It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 259
<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I made a quick tag for your thread.

If you don't like the color or text style let me know and I'll change it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Nah, it's fine...
But, um,
how do I use it??

I have WAY more skill at spinning a yarn than embedding things online...

And neno, thank you!!
Thank you both for the warm reception!!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I made a quick tag for your thread.

If you don't like the color or text style let me know and I'll change it.

Let's see if I can figure it out...

hey! Cool, so, I just copied and pasted from the one you did,
but, don't I need to store it in my media or something?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
No I don't think you need it in your media. Just post it on the top of your post when you are ready to post in the OPERA - you don't have to use it in the working thread of course. And really, to change the color or text is no problem at all - What's your favorite color? What' the script you like?

And like the others were saying there really isn't much described about the YYdryl 'Main' (meaning the part that isn't the 'Center').

Give me a few minutes and let me see what I can put together for you!

BB in a few!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Actually, the color of your avatar's hair is one of my faves...
I like opalescent colors -- like they put on the hoopdies in these parts - purple, green, blue, depending on the light it changes.
Heh.
Blues and greens and lavendars seem to always attract me. And silver.

I'm picturing Dag as very pale. Need to go back and read some of story, but I'm starting to get an idea what's going on here.

ErnieBen knows two characters who aren't aware he's the same guy, right?
the Sprint is a transport?
Earth was destroyed? Or is it in Yydryl's center?

Is there a "Personae Dramatis" anywhere that's current?
What page should I begin on the get up to speed here

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Welcome Wildtimes...to the Show that never ends!

Boy In A Dress here... and pardon the view, I will cursty!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Space Opera in Pictures!

These pics are not in any order - but pulled from my ‘OLD‘ photos on ATS. I don’t know how to ‘send’ you to my media center in the old pics section so I’ll just have to re post. Sorry Bandwidth!

Here’s ‘home’...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5ce1b3b99f3.jpg[/atsimg]
You can’t see it in this pic but the middle of the Yydryl is hollow. At least it was until CindyMars and Silo went to earth and took some ‘samples’. Once back on Ship that huge open space in the ‘Center’ of the Yydryl became another ‘earth’. A replica. You can’t see anything from the outside - Ship still looks like her middle is empty, but, we know better.

Here’s what it looked like ’before’ the ‘growth’ started.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86d28c9101b3.jpg[/atsimg]
The ‘center’ in the making.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here’s part of the ‘Center’ now (with Silo morphed into the grass).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/063abf4cdad0.jpg[/atsimg]

Chumley and the ‘deck’

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e531e9bd007.jpg[/atsimg]

Chumley is huge. He’s a Regalian. And green as you can see. He’s not that smart, but, he’s no dummy either. He’s everyone's friend. He loves anything to do with weapons and flying. At the moment he’s acting Captain of Security on the Yydryl since Whisper (another character) disappeared.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7965c6db8f07.jpg[/atsimg]

The halls with ‘Carpet’

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc29945ef0f4.jpg[/atsimg]

Carpet is a main character in the Opera. He‘s a ‘Milli-Being’ - who looks remarkably like his namesake - a floor to floor rug, lol. He ‘moves’ through Ship, through the strands of natural fibers where he can. He’s probably Silo and Chumley’s best friend - long history there. You can ‘see’ when Carpet’s around and under your feet and when not. He communicates in a way all can hear him but I don’t think it’s ever been explained quite how he talks. He’s trillions of little beings all made up into one, with one mind, one conscious.

At the moment Carpet is INSIDE of Adam. Adam died during a dragon fight. We all felt so bad for poor Dag loosing her love BIAD resurrected him in a way. Carpet interfused his ‘core’ into Adam for two reasons. One to try and repair Adam and two - Carpet was almost killed in a filthy plot by being shot out into space. Some of his fibers were saved. Those fibers needed a body to grow and woop woop there was poor dead Adam. Funny how that worked out *wink*. Problem now? Carpet needs OUT of Adam soooon or he’ll not be able to leave Adam’s bod, and Adam needs the Recovery Bay on Ship ASAP. It will not be hard to get Carpet out of Adam - he just needs a few minutes in contact with the floor of the YYdryl.

