It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 266
<< 263  264  265    267  268  269 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
On Muckles -

Here's a little bit on The Morrigan I dug up on the 'net:

Arguably the darkest goddess in the Celtic pantheon is the fiery, red - haired Morrigan. This frearsome Irish goddess was triple -aspect as the goddess of sexuality, war, and death.
She was was also triple - aspect with her two sister, Nemhain and badhbh, and the three of them often would change into the shapes of ravens swooping and cawing over a battlefield, apparently rejoicing in the blood of slain warriors. More usefully , she was able to incite one side in a battlefield against another and thereby secure a victory, She could also change shape int the dreaded "Washer at the Ford". a beautiful maiden seen, before a battle, apparently washing the bloodied clothes of a warrior about to die. Her power to predict the deaths of heroes, as well as unfavorable outcomes of war rendered her extremely fearsome , particularly when she adopted the guise of and old hag, with one eye and a shriveled leg, in order to pronounce her prophecies. In her destructive aspect, the Morrigan resembles such enchantresses as the Greek Goddesses Circe or the Hindu goddess Kali. In the later tales of the Arthurian cycle, she is linked to Morgan le Fay, Magician and sister of King Arthur.

Source

Several pictures on that page as well, but none that really struck my fancy to post here. Most had her with black hair, contrary to the description.

As an aside, when I typed "The Morrigan" into Google, my ham-fisted typing brought it forth the first time as "The Morrigasm". In combination with BIAD's post, I had to go wash my hands, and am considering turning the garden hose on my keyboard now...

ETA: HERE is a pretty good picture of the tripled aspect, or Pick another

edit on 2011/11/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Butbutbut... the Costner character kissed that girl! Now, to be fair, she was a redhead, and if he was going to get all weak-kneed, it would be over a redhead, but... neno is SKEERT of gurls! He's scared of spiders, 'cause they'll bite ya before you see 'em, and he's scared of gurls, 'cause they leave bruises that ya can't see!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Butbutbut... the Costner character kissed that girl! Now, to be fair, she was a redhead, and if he was going to get all weak-kneed, it would be over a redhead, but... neno is SKEERT of gurls! He's scared of spiders, 'cause they'll bite ya before you see 'em, and he's scared of gurls, 'cause they leave bruises that ya can't see!

Actually, the Costner -Elvis-possible-son was obtaining bubblegum from the young red-head...
To save on sticky hands, I suppose!
Great pics of Morrigan and I'm wondering if we can morph Muckles a little more?

As far as the Demon encounter... I have no idea wha happened in that room
Edit: You should try the shoot-out too!

edit on 8-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

One other twisted consequence of all this - when we repair the Big Rip, and time itself is changed from that point forward, one of the differences in the development of our "home time" will be that the Earth still exists and was never destroyed, the UEF still exists with it's legitimate President still in place, Bransom never was President (she remains a low-level bureaucrat), and Ernie never killed her.

This quote from Neno? It goes a far way to explain what I meant by my 'one dimensional brain' just doesn't 'get it' - my hue-and-cry you'll hear often. *tosses Wild a pair a ear buds*

I'm glad I've got two hands. I'm going to need them held a bit through that whole business...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hmmm... All the stuff that happened after and including the Earth being destroyed? It was ALL a bad dream... one of those dreams that you can't quite remember when you wake up in the morning. You know there was something there, but just can't quite remember what it was.

It never happened. It was in the Dream Time.

The squirrel with the explosive acorn ran out on a different branch of the tree and blew up. Your branch of the tree never blew up. It's still just as fresh and green as it ever was.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hot damn but if that didn't do it.
Maybe because just recently someone called me a nut.

All kidding aside Neno that did it.

BUT. Matter can't just disappear. Energy just can't not be energy anymore. Sooooo where did it all go?

Or is it still there, just, not there...

Oh hell...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I hate my last post with a passion.
I don't know what's going on, what Muckles is up to but I hate it.
15 times that post changed from when I posted it.
Well, 6 times but it felt like twice that and then some.

BIAD... What's she up to?

Yuck. I, ermmm, I mean Silo wants to go to the Center!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Hot damn but if that didn't do it.
Maybe because just recently someone called me a nut.

As long as you aren't an explosive nut...

BUT. Matter can't just disappear. Energy just can't not be energy anymore. Sooooo where did it all go?

Or is it still there, just, not there...

Oh hell...

Nothing disappears as far as matter and energy are concerned. The individual atoms may not go into making the same thing, but they are still "there". The matter is still there, but it may be shaped differently.

