It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 263
<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yeah, I have no idea where that came from. So many time these characters - especially the ones that aren't 'mine' go off on a tangent with my pen. It's freaky sometimes but highly rewarding in other ways too.

And yes, Dag is a chicklette - but remember - she's yours and you can make her to anything you want. No bars.

Have fun with her and Adam. I so hope he keeps his 'brogue' at least! But, maybe Death stole his sexy voice.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Sorry again, I actually meant if you need an avatar for yourself making, I'd
be only too happy to.

No Probs!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

"Great," thought Dag, "we called a clunker."

BUST out laughing.

Awww and now Dag and Adam are so happy I hope they don't find the bloody PHARS (Silo's personal healing machine) with the dead Deez in it!
Your choice though of course. If you don't 'see' it I'll have Silo find it when she comes looking for you two.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh, yes, they're going to see Deez....no worries there....but I don't know what else! Yet.

to BIAD:
Sir, seriously, no more apologies necessary!!

I would love to have a new avatar....let me see what I can come up with.
I actually really REALLy like the Waterhouse painting I'm using now, but wished I could figure out how to put ATS logo on the lid or the side of the box....and sort of add some glitter, and make it more of a "detail", perhaps change the hair to what mine looks like?

Anyway, how long has BIAD been living with you?? He seems to be a very well-rounded character. I'm looking forward to getting to know him better. Never met anyone who thinks like that.

And his brother death...
is there a backstory or character sketch of the two that I could read through??

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Actually she's drying back up to her old prune-ish self. LOL. And she'd be awful pissed if she saw that pick you posted though! Something about being beautiful really turns her mean. I wonder why? (Feel free to let me know if you know - she hasn't told me yet)...

I'm guessing it's something to do with being The Morrigan Incarnate. Celtic goddess of battle, the Washer at the Ford. Killing folks is what that aspect of her seems to crave... and that'll make ya MEAN!

Triple goddess kinda thing going on there - Maiden, Matron, Crone, only the last two of which have made an appearance thus far. The Morrigan got merged in with Bridgit somewhere along the line in the "matron" aspect.

Muckles constant "flashing" of her girly bits is another indicator. Google "Sheila na Gig" for that sort of thing from The Crone immortalized in old British Church architecture from around the time of the change over to christianity.. Be forewarned - it's not a pretty sight!

It really kind of took me by surprise, this appearance, since earlier in the story neno swore some oath or other "by The Morrigan's dugs" or something like that. You know he's got that potty mouth going on, and isn't picky about which gods or goddesses are in his sights at the time when he decides a curse or two might be appropriate.

That's my interpretation of what's been going on, anyhow.

ETA: Since The Morrigan is symbolized by a crow (carrion bird, eating corpses off the battlefield, that sort of thing) one has to wonder how she'll interact with The Buzzards!

edit on 2011/11/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

With a size 6 figure, 115 pounds of lean, mean, piss-and-vinegar beneath copper-blonde, wavy, waist-length hair, sporting freckles, and blue eyes. Whose skin tans just thinking about the sun. Can't help it. No ivory white option for me...

Stop that! You're too young for me!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

(Did this post make any sense at all? Must be all that beetle collecting I've been doing)...

Don't eat the green ones!

RE: The Flute picture - I recall seeing that li'l fella in some kid's show, but I'll be blasted if I can recall which one.

No, it was my KIDS watching the show - I was just along for the ride! Honest!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yeah, I have no idea where that came from. So many time these characters - especially the ones that aren't 'mine' go off on a tangent with my pen. It's freaky sometimes but highly rewarding in other ways too.

Your PEN? Careful with that thing - some of them can scratch up computer monitors. I use a felt-tip marker myself, so as to avoid that!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

"Great," thought Dag, "we called a clunker."

BUST out laughing.

Awww and now Dag and Adam are so happy I hope they don't find the bloody PHARS (Silo's personal healing machine) with the dead Deez in it!
Your choice though of course. If you don't 'see' it I'll have Silo find it when she comes looking for you two.

I'm beginning to wonder if ErnieBen found Deez's carcass and cleaned it up a bit, tossing it into the body pile with the rest - he WAS hunting for dead things, y'know?

On second thought, that might not be such a good idea - if he's in there when Dag shows up, she might X him out on reflex!

I'll get a post worked up some time in the near future. I've been sort of tied up going around kicking bar stools out from under folks in political threads related to OWS, and work has gotten weird and unpredictable as to time. The coyotes are easing in on me here at work night by night. I hear them about every night maybe 6 or 700 yards away, saw one that I swore was a wolf instead of a coyote a couple of weeks ago around 300 yards from here and watched him chase field mice for 7 or 8 minutes, and now a few nights ago another guy here said he saw a pack of them down at a pond about 150 yards from here, probably trying to waylay some mallards that hang out there.