The ‘Green Man’ - a talisman given to Silo by the Yydryl when Silo became Attendant to Ship (ATS Silo - hehehe). The “Green Man’ has many qualities and abilities so far unexplained. It can navigate, help others contact Ship, etc.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de1576dfd945.jpg[/atsimg]

Little more to go but this is a start.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I'm picturing Dag as very pale. Need to go back and read some of story, but I'm starting to get an idea what's going on here.

Yes she is. She's been described as very womanly but a tomboy type at the same time. She was asexual until she fell in love and since she's, well, ripened. Lots of silver-white hair that used to fall over her face until she chipped off the front when Adam died.

ErnieBen knows two characters who aren't aware he's the same guy, right?

Ernie is his name in the story line at the moment but yes, he knew Neno when he went by the name of Ben. There's no 'back story' to Ernie in the Opera at the moment. I believe Neno's working on 'Ben's' past so we refer to Ernie by what we know. He was a rather eccentric handyman on earth who just got transported to the Yydryl before he was caught by the police.

the Sprint is a transport?

Yes, taking Chumley, Sslar (Neno's huge fanged Xxang cat), Dag, Adam/Carpet, Muckles and Silo back home to 'fix' the Yydryl, fix and separate Adam and Carpet...and get back to Neno and BIAD asap.

Earth was destroyed? Or is it in Yydryl's center?

You'll have to talk to Neno and BIAD about thsi part I just don't get the 'time line' and 'dimensional' parts.
YES earth was destroyed and yes the Center of Ship is a 'little earth' (though quite huge).
On the other hand I guess Earth never was destroyed, but, the Center is still there. *Cringes*.

To answer where you should jump in that's up to you. Your post looked great. Like I said before Dag's eyes have never been described that way - but that shouldn't stop you from making her what you wish.

CindyMars is the other character who's in a 'sleep' right now on Ship in the bar. She's one of the Opera's older main characters. Her creator isn't actively writing at this point but between us all we're keeping her character alive. I don't know yet if she's going to leave before anyone finds her or not. You'll probably not run into her at all. She's important to the story line we've just not had a chance to talk to her creator to find out what she wants done with her character. So yeah, she'll probably split.

So! I hope that helps!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
How very odd that in my mind that passageway is EXACTLY what I saw!!
And I had no idea of the hell mines or Carpet or any of that, it just seemed to come out of my ....

No, Seriously!!

Hey BIAD, and don't worry, I've known guys like you before. My favorite was Carlos -- he sold me (at thrift store prices) his little slinky sundresses and evening wear gowns when he got tired of them.

SERIOUSLY!!!

Okay, so I've read through the last 5 pages of this here Werkin'Thred, and with the visuals I'm a bit more at ease.

*scratching head* Kinda blows my mind, because I swear I had NO idea at all where you all were in this saga...Silo asked me if I wanted to be Dag, and said she loves Adam and he's hurt. That's all I knew....

S E R I O U S L Y ! ! !

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Also - we've heard about three floors on the Yydryl.
Lowest - storage, armory.
Middle - crew quarters, the bar.
Upper - Command Center.

I had earlier said the flight bay and armory etc was on the lowest floor - but I believe it's all three - the flight bay is like a cathedral ceiling of all three.

The "Center' can be accessed through the back of Silo's quarters, back of the flight bay and the armory, and a pair of HUGE doors under the command center.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

*scratching head* Kinda blows my mind, because I swear I had NO idea at all where you all were in this saga...Silo asked me if I wanted to be Dag, and said she loves Adam and he's hurt. That's all I knew....

OH OH OH!!! Before I forget. If you don't want to 'be' Dag - figure something out that will fit into the story line you like better. I suggested Dag because she's 'open' and when I read in another thread you were a writer I thought you might enjoy her.

Please DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED to be Dag! (She is lovely though)...

Yep, she loves Adam, he's dead-warmed-over and that Milli-Being I was telling you about, Carpet, needs a moment to get out of Adam and back into the floor of the Yydryl before you 'fix' Adam up in the Recovery Bay.

