It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 258
<< 255  256  257    259  260  261 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I've decided to "gloss over" the Zombie Hunt by ErnieBen, so as not to have to recount all the gory details. As I recall, most of the Zombies were still in the Ship's Center, so when you get there, you can find ErnieBen just sitting on a pile of zombie corpses, smoking one of Cim's Cuban See-gars, with a smug look on his face if you want to, and let the readers fill in the details in their own imaginations.

You'll probably have to show him where to jettison the zombie corpses out into space for disposal, since he's unfamiliar with Ship, and had to ask the robot bartender for directions to the Armory.

Once they're disposed of, will Yydryl be rid of what ails her, and back in the pink?

ErnieBen is a handy fellow, and may make a good mechanic once the War of the Dark Lord is over.

Getting close to the time when we'll have to figure out how to reveal that Cim's "Ernie" is neno's "Ben".

Could go something like this:

(mention of "neno" in passing)

ErnieBen: "Neo? You know that's just a fable in an old book to scare young-uns with, right? There ain't really no sech person"

Silo: "No, 'neno' - short for 'nen-oth-tu'. (add in here any extra descriptors to identify him)"

ErineBen: "You don't say? Pretty odd name. I once knowed a kid with that fer a nickname. Dangerous little bugger, he turned out to be. Why, he took out a whole clan of folks afore he left Vandalia fer good!"

Silo:
"Vandalia, did you say?"

(add in whatever else, salt, and stir vigorously)

Of course, that would presume that either ErineBen isn't aware of things as they are already, OR at this point he still for some reason wants to hide his own involvement across the ages - if that's the way it goes...

edit on 2011/10/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

1) neno goes to the Center on Yydryl to live out the rest of his mortal days in peace.

Or Neno goes to the Yydryl and begs the Yydryl to 'disengage' the Center - after he's found a way to put the 'Center' back into space where earth once belonged - thus making Nene... GOD! :O

I have to share this. Last night late I was working on signing some of my photographs. On one particularly beautiful photo I decided to go back and check something. I about fell off my chair! I'd signed it 'Neno '11' - instead of with my studio name and the date! ROTFL. Oh where my head goes when doing menial tasks!

peace

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Once they're disposed of, will Yydryl be rid of what ails her, and back in the pink?

Muckles will have to help. She hasn't told me how yet.

ErnieBen is a handy fellow, and may make a good mechanic once the War of the Dark Lord is over.

Actually that's where we find him - he'll tell the zombie story

By the way I thought zombies kind of exploded when they died! I'm wrong again! WAHHH!

Getting close to the time when we'll have to figure out how to reveal that Cim's "Ernie" is neno's "Ben".

Ohh my... I thought Neno and Ben would find that out on their own - I guess if you're not coming back to the Yydryl but popping off into wherever with the DL.

Let me go back and read the rest of your post.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Yes, if you're not going back to the Yydryl - will Sslar stay with the YYdryl and Ben?

And yes, it would be fun to write that dialog.

Also - did you decide if you want Sargent James and the Penelope to go looking for you - or no?

So many questions! So many directions!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I thought Zombies died like this?

Please let me know if I'm wrong. I had visions of Ernie/Ben sitting on a big pile a ash like he'd smoked one heck of huge stogy!

By the by... Isn't that guy in the clip Neno's brother from another mother...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Fab to hear about the wedding! I wonder if we'll find Y's father and Quorra never did the funky - or if it really doesn't even matter?

I can't wait to hear when Y'lwren goes back to her original form. I have this horrible feeling though she's going to 'die like a dog' - which will push Y right over the edge. (Whatever one he's teetering on at the time). Maybe Quorra will even try to save Wren?

Can't wait!

peace

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good Gosh! That clip is violent!
I thought we may set the Zombies onto a-more peaceful path.
Ernie could show them the gifts acquired from Gardening or Pottery
classes.
Knitting is also a hobby that may bring a comfortable acceptance of
being a mindless rotting corpse.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I guess they will be a bonding between Wren and Quorra... it'll make a nice
ending of that episode.
Oh... by the way, could Silo teach the Zombies how to ornamental-Melon
carving?

edit on 29-10-2011 by A boy in a dress because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Bonding before death - poor Wren. The new world has no place for her. Plus, she's been a martyr since day one, we should probably give her her wish.

Zombies crave (carve?) brains. I fear it would be just too cruel to try and whip them into another mind frame. To appreciate something...lower...than brains would be just too heartless.

edit on 29-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Dag was initially blinded by the glare of the globes lining the passage, and because her grip on Adam was top priority, she was unable to shield her eyes. Her outer lids slid closed autonomously, of course, but the voluntary third lids -- which were the only sure protection for her vision -- had become atrophied after so long living in the darkness of home. The agony of the light on her retina was matched with the burning of the light on her skin as well. She wondered if she were actually on fire.

