It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 260
<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dag and Adam meet.
My post, first one on the page. (Oh memory lane)!

Scroll down to the purple label (how fitting huh!) ‘NPC ADAM AND DAG’ for the next installment between the two.

It’s back when Adam still thought Dag was a boy, and, explains some of Adam’s eye tricks.
This is also where we thought Dag died. I hadn’t thought to keep her but she just wouldn’t give up!

Next = www.abovetopsecret.com... Again look for the label. I gave it up when I started naming my posts but for now it’s in there.

Near the bottom of this page = www.abovetopsecret.com...

Half way this page = www.abovetopsecret.com... After this I drop the NPC Adam & Dag label. (I could never remember those things)!

There’s more between A and D on this page. This is where it starts to ‘heat up’ between them.

Adam, caught in the boys stare took a look at the youth carefully for the first time. Short ragged ash blond hair. Huge eyes that turned from blue to violet and back to blue again the iris outlined in lavender. Lashes impossibly long and sooty. Cheeks clear and soft as the petals from an exotic flower.

‘Sir?’ Dag cocked his head slightly to the side his long lashes sweeping his high flushed cheeks in a long blink.

‘OUCH!’ Adam burnt his finger on the pot lid and swore gently. ‘It’s nothing lad.. Why don’t you hunt around through the storage area there and find us a pot for the noodles. This stuff is almost done.’ Adam rocked his chin and tried to swallow around something that felt like one of the cats hair balls.

Dag did as he was told and pulling up his pristine LAB coat dropped to his knees allowing Adam a tantalizing view of the youths long legs and softly rounded thighs. With his back to the Doctor Dag burrowed into the lower cabinet leaving his small bottom stuck up in the air jerking this way and that as he rummaged the cupboard. Adam tried to swallow again his mouth and tongue gone dry.

‘What the hell’s wrong with me!’ Adam nearly slapped his own face with the wooden spoon. ‘Acting like a...’ He chastised silently disgusted with himself. Adam knew of men who liked boys. He wasn’t one of them. “Never will be’ He grumbled aloud but couldn’t take his eyes off the boys hind end. It was absolutely beaut...

Groaning loudly Adam turned back to the pasta wondering once more if Bransom had hit him in the head harder than he’d thought. When a small white hand closed over his bandaged forearm and Adam covered it with his own he knew she had.

Later on down in the posts:

What in the Creator was Adam to do? Dag knew far too much about the Yydryl, a Bio-Ship few even knew existed. Dag had a history with Chumley, and the ‘experiment’ Silo13. And rules! Who knew how many the lad had ignored! LAB had strict gender regulations. Gender and species mixing on any basis was strictly prohibited, but his Dag had spent not just a little but by the sounds of it a lot of alone time with Silo, on LAB and off. Toss another rule out the portal. No LAB ‘Rat’ and especially no LAB experiment was to ever leave LAB without supervision. Ever. The punishment? Immediate extermination.

later

Adam sighed and turned back to the basin, splashed water on his face and this time didn't avoid his own gaze in the mirror. Turning this way and that Adam looked for signs of change, but found none. The face looking back was a little more haggard than usual but was still the face he’d woken up with every day of his life and on some level that surprised him. How could he be the same on the outside when inside he was a boiling mass of uncertainty.

Dag. For a moment he let himself remember. Remember Dag’s small white hand under his, the bones so fragile, the skin so warm and at home nestled in the crater of his palm Adam’s fingers closed around the youths in a unspoken promise of protection and safety. Eyes gone lipid, Dag’s gaze had fluttered across his own then fell to Adam’s lips, the youths pink kitten tongue darting out to wet his own plumped lips he left open in invitation...

Then, just as quick as the realization had struck them both with force, Dag was gone. He'd wrenched his hand from Adam's grip, ducked his chin in that habit of his dropping a sheath of white blond over his eyes so Adam couldn’t read his emotions and turned away. Inconceivably Adam had been hurt, the rejection had stung. Not knowing what to do, or what to say Adam had reached out to the youth but in the end the boy fled the kitchen and, Adam admitted, himself.

Next = www.abovetopsecret.com... Almost all my posts on this page...

But I think you get the hint by now, lol, I don’t have to keep posting more!

WELCOME AGAIN!
edit on 30-10-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Don't fret about it and enjoy the journey!
I tend to drop in the occasional reference to the work being fiction
and BIAD usually does something that brings us back to realise that
it's all tongue-in-cheek.

