It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 280
<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I had a sudden feeling that Silo, WildTimes and myself were going to slam our
empty beer glasses on the table and chant "Neno... Neno... Neno!"

It looks like they're awaiting for you to lead the way and just a word of advice,
use the keyboard -this time and not that damned pistol!!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So where's Silo again? I have no idea. Sorry. I remember telling ya'll this is where I'd need my hand held...

Are we past, limbo, present? And what 'present'? The one with earth or without it?

Oh and Silo left the bar but is now where again? Then again - If Silo's nowhere in the story that's fine. Maybe it's better Silo just stays lost.

And no, that doesn't mean anyone else should find her thanks. Like I said I think it's time to reign in control of my main character.

The rest like Carpet, etc. Have at 'em.

Later!

edit on 18-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sweetie, you were in the bar, dancing. And then you were not.
So...where are you??

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Don't you remember...? You walked down the aisle with BIAD,
yeah... you remember...? You wore a clown's suit and the Man/Girl
wore the Shirley Temple-number.

Neno got drunk and wandered off with the Bridesmaid and WildTimes
jumped on the table and sang 'You Are Always On My Mind' in a Presley
voice.

Yeah... you remember now, nuh?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

and WildTimes
jumped on the table and sang 'You Are Always On My Mind' in a Presley
voice.

Yeah... you remember now, nuh?

Oh, thanks. Thanks very much. Ta. HOW much did I pay you to keep that quiet????!!!

*notes to self: never expect BIAD to honor good bribes*

But, my singing was KICKASS, eh?
Yeah.
I thought so, too.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Have you all ever seen a movie called "Vampires Anonymous"? A comedy, about a vampire going through a 12 step program to quit. I found it interesting. Especially the scenery. The only copy I've found so far was in Russian, and it was a bit of a culture shock - seeing these vampires fighting one another and speaking Russian, right here where I am sitting this very instant.

Now I'm afraid to leave my little cabin in the dark.

I'll get that post rolling shortly, so at least we'll know where neno is.

I hope he's not trapped as "the Stranger" in that gawdawful Russ Meyer film from 1962 called "Wild Gals of the Naked West"!

At least I think I hope that...

"This town was so bad that we was ashamed to name it."

edit on 2011/11/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Don't you remember...? You walked down the aisle with BIAD,
yeah... you remember...? You wore a clown's suit and the Man/Girl
wore the Shirley Temple-number.

That was BIAD?
Damn that Carbiox whiskey IS strong...
I thought I was seeing things...

So, since you were there... Maybe you can help...

Are we in the past, the present and if we are in the present, does that present contain Earth as we knew it?

*Silo will never drink again*...

Until next time.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Nice badge - must'a hurt like hell getting pinned on.

And since you brought up vampires. I surely hope we're not going to go start hunting them? I'm sooooo sick of all the vampire stuff.

I'd do it, but just tossing my stake into the pile before hand.

Edit after reading your post

So, in the whole Ripp thing. If Neno is back on earth - for Silo to be able to interact with Neno there - they'd have to beeeeeee in what? A place/time where the earth never blew up and it's the present? Cause if it's the past, Silo couldn't be there no? Or yes.

Oh hell. I knew this was coming, lol.

Thanks

edit on 19-11-2011 by silo13 because: ETAA

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

We seem to have become independent of time. Silo can be wherever/whenever Silo wants to be!

Where/when neno is, the Earth never got exploded by them mean old Buzzards.

Now, if Silo intends to interact with neno, it would be most helpful for both to be in the same place, and the same time. That place and time can be anywhere, anywhen, but they both need to be occupying the same set of anywheres and anywhens.

I won't trouble you with the whole "multiple copies of the same person living in multiple timelines of the multiverse" thing. For all practical purposes you can assume no such thing exists for the time being. I think we should all have gone back to the same "time line", to reduce overhead costs and put us all on the same page, and if that be the case, none of the rest of the time lines in the entire multiverse matter even a little bit.

Isn't having become god-like and being able to make decisions like that which affect an entire fictional universe fun?

edit on 2011/11/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I presume(d) we were all going to be in the same time/place.
Do we know yet when that is? A earth past, an earth present of future as in 'space age' type earth?
It doesn't seem too far in the future as Neno's fallen right into his piece of heaven... But who knows, by 'then' (in the future) maybe man figured out how to conserve earth? Oh hell too many questions.

-----> So we're all in the same place, time, etc and we just don't know when that is yet.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

For the "when" it might be best to plop us right back into the same time frame that we originally left from... or maybe not. I'm up for whatever way anyone wants to take it.

I'm not sure why neno wound up on Earth, especially a part of Earth he would recognize intimately, but that seems to indicate some sort of conscious thought directed him there, sort of a "see? it worked - here's confirmation" thing. There's no particular reason that everyone else would have been dropped off there, too.

