It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 264
<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That looks like one of the pics from BIAD's modeling days!

The outfit was burned in agreement with my neighbours, after the
hermaphrodite started wearing it again and visiting windows in the
evening.

The memories still make blush!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Uh-oh,
sorry silo, but the walleye is otherwise occupied at the moment....and about to wet his coveralls...who knows, though, he might make it that far!
get the latest up-to-the-moment breaking news in the Opera thread.....

or advise if said walleye is not with whom Chummers will meet up....??

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Godd gawds I wish I had your imagination!! And artistic talent!!
lol LOL

oh, but....

And everybody knew you didnt give
no lip to Boy In A Dress.

how about.....
"And everybody knew 'You don't give BIAD no lip.'"

Just sayin', it rhymes better, and the rhythm fits better. But mebbe his ego got in the way of accurate poetry, what with the hedge-hog distracting him...i dunno. And no, I will NOT babysit for you.

edit on 6-11-2011 by wildtimes because: crap. screwed it up myself! Doh!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

'You don't give BIAD no lip.'"

I should of really, but the words are from a verse of Jimmy Dean's 'Big Bad John'
song from long ago.
BIAD corrupted it... (just like he does with everything, I suppose).. and stuck it
on his sig.
Anyway, I got him to change it for a Inspiral Carpets song that he likes.
The Hedgehog is safely back in the garden now.

EDIT: When I get a few minutes spare, may I have a go at doing you a
edit on 6-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Absolutely!! I'm looking forward to it!

And I'm enjoying the BIAD slide-show thing....so many looks, so few runways....

as for Carbiox (that's the hellmine planet, right?) I don't know if they'll make it back there or not....I'm not in charge of all the other players! Guess you all will lead "us" to that bridge when the time comes!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

ROTFL!

That's a particularly ugly rabbit you pulled out of your hat there with Bransom, lol!
How in the hell did she get on Ship? (I have no doubt you'll give us a reason later)!
I love it!

Oh if poor Neno only knew! Zombies AND Bransom on Ship and he's back stuck dealing with the Dark Lord.
(Was that a whimper I heard?)

Wall-Eyes is Ernie, yes - but of course we don't say it to his face.

ANYWAY - I'll wait until tomorrow morning my time, by that time you all are sleeping (or should be) - and I'll see where to go from there!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

tee hee!!
yeah, until this morning's creative beast was awake, I wasn't sure WHAT was going on in there aside from Deez's remains...I expected maybe Zombie-Deez, an icky smell, a big mess to clean up and some useless equipment.

Wow!! Was I ever surprised! Holy cow!! (No one has dibs on Bransom, do they? I haven't seen her written anywhere except the intro to lab with Adam).

Glad you enjoyed it!! Always have had, as my first favorite thing -- making others laugh...

and you all are certainly contributing to MY laugh-jonesing!!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Oh Bransom's been around a while. She's easily loathed, narcissistic, power hungry, and everyone pretty much runs in the other direction when she's around as she's got a big ego, bigger mouth and tends to get quite gabby when she goes off on her illogical tangents.

Neno has a particular hatred with relish on top for Bransom - she's his 'creature' originally.

Let me see if I can find where she first arrived - it was between Neno and her, etc, and I'll post the link for you - I'd like to go back and refresh my memory anyway.

Also - since Deson (Ship's armor, Chief of the flight deck, etc) was not 'around'? It must'a been pretty easy for Bransom to slip onto the Yydryl! Not sure how she did it, but, I can't imagine she needed much stealth with Deson away from his post and the Yydryl sick. Just sayin...

Oh, and Deez? Naw, he's dead dead. But you knew that... lol
edit on 6-11-2011 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Oh if poor Neno only knew! Zombies AND Bransom on Ship and he's back stuck dealing with the Dark Lord.
(Was that a whimper I heard?)

neno the character says "WAHHHHH! WAHHHHH!" !

neno the writer rubs his hands together and says "now the things I can do with THIS!"

neno the character had a particularly gruesome, ignominious, and thoroughly embarrassing death in mind for Bransom, but Ernie, in this particular situation, will likely be more businesslike... and the woman IS commanding a zombie horde!

Can't write anything at the moment - grandkids are over, and climbing my whiskers at random. I'll have it together before the evening is out here, though.
edit on 2011/11/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Heh. Sorry gang. Couldn't help myself. I-Pod plugged out of boredom while sweeping patio....it just sort of called to me. The image of Bransom crooning....

