It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 261
<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by nenothtu

Oh Neno! Watch out, lol. I just saw a video (old one) of a girl who was living in the crawl space of a house. She's creep down at night and eat, etc. The couple finally put up a sensor detection camera. SCARY!

Beyond that I've seen ghosts. Their shadows. Maybe someday I'll tell the rest of the story. Halloween is fitting but...

Yeah, this place is bespooked, always has been, ever since I've lived here. It's not a big problem. Nearly everywhere I've ever lived has been bespooked one way or another, so I'm used to it. If they leave me alone, I leave them alone. I live in the attic, in a room that my son used to occupy, because it runs the entire length of the house from front to back, so it commands the surroundings. There are two crawl spaces up there with little bitty doors in the walls which some people swear is where the ghosts stay, but I've got my doubts about that. These wolf dogs I have have been howling at random and for no good reason for a couple of weeks now, and I find that curious. They started around the time I saw a wolf at work, of which there are not supposed to be any around here. I watched it for 7 or 8 minutes, and convinced myself a few days later that it was only a really big coyote, since there ain't no wolves around here. Saturday, another guy broke down and told me HE'D seen a wolf there, too, so now I'm wondering.

Anyhow, I think the stacked bottles trick has a much more human agency, and is just an attempt to spook me. They ought to know by now that I don't spook so easily. I mean, hell, I LIVE in the Ghost Room, and tell them to just stay on their own damn side and we'll all get along just fine.

Now back to the problem at hand. What about Squatch being in all these places he shouldn't be...?

I'm not seeing the problem, really. Squatch has only been in places the crew has been, and has followed them around. If THEY have been there, why can HE not have been?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

"Listen to me little-man... I AM the darkness"

I'm thinking there's a book title in that line, along the lines of "I AM Legend"!

I'm wondering why we strapped Caspak in instead of letting Tibbs just have his way with him - there must be more coming from Caspak!

BIAD, your new avatar looks decidedly "Elvira-ish", but in a red dress. It must be an homage to the season!

edit on 2011/11/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

... BIAD, your new avatar looks decidedly "Elvira-ish", but in a red dress.
It must be an homage to the season!

It is!

These Halloween nights unerve BIAD... you know when fireworks paint the
sky on Guy Fawkes Night in the UK and the dogs whine and try to get under
the couch...?
Well, Boy In A Dress is a little like that!
Or... so I thought until last night.

Then the phone rang and I picked it up as I watched BIAD pace back-and-forward
at the window in those famous high-heels.
(click this for atmospheric music)
BIAD is watching me...

The voice was from a male and he asked if BIAD was available to come to the
phone. Putting down my lap-top, I walked over to where the nail-biting eyeless
hermaphrodite was stood in the shadows and handed him the receiver.

The voice was low and and I imagined a big guy... someone sat in low-lighting
and letting the ilumination only show parts of cruel features, a hard mouth and
brooding eyes.

Anyway, the Man/girl's face became drawn and those always-red lips became
a thin line as he listened to what the stranger told him.
The room became definitely colder as I looked up from my writings and peered at BIAD.

"No... I won't do that" he said to the unknown caller and glanced at me.
"I never agreed to that..." he whispered earnestly into the phone and turned away, revealing
a bare shoulder and red dress strap.

I looked on with a rising sense of fear as outside, children ran along the road with their stunted
broomsticks and their pointed hats, the Tooth Fairy would be rubbing her hands in glee
in the wee-small hours -I thought and wondered what clandestine words were at the other
end of that phone.

Then the red-nailed hand alighted on my shoulder and my genitals headed North with
suitcases a-clanking and I gulped to stop myself screaming.
"Wrong number" a hot-breathed BIAD whispered into my ear and stepping around to
stand infront of me, he looked down.

"I'm just going out for a little while..." he said and turned his fringe-covered face to the
darkness outside the window. "... I may be sometime" he finished and I felt that something
out there waited for BIAD... something that ran in the night alone.

As the black-wigged being that came to stay -so many years ago, stepped out into the
piss-orange lit street, more children ran past with hollow goards and glowing masks towards
teeth-jarring dreams of ogres and Goblins, BIAD turned to me and said
"You know... we all pay the man -sometime" and showed a grave-cold smile, it told me
of dark deeds and cruel thoughts and I shivered in my soul.

I nodded and closed the door as he stepped off into the dark.
Whoever... or whatever called on that Man/Girl last night may have met up with BIAD
and I'll dare wager that the 'thing' on the other end of the phone didn't run alone in
the darkness on that All Hallows Eve
edit on 1-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: Left Blankie in Edit Room!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't know what this Rage and Apophis is, I ran across it on YT.

A few years ago before the Space Opera I wouldn't even have looked at it. Not because I'm close minded - just I had no...connection.

Sure, there's tons I still don't 'get' about all the dimensional stuff and time lines and the Big Rip etc but the whole sci-fi thing has really grown on me...

So, when I heard this...all I could think of was Neno standing there watching Earth...die...

Very moving...

I hope we figure out a way Earth will not die... Even if it means giving me a huge headache trying to figure out the whole Big Rip did or did not take place, what we know or don't know, who we know or don't know, how the hell a cat can make it all look so easy just to come and go as he wants regardless... That hairball a CindyMars has it sooo easy.

Edit to Add And a BIG thank you to BIAD for reminding me of the 'pee pee dance'! You know when a little girl has to tinkle so bad it hurts so she grabs herself and dances from one foot to the other? Wellll that was me reading your post and listening to the tune that went along with it. That story definitely put the 'pEE' in my HallowpEEn...

edit on 2-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That was a sad clip... the day we say goodbye to our home.