I've got to get another post for Walt worked out in the SHTF story, too, before that story just dies.

So much "stuff" so little time. Maybe I just need to re-prioritize!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

About those Buzzards... It does make me wish I could skip ahead a few pages in the Opera and find out what their deal is with TDL and also - as you said how Muckles is going to deal with them in return.

It could have been in the 'Mists of Avalon' or some poking around on the internet but I remember the goddess was also the 'great sow' - along with the crone, etc. Makes for a ugly visual of ol Muckles.

And those coyotes? Oh the stories I have!
They're incredible animals aren't they! Living for a time in New Hampshire I got my eyes opened a time or two by 'wolves' that were not supposed to be their' also. I think people have a lot more to learn about wolves than they think. I'll have to share some memories of that sometime.

Will be good to hear from you in the story again. I'm off to deal with an unruly Carpet at the moment and then - depending on if you post anything about Erie or not - seems like it's about time for him to show up.

How's the gang back in the Tower doing?

Good Sunday to you. (Oh, it's the Magic Flute from H.R PuffnStuff) lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

About those Buzzards... It does make me wish I could skip ahead a few pages in the Opera and find out what their deal is with TDL and also - as you said how Muckles is going to deal with them in return.

I'm wondering, if she does turn out to be The Morrigan/Bridie, whether she may not have some sort of influence over the Buzzards, buzzards being just bigger carrion birds and all that.

It could have been in the 'Mists of Avalon' or some poking around on the internet but I remember the goddess was also the 'great sow' - along with the crone, etc. Makes for a ugly visual of ol Muckles.

I recall hearing something about a "Great Cutty Sow" from Scottish folklore, but I'm not real clear on it now. As I recall, which is imperfectly at best, the Great Cutty Sow was also one to carry the dead "home", coming for them at the time of death, sort of like... Death... it makes me wonder about the "boar" crest on ancient Celtic helmets, and whether that was really a BOAR or whether it might have been a sow instead.

And those coyotes? Oh the stories I have!
They're incredible animals aren't they! Living for a time in New Hampshire I got my eyes opened a time or two by 'wolves' that were not supposed to be their' also. I think people have a lot more to learn about wolves than they think. I'll have to share some memories of that sometime.

I'm not a stranger to wolves. I have two Timbershepherds at home, half German Shepherd, half wolf. They're a breed apart. I can't ever get rid of them, as they've already bonded with me as pups, and will never bond with anyone else, as wolves do. Here's a picture of the male, when he was just under a year or so old:

He's about 145 pounds now, and his daddy was a 160 pound timber wolf. Anyhow, I'm familiar with wolves, and the one I saw I was sure was a wolf. It was BIG. I mistook it for a deer at first in the dark, until I got lights on it. it was big, and gray instead of brindle like most of the coyotes around here are, and I watched it for 7 or 8 minutes. In a few days time, I convinced myself that it was a coyote instead, since there "aren't any wolves" around here, but there are coyotes.

About 4 years ago or so, a farmer killed a big gray wolf in his livestock around 20 miles from here near where i was living at the time, which was identified as such by a wildlife expert. they checked all the keepers of wolves within 300 miles or so, and couldn't find any escapees, so no one ever figured out where it came from. have to have a wildlife license to keep them. The native wolves to this state are Red Wolves, and they've started a replenishment program, but they raise them out on the coast, and release them up in the mountains, and this one was gray, not red. Who knows?

My people call coyotes "medicine wolves".

Will be good to hear from you in the story again. I'm off to deal with an unruly Carpet at the moment and then - depending on if you post anything about Erie or not - seems like it's about time for him to show up.

It won't be tonight - I'm a bit too beat to be creative. Maybe tomorrow.

How's the gang back in the Tower doing?

Murderously, I imagine!

Good Sunday to you. (Oh, it's the Magic Flute from H.R PuffnStuff) lol.

And to you!

I KNEW I'd seen that flute before! longer ago than I thought, though. I used to have to fight one of my sisters on Saturday mornings over whether we were gonna watch her show (Puffenstuff) or mine, which was some cave man show called "Korg". Since I'd seen the flute before, you can be sure she won the fight every now and then!

edit on 2011/11/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Oops!

BIAD'S got a post for this thread in the story thread. Must have nailed the wrong browser tab or something. I've done it. Masqua can replace it with the story text when you get it wrote up, or he can slap a picture in that slot or something.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

What does the Core of The Ydryl look like?
I'm just about to set-up a story in regards of Muckles and Silo
healing the Ship's ailments.