Maybe the Universal Intelligence That Sorts Stuff Out put everyone back where they originally came from, maybe something else happened. Maybe everyone is in the woods on the mountain there, maybe they are scattered across the galaxy at their own points of origin. Maybe there was some other selection criteria for the point of return for each character - it would just plain suck for Silo and Dag to be returned to Lab, for example, while Adam got sent back to his point of origin.

Near as I can tell, the writers will have to decide for themselves where the characters return to, both their main characters and their NPCs. In the case of Yydryl, that may be easier to decide, as Ship herself can serve as a rallying point for the Yydryl characters, and everyone may have been transported right along with her.

For the others, it's not so easy to decide.

Is BIAD back on Earth too? If so, is he in Roswell, Vandalia, or maybe even Casablanca?

Where is Sslar? back just outside of Tibbs' tower, screeching "WTF?" in loud cat-syllables?

Or did she get shunted along with neno for some reason or other, some sort of bonding?

If we're all scattered across the galaxy, how are we going to know where to look for each other to regroup?

"The Space Opera II: The Search for Everyone"?

I don't know. I deliberately put neno where I did by himself so that the rest can figure out where they want to be redeposited without interference. I've got no problem if everyone wants to be there, too, or anywhere else in the universe.

Clean slate, fresh start, old friends.

Book II.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Morning, pardners!

This dilemma certainly does give me plenty to think about while I'm in a quiet, dark room and uninterrupted! The hour before I got up, I tried to figure out where everyone was, when, and how it happened.

I don't think Dag and Adam have been separated, but I'm still not sure.

I was thinking about how Adam vanished from the Recovery Bay (which I was going to explain, but then I discovered he was suddenly in the Tower!!). In any case, now he and Dag are on Ship. But, are they alone??

I'm really curious to know if Silo is or is NOT on the Yydryl somewhere...at this piont she got to the Tower also, somehow...and now she's gone, too.

So....in our last episode, Neno had awoken in the Yydryl, sandwiched between BIAD and Tibbs. Now he's in Vandalia. Will you put in a post to get us up to speed on what happened in between?

I don't want to post anything without some sort of consensus as to where the cast is now, whether together or apart.. I'd like to know the circumstances before I decide what Dag and Adam are going to do...for now, they are in the Swamp, alone, and waiting. They can wait for a while longer, or they can leave...but I want to know who of our illustrious posse they will -- or will NOT---find. I'm fine moving ahead with them without knowing where everyone is, too -- because they don't -- but for me to conjure up the next scene I'll want to know IF anyone else is still on board. Just like, yes, or no. Nothing more specific than that.

So, so far, we have a "no" for Neno.
A "yes" for BIAD and Tibbs.

Everyone else, I'm clueless.

edit on 19-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Yeah. The Search For Everyone....lol!! I like it

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I thought I'd made a big fat mistake, and ran back through the thread again to make sure - neno never woke up between BIAD and Tibbs in the story, and the locations of BIAD and Tibbs are not yet specified.

I think that was in the post that got taken down.

Right now, neno is on a mountaintop, meditating no doubt
ErnieBen and Sslar and Carpet are hurtling downward through the fog of a place that sounds a whole lot like "the 'Tween" or "The Dreamtime", and the current locations of everyone else are yet to be specified.

I'm guessing that wherever Sslar ends up, ErnieBen will be there, too, since he's got that tiger by the tail...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I couldn't remember whether the deleted post was where they all woke up together or not (and didn't bother to go look)...
bad wildtimes!

EDIT: I gotta go back to bed...a few more hours of shut-eye...
yeah...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

For the others, it's not so easy to decide.

I'd love to go back to 'old time' earth. I mean really I would. Like the time around Calamity Jane and Wild Bill, etc. But that will not stop my 'search for The Neno and Friends'...

Is BIAD back on Earth too? If so, is he in Roswell, Vandalia, or maybe even Casablanca?

Casablanca would be cool, or somewhere in a tavern kicking up his heels to the Cancan... BIAD???

Where is Sslar? back just outside of Tibbs' tower, screeching "WTF?" in loud cat-syllables?

Sslar wouldhave to go to - the original chubacabrathingy maybe? And no I'm not calling Neno's cat a 'goat-sucker' but...when in Rome?

Or did she get shunted along with neno for some reason or other, some sort of bonding?

I can see that - lol - and Neno's problems arising from his Chubathingy Sidekick? Who knows?

If we're all scattered across the galaxy, how are we going to know where to look for each other to regroup?

We all know about CindyMars Cabin. We've been there done that before. PLus we could find Ernie there!
Or maybe not, lol. That and the Yydryl but since THIS TIME THERE ARE NO MORE TELETABS (which we've stated a million times in the story) - I think we're out a luck going back to the Yydryl first - unless some are on the Yydryl - like Adam and Dag - who wanted to be attendant to Ship...??? Then again - if this is 'back then' there were tabs. LOL. Oh hell.

"The Space Opera II: The Search for Everyone"?

'A Voyage to back to where no man's gone again?'

I don't know. I deliberately put neno where I did by himself so that the rest can figure out where they want to be redeposited without interference. I've got no problem if everyone wants to be there, too, or anywhere else in the universe.