I see Nenothtu looking out of Bay XII's Cargo window and without
any emotion revealed on his face, his eyes watch the end.

Then, with the same stony look, he turns to face the sun and the
other planets... and somewhere -far off in another galaxy, an evil
Despot gulps and thinks 'he'll be coming now... he'll be here soon'

Edit: Hallow'peen' -indeed!
Those pils aren't working... are they?!

edit on 3-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm thinking of going ahead and posting a short one on CindyMars and Squatch. They're going to go see her parents who she'd not seen in a long while. I don't feel it's time to flesh out the 'evil' CindyMars yet and since she's not a zombie let's send her on her way - Please let me know what you two...I mean THREE think!!!

In the mean time...

BIAD has been around a while huh!

edit on 3-11-2011 by silo13 because: changed very bad spelling... no ho's here... WHO's yes...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What about the zombies and Ernie? Now that we're back on the ship, could CyndyMars be roused?? Isn't she passed out in the bar?

Anyhow, I posted my first entry. Been reading for hours on end to get current....and tired as I am, I gave it a go. My writing and my imagination are FAR better in the wee hours of the morning. I woke up this morning thinking "Okay, now I know Adam and Dag a bit better...maybe today I'll be ready to contribute."

That was my goal (certainly better than cleaning out the refrigerator, which was my other goal)...

let me know what ya think, Team!
Oh, and Silo, you can have Carpet back. I've released him..
hehe.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

OMG - Absofreakin'tootley Awesome! Great post! It's like you've been here all along! Wow! I'm impressed.

Like I said before in the story line - 'WELCOME HOME DAG'...

I'll have something to add tomorrow. I can't tell you how good it is to have Carpet back! And Adam! His eyes going white just gave me goosebumps! But he's home and he'll heal... I hope!

Oh, and, well, don't be surprised when you take him into the Recovery Bay one of the healing-pods/healing-beds has a dead little hairy creature in it (you never met so that works out all good) and blood all over it. Grisly that! You can see a pic of 'Deez' in the photo link. He's the little gray scary hairy thing.

ANYWAY - I can't wait to 'talk' to you in the storyline.

Cool stuff.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks...
and yeah, I met Deez. Ew. Little bugger....I know he had carpet jettisoned in the form of a blanket... I started so far back that I've met everybody now who's involved -- except CyndyMars. I've read the backstories and time-traveling stuff. I think BIAD and his bro death are freaking hilarious (though rather unnerving) -- and have gathered the mom/son Neo stuff.....

So, while I haven't been here all along, I did go back to over a year's worth of posts. I read everything (with a few exceptions of not-Dag-and-Adam posts that I just skimmed) from your first Dag and Adam post forward...

he he!!
Glad you like it!
Are you taking Adam over? Or are you okay with my taking him from here??

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Heh there... great post!
As Silo says... it seems as if you've been writing here all along.

Just keep those Anti-Crazy pills handy!

By the way, the character in the story... and usually the character
I light-heartedly on these threads is a strange dude, sadly -I ain't!

Coming up on 51 years, married with a son and no red dress in sight...
(awww -the audience brays!)... but I suppose BIAD must be in here
somewhere.
Got to go to work, now... where are my high-heels!

edit on 3-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Not strange, you say??
okay. me neither.

As for your status, well, I'll be 53 in....um...2 weeks. Married, two grown kids. I had a distinct impression I was not dealing with youngsters here....just too much real-life wisdom and deep thinking for that to be the case.

Very nice to meet you, and thanks for the positive response!
And, yeah, he's in there somewhere.
I think maybe under your fingernails (red or not.)
And by the bye, high heels suck!!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Got to go to work, now... where are my high-heels!

They're in the closet floor, stood directly beneath that not-red-dress you claimed not to have in this self-same post... tsk, tsk!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

'Perky' indeed!
Silo was grateful enough to remind me that Ship couldn't talk due to her
sickness, nevermind be perky as she spoke to Carpet.

To Nenothtu:

I DO NOT have red dress above some red high-heels in a closet!!!

(cough and mumble) the items reside near my red purse in the wardrobe.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by silo13

Um, but, as I understand, one of them is missing a heel!!! (snicker) Up the eye-hole-brain-cavity of a Dragon...

Aww, CRAP?
Where in the HELL are those Anti-Crazy pills??

BIAD, c'mon now, be a sport....*smiles in sailor suit*
edit on 4-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Been playing a but...

In my opinion it's 'too much'...

But, still at it..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

To Nenothtu:

Sorry. The ones in the closet must've been mine then.

If I drank less, I could remember important things like that!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Aww, CRAP?
Where in the HELL are those Anti-Crazy pills??

The anti-crazy pills won't help you here... You're in The Zone now!

They don't make pills strong enough for The Zone!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Drat!

I was hoping when all the hag got washed off Muckles she'd be a redhead!

maybe neno won't feel so bad about it if he winds up having to drop her like a pole-axed steer.

Then again, having to drop what has turned out so far to be close to 2/3 of the Morrigan may not sit so well with him after all.

That won't keep him from doing it, though, goddess of battle or no!

That glass thingy better be a treat, or neno might wind up breaking Tibbs' heart.

edit on 2011/11/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

... maybe neno won't feel so bad about it if he winds up having
to drop her like a pole-axed steer...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

... I was hoping when all the hag got washed off Muckles she'd be a redhead!

Your wish is my command!

new topics

top topics

<< 258  259  260    262  263  264 >>

join