It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

The day I had today is beyond believable.
Almost burnt down the house, killed my Iguana and bird.
Almost bled to death trying to keep the house from burning down, lol and now? Now I'm just a wee bit 'tipsy' cause the doctor told me (remember I'm in a third world place here, lol) the doc told me to go home, eat two raw eggs and drink a big glass a wine to help buck up my blood. All it did was make be 'buck up' my lunch (I only got through one egg sucking before I hurled) and yeah, the wine went to my head...

Holy CRAP!

Sometimes you have a really bad day, and other times there's...well... THAT!

You're typing like your damn near in shock, and detachedly reading off the damage like a laundry list.

Yup, that's what shock sounds like.

Don't worry over the pictures - they'll still be there tomorrow. lay up and catch some alcohol induce ZZZ's, let your psyche catch up with your body, and your body catch up with a little rest and healin'.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Aww, you guys....*shuffles sneaker toe*

Thanks!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
Just sorta spilled out, trying to think of how to explain roadkill to Dag....

he he..
Hope that lightened up your day, silo...

And NENOTHTU,
you have, I imagine, full apprecation for how much that meant to me!!!!!!!!

*takes a bow to rival BIAD's, and does NOT need to pull hem down*
thinks to self: sheesh, crazy-arse people...burnin down houses, chasin' hedgehogs, twirlin' guns, don't own undies....but oh I love 'em all!!

I'm hoping to work in where Chumley explains to Carpet about Squatch's tail in an effort to make up for him nagging Carpet about the butt-dragging thing. That CRACKED ME UP....Lol!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

(the eggs and milk and wine thing, though...do you ALWAYS do what that doctor tells you to do??)

I ain't sure about that doctor. The prescription sounds more like a concoction the old lady that lived by herself up in the woods used to crank out to use in throwing hexes.

If I were Silo, I'd check the diploma hanging on his office wall and see if it said "Outer Slumgullia University, Ngoroduba, Congo"

Honestly, that concoction sounds scarier than zombies....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Wait a moment... may I bow... (or in BIAD's case -curtsy) first?
That was really good AND funny too!
I think your sort of writing is gonna make us all here have to step it
up a notch!

Seriously... VERY good.

Edit: This deserves a avatar change!
edit on 8-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
WOW.. Just went over the Pandora post again (sorry, had to get my own post off my mind before I could properly focus on the others).

BIAD, that was BeeYouTeeFull...
wow.

I wonder how many different euphemisms you have for Death. LOVE it...
and the similes --
wow.

(except for the washed babies thing -- made me imagine Johnson&Johnsons...not my fave..but that's just me. )

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

What!!??? Nawwww.
You guys are all over this. I'm just a newly entered voice -- HOPING to hold a candle to you all!! I'm afraid if you all ratchet it up a notch, I'll be....lame...

*claps hands once*
So! Who's next??
I wanna know what's up back on Carbiox!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I wonder how many different euphemisms you have for Death. LOVE it... and the similes -- wow.

My Ma was into Spiritualism in a BIG way and every night, when I laid in a two-bedroomed house
with my parents and four sisters... (work that one out!)... I'd hear her calling out that Death was
visiting her again.
For years, she would say has she slept, the Big Guy would come a-calling and whisper who was
next on the list. The sound of her screaming at the tall figure to leave now -still makes me wonder
about that small boy under the covers.
My Pa used to just turn over and mutter "here we go again" a snore was not too far behind!

In the latter part of her life, she told me that she would see 'things' moving around and the tale
of what she perceived as the 'otherside' indicated that we may sometimes 'brush past' another
place or time, we rub against the 'otherside'

Anyway, there was no permanent damage done to my mind... er, heh?!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

The Pandora post was...
It was...
That... that post....
that post was....
Lyrical! yeah! THAT'S what they call that - LYRICAL!

It's like there's a small Sweet Store on Main Street of a mid-West sleepy town in the 50's
and once-in-a-while, you dig deep into those backpockets of your jeans or find a crate of
old dusty Coca-Cola bottles and take them back for the return-money -and then smile at
the paint-chipped doors of the Sweet Store.
No cars pass and no plane roars overhead, Time sits on the rickety porch-seat across the
road infront of the Barber's Shop and smiles in the mid-day sun.
A bell ding-a-lings as you enter and your eyes race like a moth around a candle flame
-at the high shelves of jars and brightly-coloured packages... except the candies are words.

... And I like candy!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Okay, just playin' in my mind while doing dishes…had a thought.
BIAD is waiting to see Death, who had dawdled with Pandora, and group of others was ahead of him in line. He stood patiently, just listening to the lost souls wandering aimlessly around Death's foyer, and noticed that over in one corner, someone was handing out cake!
He wandered over and peered between shoulders and over dreadlocks and around Royal wide-brimmed hats decked with Easter flowers and real pearls…past bag-ladies and psycho killers and human roadkill…
And saw there was a robed figure with a crucifix hanging from a gold chain passing out the plates.
"That's not near enough cake," thought BIAD. And he was correct. But the scene was interesting, so he observed, simply making a mental note that cake would be his next caloric consumption. As the conversation grew more audible and he approached the table, he heard the robed figure speak.
"Hello! Church of England. How are you today? We have a very special treat here for you lucky souls…an alternative to meeting with Death. Cake?"
"Excuse me?" asked the guest.
"Cake or death?"
"Cake, please…"
"There you are." He handed a plate of cake out. And so, the next four souls also chose cake.
BIAD smiled as he counted up cake slices and souls…then laughed inwardly and rubbed his manicured hands together. This would be fun. And he could hardly wait to tell Death what had gone on here in His Finality's absence. He stood on tiptoe when the cake was gone to watch the next person and see what happened.
"Cake for me, too, please," said the petitioner.
The priests' face turned sour. "Well, we're OUT of cake," he said, with a flourish of his arm. "We only had a few bits and we didn't expect such a rush.”
"What, so my choice is 'OR DEATH'?" asked the perplexed purgatorial pilgrim. BIAD nearly clapped. He would get to the head of the line!!
The priest said "Well, we have some chicken."
"All right," said the soul, and accepted it (very ungraciously in BIAD's opinion) and stomped away to sulk in a corner.
Now it was BIAD's turn, and he turned up the charm.
The priest looked at him.
"Death, please."