Again I'd love to be there... Not necessarily 'with' you but definitely 'in search of you and BIAD and the rest'.

But what about Chumley!
And Carpet.
And Ship? And the CENTER? I just don't know if I can 'leave' them.

Decisions Decisions.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I'm really curious to know if Silo is or is NOT on the Yydryl somewhere...at this point she got to the Tower also, somehow...and now she's gone, too.

So....in our last episode, Neno had awoken in the Yydryl, sandwiched between BIAD and Tibbs. Now he's in Vandalia. Will you put in a post to get us up to speed on what happened in between?

From what little I can ascertain, 'there' was where we 'were' then - then poofed off into LIMBO - and where we are now - after limbo is out choice.

Dag and Adam would still be where they were in the bar - only the others would be gone...

So Neno is on Earth. We don't know 'when'.

Silo is very tempted to be on earth also - plus - if Sslar is on earth Silo would kind of have to be there for reasons of blood, etc. Chumely would not be, he'd be on the Yydryl.

BIAD? I can't stand not knowing!!!

So, it would seem to me you've got your Attendant To Ship status when you find Silo isn't aboard. Who knows? She might be in the Center? She might not be. Remember Ship can't tell you much about 'deep center'...So even Ship wouldn't know if Silo is 'there' or not.

In fact, yes, that's what's going to happen. I just got a 'flash' of insight. Finally Silo's speaking up and telling me what to do!

'Dag' - please be kind to Carpet and Chumley, Squibs and Skinny.

Ernie? I dunno where he is but Squibs can fill in as navigator and Skinny as Armor - they've 'been there done that'. Adam? He's the Medical Officer right. And Chumley's Captain of Security... Cool...

Silo shouldn't be gone long. I hope.

So now the question is WHERE'S BIAD!?

And will Dag and Adam come to 'find' the rest?

Again the rendezvous previously was CindyMars cabin.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
And without teletabs let's not forget the PORTAL.

In the old story CindyMars found a portal.

She had a map.

One part of the portal was in the Center.

So, there is hope to being able to do something with that???

I don't mean to run ahead here - just thinking aloud.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

EDIT: I gotta go back to bed...a few more hours of shut-eye...
yeah...

Who do you think you're kidding with that "back" to bed claim? I KNOW you've not been to sleep yet the first time in this sleep cycle!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I'd love to go back to 'old time' earth. I mean really I would. Like the time around Calamity Jane and Wild Bill, etc. But that will not stop my 'search for The Neno and Friends'...

That could probably be arranged - I think either BIAD or Tibbs have the tickets, and neno is already dressed for it. Just afraid he might end up in that "town that was so bad we was ashamed to name it"... as the Stranger that comes in unmoved by all the ruckus and who starts setting about to clean it up. Probably couldn't stay there that long, though - it would run the risk of turning the Space Opera into a western!

Sslar wouldhave to go to - the original chubacabrathingy maybe? And no I'm not calling Neno's cat a 'goat-sucker' but...when in Rome?

Shhh! She might hear you!

I can see that - lol - and Neno's problems arising from his Chubathingy Sidekick? Who knows?

I'm toying with the idea of putting ErnieBen and Sslar at Ben's old cabin, and letting neno run across them there - or vice versa. That would start getting the gang regrouped and the stragglers being gathered.

We all know about CindyMars Cabin. We've been there done that before. PLus we could find Ernie there!
Or maybe not, lol. That and the Yydryl but since THIS TIME THERE ARE NO MORE TELETABS (which we've stated a million times in the story) - I think we're out a luck going back to the Yydryl first - unless some are on the Yydryl - like Adam and Dag - who wanted to be attendant to Ship...??? Then again - if this is 'back then' there were tabs. LOL. Oh hell.

Presume we re-entered "this" universe at the same point in time where we left it. History has changed now, though, and the Earth was never destroyed, the Buzzards never rampaged (but they're still not very nice people!) etc.

As far as locomotion goes, there is Gammage Interstellar Space Port (see neno's biography in the Penelope canon thread) which stands where Cape Canaveral. Cape Kennedy stood in the 20th/21st centuries. We can presume there are smaller space ports around as well, like the small regional airport just up the road from here. Same concept, but extended into the future. that might be a place where the Sprint could land, and since the Buzzard attack never was, we might find an undamaged StarWolf parked there, too.

'A Voyage to back to where no man's gone again?'

YEAH! NOW YOU'RE GETTING IT!

Again I'd love to be there... Not necessarily 'with' you but definitely 'in search of you and BIAD and the rest'.

But what about Chumley!
And Carpet.
And Ship? And the CENTER? I just don't know if I can 'leave' them.

Decisions Decisions.

Why leave them? maybe SHIP is the one we've lost and are looking for... We'll just have to see where the rest of the characters land.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Why leave them? maybe SHIP is the one we've lost and are looking for... We'll just have to see where the rest of the characters land.

I meant Silo personally being 'off' Ship. She has separation anxiety, lol
Thank God I don't!

new topics

top topics

<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join