It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 284
<< 281  282  283    285  286  287 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You go -Girl!
I'm all-a-quiver with who the stranger is who has grabbed Dag.
BIAD is too, although, on those high-heels it seems more
pronounced!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Me too!! Or even if it's a human! hmmmm......shortage of women; anyone could see a lone one as a treasure stumbled upon like a winning lottery ticket!!

Hope I didn't misrepresent BIAD at all. Yeah, Adam is gonna start feeling jealous of him...and everyone else...

and I know I've said that in the eons to follow he and Dag would reminisce, etc., but -- well, they can't just stay blindly in love for ever!! (Well, maybe Adam could. Somehow I'm getting the vibe that he's not the sharpest blade in our tool-kit) (Not to imply Dag isn't a gem, just that he maybe isn't as insightful as some others might be.)

I'm thinking BIAD wouldn't even suspect Adam could be jealous of him, but then again, he has a knack for seeing into others, eyes or no!!

So, would you please show us what he DOES think?? And I'll take Adam from there...
edit on 21-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Sorry for the delay... leaking Rad!! (New Boiler teething)

I think BIAD would takle it straight on, if he thought there was any jealousy,
he wouldn't want Adam in any anguish because:
1. It's not nice... and BIAD strives for nice, remember -he's been told by Tibbs
that some day, he'll be The Devil and he's resisting any stain on his spirit.

2. A jealous guy doesn't see things straight, and when dealing with the unknown
or an unknown planet -he wouldn't be thinking correctly.
Ergo, he be a danger to himself and possibly BIAD. (Neno taught him that)

So, BIAD wouldn't give off any indication that he was 'tipping his hat' to Dag (if he
had a hat!)
edit on 21-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I think BIAD would takle it straight on, if he thought there was any jealousy,
he wouldn't want Adam in any anguish because:

That's what I'm asking, does he even think there is?? I'm thinking it wouldn't even occur to BIAD that there was jealousy.

2. A jealous guy doesn't see things straight, and when dealing with the unknown
or an unknown planet -he wouldn't be thinking correctly.
Ergo, he be a danger to himself and possibly BIAD. (Neno taught him that)

Exactly!

So, BIAD wouldn't give off any indication that he was 'tipping his hat' to Dag (if he
had a hat!)

I don't think he is tipping his not-hat to her, I think he's just a nice guy trying to not become the Prince of Darkness. I feel like he gives affection/fondness easily, doesn't judge others, and is sort of almost innocent in a way...so, I'm imagining he might wonder

"what the hell is wrong with Adam lately?" But not have a clue it might be jealousy. And, it isn't gonna be just BIAD that she measures Adam against (or compares him to). Just his manliness in general.

After all, she JUST RECENLTY became all woman...had her first taste of infatuated head-over-heels-in-love ecstasy, but, like a women with brains, she's beginning to look around her more objectively.

I haven't revealed all of Adam's weaknesses yet; not even sure I know all of them.

I'm going back to re-read him from his "beginning", and then do a survey for him ....but yeah, the ether is wearing thin for Dag, and Adam is gonna have to step up -- all on his own -- if he's going to keep her.

heh heh....
That's the great part, to me, about our "team" of writers here: two women, two men, gives it a nice balance.
You both seem to understand women pretty well from a man's pov; and I think Silo and I are both insightful to some degree into men; but we don't actually KNOW what the opposite sex is all about ----
makes for good drama/comedy and suspense!

ETA: Sorry for My Own delay -- had to go to the chiropractor and pick up beer

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

When it comes to women, BIAD... like most men, is at a loss
at what Dag may be thinking. I couldn't help him... my marraige
is only a mere 28 years... she's still a mystery to me.

But I'm sure you'll help Adam along his trail and to a safe harbour.