The main thing is to enjoy the yarn and wear what you like...
(STOP THAT BIAD....NOW!)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hey team,

I'm noticing both BIAD and nenothtu are writing Neno's character. Almost like the scene location is more the territory than the characters themselves, in terms of authoring.

Correct? Incorrect? Just wondering how much I might wind up putting words in other people's mouths, like Adam's or whomever Dag meets on the ship in recovery bay...
Do I just run with Carpet's essence/existence, too?

ETA:
Well, you all answered my Qs before I refreshed the page....thanks!!

I'm caught up to the latest entry on the Opera thread, so I'll go back and look at the Adam/Dag prestory, too...
Thanks!!
Is it just the 4 of us, then?

edit on 30-10-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

... Is it just the 4 of us, then?

It seems to be.

Nenothtu occasionally drops in and delivers a killer-speech, I tend to set-up
the scenes and he knock's 'em down!
Oh... just a word of caution... if Silo offers to show you her melon-carving...
Run.... just run.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Correct? Incorrect? Just wondering how much I might wind up putting words in other people's mouths, like Adam's or whomever Dag meets on the ship in recovery bay...
Do I just run with Carpet's essence/existence, too?

I answered this a bit back for you. It's taken us all a long time to 'write' for the other person without tearing each others throats out. It's dangerous territory - At least at the beginning.
If you're up for Dag - it seems you'll need to take Adam along with you and roll with it.

Carpet?

I don't know what to say. (I'm feeling weak.)

Write for Carpet. (*groan*) I wonder if this is - in a very strange and twisted way - the emotions a parent feels turning over their child at the alter?

CARPET'S MY BABY!

But... If you're writing for Adam and Dag? You're going to have to let Carpet out of Adam at some point...

(Anyone have a paper bag? I'm hyperventilating.)

Have fun with Carpet... Just know he's only on loan until you get him out of Adam.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Anyone can read it but only we're 'allowed' to write in it. Us and CindyMars who's kinda here and kinda not but not gone.

Are you going to post directly into the storyline or pass it here first?

Either way - HAVE FUN!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Let's see if I can figure it out...

hey! Cool, so, I just copied and pasted from the one you did,
but, don't I need to store it in my media or something?

No, you shouldn't need to resave it anywhere. With the new ATS Media Portal, it's where it is for keeps. All you should have to do is copy and paste that tag at the top of each post, and it should always show up.

edit on 2011/10/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

ErnieBen knows two characters who aren't aware he's the same guy, right?

No one knows that yet other than ErnieBen himself. He's "Ernie" from Cindymars' Oregon(?) cabin, and "Old Ben" from neno's youth, but no one knows they are the same yet...

Silo - did Ernie have a run in with the cast and crew in the cabin about the time Silo was giving birth? I can't recall, but if he did then the idea of the two being the same won't fly - neno would have recognized him then.

Is there a "Personae Dramatis" anywhere that's current?
What page should I begin on the get up to speed here

Here is some background on nenothtu. That thread also has some material pertaining to the universe of the story and a few other characters from the Penelope. I dropped some star maps of the real galaxy in to the "Galactographic Reference Encyclopedia" entry to give an idea of the spatial orientation.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Space Opera in Pictures!

These pics are not in any order - but pulled from my ‘OLD‘ photos on ATS. I don’t know how to ‘send’ you to my media center in the old pics section so I’ll just have to re post.

Yydryl cabin gallery

link

Ships Center gallery

link

Deson Fighters gallery

link

Ophi Buzzard gallery

link

Test Pictures Gallery

link

There are a couple of stragglers like the picture of Chumley in the Sculptris gallery, but I think this is most of the Space Opera pics.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank you Neno... Is there any way to hook into just photos from the Space Opera?
I wasn't so keen on putting them all up.
Maybe I can change settings?
Naw, doesn't matter.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Silo - did Ernie have a run in with the cast and crew in the cabin about the time Silo was giving birth? I can't recall, but if he did then the idea of the two being the same won't fly - neno would have recognized him then.

Nope - he came in after - kind'a just snuck up on me.

Here's where he met CindyMars for the first time (in the story that is):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was a couple of other posts about him but they didn't involve anyone but him and the locals.

Problem is Ernie/Ben did meet up with the cat 'Squatch'.

Squatch has been in and out of Cindymar's cabin repeatedly. When we were 'all' there. Then to Ship. Then back to the cabin. Now Squatch is on the Yydryl.

I feel a headache coming on. I think what you're going to tell me is that's not possible? For 'S' to have been there at all those times???

And I was just going to use Squatch to take care of the Cindymar's dilemma.

