It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 270
<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Anyway, that's my contribution....so, what next? What does that damned Splitter do???
Is Dag headed for The Center, or is she being teleported to Carbiox???
HMMM???
P.S. I tweaked it a bit...might wanna re-read it.

I was typing my post up while you were posting yours. What can I say? I type slow, and then have to re-read it anywhere from 3 to 3000 times for errors, and then still miss a bunch!

Anyhow, now I'm wondering a couple if things. I'm wondering if Dag is there physically, or only... I dunno, 'astrally' for lack of a better term. You know, seeing the scene just with her "mind's eye".

is the Splitter a... SPLITTER? In other words, are there TWO Dags now? It stands to reason that it would activate whenever the Battle of the Tower began, but what did it DO when it activated?

BIAD's antics - I've wondered this before when he was doing seemingly "crazy" things... but is there a method to his madness? Is he REALLY seeing real things that the rest of us can't see, and interacting with them?

When he was chasing the "imaginary" butterfly, was he really interacting with DAG?

geez, this thing gets deep into physics and metaphysics sometimes, and you never know when it's going to happen - it just slaps you upside the head without warning!

ETA: Going down the line of guards in the way neno did, where they can't effectively return fire without hitting one another, is militarily called "flanking". You hit the side of the line, it's flank, rather than a frontal assault on the line. Approaching frontally, every man in the line has a clear shot at you, but coming from the end, they don't. They are in each other's way.

That's how Audie Murphy captured nearly 100 of Germany's Finest all by himself.

edit on 2011/11/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Ummmmm.....again, beats me!

When I mentioned "flanked" in my potential scenario, I was thinking about movies where they send out a "flank" to deflect from the oncoming forces...like in Braveheart...and
I did wonder if I was using the right word...

So, what do we do now??
I guess we could have Silo spontaneously combust. But
To be honest, don't know what's going on with Dag....

is she still in the ship?
is she now half and half?
is she on Carbiox?

In my mind she was having a "vision" of what was happening, imposed upon her by the Splitter....I wasn't sure at all if she was going to snap out of it if someone grabbed the Splitter from her...but who would do it??

I'm stuck.
*sigh*

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Edit to Add

BIAD - what ya gonna do with that Splitter?

Do we have a consensus concerning the thing decided on or is someone just going to run with it???

edit on 10-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
So, Dag and Chumley are on their way back - but - who knows what could happen to them between now and the time they actually get back to Ship Proper.

I can't wait to see!

Neno - Please feel free to go ahead with killin those Center zombies. I figure with it set up being just Silo and Ernie you might want the opportunity to tell us more about Ernie and Neno and at the same time get in some a yer zombie 'exterminatin'?

If you don't - let me know what back history you want put in and I'll go forward but at the moment I'm leaving it - thought you might like it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'll try to get something up on it tomorrow. Silo wasn't there when Ernie and Bransom and Dag had the neno conversation, was she? I'll need to have that clear in my mind to work out the lead-in.

Where are the ruins that Deson's remains are in in relation to the center, and what sort of terrain surround them? I'm presuming that most of the zombies are still thereabouts. Also need to know where the cocoon cubby hole is relative to all that.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Silo wasn't there when Ernie and Bransom and Dag had the neno conversation, was she?

No, Silo didn't hear that but I'm sure she's wondering what the hell he's all abou - I mean he doesn't balk at the sight of Chumley, just shows up on Ship then he grabs the Splitter and yells at it... I don't know if she was even introduced to him.

The ruins where Desos was eaten up by the zombies.

There's no relation spoken of to where these ruins are in the storyline - near or far - only a good 'gallop' from the Armory through the back doors and across the planes somewhere. The ruins were mentioned wayyyyyyyyy back in the Opera - a story line has never been developed (why they're there, etc).

The 'cocoon cave' is somewhere near.

Pretty cut and dried all that and what? Like 8 zombies left at max. Sorry, no more of a thrill than that for Ernie to blast.
But at least you've the opportunity to back story to your character Ben.
I don't feel comfortable writing about him... Meaning - I want to hear what's in YOUR head!
(Maybe you could even tie in the ruins? Naw, that's quite a stretch).

Looking forward to the post.

edit on 10-11-2011 by silo13 because: quote added

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

BIAD - what ya gonna do with that Splitter?

I've just been in discussions with some our top Metaphysi... Meta phys...
some guys in white-coats who look 'dweebish'... and they said The Splitter
is a being... a time-being that Tibbs 'captured' when in it's natural form.
The image...