Chiropractor and Beer...?
That's like going to a Gynacol.... STOP THAT, BAID... NOW!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yeah, I saw I wrote that and almost clarified it, but wanted you guys to have a laugh.
No, he really DOES sell beer!
No, he doesn't. But the beer shop is on the way home....
going to read your latest now...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

LOL!!
Good gawd, that was hilarious!!!
Ohhh....*sigh of the relief of a good gut-busting laugh*

okay, I'll give the next a shot....
um...is there any way it could be...Yes! There IS a way!!
Okay, here we go!!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

wow

Hey you guys.....check out this article (from a thread in paranormal studies). I SOOOOO want to use this place in our new story!!

Eighth wonder of the world? The stunning temples secretly carved out below ground by 'paranormal' eccentric

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Okay, so, this is where Dag is being taken. Of course, we're not in Italy, but this is the place in Vandalia where she's going to wind up...

Lookie!! Look Look! It's FABULOUS!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

... Does neno get the brunette who can't speak English in the end?

I checked with the ATS Writing Guild and apparantly, it's obligitory.

It'll be a blast we wander down this particular avenue... what do you think?

I dunno - I'm not particularly keen on following someone else's story line. Wouldn't that borderline on copyright infringement?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

heh heh....
That's the great part, to me, about our "team" of writers here: two women, two men, gives it a nice balance.
You both seem to understand women pretty well from a man's pov; and I think Silo and I are both insightful to some degree into men; but we don't actually KNOW what the opposite sex is all about ----
makes for good drama/comedy and suspense!

The only thing a man need to know about women is that a man can't know anything about women!

Seriously - many,many moons ago an older woman took pity on me, drew me aside, and flat out told me everything one needs to know about women. I'll not divulge what she said - she already broke the Oath of the Sisterhood once!

ETA: Sorry for My Own delay -- had to go to the chiropractor and pick up beer

Your chiropractor sells beer, too? I want him to open a shop in MY neighborhood!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yeah, I saw I wrote that and almost clarified it, but wanted you guys to have a laugh.
No, he really DOES sell beer!
No, he doesn't. But the beer shop is on the way home....
going to read your latest now...

Dammit! You had my hopes up, and now they've been crushed!

Typical female behavior...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hee hee!!
Yeah, normally I re-read sentences I type to make sure the syntax works...saw what I'd written, went to edit it, then said.....
Naaaa...
they'll get a kick out of it.

Hey, I've posted a new one on the Opera thread....
and did you look at the Eigth Wonder thingy??

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

...And on we go!

I'm imagining a population that deals with rivots and iron, steam and
oily-things, industrial stuff. These Elves build things that click, whirr
and make 'Kachunk' sounds.

Is it okay?

Edit: the temple-idea can be incorperated into it... lavish, overdone
that sorta-thing.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

wow

Hey you guys.....check out this article (from a thread in paranormal studies). I SOOOOO want to use this place in our new story!!

Eighth wonder of the world? The stunning temples secretly carved out below ground by 'paranormal' eccentric

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Okay, so, this is where Dag is being taken. Of course, we're not in Italy, but this is the place in Vandalia where she's going to wind up...

Lookie!! Look Look! It's FABULOUS!

That part of the world they're in is called "karst" terrain - it's mostly variants of limestone which has washed away into long systems of cave tunnels. the ground is like swiss cheese. There are caves (some pretty big) literally EVERYWHERE, and large "sinkholes" where several caves have collapsed.

During the Revolution era, two white guys went into one ("Daugherty's Cave") to escape from pursuing Indians, and came out of another one 6 miles away ("Gray's Cave") having traveled the entire way Underground, mostly along an underground river. I've seen that underground river myself, found it by going into the Gray's Cave entry into the system. I won't tell you what I saw in that river - I'm still not quite sure what it was myself.

Daugherty's Cave has been the recent subject of archaeological excavations, revealing human habitation there, sporadically, going back 11,000 years. Most of the people who LIVE there are unaware of those excavations.

Likewise, on the left side of the panorama picture is an enigmatic area. It's called "Elk Garden". The mountain at far left is Beartown Mountain. The long ridge that you see next is Clinch Mountain. The bowl between the two is Elk Garden. In the 1950's burial caves were found to be endemic in Elk Garden, going back thousands of years as well. A lot of the remains were recovered and analyzed, but many are still in place, and many were sealed back in. Again, most of the people living there are entirely unaware of it.

