It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

WTH is Dag supposed to do with the Splitter, BIAD, (now that we're all here.....)

There was a reference from Silo of the Splitter being a living entity, a being -I suppose.
Time can only be perceived by the mind anyway, so it seems fitting that The Splitter
becomes a more 'humanoid' shape soon.

What do you think?... er, Captain.
edit on 9-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

How should I know?? I have a crew to take care of that stuff!!

Isn't it sort of a handle-type thing with lights and fingergrip curves, and it moves??
That Carnival sequence was almost beyond my comprehension. I had to read it v e r y S L O W L Y
and go back several times before it gelled (sp?) --
remember, guys, I've only been here a week...or so...not crosstrained in other departments yet...

ETA: Oh, and that's "Mercy" to you...and I'm not the captain. I'm the navigator...and uh, HR director. yeah. that.
edit on 9-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yeah The Carnival episode left me with a bleeding nose, and I wrote it!
Yep, The Splitter is a 'Time-being' and will reveal itself very soon -no doubt!

Edit: Sorry on the rank-thing!

edit on 9-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

There was a reference from Silo of the Splitter being a living entity, a being -I suppose.

Well, NOW where'd she go???

SILO!!! Ahoy! Over here!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by nenothtu

hogtied a pirate once with a whip....
Do it, do it, neno!!

I could've gone all day without having THAT picture put in my head!

The Caliburn is a claymore or a knightly great sword or something that was used in the killing of the great Orm. The model for the sword in that picture was modeled precisely on the claymore I've got, since I already had the 3D model, and it fit the general description of the sword that BIAD gave. My sword was in turn made after William Wallace's sword in Braveheart (not the "real" Wallace sword that's on display in Edinburgh or wherever that is).

I always just sort of had the feeling that the Caliburn would factor in to the final showdown with the Dark Lord. It seems too much sword to only use once on killing a mere dragon.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
All right.. You two, you have to do the Carbiox thing -- do you want Dag there? Or in The Center melee??
I suppose if she's got the Splitter it might be a transponderporter thingamabob...could whisk her away to Carbiox of its own will now that its on her...I mean, in her possession..

Oh...yeah, the HR director and the headhunter...i mean, recruiter. Yeah. Owners of wedding gowns will be given preference. Uniforms are NOT provided by the company.

edit on 9-11-2011 by wildtimes because: wrong button face

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

ETA: Oh, and that's "Mercy" to you...and I'm not the captain. I'm the navigator...and uh, HR director. yeah. that.

I must be psychic... or psycho... or something. First thought that popped into my head when I saw the pirate wench was "MERCY!"

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

My sword was in turn made after William Wallace's sword in Braveheart (not the "real" Wallace sword that's on display in Edinburgh or wherever that is).

Yeah, Pops has one, too, he's pretty handy with it -- I can't lift it; but he's had some doozy broadsword matches!! (We had a fantastic fight-master as our choreographer)...

I've seen the "real" Wallace sword -- at Sterling.
Went to the Wallace Memorial Tower thingy...and a Royal Navy Presenter-Type of Former Officer was doing a tour and presentation on the tactics used, the weapons, the gore and bloodshed and hacking and bludgeoning...it was
FASCINATING.
And the stairs going up were VERY steep, narrow, and winding.....it was a cool experience.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

I must be psychic... or psycho... or something. First thought that popped into my head when I saw the pirate wench was "MERCY!"

Heh...yeah, I thought it was the Perfect Name for her when I invented her....for that reason!!
(I don't know about psychic - you've probably met her in your dreams...) (but it wasn't you I hog-tied..)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So, now we're all familiar with Dag's sordid past, her skill-set, and her wiles...
what do we want to do with her next??

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yeah, Pops has one, too, he's pretty handy with it -- I can't lift it; but he's had some doozy broadsword matches!! (We had a fantastic fight-master as our choreographer)...

My middle daughter stands something under five foot tall, and used to tell folks I had a sword that was "bigger than she is". I heard her tell one of her fellas that once, and the boy never came around the house again..