^^^^^ CREDIT WHERE DUE

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah, I can't help but think this was how Silo felt after dealing with Muckles!

You think you had a bad day?

I was going to post it here but didn't want to tempt the powers that be any more than I do here on a regular basis...

By the by - If one of you is going to write up the 'Let's go to the Center to deal with Zombies' post - let me know please so I don't over write, over lap, whatever.

NIGHT ALL!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well, I'm certainly not going to.....
this is yourall's party.....
but I'm waiting with bated breath!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Not me either... (nice joke -Wilds!)... I've been waiting for Neno to
take up the 'Throne Room' scene, but It well be that I will have to
step up and do it.
(I'm secretly relishing it, actually!)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Oh Wild - this is YOUR party now too - feel free. Really, you're stepping on no ones toes. It's pretty straightforward - zoom in, kill some zombies - firebomb and flame-throw the cocoon cave and head out. Oh, and find poor Deson's bones, give him a proper burial.

What is BIAD gonna do with that Splitter though?

If Dag is going to 'go with' into the Center and she has the Splitter... If she's not going to go and stays back with Ship?

What would you rather BIAD? Dag/Wild?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well, she's going -- no way they're gonna keep her from accompanying them INTO The Center...but I'm seeing her sort of watching from a supposedly "safe" distance (which is what I imagine Ernie would insist on)...with a side-arm --
Chumley wouldn't allow anyone else to throw flames, and for Ernie it's better than the Men in Black ride at Universal Studios -- I mean, a real live second go at zombies!! He's all warmed up, and wouldn't relish having a chick to look after --- besides, he's got that chivalry thing going on -- and hasn't had a chance to "vet" Dag's fighting skills ---
so,
perhaps Dag will be surprised by one or two who manage to flank out unseen and try to jump her, or she'll swoop in for a kill when Chum or Ernie are about to be jumped??

(Thinking about what my husband would want during one of our air-soft- in-the-dark-house matches. Heh! But the last time we 'played', I did successfully disarm him, and spun out of his defensive move to bring the heel of my hand right up to the base of his nose......
....all in slo-mo, of course...Ahhhh, good times. He was so proud he told all the guys at the office!!)
^^^^TRUE STORY. See why I like Dag?

But no, really, I don't think it's my place yet. Now, if y'all wanna get Ernie into a pinch, and Chumley disabled or somehow foiled, I could pick it up from there. Plus, Ernie and Dag don't know how to get there....so, Silo, since you are on the Harry when they come out of Recovery -- seems to me it's YOU, dear....
take us!!

So, in a case like this, do we do a pass-it-round type draft here, and then when we've all contributed, post it to the Opera? That was what I thought might work -- like the classic "break into small groups" in HIST 622 Exhaustive Western Civ??
and then do a "presentation". Hehe.. for our audience of...(obvi this is a grad school class -- no freshman here!)

well, crap, now I'm gonna be wool-gathering until dawn, and I don't want to do it alone!!
edit on 9-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2011 by wildtimes because: to add in the heel of hand to nose!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

so, go for it!!
relish schmelish....
c'mon....*arms crossed, tapping toe* I'm BORED!!.......and I don't have the artistic programs to make pictures with...sigh.
guess i could break out my pinnacle and finally install it....digital movie program came with the Canon camera which has now expired...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Back soon.

edit on 9-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by silo13

Not me either... (nice joke -Wilds!)... I've been waiting for Neno to
take up the 'Throne Room' scene, but It well be that I will have to
step up and do it.
(I'm secretly relishing it, actually!)

Oh my! We're already at the Throne room?

I see no reason not to tag-team it, like we did the Christmas Story last year.

Go ahead - I'll follow your lead.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Ackkkk!!!! I'll have to use ALL my socks to fill in that bodice!!
I don't wanna be huge!! Just a little avatar!!!
Heh, but yeah, I dig the armour.....it's very Dag.
(Although I really like the sailor suit, too....)

edit on 9-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

So, in a case like this, do we do a pass-it-round type draft here, and then when we've all contributed, post it to the Opera? That was what I thought might work -- like the classic "break into small groups" in HIST 622 Exhaustive Western Civ??
and then do a "presentation". Hehe.. for our audience of...(obvi this is a grad school class -- no freshman here!)

You know, that's never been done here, and for the life of me I can't understand why that idea never occurred to us before - especially with the number of posts that have had two or more of the writer's characters in them.

Someone give that girl a raise! and a piece of cake, too, since BIAD I have already taken all the Death....

Now you've got me woke up, and I'm going to have to put on a pot of coffee...

edit on 2011/11/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I don't have the artistic programs to make pictures with...sigh.

I can fix that... but the learning curve is all yours, since I never really got the hang of how to make them do what I wanted them to do...

GIMP might be a good one to start with - it's supposed to be on a par with Photoshop, but is free. My daughter can make it "do stuff", but I look at it and just shake my head and say "what the hell kinda program IS that?"

The one's I use most are Terragen and DAZ, but they "create" the scenes from 3d models, rather than doing the artistry stuff that Silo and BIAD do.

new topics

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join