For example, the matter making up the Earth is still in one really big rock, instead of in a gozillion itty bitty rocks scattered along the Earths orbit like a new asteroid belt. If you film a snowball hitting the side of your house and slow it down, you can se that it doesn't just go POOF! it instead shatters into a billion tiny snowballs. Now run that film in reverse, and all those tiny snowballs fly back together into the big snowball.

We're running the film of the universe in reverse, back to a time before everything happened, and then going back forward again without the nasty influences that made it happen in the first place, so that it never does happen. The snowball sails over the house instead of smacking the side of it.

In the tree analogy, we are running back down the branch to towards the trunk to the next fork, and scaring the squirrel up another branch. Neno was born on another branch, all the events leading up to that are on that other branch. We are running back up a branch where those events didn't happen. So then, since WE come from a branch where they did happen (or neno wouldn't exist) we will have the memories that we actually lived through, on the other branch, but the new branch we are on won't hold those same memories for anyone there,

We will recall things that never happened for them but were way too real when they DID happen to us. That's why if neno goes to the Penelope, and asks Lt. James (who is from THAT branch) how long it's been since the Earth blew up, Lt. James will look at him and say "Blew up? Are you feeling OK? maybe you'd better lie down or go see the doc and get some sanity pills..."

edit on 2011/11/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I added a little more to my post above - the last two paragraphs.

After pondering it a bit more, neno CAN exist on this time branch even though his conception and birth were on another, because of the way he got to Vandalia to begin with - transported across time dimensions in the company of the Rootak couple. It's sort of like being born in Detroit, but growing up in Miami because you moved with your parents as an infant.

That means he can have lived his life there, just like everyone else, and Lt James got to be born because neno was already there as an infant to grow up and procreate. "Our" neno, however, having been at the fork of the branches after growing up on the one where Earth blew up, will have the same confused memories as everyone else in this escapade rather than the memories of Earth never having blown up that "this" Lt. James will have, since Lt. James wasn't there when the Universe was saved from the Big Rip.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I think it's time we popped in on what Neno, BIAD and the approaching
Tibbs are about to get themselves into.
Do you wish to assist with any fight scene? I can turn the 'GORE-Switch'
up just a little more -if you wish?!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I get what you're saying nenothtu. The classic "it was all a dream" like when Bobby never died in Dallas...

When I read your analogies, I'm thinking of the multi-dimensional wowreally stuff that quantum physica talk about. Like in other dimensions, the things we think about doing actually took place, so that every potential outcome does exist somewhere else.

Have to warn you, I'm fascinated by that stuff - utterly bewitched - and certainly have a firm "extradimensional" theory of my own (based on my dreams while I'm sleeping -- there is a recurring cast of characters and locations -- and I'm very famliar with them -- I move about between this group and circumstance and that, all the while knowing where I am -- yet I MYSELF seem to be the only thing they have in common otherwise).
But,
Sometimes they merge -- where I step out of the hall on campus where I talking with Steve to suddenly find myself at the hotel and my Mom is showing me the inked-on tattoo design she's going to have put on her neck just below her earlobe...we leave together, but I remember I forgot my library book so I have to go back into the mall--I find it but go back out and my car is gone and so I have to go back to the hotel...Normally those are separate story lines.

Wow I'm really rambling, just thinking aloud...so...because I have these dreams that are progressive in storyline but stable in population and geography (complete with areas getting run down or halls being re-painted -- except, of course, for that revolting community locker room where all the the 60 toilets are clogged with foul wastes save the ONE that is not in a privacy stall -- which means everyone, including the guys, can watch whoever is using it....HATE that place)

blah blah...and no, I'm perfectly sober - just still in the "zone" of post-heavy-sleep.

so.. is that kinda what we're talking about here??

And, is there a predetermined point where all this is supposed to converge back to? A page I can look at?
Obviously many of the characters I've just met are doomed -- who will be left?

And what about the flute, silo? Isn't muckles supposed to do sod-all with that thing to save the universe? And Carpet is beholden to get her back to Carbiox?
But Carpet needs to have a chat with Silo?

I'm lost, guys.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Okay, just for a quick update -- I've posted a scene where everyone is at Recovery Bay, Carpet has met up with Silo, Chumley, Dag, and Ernie are heading for the center, Adam is healing, and the Splitter is safe in Dag's possession.

Time stamp is about 9:30 central standard, and I have to go with husband and broken truck to mechanic's garage. Hopefully I'll be back before edit time runs out, but just be aware if it's too late...I'm SORRY if I screwed anything up!!