Adam is absolutely just...beyond words. He's a doctor. Special abilities with his eyes we're not completely sure what they are yet but they give people 'dreams' (heaven or hellish) and he can manipulate beings with them.

He talks in a brogue when he gets upset (every Opera needs a brogue) dark eyed and haired - great bod - (Of course). He and Neno and BIAD got on well, he got on well with everyone.

I've got a pic around here of Dag I was working on but I can't find it. I'll let you know.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

A quick summary of to-date's exploits.

Due to Nenothtu being dumped naked on a planet... I forget why now, the self-styled
soldier of fortune and ex-Security Officer of The Penelope made his way to find any
sign of civilistaion. (Their first interaction is in Page 39 -halfway down)
He came across BIAD during his travels on the planet and with the Man/Girl -in tow,
they found a compound that contained Tibbs.

Tibbs is a Vithian who can split into many versions of himself and his well known for
his travels through time and space.
A small guy, bearded and robed, he could be seen as the 'brains' of the outfit... the scientist
-if you will.

Nenothtu suffers with occasional visits from Margot... a love from his past that seems
benevolent at times and ridicules our tall GunMan at others.

Boy In A Dress was created many years ago in New Mexico, the Roswell crash -that
everyone knows about, is a sham... the 'birthing' of BIAD was the real reason for the
Military's concerns of that part of the States.
He has no eyes, his hair is called a 'permo-wig' and at times, has a life of it's own.
He always wears the dress... he has no concept that it is viewed as feminine, and I can
assure you, the hermaphrodite freak isn't either!!
He doesn't belong in this reality, that part of the yarn hasn't been touched-on yet.
Tibbs told him that sometime in the future, he will become the Devil and rule a planet with
an iron-hand. BIAD doubts this very much!

BIAD's brother is Death, the shrouded figure that requires a 'scout-like' being to do his
bidding.
Death wanted Neno for the task, and though Death knew the Vandalian Neno was destined
to save the Universe and ergo -existence, he saw the killing prowess in him and so set out
a plan in the infamous 'Gunfight At OK Corral' to have him.
Neno... and the wicked temper of his, beat poor Death up and made him put Neno back in the
game.

So when they learnt that a device known as the Splitter could be used to stop The Dark Lord
from causing the 'Big Rip' and create a rend to another dimension -to bring over the Ophi Buzzards,
The unlikely trio... (with Silo who morphed into a Barmaid!)... set off to stop the 'sqiud-headed' Lord
stopping their futures.

Silo left the Yydryl and came to the planet Carbiox as a Barmaid of The Killing Joke Tavern.
She had no knowledge that she was Silo, the tavern-girl existed -then Silo was in her place!
Nenothtu is Silo's son, although they both 'skirt' around the subject, Silo thinks she knows.
Nenothtu does know.

Silo went back to the Sprint, a shuttle-craft from the Yydryl that brought Adam, Dag and
Chumley to Carbiox. Mucklebones is a character that showed up and is a Gray alien-crossed
with a Witch!... a ugly thing that wears a dirty poncho and doesn't mind showing the lack of
attire beneath.
For some strange reason, Tibbs has taken a fancy to her!

Adam was killed by a Dragon in the Hell Mines (on their way to discover The Splitter)... and
Death put him to work as his ward, but somebody or thing as altered Death's plans and Adam
was brought back... poorly, but alive.
Carpet is a 'mili-being and I hope Silo can enlarge on this character. Carpet is stuck in Adam's
brain -due to to being dragged back from somewhere at the same time Adam was.

So Silo, Adam/Carpet, Dag, Chumley and Muckles have returned to The Yydryl, they have the
Splitter and the way the tale is turning, the Splitter MAY be a being of some-sort.
Neno, BIAD, Tibbs and a Bogel called Jepp (picked him and his mate up along the way!)... attempt
to free a race called the Culs who are being held by The Dark Lord and at the same time, make
sure the Big Rip can't be done.

Right... that's-that sorted!

edit on 30-10-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

A very rough sketch of Dag

Edit to Add:

I often don't see mistakes until I post the pics here - I don't know why - but - I can assure you WildTimes - Dag does not have a strange growth on her right color bone. We'll make sure she get's back to make up ASAP!!!

