of rock, forming 3 waterfalls They are right at the foot of River Mountain, and any passageway behind them would go directly back into the mountain. In the real world, there is no such passageway, but the hills leading up to the mountain from them are shot full of sink holes, so they ARE hollow. No telling what 300 years may bring. I'm nominating them for The Falls in the story, leading in to the underground.

Oddly, going up from the falls to the mountain ridge would take Dag and Brittle just past the little cabin where neno is sitting yakking with the witch Gert. How's that for ships passing in the night? Once on the mountain ridge, directly ahead, past Elk Garden and on the easterly end of Brumley mountain, between it and Beartown, is a "gap" ("Hayter's Gap") leading through the mountain down into the Holston Valley on the other side. at the other, Westerly end of Brumley Mountain is another gap, "Little Moccasin Gap", leading to the same valley at Abingdon. Even further southwest along the ridge is the 3rd gap, Big Moccasin Gap. That's the one the Wilderness road went through on it's way to the Cumberland Gap and onward to Kentucky. In those days, the "Main Rod to Clinch" ran through Hayter's Gap, into Elk Garden where there was the first encountered of a string of forts along Clinch.

Bundy's Cave
36°53'34.23" N 82°07'51.61" W

The largest cave mouth in the region. This is the cave that dye was poured into which came out at Daugherty's Cave, showing that they are in fact connected underground. back in the day, there was another fort near here, called "Glade Hollow Fort".

Gray's Cave
36°54'31.12" N 82°05'49.86" W

The cave where I saw the underground river. It's the cave that the long hunters came out of when they went into Daugherty's Cave to escape from indians, so it seems that it too is interconnected into the same cave network.

Breaks Canyon
37°17'10.62" N 82°18'41.22" W

Also called "the Grand Canyon of the South" by promoters. It's a sight to behold, but pretty darn pale in comparison to the real Grand Canyon. Going to it in Google Earth, there are several photos linked to the area to give you an idea of what it looks like now. It comes to mind because of the relative proximity to the Olis Spread, and because Silo made specific mention of a nearby canyon in one of her posts. It is where the Russell Fork River cuts through Pine Mountain, and would be a natural avenue of approach to the Olis place and the town near it from where the rest of the characters are.

Carter Fold
36°40'05.90" N 82°24'48.07" W

This is just for grins and giggles. It's where Johnny Cash's wife, June Carter, was raised, and is not far from Big Moccasin Gap. The family still has a big music and dancing shindig there every Saturday night, but it's been about 4 years or so since I've been to it. My folks used to go down there pretty often. Yup, "down" there. In the mountains, "down" tells you which way the land lays, and is determined by water flow - from "up" to "down". "Down" actually IS down, not "south" as most folks see it on a map. we lived in the higher mountains, north of here, so it's "down" either way.

The panoramic view from neno's rock will be showing up in Google Earth before long. It's been accepted, after a little work on it, and will probably be in the next batch of pictures Google adds.

That's today's geography lesson.

Not sure which way neno needs to go from here. I'm thinking hard about running in to Sslar and Ben, getting a couple of horses, and heading for the Breaks, towards the Olis place. The badlands would likely start on the far side of Pine Mountain, it being a natural barrier, and the wasteland at some indeterminate place beyond the Border Lands there. The Breaks is the closest natural avenue from "here" to "there". I'm just not sure yet what "logical" ( as logical goes) reason would send them off towards Silo yet, though.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Okay, I just re-read this...and you've sparked an idea for where Dag is going next.
If you do a google map search for directions from Lebanon to Fairy Stone State Park, you'll see the 150-mile route that Brittle needs to take to get to the portal to Avalon from Vandalia.

Where, in relation to Lebanon, is the witch's hut? I loved that scene...
I'll go back to check it again, to see if you specified her coordinates, but if by any chance she is near Hobbs End, well, that could make for some really interesting synchronicity here, and hook up Brittle with old Gert, and Neno with Dag...and maybe even Silo and Pip??
hmmmm.
Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure the male voice was, in fact, Boy in a Dress....and he's feeling pissed that the story is about Neno...

EDIT TO ADD: (I don't know for sure that the story IS in fact, about Neno, but it crossed my mind, and I can see Neno fling a lawsuit against Death for shoddy workmanship!)

Or is the intruder possibly,.....Skinny?? Somehow? Or a new NPC?
Or.......Gep????

I dunno, that's why I've gone back to Vandalia and got Dag and Brittle back in action. They'll need horses. But first they have to get to Hobb's End, and it's too close to Solstice for her to walk the streets and ride the rails safely. So she's going as a "gypsy."

Can't wait to see the rest!!
We have all sorts of possible meetings-up and tense separations...great job, guys and gal!
edit on 8-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Edit:
Adam's torment for Dag can be explained with the narrative linked
here:
Adam's Heart and His Worries...

That was just evil. Now, not only is Benny Hill stuck in my head again (I think he really wants OUT - it's dark and scary in there!) but I'm also hungry,,,

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Well, pardner, we seem to be on the same wavelength here....lol!!

Dag is now back underground in Home-Town, but they have not got her successfully disguised yet. Maybe she will be seen and mobbed, and they'll have to leave without the gypsy garb, via the Falls entrance again. Without the horses they intended to borrow, they are on foot instead...reduced to trudging in the cold...and.. and.. and they can come across Neno (and/or Gert) on their way up?

Then the lot of them could go to Fairy Stone Park together?? Or Gert could know of a closer portal? And also know who Dag is?

We have an exciting bunch of scenes to write, guys!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wow, guys, check out this link, brand new thread on BAN -- a real "Witch House" has been unearthed in England. BIAD, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe York is north of Essex, correct? And we are in the southwest of the Island at Stonehenge...headed for Glastonbury even further south and west. Is that correct?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How cool is this? All coming together so well!!

Silo, where are you!!???? PAGING

S i l o 13

Is it Gep who has stumbled upon Death, Adam and Pandora????
I'm thinking it might very well be....

Or who is it???

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That was just evil. Now, not only is Benny Hill stuck in my head again
(I think he really wants OUT - it's dark and scary in there!) but I'm also hungry,,,

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Yeah, I've wandered the highways and byways all around the Glastonbury
and the Stonehenge area,

The Witch House is in York (about one hour's drive from where I am) and
is not too-far from the Scottish border (sort of!)

York -North, Stonehenge -South.

Stonehenge is in the outskirts of Amesbury in the South... west abit and
Glastonbury is in Somerset -which is just below the River Severn on a map.

My favourite stone-circle is The Rollright Stones near Chipping Norton.
That's down that way too and I have a tale about those rocks that makes
BIAD's nylons roll up-and down!!

edit on 8-12-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

That's down that way too and I have a tale about those rocks that makes
BIAD's nylons roll up-and down!!

Well, there you have it! Your setup, Monsieur mon ami.....prithee, DO TELL!!

new topics

top topics

<< 291  292  293    295  296  297 >>

join