I've seen the "real" Wallace sword -- at Sterling.

yeah - THAT'S the one I meant! it looks a bit more business-like than the ones we have now.

Went to the Wallace Memorial Tower thingy...and a Royal Navy Presenter-Type of Former Officer was doing a tour and presentation on the tactics used, the weapons, the gore and bloodshed and hacking and bludgeoning...it was
FASCINATING.
And the stairs going up were VERY steep, narrow, and winding.....it was a cool experience.

Yeah, folks hear "sword fight" and automatically see in their minds Eroll Flynn in a structured fencing match - and never really understand that's not the way a sword fight goes with anything heavier than a rapier. There's a lot more hacking and jumping than there is ballet to it, and they don't think of all the other parts of the sword that are weaponized beyond the edge and the point. The same goes for spears (yup, got them, too). There's more to it than just poking at the opposition with the pointy end. That's why I wrote the fight sequence with the bounty hunter right after neno met up with BIAD in the story the way I did - to illustrate that aspect of fighting with a spear. he uses the butt to bring the bounty hunter down, and whirls it like a quarterstaff to get the business end where it needs to go.

BIAD - are there Cul Zombies guarding the Dark Lord? That might be the place to put Caliburn to work, and save the souped-up pistol for the DL himself. I dunno... decisions, decisions...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

That's why I wrote the fight sequence with the bounty hunter right after neno met up with BIAD in the story the way I did

Linky, please?? I really want to read the important posts that will help me understand the current infrastructure....
thanks....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

BIAD - are there Cul Zombies guarding the Dark Lord? That might be the place to put
The Caliburn to work, and save the souped-up pistol for the DL himself.
I dunno... decisions, decisions...

I think he has a number of his 'Inner-Guards' and a few Ophis Buzzards that slipped
through the hole-he made.
I've got the sword set up for you and you're just about to go in... BIAD wil accompany
you... well, it's someone to chat to -while you're... yer' know, doin' yer' thing!

Should I post?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

YES! Dag shouted, POST IT ALREADY!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

YES! Dag shouted, POST IT ALREADY!!

Okey-dokey... let's go!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

That's why I wrote the fight sequence with the bounty hunter right after neno met up with BIAD in the story the way I did

Linky, please?? I really want to read the important posts that will help me understand the current infrastructure....
thanks....

Here's a link to that post. It's right after BIAD enters the story, so there's plenty good background around it.

Linky

ETA: Geez! I had to run right after posting this, and didn't see the pitiful state of the link until I got back. All better now.

ETA AGAIN: Fixed it again... maybe i got it right this time...

edit on 2011/11/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sorry - I had to go take care of some business. A check came in an undesirable state of leanness.

Sure, fire away! Er... I mean post away...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

"You have to..." Tibbs panted and wiped his robe-sleeve across his brow, "... you have to
use it, it's in the book" he said with a sigh and slumped against the cool-blue smooth walls.

I could've sworn I heard neno whisper in my ear and say "Humph. Ah think Ah'll wait fer the movie!"

The reflection on it's surface showed a warped Nenothtu and Boy In A Dress stood side-by-
side and the Vithian 'umphed' with an irony. "Warped-indeed" he said quietly to nobody
and pulled his robes closer.

Glad to see he ain't lost his humor in the exhaustion.

Aiiight - I made a pot of coffee while I was going round and round about tiny checks, so I'm going to go grab a cup and see what I can do with that.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I see a last-minute arrival fo the Cavalry... can it be connected so late?
Lawks-A-Mercy!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I see a last-minute arrival fo the Cavalry... can it be connected so late?
Lawks-A-Mercy!!

I told you I was bored!!!
Anyway, that's my contribution....so, what next? What does that damned Splitter do???
Is Dag headed for The Center, or is she being teleported to Carbiox???
HMMM???
P.S. I tweaked it a bit...might wanna re-read it.
edit on 9-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join