Still, I had fun with Silo13, Carpet, and Chumley.......and silo, why do you hate the post? I don't hate the post. I still don't know what Muckles is gonna do (if not die)...but at least Silo got outta there...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I'm pretty tuckered at the moment - just got back into the barn from hanging out just back of beyond, so I won't be writing much today. Go ahead and go for it. If the Muckles In The Center scene was any indication, though, you might have to dial back on the gore!

I've just now gotten my eyeballs back in their sockets and smothered the smolder so they stopped melting!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
I get what you're saying nenothtu. The classic "it was all a dream" like when Bobby never died in Dallas...

SHHHH! There's kids around, and they might not know what "Dallas" is... it'll cause questions!

When I read your analogies, I'm thinking of the multi-dimensional wowreally stuff that quantum physica talk about. Like in other dimensions, the things we think about doing actually took place, so that every potential outcome does exist somewhere else.

Exactly! Every event or decision spawns off multiple timelines from that point to account for every possibility, just like a tree branch branches, but infinitely more complex to account for all those infinite possibilities as time goes on.

I was trained in astrophysics - not very long, just under 4 years. No masters or PhD or any of that impressive confetti they give you when you're a good boy. I probably should have concentrated on Quantum Physic and String Theory instead, and then maybe I could understand what the hell it is I'm talking about here. Do you know how confusing it is to not really understand what you yourself are saying?

I have to make it up as I roll along.

[Dream "stuff"]

so.. is that kinda what we're talking about here??

Yeah, that's the ticket!

RE: the dreams - ignore the black wolf. He's really harmless, and only there to help.

And, is there a predetermined point where all this is supposed to converge back to? A page I can look at?
Obviously many of the characters I've just met are doomed -- who will be left?

Uh, well, I hadn't really theorized that far yet. Only the characters dependent on the End of the Universe for their beginning are "doomed". Come to think of it, that might be where neno and the Dark Lord blinked out to in my ramblings...

We've not ran across anyone directly affected by the big rip in the story (other than neno - see below), so most all of the characters are just fine, The Opi Buzzards were fleeing from the destruction it wrought, and seeking new territory, which is why they destroyed Earth so the could take over the United Earth Federation space by decapitating the Empire. If the big rip is stopped before it starts, such that it never happens, then the Buzzards never come, and Earth is never destroyed, so everything directly related to that never happens in this time line. Everyone who was alive still IS, including the entire population of Earth That Was Never Destroyed.

nenothtu's very existence depends on the events around the Buzzard attack of Yydryl, so he is the only character in danger of Never Having Existed. That creates a paradox, because if he never existed, then he cannot have stopped the Big Rip. Since the Big Rip is then not stopped, he exists and stops it, whereupon he never existed, and couldn't stop it, so it happened, and he again existed, then he stopped it, and ceased to exist... see how that paradox goes round and round until your eyeballs are looking at the back of your head?

To avoid that paradox ever occurring, I made use of an event in the story that wasn't really planned out at all, and didn't figure into the story line this way, but it fits like a glove, so I put it to work. That event is the transfer of infant nenothtu from 2010 Earth, where he was actually born, to 2273 Earth, where he is found wandering in the woods as a 2 year old child. In order for time travel to happen, one must cross dimensions, from "then" to "now". I made use of that dimension-crossing time walk to say that he was born in one time line, but returned to the one we have now (after the big rip is fixed and the universe is safe once more).

Simple version, because I'm tired and not thinking deeply: Silo got pregnant in this time line during the Buzzard attack. That made neno's existence dependent on the attack. When she was about to deliver, she inexplicably traveled back in time to Cindymars' cabin. By traveling in time, she jumped timelines, traveled to a different branch. That's where neno was born, and then they both came back to THIS time line, in neno's case as a child who arrived here before he was even conceived, so that now his existence is not dependent on his conception during the buzzard attack, because that had not yet happened when he arrived in this timeline.In other words, since he existed here before the attack, his existence is now not dependent ON the attack, even though he was conceived right in the middle of it.

Jesus! and you thought your dreams might be confusing! neno could just as well say "I AM, for I have no beginning", and it would be the gospel truth - in this timeline, dimension, universe, whatevahyawannacallit.

And what about the flute, silo? Isn't muckles supposed to do sod-all with that thing to save the universe? And Carpet is beholden to get her back to Carbiox?
But Carpet needs to have a chat with Silo?

I'm lost, guys.

That question seems a bit tame NOW, don't it?
I'm curious how that's gonna work, too, but I'll be they have a plan, so onward we roll, and I ain't gonna worry about it - I'll let the inventors handle that!

edit on 2011/11/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

SHHHH! There's kids around, and they might not know what "Dallas" is... it'll cause questions!