Can you help -as you feed your bugs?!

The Core of the Yydryl? Do you mean the Center? It’s a big earth. Anything you want in earth is there. Even snow (now).

The ‘core’ of Carpet is something else. He pulled his ‘core’ from the Yydryl when he was tricked to go look for Silo. He keeps his ‘core’ too long in one thing and he becomes’ it - why he had to get out of Adam. No one - I don’t think even Carpet - knows what his core looks like.

Soooo, not quite sure what you mean... But I've no idea where the Yydryl's heart and guts and etc would be. She's got some mechanically controllable parts - like her air pressure, water pressure, etc - but actually where to go to 'heal' her? I've NO idea. I've been wondering at that myself. And since the Center can be 'detached' from the Yydryl in case of an attack - it wouldn't be in the (earth) Center either I wouldn't think??????????????

You betch’a that last sentences a yours takes on a new meaning after looking into Neno’s "Sheila na Gig". Very scary that. (But I can see 'gig' becoming another appropriate profanity in the Opera quite soon.)

Thanks for letting me know you're 'doin' up' the Silo and Muckles 'healing' - I'll go deal with Chumley.

Maybe he'll go look for Deson and find Ernie! YESH dats it!

edit on 6-11-2011 by silo13 because: bugga bugga

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Ooops indeed!
Due to BIAD's long nails, I had a mouse attached to my laptop... it went bye-byes this
morning and struggled with the normal Lap-functions.

Cleared the reply from the story and hope to refrain from doin it again.
BIAD's claws may be in for a clipping!

EDIT: Put the cat-among-the-pigeons now!!
edit on 6-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

My Jenovah! Even when you make a wee - what was the word Neno used? A little 'oops' it turns to gold!
Ahhh BIAD your mother was Shakespeare, your father Midas! Or visa visa...

So, THAT I'll leave up to you - cause it's too much fun to read what you're posting and I don't want to 'know' the ending my writing any of it (concerning CM) myself!

Great one!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

My Jenovah! Even when you make a wee - what was the word Neno used? A little 'oops' it turns to gold!
Ahhh BIAD your mother was Shakespeare, your father Midas! Or visa visa...

So, THAT I'll leave up to you - cause it's too much fun to read what you're posting and I don't want to 'know' the ending my writing any of it (concerning CM) myself!

Great one!

*BIAD bows deeply and notices a small smudge on his shoe, anyone stood behind
him (namely me!) notices far more*

So... CindyMarrs owes us an explanation for twisting time-lines... what schemes has she
been brooding over -late at night?
What plans has she tittered over as the candle flame flickers during the Witching Hour?
Take my hand... no, my hand... and let us voyage into the unknown.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Oh... My... Jenovah! I found this in the Wardrobe Dept -just before I went
on-set for the TV Pilot Episode of ' The Voyages Of The Penelope And The Yydryl'
and I don't know what to say?

My contract says I could look at an option to stay on in case of a movie, but this badge
tells me Wildtimes is gonna be the next 'Angelina' and I'll be out on my ear!
(if I have ears...)

I know I stood above Silo in good looks and with a little stealthy writing, I only ever
introduce 'ugly' characters to the Show...but now this?

What is a girl.. guy... girl... thing to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Nah, she's a newby, for cryin' in a bucket. You have nothing to worry about BIAD, no one could ever even consider tossing you out! Good jenovah what a sad and sorry day that would be. Everyone else would just wither away and die of grief....

Calmate....tranquilo.....
And prolly that badge was planted by some wanna-be in a desperate attempt to be included, and knew the closest they would come was to let it fall from their housekeeping cart in the men's....uh, lady's....uh -- the WC.

Anyway, that blinding yellow is so NOT going to match the wardrobe and set-designers' established "tone." It's a spaceship, not a plastic lemon.

edit on 6-11-2011 by wildtimes because: add in facial expressions to clarify TONE

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I don't like the background.

I'm pouting.

See my red pursed lips...

Oh wait, that's BIAD.

By the by - I'm going to take Chumley off to the Center to find Deson - probably find some crazy walleyed man while I'm there.

First time Chumley's been featured solo without a supporting cast. This should be interesting.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Hi Wildtimes... I've calmed Boy In A Dress down and he's now
running about side chasing Autumn leaves... he's a simple-soul really.
Well, simple anyway.

The brightness of the colours may be too gaudy -as you say, and I related
that also to the eyeless freak.
In regards of the story... will Dag and Adam be travelling back to Carbiox?

(Oh heck, BIAD's just come in with a hedgehog in his mouth... back in a mo...)

new topics

<< 260  261  262    264  265  266 >>

join