... is a true representation of the being that can be seen as above and
as the crescent-shaped device that now is stuffed in Ernie's shirt.
Just before Ernie took it, The Splitter made contact with Dag, hence she's
unconcious right now.
I'll write a 'ditty' to explain it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

She WAS unconscious....so...what happened to her while she was unconscious?? I've got her and Chumley headed for the Armory, but I don't know what evil change has taken place deep within her psyche.....uh oh.....or what superknowledge she now has.....
interesting!!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Just cleaning up a few loose ends. If... when you're writing more about
Dag, could you have her mention to Neno -the request of The Splitter?

*BIAD curtsies REAL low and makes the Window Cleaner fall off his
ladder!*

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

APPLAUSE AND WHISTLES!!!!

BRAVO!!!!

Very vey cool stuff that. Okay, now I know more about Dag; and want to read her diaries and her creator's journal recording her early development!!!

So.....I'm curious/confused -- what was Death's reason for sending the Flute to Muckles, if Neno needs to have it?? Does BIAD know about this?

Seems Dag will need to get to Muckles (I have to go back to her in Silo's chamber) and confiscate it....head for the Sprint....and, Sslar will make sure they get away safely without Muckles?? Or will Mucklebones be a stowaway and try to further thwart things? What is the "game" BIAD??!!!

The suspense is killing me!! Is Mucklebones just using Tibbs??? The glamour got to him???
Whaaaaa.....I'm perplexed......

Wow, Dag better get busy!
So, while The Zombicide is taking place, the Sprint is readied and armed, its coordinates fed into Ship, and....

The Sprint is IN The Center, isn't t??

edit on 10-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

~*~ Wild Times ~*~

Hahaa lol!! I didn't notice the title until my third read-through. Typical me -- skip the big print and go straight to the meat...
*bows gratefully*

EGGsactly what my handle refers to ..... the times in which we live.

Some have taken it as me being a party animal.....I don't bother to correct them, whatever (though those days are longgg over -- but, yeah, had my share).

So...
team,,,
is Muckles to go WITH us to give the flute to Neno?? What is Pandora doing? Is she genuine or is she up to something sinister ??
And are we projecting onto her the mythical release of all but Hope into the world?? Or what.

But gosh. Using my handle and my previous avatar....I'm honored to have inspired (if that's the case), and priveleged (sp? -- that word gets me every time...have to look it up. ghaaa...P-R-I-V-I-L-E-G-E-D. sorry. One of my literary weaknesses. A handful of words that I nearly always misspell.....)...to be part of this compelling saga.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

what was Death's reason for sending the Flute to Muckles,
if Neno needs to have it?? Does BIAD know about this?

Death needs a 'runner' -somebody who goes before and does his
dirty work. Death feels he should be the one-who-points, one who
'manages' and so, he chose Nenothtu.
Neno beat the cr*p outa him during the O.K Corral episode and so,
Death still resents Neno, but is looking for another to shovel the...
to take lives and gather the souls.
Adam was used a temporary measure and I think Death looked on it
as an irony that he used someone who knew Neno.

It seems Death has his beady-eye on The Dark Lord as his next choice.
He'll enjoy robbing him of his power and making him servile to Death's wishes.

The Flute is a healer of the Rip, an instrument -for visual reasons to the
reader with a connection to the idea that music is a universal sound or language,
much like mathmatics.

As far as BIAD is concerned, Death knew his brother wouldn't grasp the idea of
using it and it seems another faction, namely The Splitter -attempted to make
contact with Boy In A Dress but his simple-look on life made it impossible for
BIAD to see the 'big picture'!!
Due to the physical-closeness of The Splitter and the healthy Dag (Adam was too ill)...
she was picked for the mission.

Tibbs has a few secrets to be yet revealed and I'm still uncertain whether Muckles
is using him or not, I know she has interacted with The Dark Lord on more-than-one
occasion.

Phew!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So many questions...

is Muckles to go WITH us to give the flute to Neno??
What is Pandora doing? Is she genuine or is she up to something sinister ??
And are we projecting onto her the mythical release of all but Hope into the world?? Or what.

Muckles should go... she's back in the saddle after having the Demon's... well, yer' know
and wants to give The Dark Lord a taste of her medicine (I think!)
Pandora will be brought in -on a later date, to show where our intrepid heroes and heroines
go next.
And Yes... to the third one one!