"Farboshmax!!!" she screamed. Adam, however, remained in a stupor, unable to respond to this, the most desperate of distress calls. Dag felt his intent clearly enough, but his physical form was useless to either of them at the moment.

Fearing what she would find beneath her, she allowed herself to slump down to the surface of the passage and maneuvered his head into her lap. With relief she discovered the floor to be of a forgiving, shock-absorbent substance, and not at all similar to the jagged, cutting shale that had lain outside the chamber where they'd been hiding.

Her strength being thus diverted from focus on supporting her man, Dag willed a good portion to her tormented eyes, and the third lids slid closed. Cautiously she allowed the outer lids to relax and placed her hand over the right one. This, she knew, would activate her left brain lobe and allow her to sense any sentience surrounding her.

"Adam," she muttered. "Stay with me. Adam, force your thoughts to remain on me."

Meanwhile, she focused hers on their surroundings. She needed help. If she failed to get Adam to safety and care, he would expire and she could not even consider that as a option.

After several moments, she became aware of the sound and current of air moving. Slowly first into her face, then into her hair. Like breathing. Not a mortal's breathing, certainly not Adam's. But as though a being with enormous organs were asleep, or languishing. Separating her smaller fingers enough to peek out into the passage, she saw no one.

There were no signs, no markings of any kind within her line of sight.

----------------------------------

Okay, silo, here's my first draft contribution. Like you said, I just started. I've no idea what Yydryl has already been described as, so I made up the surfaces and noises...naturally if inaccurate then that's fine.

Can you point me to some particular entries that will help me with the basic setup?

This reminds me of auditions for Renaissance Festval every year - we have to draw a character name out of a hat, and in 5 minutes invent that character's reason for seeking audience with the King and/or Queen. Improvisation is my favorite!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

HAPPY DANCE ~~~ WOOOHOOOO!!!

WOW I love it!

The only thing I'd say is Dag's eyes - as far as we know - are normal - BUT BUT BUT - if you want to make them the way you stated? She's YOUR BABY now! You just might need a little more explanation - like - the reaction to her eyes is something NEW since boarding the Yydryl!
Maybe attributed to the Yydryl being sick? (Which she is but Dag just found that out only moments ago).

Beyond that remember you just got onto Ship (the Yydryl) from the Sprint that was taking you, Adam, Chumley, Muckles, Silo and Sslar 'home'. (I'll give you a run down of who they are in a bit.)

BUT - none of that matters cause YOU - DAG - just got there. Your mission is to get Adam to the Recovery Bay and let the 'intruder' in him (name of Carpet) 'escape' into Ship's - you guessed it - carpet. We'll explain more don't worry!

We'll only have to hold your hand through the first few posts but don't worry and don't be discouraged please!

The 'slag' and rough terrain was the place you were before - great addition that - you're already getting into the 'feel' - Dag just escaped from the 'hell mines' - your description fit perfect!

See what the others here have to say in encouragement of your post and let's get it ironed out so you can post it in the story line!

And don't worry! It wont take you long to catch on! The story is pretty complicated right now - but you're brave and we have tons of patience! I'd just suggest posting here in the working thread a few times before posting directly into the Story line - it will save Masqua some 're posts'!

Oh and to answer your question? There isn't a lot of description about the Yydryl interior. I'll post more to you here tomorrow with pics etc. As happy as I am to see you here - I'm about ready to fall off my chair - I'm dead tired and my eyes are crossing.

WELCOME TO THE SPACE OPERA!!!

Oh, and, love your style!

edit on 29-10-2011 by silo13 because: EEEEEEEEE!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

1) neno goes to the Center on Yydryl to live out the rest of his mortal days in peace.

Or Neno goes to the Yydryl and begs the Yydryl to 'disengage' the Center - after he's found a way to put the 'Center' back into space where earth once belonged - thus making Nene... GOD! :O

I have to share this. Last night late I was working on signing some of my photographs. On one particularly beautiful photo I decided to go back and check something. I about fell off my chair! I'd signed it 'Neno '11' - instead of with my studio name and the date! ROTFL. Oh where my head goes when doing menial tasks!

peace

If our intrepid crew is successful, then Earth will be back where she belongs already, since she never will have been destroyed. I'm thinking of the Center as more of a Garden of Eden... and since Silo created it, that makes Silo.... GOD! Neno can play the part of Adam in the Garden, but he is of course too old and ugly, so he may wind up taking the Serpent role

"Come here, little girl - want a piece of apple?" ROFLMAO!

