It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 279
<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

BIAD, what about your "family" and Pandora, etc. They done now?

Ohhh, I'm sure the seven-foot tall Reaper will rear his ugly head somewhere
in the future! But yeah... we've moved off to where-ever and Pandora and her
merry gang are still stuck on the 'otherside'!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So from here Is it possible Silo and Chumley could be waking from Whiskey soaked Dreams?

We can go with that! The terrible demons that lie in the
bottom of that bottle can make your dreams -either 'la-la land'
or the lowest point of Hell!

Boy... I need a drink after that!
edit on 17-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
TO MY TWO FAVOURITE HAREM-CHICKS...!

We got there! and in future I think we should acquire
air-line tickets, fly to Florida and discuss the story over
pina coladas.
BIAD has a new 'Mankini' and wishes to sport it at the
earliest opportunity.

What about Neno...? -you ask, well... throw him into the
Everglades with a knife and a length of fishing twine and
he'll be happy as a clam!

Edit: Sorry that I've been away... I'm getting a new boiler
installed (insert wife-joke here!)... and the power has been off.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by nenothtu

Oh crap!!! I'll rejig my last posting to suit! Can we make it that they're
on The Yydryl to begin with?

No problem - the story tends to turn it's own corners - we're just along for the ride! It will work out - it always does!

ETA: good gosh y'all get BUSY when I fall over asleep! I've got a lot of catching up to do!

ETA sum mo' : WOO HOO! looks like a lot of twists and turns, and I've not even been to the story thread yet!

edit on 2011/11/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

WOO HOO! looks like a lot of twists and turns, and I've not even been to the story thread yet!

Yeah... it was pretty hairy-going in there for a while, but I think we've got a sticking
plaster over it!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo... my dear!
Do we have an image of the Sprint? I've had a quick look to see
if it's in the Opera, but having no eyes can be a little bit of a burden!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

All the Culs are now immaterial?
Were they these so-called NonPlayer Characters? When I stepped in they seemed to have some critical roles to play -- sorry if I assumed prematurely.

As I understood it, the Culs entered the story as a "focal point", someone in dire and immediate need of saving, less nebulous. more concrete, than the esoteric notion of "saving the Universe".

As frequently happens with "NPC" characters, they soon took on a life of their own, through the developing story. Where they go from here, or whether they settle down on Carbiox is anyone's guess at this point. Remember that the King said something about the Dark Lord tricking him into thinking he would help them find their original home planet, which led me to believe that Carbiox wasn't it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

As frequently happens with "NPC" characters, they soon took on a life of their own, through the developing story. Where they go from here, or whether they settle down on Carbiox is anyone's guess at this point. Remember that the King said something about the Dark Lord tricking him into thinking he would help them find their original home planet, which led me to believe that Carbiox wasn't it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Yeah it's in my old pics let me hunt it up and post.

Be right back!

EDIT TO ADD:

Of course this pic is deceptively small - Deson had a way with packing the most into small areas...but... lol...Anyway... It was fashioned after the little flyer - only bigger. I suppose I could put it into Photoshop and use BLOAT...

OH WAIT! There is another Deson flyer! HOLD ON A SEC!!!

edit on 17-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There is a "real live" Vandalia. It's not called that any more, but it's the same ground. It's where I was raised. I try to write about stuff I know, even if I have to fictionalize it.

I had in mind having neno wake up, disoriented, to see this:

or this:

Staggering up to his feet, looking around, and seeing this:

He'd recognize the view, naturally, and know where he was, but not necessarily when he was. Did it work? Was the Universe saved? Or was he just tossed down yet another timeline to another when? From the view alone, there would be no way of knowing.

When is he? Where is everyone else? How is he supposed to find the only family he has left from here? Was the Earth,and the rest of the universe saved, or is this another cruel joke from the gods?

I took those pictures in April 2003, when I took my boys back to see the place. they were taken from a giant rock that sticks up out of a mountain top, a couple of miles from the house I was raised in. You can see the hill that I was raised on in the second picture. The panoramic view was stitched together from a series of about 12 pictures that I took by the expedient of turning in a full circle and snapping a picture every few degrees, so that they overlapped enough for me to stitch them together later. I posted the panorama here mostly just to see of scroll bars are automatically added on now.

If you all have other ideas, though, I'm game!

ETA: Storms just about ate us again last night. Destroyed 35 buildings over where my daughter lives. We couldn't get hold of her all night last night, but she called in this morning, and all is OK. Year before last the house I was living in was destroyed by one of these twisters, and I was gone up into the wilderness of West Virginia when it happened, so I missed it altogether. Just came home to a wrecked house.

Whatever they throw at you, life keeps on chugging along until it doesn't any more!

P,S, - Looks like the scroll bars are automatically added to wide pictures now.

edit on 2011/11/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
By the way while I'm here - still laughing my hinder off over my attempt at Muckles! (I'm lying this was Bransom but it LOOKS like MUCKLES. OH MY GAWD I will not even go there with the possibilities)!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Do I have to show it?
It looks so... Ewww...

But...Here it is...

I need to do a revision if you're even considering posting this flying battery receptacle.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Pics are incredible.
I wouldn't mind waking up there myself.
(Hope your daughter is ok of course)!!!