Another note? Those lips kill me. I don't know why I did her in B&W - leaving only those subtly bruised purple lips. Like I said to BIAD - makes you think doesn't it. Just one of your fave colors.

And I only just realized how very appropriate your avatar is for the Opera. I hope your stay is a long and enjoyable one!

*Dragging Dag back to the drawing board*
edit on 30-10-2011 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

A very rough sketch of Dag

edit on 30-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

Prrrrrrrrr!!!

In that oufit, I see BIAD and Silo becoming an item and then one night...
one cold dark night, Boy In A Dress does-a-runner with Silo's entire
wardrobe!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Edit to above post by BIAD:

Prrrrrrrrr!!!

In that oufit, I see BIAD and Dag becoming an item and then one night...
one cold dark night, Boy In A Dress does-a-runner with Dag's entire wardrobe!

BIAD'S not here (I see he's signed out) but I'm pretty sure he meant Dag.

Oh, and the only thing our lovely BIAD forgot? BIAD's nails, miraculously, are always long lacquered and red.

Well, maybe not always but Silo seems to see him so. *Wink*.

OH WAIT - and Sslar! Neno's Xxang cat that can use telepathy! Sslar is on the little transport rig headed back to the Yydryl too!

edit on 30-10-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Well Dag was originally at LAB as a Military auxiliary guard (where she helped Adam get away from Bransom's attack)...

No back story to Dag there on LAB other than she was made there also - and she used to slip out and watch Silo back in her mud-wrestling days way back when she was just a pup.

By all that mean Dag's little sailor like suit works.

Funny I stuck her all together in black and white way back when leaving her only color those plumb/lilac colored lips.

Hmmm... Makes ya think don't it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Dag... Silo... Tibbs, who cares? as long as the costume is used
-the eyeless freak called BIAD doesn't care!

Honestly, as the purveyor of Boy In A Dress' musings, he disgusts
me at times.
(Aw Gawd.... he's just walked into the room with a 'Gene-Kelly/Frank Sinatra
-The Fleet's In' Sailor suit!)
See...? there's something definitly wrong with him.

edit on 30-10-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OH OH OH!!! Before I forget. If you don't want to 'be' Dag - figure something out that will fit into the story line you like better. I suggested Dag because she's 'open' and when I read in another thread you were a writer I thought you might enjoy her.

Please DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED to be Dag! (She is lovely though)...

Nono!! I DO want to!! And the pic is how I pictured her, too, love the outfit!
Kinda uncanny, all this -- but I'm delighted to have "stumbled into your world!

So, there are lots of characters, and only 4 currently writing. Who is writing Adam? Or did his voice leave the realm when he died, and now he's inanimate?

I've read a few pages of the Opera now, and have a better grasp of what's going on. Fun!!

Don't you DARE try to take Dag from me, now, Silo! I know how to use that gun!!

hugs!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

LOL
You are intimidatingly funny, BIAD. Hope I can keep up. I'm usually a little restrained until I 'get' people...then once I cut loose, let the sarcasm begin!!
(Only one of many services I offer).
cheers!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Oh dear writer-ette it's not up to me to give or take, only suggest.
You want little Dag you got her. *sob sob* She couldn't be in better hands.

About who writes what for who, or whom or whatever...

We never cross over into writing for another character without being EXTREMELY careful. That can cause a lot a ugly to go on.

But interestingly enough the 3 present writers do it well. I NEVER thought I'd be able to stomach someone else writing a Silo part but I've thoroughly enjoyed it when BIAD of Neno has done so. We don't make a habit of it but it does happen. It's a risky risky thing though, lol. BEWARE.

I started off writing for Adam but he's been behind each of our pens at one point or another. I would think if you're baptized in the blood a Dag you'll be doing most of Adam's writing from here on out. That would make sense wouldn't it? I'll go back and hunt up a few scenes of them together and post here so you can get a feel for what they 'talked like' before.

They really are an enchanting couple. Twisted, and, enchanting.

edit on 30-10-2011 by silo13 because: sob sob BYE DAG HONEY!

top topics

<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join