He he....*mind already inventing a history tome with some Dune-esque description*

well...it wasn't ONLY in that time and space, it's a lame escape from LOTS of soap operas....that's why we still remember that PARTICULAR use of it -- it just was so...anti-climactic. More suitable for All My Children or One Life to Live.

Anyhoo--
yeah, I understand making it up as you go. I have a couple of posts in other threads that are heady-kinda stuff that I'm not really sure what I'm getting at, until I try to type it...

Who was it, said: "How do I know what I think until I see what I say?" ....*quick Google search* ...ahh. E.M. Forster. Brilliant novelist.

But back on topic here....
I have a very pedestrian grasp of the quantum physics thing myself. E.H. Walker's "The Physics of Consciousness" was a book I read last spring, helped me get the very concept you're talking about. Highly recommend it. books.google.com...

Thanks for the clarification on neno's birth and the Rootahoobatans or whoever they are...I did get kerfuffled trying to wade through the birth scene, then the Rannookians, and the 2-year-old and Franky and Margot...but had a grasp of it being something like that.

Okay, well, I made a new entry, we'll just have to see where the creators go with it from here...
Cheers! Here's to esoteric thinking puzzles!! YAY

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The Pandora post was...

It was...

That... that post....

that post was....

Lyrical! yeah! THAT'S what they call that - LYRICAL!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I hate the post because... I dunno but I felt a bit overwhelmed by Muckles and the whole thing she 'did' to heal Ship...

AND - I want to know how Ship got 'poisoned'. Was it regular poison or enchanted? Did Deez do it for the Dark Lord (not) or it is a byproduct of the zombie cocoons (probably)? Runoff of their evil yuck.

Then - I just felt creepy grossed out over 'Skinny'.

Skinny is my favorite droid (remarkable also Silo's - go figure)... His 'side-kick' Squibs are bit 'Laurel and Hardey-ish.' Skinny, is bio-robo, U-Man like. Squibs is R2D2 like and in their case Skinny is the smart one. Anyway. When 'seeing' Skinny look at Silo with that smile, that grisly bloody slash cutting across his mouth, his rub rub rubbing on Muckles tome? Holy "bleepers' even I had to GET OUT OF THERE!

Anyway, funny thing that? Since then? The day I had today is beyond believable.
Almost burnt down the house, killed my Iguana and bird.
Almost bled to death trying to keep the house from burning down, lol and now? Now I'm just a wee bit 'tipsy' cause the doctor told me (remember I'm in a third world place here, lol) the doc told me to go home, eat two raw eggs and drink a big glass a wine to help buck up my blood. All it did was make be 'buck up' my lunch (I only got through one egg sucking before I hurled) and yeah, the wine went to my head...

Well anyway... It seems like Muckles? Whatever Muckles was trying to 'do' to Silo from her nest (foreshadow of Muckles in a 'change' that) rubbed off on me today, lol.

I'll be back with pictures later.

edit on 8-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just saying I'm about to wet my pants laughing over Wilds last post.
Mods please forgive me.
I'm not even through with the post but when I got to 'stupid cat' I lost it.
Oh hell.

WE'VE CREATED A MONSTER!

Welcome to the Space Opera once again Wild...

AHHHH-HA HA HA HA HA!!!

By the by... Pandora is scary. Beautiful post, but that chick is just downright scary!

Be back in a bit if I don't fall down... (Laughing?)...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

"A'ight. You gotta plow, say, movin' snow. An' a stupid cat run right out in front the blade, an' its tail gets the chop cuz the blade 'n' the tail can't BOTH be a-touchin' that there snow...yeah, and so seein's the plow's the tougher the tail is...ya'know, roadkilt."

Lyrical musing, or pure poetry?

I dunno. You decide. I can't because I have been shocked and awed.

This is all just more than one mind can take on only one tankard of gas!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Anyway, funny thing that? Since then? The day I had today is beyond believable.
Almost burnt down the house, killed my Iguana and bird.
Almost bled to death trying to keep the house from burning down, lol and now? Now I'm just a wee bit 'tipsy' cause the doctor told me (remember I'm in a third world place here, lol) the doc told me to go home, eat two raw eggs and drink a big glass a wine to help buck up my blood. All it did was make be 'buck up' my lunch (I only got through one egg sucking before I hurled) and yeah, the wine went to my head...

!!!!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!????????
Holy cow I sure hope you exaggerated just a tiny bit. Oh, I'm SAD now...!! NOOOoooo!!
Poor iguana. Poor bird....
poor silo

(the eggs and milk and wine thing, though...do you ALWAYS do what that doctor tells you to do??) might have to work that in here somehow...after the trauma has passed.
sorry, silo

new topics

top topics

<< 263  264  265    267  268  269 >>

join