Silo's up for going wherever you all want to go...that is if she knew where she was.

I'll not post until we have it hammered out...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Pics are incredible.
I wouldn't mind waking up there myself.
(Hope your daughter is ok of course)!!!

Yeah, she's fine. her old man was annoyed that we rang her phone off the hook all night trying to find her, and I was like - "well why didn't you just ANSWER the damned thing then?" Kids these days! Someone has a whoopin' coming!

Two dead here, 3 in South Carolina, and three more I think in Georgia. Heck of a blowing storm, it was. It's been on the national news here today, and last I heard they had confirmed 16 tornadoes overnight.

There was a video on YouTube of the one that ate my house a couple years ago - the tornado itself, not just the aftermath. It ran right through my yard, took my trees, ate my house, and picked up the entire garage of the house across the street, twisted it, then set it back down on top of the car that was inside it.

Then it moved on and REALLY tore some stuff up.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wow, neno!! Really glad to hear all is well --
there was a monster twister here in 2003 also -- ripped a gorge 1/2 mile wide through the hills (which look JUST LIKE your pics 1 and 3); when it was getting close, my horses went NUTS and started flipping out in the paddock behind the house. And that house (more almost a cabin), had it been hit, would've been a pile of matches. So dimwit said "we better get outta here" (one of the most intelligent utterances ever heard from his mouth) and the alpha mare literally "herded" us down the hill into the dry-creek at the very bottom. I took cover under a gigantic fallen oak; husband (the stupidest of the lot --- of all my husbands AND the mixed-species party involved) walked out into the low end of the fied...he coaxed me out to have a look, and it clearly had swung north of us rather than directly AT US -- that thing was HUGE.

It totally eradicated all the homes and outbuildngs in its path, and missed ours by 1/2 a mile. Wow. I've lived in tornado alley almost all my life, but never had heard one actually coming, and never had SEEN one in real life (having lived through dozens of still green skies, "take cover NOW!" scares, and the creepy sirens once intended for air-raid warnings).

They say it sounds like a freight train, right??
Nonono, it sounds like the freaking Space Shuttle blasting off!!

Wow.We were missed entirely; only an ugly plastic lawn chair got knocked over into the firepit and melted a bit. The biggest barn north of us, where I once worked as a "stable-hand" was obliterated. Gone.
Now I live in a house made of oak frame with stone facade (NOT veneer), and solid plaster walls. It doesn't even BUDGE in high wind. Hell it takes a wrecking ball to put a damn nail in the wall!!

Silo13...as for that hideous blue 'shuttle' thing?? Yeah, Dag doesn't want to get in that one. Ick. Looks like a tongue-sheath with curb-feelers (shudder).

BIAD, I'm not sure who the harem-chicks are, but I'm certainly up for pina coladas in Florida!! Cocoa beach, anyone??

I'll be online for a while now, but I know it's late for y'all across the pond(s)...and I'll be back before dawn my time tomorrow.

Cheers!!

edit on 17-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

BIAD, I'm not sure who the harem-chicks are, but I'm certainly up for pina coladas in Florida!!
Cocoa beach, anyone??

That's tha darn BIAD again mussin' around on my lap-top!
He's okay though -in the respect of he'd just wanna rummage around in
your wardrobe for anything red-cloured.
!

Edit: It is getting late here, BIAD commented that eyes are heavy... I haven't the
heart to tell him that he hasn't any.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I've added a little 'ditty' just to soften the leaving episode... it shouldn't
cause any hassle!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Loved it!

Now if I only knew where I was, lol. Silo feels all fishy out of water.
Poor Chumley! He's worse!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

BRAVO!!!!

That was FABULOSO, joven en una falda!!

Whoa. So good I lapsed into Spanish!!

Okay, so, it seems we are waiting for neno to wake up in a familiar landscape; Sslar, Ernie, and Carpet (right? gotta go back and read again) are in a sort of nether-dimension but I'm not sure where they're headed (presumably back to the Ship). They having been to the last ones to see him, Dag and Adam believe Chumley is somewhere in the command center or an auxiliary facility working (with a hangover) to get the Yydryl bag on intended trajectory.

As for Silo, well, it's anyone's guess...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Okay, so, it seems we are waiting for neno to wake up in a familiar landscape;

Are we? I dinna see the nod. Sorry 'bout that - I've been out kicking bar stools out from under folks again, wasn't paying close enough attention. I'll get it run either this evening or tomorrow.

Sslar, Ernie, and Carpet (right? gotta go back and read again) are in a sort of nether-dimension but I'm not sure where they're headed (presumably back to the Ship).

I took that to be something on the order of "the 'tween", a sort of a limbo place where they were being shuffled before drop off at their final destinations. Don't know what those destinations ARE, though.

They having been to the last ones to see him, Dag and Adam believe Chumley is somewhere in the command center or an auxiliary facility working (with a hangover) to get the Yydryl bag on intended trajectory.

As for Silo, well, it's anyone's guess...

The ones who were on Ship - I wonder if they ever even saw the limbo, or if Yydryl, as a living being, was the only one who saw it, and her passengers were "shielded" from that view... and possibly the knowledge that they even HAVE been transported as a unit to otherwhere...

new topics

top topics

<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join