It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 275
<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Cool beans! I'm looking forward to it.
I wonder if some of them will want to populate the Center?
???

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The Yydryl and it's crew have far-more concerns on their hands... Tibbs
can't be sure that stopping The Big Rip in this time-line has brought the
result we all wanted.

The 'mini-Rip' may have effected the contininn.. continu... may have done
something.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hey, I've typed up a post...
where Dag and Adam are now on the Sprint, having ditched the others so they can "reunite", and while they're midway the Splitter (who has sneaked aboard while the shuttle was being readied for its auto-return to Darbiox)surprises them in the act.

He's going to remind Dag of his request, the one she FORGOT to tell Neno about, and he is NOT HAPPY.
Shall I post it??

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I hastily put Dag and Adam sorting out their carnal yearnings in a bedroom
in the Tall Tower, The Splitter has already spoken to them and assumes the
Flute will be dump into the doorway anyway!
Sorry Wilds... I got carried away! (...and should be -you're thinking!)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Considering Silo and Chumley took the Sprint you might want to add something like they (Dag and Adman) saw Silo and Chumley leave and are glad they remembered so send a transport flyer back on 'auto-pilot' or something along those lines?

edit on 14-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

too late.
Although, I haven't read BIAD's hasty handling of them....

here is what I had...tell me what you guys think...

Silo and Chumley set the Sprint's controls for auto-return and clambered down onto the tarmac. Silo stopped one of the docking bay droids and said, "The aelerons are slightly iced; while you're seeing to that, please refuel, and refresh the bedding."

"Overnight journey prep, Mam?"

"Uh, no. Just…" she waved the droid away. "Just refresh the bedding, please." With that, she and Chumley walked away. Silo felt a tentacle snake into the bend of her elbow, and she pressed her green friend's phalange closer to her side.

When the Sprint returned, only Adam and Dag were waiting for it. The others had stayed at the Tower beyond the couple's threshold for frustration. They had stayed long enough for appropriate congratulations, introductions, and a debriefing justifying the destruction and carnage (which was truly gnarly despite the fact that bits of downy fluff from the gaggle of bird-carcasses floated round them all like celebratory confetti. This, of course, gave BIAD an occupation while he waited for everyone to sufficiently chat up everyone else, and allowed Dag and Adam to slip out entirely unnoticed.)

Once down the Tower stairs and outdoors, they ran, Dag skipping here and there, and Adam at intervals to whoop, "yyyYES!" releasing her hand to punctuate with a loud clap and a fist thrown skyward. While they waited for the Sprint Dag described for Adam what had taken place aboard the Yydryl while he was incapacitated. There was, of course, enough to keep her mouth occupied for hours, and while she talked Adam admired her storytelling. Her use of gestures and her facial expressions, her ability to mimic the voices of the others and to mime their movements was universe-class, and exceptionally entertaining.

In future eons they would reminisce sentimentally about the excitement that accompanied their early romance, and Adam would listen without interruption. But now that was not an option. When she got to the next "Okay, so—", and was about to begin the fourth chapter (later titled Into the Center in true-adventure books, he touched two fingers to her lavender lips.

"Stop, love, please," I can't concentrate on what you're saying. He grabbed her into a crushing embrace, pressing his lips to hers, his elbow clamping her chest to his six-pack, his hand at the nape of her neck, under her lovely hair.

Overcome with passion and dissociated from their surroundings, they continued their mauling of one another until the brilliant glare of the Sprint's landing beam finally got their attention. The hatch opened and they grinned at each other, and hand in hand they climbed aboard.

"Aw, what a gem she is, that Silo13," said Adam when he saw the luxurious bedding that had been installed, replacing the utility set that normally made up the shuttle's cot. He pulled Dag down onto the bed with him, and as the Sprint rose once more into Carbiox's dusky sky, they were unaware that they were being watched.

The Splitter watched, bored and silently, distractedly fascinated by the act, but when, in a compromising display of physicality he heard Adam say, "Oh! Darling!" he had to laugh out loud.

This, of course, interruptus the coitus, and even extracted a little shriek from Dag. Adam was less than pleased. "Who in the hell are you???" He growled.

"Darling, here, knows me," said the Splitter calmly. "Right, Darling?"

Adam sat up, unashamed of his nudity. "Listen here, you wormy little….little…who the HELL ARE YOU? Where do you get off calling my lover 'Darling'?!"

Dag touched his arm. "He's the Splitter, Adam. He saved your life. And then he took me to a place that – well, he says my name was 'Darling,' a long time ago."

Adam's brow lowered over his eyes, glaring at her with suspicion and jealousy lamps ablaze.

"And, sadly," said the Splitter, "she has forgotten what I requested of her."