BIAD, can you embed the soundtrack??
(Celine Dion - Power of Love)
Like I said, I love the soundtrack thing.....
sooner or later, hollywood WILL find us!!

he he!
I can't decide if it's more Rocky Horror, Hitchhiker's Guide, EDIT TO ADD: Beetlejuice??
or just, well.....
our Opera.

edit on 6-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Combining a couple of replies into one here.

First things first:

ANYWAY - I'll wait until tomorrow morning my time, by that time you all are sleeping (or should be) - and I'll see where to go from there!

My sleep schedule probably substantially mimics yours, and is thoroughly out of synchronization with my own time zone, which inexplicably lost an hour somewhere last night, as if trading itself in for a different time zone - which is a win-win, really, since I get to experience jet lag without the unpleasantries of a TSA patdown! It's that way on account of my odd ball hours at work - I have to be there when Evil walks the Earth, and everyone else is snoozing.

Neno has a particular hatred with relish on top for Bransom - she's his 'creature' originally.

She's originally Luder's creation, but as I recall he gave us express permission to either kill her off or set her up as Queen of the Known Universe as the fancy struck us before he slipped off into that dark comatose night.

P.S. - Did you REALLY say "on top" in the same sentence as "Bransom"? REALLY? Shame on you!

Let me see if I can find where she first arrived - it was between Neno and her, etc, and I'll post the link for you - I'd like to go back and refresh my memory anyway.

She first arrived in a boatload of refugees the Penelope was picking up from the debris of the destruction of Earth, and crowned herself President of the UEF by default, being the next living successor to the now deceased government of that Federation.

Since Earth was destroyed, the UEF thrown into complete, total, and probably irrevocable disarray, she essentially crowned herself King of Nothing, which amuses neno to no end. Tolerance for pomposity is not one of his strong points. That's why he doesn't give a fuzzy rat's behind what she has to say - as far as he's concerned, she's a tempest in a teapot, has no real government to back her, and no real power in the Universe beyond her blind self-obsession. We already know neno's views on what is and isn't real "power", and government or lack thereof doesn't even enter that equation in his pea brain. It's not a side issue, it's a NON issue.

I wrote up a post about 3 months or so ago concerning her demise, but it's still on paper rather than having been committed to electrons, and will likely never be used. I never found the right time to drop it into the story. A couple of glimpses are that neno, BIAD, and Tibbs traveled to wherever her seat of government was on a day trip, neno being of a murderous mind at the time, and BIAD drafted as the getaway driver.

Not to get into messy details, it ended with her being found inexplicably dead in her own suite, buck naked and splayed out on her bed in all her rotund glory, bug eyed and apparently having choked to death on some gob of flesh from her dinner plate. The perfect setup for an "accidental" death, ruled as such by the coroner (who was glad to see her gone, and so didn't dig too deeply into the issue), and neno, BIAD, and Tibbs made a clean getaway before the body was ever discovered.

Fade to black.

Also - since Deson (Ship's armor, Chief of the flight deck, etc) was not 'around'? It must'a been pretty easy for Bransom to slip onto the Yydryl! Not sure how she did it, but, I can't imagine she needed much stealth with Deson away from his post and the Yydryl sick. Just sayin...

Yeah, I'd imagine it was just a stroke of luck on her part, arriving when Yydryl was under the weather. It was obvious to me that she had come to pursue and arrest the fugitives from LAB, to wit Dag and Adam, who had previously escaped from her ham-fisted clutches.

I've got about 3 ideas swirling in my head for this next post in that saga. The kids and grandkids just left, there are no annoying cartoons on the TV which is back on Sci-Fi, and I am quietly slipping into The Zone. Post shortly.

"They are courageous only in numbers, but YOU are courageous when you stand alone" - "The Immortals. to be released to the Silver Screen 11-11-11.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Heh. Sorry gang. Couldn't help myself. I-Pod plugged out of boredom while sweeping patio....it just sort of called to me. The image of Bransom crooning....

BIAD, can you embed the soundtrack??

Like I said, I love the soundtrack thing.....
sooner or later, hollywood WILL find us!!

Like that?

Now if these dogs will stop crawling around on me so's I can think and type out a post for the story....

"Outlander" is on SciFi on the StoopidToob. A tall, dark militaristic stranger crash lands in viking age Scandanavia. en route from the decimation of a war zone, gets stranded, has his dead wife in a coffin in the cargo hold, and saves the world from monsters. Same old same old.