I can SEE an underground complex like that being hidden there.

The photos were taken from a place called "Big Rock", which is exactly as described, atop River Mountain. Once, in the night time, traveling a trail on River Mountain without benefit of a flashlight (I never carries one) I heard what sounded like machinery clanking from somewhere underground. Never got it located, but it was only a particular spot, about 6 feet long along the trail, where I could hear it. Sounded like it was coming from inside the mountain itself, but it was really probably being reflected from somewhere and focused at that spot by the lay of the land.

Yeah, I can REALLY see an underground complex there!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yeah, I was thinking elves, too....
that she was taken by elves, and this is where she's being taken TO...
BECAUSE they think she's the Goddess they've been looking for....

I tweaked the window pic a bit....

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Back in a couple hours - gotta git for work, will be back from there.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I won't tell you what I saw in that river - I'm still not quite sure what it was myself.

TYPICAL man.. .get me all intrigued.. and then, Nope, not gonna tell you.
DAMMIT!!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I won't tell you what I saw in that river - I'm still not quite sure what it was myself.

TYPICAL man.. .get me all intrigued.. and then, Nope, not gonna tell you.
DAMMIT!!

As one of my friends would say - "It's a ROCK, dammit!"

Out in the middle of the underground river was a big, gray, ovoid "rock". It was about 4 feet long and 2 feet wide, looked sort of like a big gray egg with just the top sticking out above water. I was standing there looking at it, marveling over how much water and how much time it had taken to wear it down to that shape, and playing the beam of my mining lamp over it, when it suddenly SUNK, just submerged in the water leaving swirling ripples on the surface.

No noise, no splash, just BLOOP! and it was gone.

I've never found where that river comes out at, but it had a gentle current, so it was moving water. A number of the sinkholes on the surface have what they call "sinking creeks" which run into the ground in the sinkholes, but never come back out. I suppose they are what feed water into the system, but I never found where it comes back OUT.

One long hollow, called "Glade Hollow", has just GOBS of sinkholes in it. It is about 6 miles long, and is at the end of the ridge I was standing on when I took the pictures. Also at the end of the ridge, right where Glade Hollow starts, is a series of 7 small lakes. I'm taking it to be the area of the lake where our intrepid adventurers are in the story. from those lakes, to the northeast is the mountain, and to the southwest runs Glade Hollow.

There is a large creek, Cedar Creek, which bisects Glade Hollow just west of the lakes, That entire area is eat up with cedar trees, which is why I found it interesting when BIAD specifically mentioned putting cedar on the fire at the lakes as fuel. As a matter of fact, the nearest town is named "Lebanon", in recognition of all the cedars there. Those "cedars" are not real cedars - they're Eastern Junipers - but everyone around here refers to them as "Cedar Trees".

Daugherty's Cave is right on the banks of Cedar Creek, and Gray's cave is at the other end of Glade Hollow.

I used to find hard brown balls growing on the cedars, which after a rain had long, orange, rubbery tentacles sprouting from them, I never knew what those were until recently, when I found out about a fungal disease called "Apple-Cedar Rust". That's what they are.

I always thought they were some kind of Regallian delicacy, or maybe a Regallian pet or something!

edit on 2011/11/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

...which is why I found it interesting when BIAD specifically mentioned putting cedar
on the fire at the lakes as fuel...

Yeah... the channels must be open again!

Now I wonder what the underground home that Tibbs and his girlfriend Gray move
into - will be called?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Now I wonder what the underground home that Tibbs and his girlfriend Gray move
into - will be called?

Oddly, Gray's Cave would be just the place for a ... Gray. It's the single most defensible piece or real estate I've ever seen. Not only does the cave entrance provide a "choke point", so that you can't get rushed by a bunch of people - they have to come one at a time - but there is a chamber ABOVE the entrance with holes in the floor of the chamber, where... "things" ... can be dropped from above on anyone entering, and they can't drop stuff back at you!

top topics

<< 281  282  283    285  286  287 >>

join