What say you?

edit on 31-10-2011 by silo13 because: ugh

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I'm noticing both BIAD and nenothtu are writing Neno's character. Almost like the scene location is more the territory than the characters themselves, in terms of authoring.

BIAD and Silo seem to have gotten neno's character, mannerisms, and dialog down pat, so whatever rolls, rolls. He's really a pretty simple man with only the occasional surprise.

That's it for now. Sometimes people drop in for a story post or two, and sometimes they just mysteriously drop right back out, but for now, it's just us chickens.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Obee kaybee!!
Cool.
Thanks for the link to the visuals, that helped me enormously. I may be a writer first, but I'm a VERY visual thinker.
words and pics, please, words and pics.

Okay, so then, just us...
WHERE would you all like me to post my first entries?

I'm still reading the backstory that silo provided at this point...don't want to miss anything before I jump in; but I'm very excited to have a new "project" to occupy my mind! I finished writing a historical novel based on what I know of my own genealogy about 6 months ago, and have been fiddling with ideas for the next...

This will be fun!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Oh... just a word of caution... if Silo offers to show you her melon-carving...
Run.... just run.

I thought that was why I keep this camera next to the desk...

Strange things afoot here at my little cave. Do you suppose there's really anything to this "poltergeist" nonsense? The story I get is that voices (1 male, 1 female) were heard whispering in my bat cave whilst I was at work overnight night before last, and I know for sure that when I got home some bottles and tubes and stuff were stacked up in an odd arrangement in the bathroom floor. Whether spook or human, it seems mighty odd behavior to me. I took a couple of pictures of the stacks for posterity, but it's... well, you know... just pictures of stacked bottles. Pretty dog gone boring, as photos go, and not much proof of anything other than shampoo bottles can be stacked.

I got coyotes howling at me all night at work, then these blasted wolf dogs take over howling at me when I get home.

Ah well. Who or whatever it is, it seems to have an artistic bent, judging by the way the stuff was stacked up. If it turns out to be some sort random wierdo ghostie or ghoulie, I'll draft IT to write, too!

Could be worse - it could be zombies!

'Tis the season, I reckon.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Thank you Neno... Is there any way to hook into just photos from the Space Opera?
I wasn't so keen on putting them all up.
Maybe I can change settings?
Naw, doesn't matter.
Thanks

Sorry - I was in transit back home. I can tinker with the link - gimme a few minutes.

ETA: fixed.

This thread really took off, and I'm still trying to catch up. Is there such a thing as "writer's lag"?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I feel a headache coming on. I think what you're going to tell me is that's not possible? For 'S' to have been there at all those times???

And I was just going to use Squatch to take care of the Cindymar's dilemma.

What say you?

edit on 31-10-2011 by silo13 because: ugh

Squatch can be anywhere Squatch wants to be. Squatch is a cat, and you KNOW how they are.

They don't say "this is like trying to herd cats" for nothing!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Very cool, so now I have a visual of the Appalachians (yep, been there), and can link to Cape Canaveral/Kennedy (yep, been there too!).

Thanks so much!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Oh Neno! Watch out, lol. I just saw a video (old one) of a girl who was living in the crawl space of a house. She's creep down at night and eat, etc. The couple finally put up a sensor detection camera. SCARY!

Beyond that I've seen ghosts. Their shadows. Maybe someday I'll tell the rest of the story. Halloween is fitting but...

Now back to the problem at hand. What about Squatch being in all these places he shouldn't be...?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Post post away! Wherever you want - I only offered to use the 'working thread' to take some pressure off you.
Would love to read that book of yours by the way. I can't get books in English here.

But really - it's up to you. You want your post vetted? Post it here. You want it right in the story line - go for it.
I say be bold and go for the story line! lol We've all been through re-writes - so don't worry!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Very cool, so now I have a visual of the Appalachians (yep, been there),

I grew up there - that's probably what's wrong with my head!

"Vandalia" was actually a state attempted in the middle Appalachians many moons ago. It would have taken in parts of Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Southwestern Pennsylvania. It was a serious attempt a couple hundred years ago, and that's where I really got the name.

Another attempted state, "Franklin", was tried in upper east Tennessee, and would have taken parts of Tennessee, Virginia, Kentucky, and North Carolina.

Richard Henderson had an idea of creating an entirely different nation out of parts of Kentucky that he illegally bought from the Cherokees, who didn't really own it to begin with.

Our maps could have looked a lot different than they do today if some of these surreptitious attempts had caught fire.

Thanks so much!!

You're welcome!

new topics

top topics

<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join