Onward to Glory and Honor!

Well, that and igmominious death and destruction...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Ya know you've reminded me before Luder 'created' Bransom but I've yet to kick the memory she's YOURS to the curb. She's just so...You. In a way, lol.

I'm looking forward to how you'll 'take care' of her. I hope all agree she's 'untouchable' unless it's Neno doing the touching. (That sounds just so wrong)...

Actually I've yet to be to the story line this morning - let me go peek...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Neno stand at his computer desk, brushes off stray gobs of 'Bransom'.

A hush falls over the crowd.

Neno takes a bow.

CLICK PLAY:

BRAVO!!!

Absofreekintootly great!

I'm SO glad to see Bransom gone... Than again, in a strange kind of way I'll miss her... We'll need a new protagonist soon.

I don't suppose she can be 'fixed'?

NAWWWW!
edit on 7-11-2011 by silo13 because: Nawwwww!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
G'mornin'!!!
The full moon glaring into my face through the window woke me up a couple of hours ago ... I gazed at it for a while until I drifted off again...
and woke once more thinking "They're gonna chuck me outta the group."

But, I see that my little too-much hasn't got me fired yet! *whews with repentent relief*

WELL DONE, neno!!
I wondered how it was going to be resolved, and expected I'd need someone to help.

You remind me of my husband in so many ways -- I've told him about you 3, and this adventure. Who knows, maybe he'll read it one day if he gets bored enough.

So, now I've no Bransom. (aw, maNN, I coulda had fun with her!!)..I'll pause and see what transpires next.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I'm looking forward to how you'll 'take care' of her. I hope all agree she's 'untouchable' unless it's Neno doing the touching. (That sounds just so wrong)...

EEEW!

Seriously, you ought to have read the other "End of Bransom" post I handwrote out at work one evening on the back of some report forms!

EEEW X5!

I might type it up in a few days, just for the posterity that never was....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I don't suppose she can be 'fixed'?

Nope. Can't even repair a zombie, which has ALREADY been reanimated at least once, after you SPLAT! that noggin.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

There's only what? About 8 of the 12 or so zombies left now?

I'm almost finished and ready to post a piece with Chumley and Carpet. They just watched what happened in the Recovery Bay (on a Deson monitor) and are on their way to the scene of the 'splatter'. From there Chumley and Ernie are headed into the Center to clean up those last few zombies! I've been wanting to get this done forever!

I'll leave the story open ended in case Dag wants to go with Chumley and Ernie. Carpet can't go of course, but, I wasn't sure if you wanted Dag to go or if she'll stay with Adam. I cant imagine it's going to be a quick and easy 'clean up' of his system? Maybe she'll go? Who knows!

edit on 7-11-2011 by silo13 because: bold fix

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

But, I see that my little too-much hasn't got me fired yet! *whews with repentent relief*

Huh? Naw! There wasn't any "little too much" there. half of the exercise you get here is waiting for the hand off to see what you can do with where it's gone! Keeps you on your toes and exercises your creativity muscle!

You should have been here when we got an exploded Earth out of the blue! I thought the whole thread might go into meltdown!

WELL DONE, neno!!

thank you.

You remind me of my husband in so many ways -- I've told him about you 3, and this adventure. Who knows, maybe he'll read it one day if he gets bored enough.

It's a LOT of reading at this point, so he'll have to set aside a big ol' chunk of time - in the days to weeks range - to get that done. I'd like to see a "digest" version of it, since so many plotlines had twists and turns that just went no where, but I can't think of any way to do that without chopping it somewhere, and that just wouldn't do. Just trimming out the plots that suddenly ended with no resolution would prune it down a lot, but at the same time it would make it - I dunno, maybe not "less", but "not quite either".

Must be the way writers feel who do it for a living every time they send off a manuscript to the editor's chop-shop - and you KNOW none of those ever get through unscathed!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

There's only what? About 8 of the 12 or so zombies left now?

I really never knew exactly how many there were to begin with. I think there was mention of 6 or 8 coccoons, but by the time they killed Deson it was hordes.

I think Ernie killed 9 in the Recovery Bay (not counting Bransom), and dag killed one or two before that in there, and Ernie killed another one right outside of The Swamp.

I'm almost finished and ready to post a piece with a Chumley and Carpet - they just watched what happened in the Recovery Bay and are on their way there - From there Chumley and Ernie are headed into the Center.

That works. I'm depleted and have to recharge. It's all yours for the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join