EDIT: If you wish Wilds... I can size the other image down for you.??
edit on 10-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Chumley waited until he was out of Ernie's view to speed up the Harry. Not to a reckless speed, but out of simple indignation and defiance, and self-respect.

LMAO already.

I KNEW he was gonna do that, lol!

Ok, back to your post.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Adam was used a temporary measure and I think Death looked on it
as an irony that he used someone who knew Neno.

*frowny face*
Huh?? I thought Adam was the good guy. Can you send me a flow-chart of Death's connections? A timeline, perhaps??

He's pissed at Neno. Gave the Flute to Muckles via Carpet. Is Death the champion-in-disguise here? A misunderstood benefactor?? Death wants to destroy the Dark Lord, right?

No? Sometimes? .....*sighs, rubbing temples, thinks she might have enrolled in this course without completing pre-requisites*

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

"He dare be all dat!?" He muttered. "He dare tell me how care for Dag? What do next? I sick of dat. Dat man, he new, he only brand new, and he act like bugger-all big man."

LMAO and only through the second sentance or so...

Ok, back to the Opera!

'Bugger-all big man'? AH HAHAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

OMG!

DARLING!!!

That is sooooo too cool.

Oh hell, I'd pay to read this stuff, lol. No joke. Do either you or Wild take Paypal?
Too bad I don't have an account I'd be shipping of the *insert whatever color/type your money scheme is here*.

LOVE IT!

Ok, back to BIADS post.

hehehehe

ETA:

"Oh no, I couldn't do that... it would ruin the game"

Why does 'That's the plan baby'... Come to mind when I hear the above quote.

Major coolness that. As always unexpected, and, brilliant!

edit on 10-11-2011 by silo13 because: woohooooo

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

EDIT: If you wish Wilds... I can size the other image down for you.??

by all means, do what you like -- 'tis your artwork, I was just playing around...trying to get some graphics skills developed while waiting on new posts....better than drumming my fingers on the desk and refreshing the page impatiently every 20 seconds...

SILO -- I thought you'd like that!!

TO ALL --
I think the most challenging part of this exercise is that I haven't "collaborated" in an existing storyline before. I have written screenplays based on tv dramas' characters, but I still had license to do what I wanted with them, based on what I knew of them from the show....

but this....well, my method is usually to know everything about everybody important before I start....character sketches, bios, weaknesses, hidden agendas, blah blah...so I feel a little lost at times here. Sorry if I'm a nuisance with all the Qs!! I just want to make sense with my contributions and not mess up anybody's behavior -- cuz then we'd have a story that falls apart due to lack of credibil......ugggg.....taking myself too seriously again.

See, that's my issue in real life, too -- I'm OBSESSED with figuring out what makes people tick -- what each individual has rolling through their head that motivates what they do...it's a disease. Taking medicine for it....
(ETOH + sertraline....ahhhh.)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

See, that's my issue in real life, too -- I'm OBSESSED with figuring out what makes people tick

Interesting you say that.
I SOOOO wanted to write the sequence 'Finding of Deson and killin of old Zombies' - until I started thinking about what was in 'Neno's' head. It's like I just HAVE TO KNOW.

As for knowing what's in peoples heads? I need to know what's in OUR CHARACTERS HEADS. I mean really.
I"ll be right upfront admitting the number of times I think about these characters during the day. And yes I've had dreams about them. To me, the ARE real.

Strange thing about that? I read a blurb the other day - I think it was (from all people) Patricia Cornwell. Anyway, she said something about how her characters are more real to her than most people. And yes, she has to 'wait' at times for THEM to talk to her toooo...

It honestly makes me wonder at times...if somewhere out there...in another time...another dimension...another 'space'...there is the 'Hermaphrodite in Red' BIAD, the gunslinger Neno, a blond haired Darling Dag and a lilac haired Silo...and our lovely CHUMLEY who I just want to run up and get a hug from someday and give him a good pinch on his cheek!

hugs around

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

but this....well, my method is usually to know everything about everybody important before I start....character sketches, bios, weaknesses, hidden agendas, blah blah...so I feel a little lost at times here.

On a real serious note I hope you come to enjoy and revel in the 'unknown'. I can't tell you how many times - when we're all 'in the zone' we start coming together with stuff that's, well, it's like we're already in each others heads at times. Do I dare say 'mystical' - no, that's not the right word, but at times it can be so scary/weird/cool/spooky? Well, you'll see for sure.

Open up to the process, go with it, drop the need to 'know' and see what happens. You'll love it. But then you already know that!

hugs

new topics

top topics

<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join