Dag's hand flew to her mouth, and her cheeks flushed as she looked at the floor, embarrassed.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes, I went ahead with what Silo had said about sending it back for the others....and ran with it....

sorry for assuming the Splitter's role there...when can I pick up Dag's and Adam's storylines???
When we get back to the Yydryl?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You can still post it, just 'alter' the parts that indicate that it is the first meeting
with The Splitter and add something along the lines of:
"Since you screwed up on my request there -Girly, I have another for you.
Direct The Yydryl so it's exactly over the Tower's point at midnight"

Er, you can miss the 'Girly'-thing out if you wish!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

okay...let me rework it a tad??
And then I'll post....cool??

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Here's some 'Candy' to keep your spirits up!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

So now what do we have to look forward to? The earth not having been destroyed? All good. Bransom returning to life? Not so good. Then again she might not be such a beast in the 'new' reality.

I've not been to the story thread yet this morning. Until the Big Rip is actually "repaired" or "prevented", then Earth will not return back to her proper place in the heavens. Simply killing off the Dark Lord doesn't repair the Rip, it only prevents him from interfering in the repairs.

Bransom can be as beastly as she likes - she won't have the Power of the Presidency behind her, and so can at besst affect a much smaller sphere of influence from her bureaucratic office.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Now that was cool!
Great posting!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Poor old Chumley! Always falling for the wrong girls - the ones he can't have. We oughtta find him a cute little tentacled blob to settle down with and raise a passel of tiny blobs to the accompaniment of the pitter patter of little tentacles on Carpet.

Is it bad that I understood Tibbs' explanation of the problem with the rip?

Is it bad that I can sort of see why the Glass Flute and incantations from Muckles' Tome will be required to work in concert to affect particulate energies and strings to sew the Rip back together?

Or did I just not quite grasp it at all, and only think I did?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thanks, and thanks, for both the Candy and the kudo!
Hey I REALLY like today's avatar of you

um...is that....Michael Jackson's chin??......Naaaaahhh...is it?
But yeah, that's quite a noir look at BIAD. I Like it!!
edit on 14-11-2011 by wildtimes because: HAD IT POINTING AT THE AVATAR OF DAG!! Doh...!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Is it bad that I understood Tibbs' explanation of the problem with the rip?

Is it bad that I can sort of see why the Glass Flute and incantations from Muckles' Tome will be required to work in concert to affect particulate energies and strings to sew the Rip back together?

Well, in my opinion, it's bad@$$ that you understood it!!

Hope you're feeling less besieged with unpleasant memories...just so you know, I read the paragraph about your choice of therapeutic music to my hubby....he laughed out loud...and I said "SEE? See why he reminds me of you?" It was precisely the sort of thing he would do (has done)...

*humming "Sister Christian now your time has come..." -- but seeing the motorcycle scene from Superstar...*
GO TO 7:07, then PLAY!!

tried to link it with starting at 7:07..it didn't work, so....

edit on 14-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
... Is it bad that I understood Tibbs' explanation of the problem with the rip?

Is it bad that I can sort of see why the Glass Flute and incantations from Muckles'
Tome will be required to work in concert to affect particulate energies and strings
to sew the Rip back together?

Or did I just not quite grasp it at all, and only think I did?

It's because you're the saviour of Universes, it's because you slay Dragons
and Despots... it's because you are The Neo.

It could be something to do with the booze too!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

it's because you slay Dragons and Despots

Oh my Jenovah. Do we have a new character in the Opera? Who's Despots?

Sounds like something Carpet did to Squibs. Gave him 'De-Spots' to force him to carry his rug-ish-ness 'around and about'...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

BIAD had the 'de-spots' once and it wasn't a pretty sight.
On the plus-side, there were countless Ancient Alien theorists who
believed the weals and pus-seeping spots looked like the layout of
the Pyramids of Giza!
BIAD got a trip to Eygpt out of it, so... every cloud blah-blah...

edit on 14-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

We've been double-crossed! Our assumption that the Powers-That-Be had our
best intentions at heart -is wrong, we're probably gonna be blown to smithereens
and these dark-Gods will wander the universe and rule with a rod of iron.

Oh Lawks-a-mercy... what is a girl... er, a Man/Girl to do?

Edit:
...Or wear?
edit on 14-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I dunna think Silo cares at the moment - she lubs you and neno but at the moment she be dancing...

So Silo'll have to figure that out in the morning. Between now and then? I've visions of Y'Lrang and Quorra walking in on Silo and Chumley 'getting their boogie goin' on'.

Oh my.

ETA - Double damn that was fun..

edit on 14-11-2011 by silo13 because: see eta

new topics

top topics

<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join