I hope you changed that signature - it could burst into flame any second!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Actually that's where we find him - he'll tell the zombie story

I'm looking forward to his tale.

By the way I thought zombies kind of exploded when they died! I'm wrong again! WAHHH!

I think that's some vampires that explode, and others just turn into ash and dust. Zombies go from animated corpses to inanimated corpses.

Ohh my... I thought Neno and Ben would find that out on their own - I guess if you're not coming back to the Yydryl but popping off into wherever with the DL.

Let me go back and read the rest of your post.

Oops. This is why we have the back thread, I reckon. I thought you all were coming back to the tower and bringing ErnieBen with you!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Yes, if you're not going back to the Yydryl - will Sslar stay with the YYdryl and Ben?

I reckon so, until neno unpoofs back from wherever he and the DL poof off to.

Also - did you decide if you want Sargent James and the Penelope to go looking for you - or no?

I hadn't really decided on that yet - I haven't even figured out a story line for how Lt James gets into the captain's chair!

It may be better if he doesn't, since then the entire Penelope crew would remember the alternate history that will have never happened.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I thought Zombies died like this?

Please let me know if I'm wrong. I had visions of Ernie/Ben sitting on a big pile a ash like he'd smoked one heck of huge stogy!

Nah. Those are vampires. As I recall, Blade is a half breed vampire, half vampire, half human.

By the by... Isn't that guy in the clip Neno's brother from another mother...

How odd that you should say that. I used to work with a black guy who looked something like Wesley Snipes. we'll call him "Ray". he and I used to tell people that we were "twin brothers by separate mothers" just to watch their reaction! There was this one girl who was hip to the scam, who used to tell Ray that he ought to do something about his "white guy butt".

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
reply to post by silo13

Good Gosh! That clip is violent!
I thought we may set the Zombies onto a-more peaceful path.
Ernie could show them the gifts acquired from Gardening or Pottery
classes.
Knitting is also a hobby that may bring a comfortable acceptance of
being a mindless rotting corpse.

Leather Crafts.

The zombies need to take up Leather Crafts to find Inner Peace.

Speaking of violent action of the neno variety, have either of you ever seen "Equilibrium", and specifically the gun Kata that those bad-ass Grammiton Clerics do? One of the opening scenes has a Cleric named Preston take a running go, body slam a steel door, and ride it like a surf board into a pitch black room filled with opponents. He stands there a couple of minutes, listening, as the opponents whisper and cough and whatnot, and as soon as he's heard the position of each of them, all hell breaks loose.

Gun Kata. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

The end scene of the movie is not to be believed, Well, it IS a movie!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Oh... by the way, could Silo teach the Zombies how to ornamental-Melon
carving?

"BIAD" should really be spelled "B-A-A-A-D".

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Zombies crave (carve?) brains. I fear it would be just too cruel to try and whip them into another mind frame. To appreciate something...lower...than brains would be just too heartless.

Brains?

Oh. I guess I never raised my eyes that high...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

reply to post by wildtimes

HAPPY DANCE ~~~ WOOOHOOOO!!!

WOW I love it!

The only thing I'd say is Dag's eyes - as far as we know - are normal - BUT BUT BUT - if you want to make them the way you stated? She's YOUR BABY now! You just might need a little more explanation - like - the reaction to her eyes is something NEW since boarding the Yydryl!
Maybe attributed to the Yydryl being sick? (Which she is but Dag just found that out only moments ago).

Nictating membranes. Reptiles have them. They're secondary eyelids, and clear, to protect the eyes from water or something. No one ever notices them much, but they're there....

BUT - none of that matters cause YOU - DAG - just got there. Your mission is to get Adam to the Recovery Bay and let the 'intruder' in him (name of Carpet) 'escape' into Ship's - you guessed it - carpet. We'll explain more don't worry!

The surface she described sounded like Carpet to me.

See what the others here have to say in encouragement of your post and let's get it ironed out so you can post it in the story line!

looks great to me - just a tweak here and there to merge it into what's going on in the story, and let 'er rip!

Oh and to answer your question? There isn't a lot of description about the Yydryl interior. I'll post more to you here tomorrow with pics etc.

I'll be glad of that - I've been here since the beginning, and STILL don't have a firm grasp of the internal layout of the Yydryl!

WELCOME TO THE SPACE OPERA!!!

Oh, and, love your style!

Seconded!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Oops. This is why we have the back thread, I reckon. I thought you all were coming back to the tower and bringing ErnieBen with you!

I was sure that was the plan also. Good to know it isn't changed. Whew!

new topics

top topics

<< 255  256  257    259  260  261 >>

join